PDA

View Full Version : Karagarga now accepts HDTV uploads!!

Hombre
04-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Following discussions along staff members and user feedback, we have decided to allow on a trial basis HDTV uploads on KG.

Here are the rules of the game :

All HDTV rips must receive prior approval from a staff member BEFORE the upload within the dedicated forum topic.
Please don't PM staff regarding HDTV permissions.
Any upload without approval will be DELETED, even if it fits the quality standards. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Only 720p encodes of material that is NOT released or planned for release on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray are allowed.
Only x264 encodes. NO raw streams (.ts) even if they are muxed into an .mkv file.
The preferred file format is mkv. NO wmv or mp4!
NO Upscales are allowed for any possible reasons. It will be Staff's decision if a rip is considered an upscale or not.
All other KG rules apply.

Your request must include the following information :

The title/name of what you wish to upload
If it's a scene/group encode please keep the original tagging intact
Link to IMDB (or another relevant website)
At least 3 screenshots in the PNG format
A complete rip specs report generated by MediaInfo

elbuitre
04-21-2010, 05:22 PM
i wonder why only 720p is allowed :S

anon
04-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Because 1080p rips are too big perhaps?

Aristocles
04-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Well 1080i is the best TV signal that I am aware of. The 1080p HDTV then de-interlaces, to give one a better picture but it's not truly 1080p.

I'm not clear if this has something to do with the issue or not. That announcement has been up for some time now.

IdolEyes787
04-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Following discussions along staff members and user feedback, we have decided to allow on a trial basis HDTV uploads on KG.

All HDTV rips must receive prior approval from a staff member BEFORE the upload within the dedicated forum topic.
Any upload without approval will be DELETED, even if it fits the quality standards. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Only 720p encodes of material that is NOT released or planned for release on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray are allowed.
Only x264 encodes. NO raw streams (.ts) even if they are muxed into an .mkv file.
NO Upscales are allowed for any possible reasons. It will be Staff's decision if a rip is considered an upscale or not.

You know that great little store that you always go out of your way to shop at? The one that isn't the biggest or has the most stuff but is just so homey and cool and when you go in there they know you by name?
And then one day the owner decides that he isn't satisfied with just getting by and slaps on a big extension and starts selling the same crap that you can find at any mall?And then three months later the place is bankrupt and they tear it down and put up a Walmart?

This feels a lot like that.

esc2010
04-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Karagarga is a tracker of what?

anon
04-21-2010, 07:32 PM
I know you're just spamming your way to the 20 posts, but just for the record:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/what-trackers-offer/

sez
04-21-2010, 09:44 PM

You know that great little store that you always go out of your way to shop at? The one that isn't the biggest or has the most stuff but is just so homey and cool and when you go in there they know you by name?
And then one day the owner decides that he isn't satisfied with just getting by and slaps on a big extension and starts selling the same crap that you can find at any mall?And then three months later the place is bankrupt and they tear it down and put up a Walmart?

This feels a lot like that.

I wanted to say the illuminati are responsible but I think it makes more sense to blame it on eyjafjallajokull instead :unsure:

Daniel_30
04-22-2010, 06:30 PM
karagara needs a lots of active members

cinephilia
04-22-2010, 07:52 PM
karagarga already have a "lot of active members".

IdolEyes787
04-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Is being an active member the same thing as being a "good " member or as long as you simply download a lot of shit ,keep it seeding for a little while and give the pretense of giving a fuck does matter?

Not being specific to KG here.

b3owulf
04-23-2010, 03:49 AM
Karagarga NEEDS YOU!!!!!1111111

anoneemuse
04-23-2010, 09:29 AM
the best tracker there is ...

b3owulf
04-23-2010, 03:07 PM
the best tracker there is ...
wtf? :blink:

cinephilia
04-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Is being an active member the same thing as being a "good " member or as long as you simply download a lot of shit ,keep it seeding for a little while and give the pretense of giving a fuck does matter?

yes, to me it is - no matter your intentions as long as you give back a bit.

Burnsy
04-27-2010, 11:52 AM

Being an active member certainly doesn't make you a bad member either though does it?

For a tracker to keep running it takes everyone to contribute a little something... some members have loads of time and can sit all day in the forums, replying to every post and spamming the shit out of the place to make it look like they care...

Other members may have a lot of other things going on and not have the time to sit at their PC for hours at a time but can contribute in other ways... i.e. keeping things active on the tracker, donating, answering FLS queries when they get the time etc

I think being a good member is quite subjective and everyone can be 'good' in their own way :)

Just out of curiosity... what do you consider it takes to qualify someone as being a 'good' member and of value to a tracker?