PDA

View Full Version : Do you read Newspapers ?

anoneemuse
04-17-2010, 11:18 AM
eh ?

whats in it ?

religion and politics

yea ?

yesterday night rocked like fuck ...

zinkin why

cinephilia
04-17-2010, 12:21 PM
no, since the only thing you can believe in a newspaper is the date.

tesco
04-17-2010, 01:15 PM
Sometimes. If I'm bored at work during break and I have a paper I will read it.
Otherwise, no.

anon
04-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Not really.

QPD
04-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Only when I wait my turn to cut my hair...

enoughfakefiles
04-17-2010, 07:34 PM
What else are you supposed to do with a newspaper?

ablearcher
04-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Papers are pretty much dead. The net provides a lot more and in real time. However I like to read local ads with sales, promos, etc. Newspapers need to start being more oriented towards local content. Global stuff can be found elsewhere (internet and radio mostly, plus some TV).

chalice
04-17-2010, 08:11 PM

Wipe your arse with it. Wrap your fish and chips in it, innit. Make a scrapbook of your reportage for murdering prostitutes with it. Cut your favourite words out and make yourself a poison-pen letter with it. Give yourself ink poisoning with it. Sculpt a papier-mache effigy of Simon Cowell out of it.

And so on.

enoughfakefiles
04-17-2010, 08:16 PM

Wipe your arse with it. Wrap your fish and chips in it, innit. Make a scrapbook of your reportage for murdering prostitutes with it. Cut your favourite words out and make yourself a poison-pen letter with it. Give yourself ink poisoning with it. Sculpt a papier-mache effigy of Simon Cowell out of it.

And so on.

I see your watching Britains got talent then chalice :smilie4:

I once used my firms phone list to wipe my arse in a hotel in Algeria because of the lack of andrex :ermm:

pentomato
04-17-2010, 08:58 PM

And so on.

I am sure you use it for that purpose, after that you clean your hands and face when you eat...

chalice
04-17-2010, 09:00 PM

And so on.

I am sure you use it for that purpose, after that you clean your hands and face when you eat...

:lol:

About one minute to ten, by my watch, like.

Monkey.

pentomato
04-17-2010, 09:37 PM

:lol:

About one minute to ten, by my watch, like.

Monkey.

What did you say, you third world scum, ass face wiper?

chalice
04-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Not a word.

One would've thought that the very quantum of rational expression you've encountered on this board might've had some sort of subliminal effect. Seems not.

You are decisively pig-ignorant. Nice trick if you can manage it.

Tv Controls you
04-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Propaganda on a slab O' paper.... I'll pass.

Fuck no.

chalice
04-17-2010, 09:54 PM

Fuck no.

So, how should we learn about current events occurring at diverse positions throughout our planet, then, wise one?

pentomato
04-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Not a word.

I don't read newspapers because I don't know how, I am a moronic ignorant third world poor man.

fixed

brotherdoobie
04-18-2010, 07:28 PM
http://newsmap.jp/

I read the newspaper (online and on paper).

-doobs

IdolEyes787
04-18-2010, 07:54 PM

Fuck no.

So, how should we learn about current events occurring at diverse positions throughout our planet, then, wise one?

Many newspapers suffer from being conduits for the owners political agenda but they are still the best source for in-depth analysis .
TV is nothing but sensationalism and sound bites and if you want rampant and uncontrolled propaganda look no further than the internet.
Besides there is something both quite comforting and "right" about sitting down and at your leisure and reading (whether a paper or book) off of actual paper.
I don't care want what toy Apple comes out with I hope they never supplant it.

lued_00
04-18-2010, 09:53 PM
mostly on weekends when i got time, now with twitter and all this shit you can get news pretty much while they're happening

brotherdoobie
04-18-2010, 11:39 PM

Many newspapers suffer from being conduits for the owners political agenda but they are still the best source for in-depth analysis .
TV is nothing but sensationalism and sound bites and if you want rampant and uncontrolled propaganda look no further than the internet.
Besides there is something both quite comforting and "right" about sitting down and at your leisure and reading (whether a paper or book) off of actual paper.
I don't care want what toy Apple comes out with I hope they never supplant it.

I read the newspaper for local news, mostly. The interweb > newspapers for in-depth analysis. Sure, there's plenty of rubbish floating around the ether, but you can also find all of the positive things that you've mentioned about traditional newspapers, and in real time, obviously.

-doobs

IdolEyes787
04-18-2010, 11:55 PM
and in real time, obviously.

There's another type?

edit :Sorry I was forgetting about drugs.

brotherdoobie
04-19-2010, 12:57 AM
and in real time, obviously.

There's another type?

edit :Sorry I was forgetting about drugs.

Yes, the type where you read about it as it occurs, as opposed to the next day, mate.

And next time...please don't forget the drugs. I'm almost out, ffs.

-doobs :ermm:

Unthinkable
04-19-2010, 08:57 AM
all the biz magazines: the economist, business week, HBR

yh830815
04-19-2010, 10:03 AM
reading is a good habit

8dc
04-20-2010, 09:36 AM
I read from the Internet, no more newspaper.

Noen
04-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Neah,i dont like it.