PDA

View Full Version : DST for HALF a state (QLD, AU) o_O

iLOVENZB
04-21-2010, 01:09 PM
I can't believe it when I heard this, apparently there;s going to be a referendum for Sth East Queensland to have DST.

Not only would I urge all Queenslanders to appose this bs proposal but I also urge a proposal to remove DST for all states.

Anna Bligh wants to bring Queensland in line with other states, despite the fact it doesn't work in the other states and wont be as effective. How the fuck do they expect to run one state on two different timezones? Not to mention any local can tell you that days really aren't that long to take advantage of.

I haven't even mentioned the negative points of DST. Do we really 'need' and extra hour of daylight? There's not really a loss in businesses, we just have to start an hour earlier.

I;m a baker and would rather the extra hour sleep, we start at 3AM and the minute the DST changes over I can say 90% of the time at least 3 employees won't have changed their clocks so they come to work 1hr early or late.

I just can't believe the minds of politicians today.

Article (http://www.mysunshinecoast.com.au/articles/article-display/queenslanders-will-decide-on-daylight-saving-for-south-east-queensland,16901)