PDA

View Full Version : Huge Fires In San Diego, Mnf Cancelled?

SodiumChloride
10-26-2003, 09:49 PM
So what does everyone think is gonna happen? Hundreds of homes down so far, thick smoke all over the county, and the stadium is being used as an evacuation center. I live in SD county and it is literally snowing ash right now. I live quite a few miles away i found a few large 6 square inch pieces of ash lying around.

It's kinda a bummer because all of our firefighters were sent to LA to help put out their fires yesterday, before the fires erupted here. I heard on the news that only a hundred or so fighters are fighting this huge fire. :(

bigboab
10-26-2003, 09:50 PM
What type of fire is it?

I think I would feel for the people who's homes are getting burned down. Rather than worry about a sporting contest being cancelled. :(

SodiumChloride
10-26-2003, 10:03 PM
A brush fire, particularly dangerous because there is a weather pattern called "santa ana" which cause high winds and high temperatures.

bigboab
10-26-2003, 10:16 PM
Take care then mate. ;)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
10-26-2003, 11:32 PM
:huh: There is a Fire going on?From Louisville Kentucky.....have not heard of this.Maybe I should stay away from the PC sometimes. :huh:

:o No Monday Night Football?! :o

:angry: :( :angry:

ttttttttt
10-27-2003, 12:30 AM
news to me

SodiumChloride
10-27-2003, 01:09 AM
by the way the monday night football reference was just a side note

it's scheduled to be in san diego tomorrow. Don't want to put a sporting event's importance ahead of a fire's