PDA

View Full Version : Road Runner Upgrade?

jbrown75n
04-20-2010, 11:43 PM
On Saturday I got Road Runner installed hoping to upgrade from ATT's lowest bandwidth. I fired up Bittorrent and went to bed for the night. When I woke up I found that Warner had blocked my internet access and every attempt was met with them redirecting me to a menacing webpage called a "complaint". Is there anyway around this?

TONiC
04-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Any VPN service should fix the problem immediately, as you seem to pinpoint the fault on Warner so a VPN should "protect" your traffic. It's about $10 for a decent provider...

Skiz
04-21-2010, 07:53 PM
On Saturday I got Road Runner installed hoping to upgrade from ATT's lowest bandwidth. I fired up Bittorrent and went to bed for the night. When I woke up I found that Warner had blocked my internet access and every attempt was met with them redirecting me to a menacing webpage called a "complaint". Is there anyway around this?

Could you expand on this please?

I've had Time Warner for around 10 years and have never had a single issue anything remotely close to this. Have you called you local Time Warner/Road Runner support?

Any VPN service should fix the problem immediately, as you seem to pinpoint the fault on Warner so a VPN should "protect" your traffic. It's about $10 for a decent provider...

A VPN should not even be considered in this situation. Time Warner, to my knowledge, does not block any of the major file sharing protocols. Again, I have used Road Runner for years with no problem whatsoever.

It also appears that 'jbrown75n' is being redirected to another site and unable to use the internet altogether. This is something that needs to be resolved locally. Suggesting the member resort to a VPN before calling his local tech support is just silly.

Besides, 'jbrown75n' could always go back to AT&T or another provider if he/she wasn't satisfied with RR.

Rart
04-21-2010, 08:28 PM
I haven't had any issues with TWC either.

Care to perhaps post a screenshot/more specific message so we get a better understanding of what happens?