PDA

View Full Version : CN.mn removed all invites from the site!

Hombre
04-21-2010, 04:58 PM
According from yesterday:

All invites have been removed from everyone.
This is because of the high activity from traders and invites sellers, currently the only way to get in the site is through applications which is not going to last for long.
This is for the best of all of us. Thanks for your understanding.

::iKiller

b3owulf
04-21-2010, 05:09 PM
HDBits' story continues.

PS This thread sucks does not deliver.

Zac090
04-21-2010, 05:13 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-cn-has-open-sign-up-407992 :naughty:

esc2010
04-21-2010, 06:41 PM
I think it is because there are a lot of traders and sellers on CN.

anon
04-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Second line of the quote? :huh:

dvdasacd
04-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Like hdbits, they might still give invites to people like vips....or just quietly be alright with people closer to the staff personally asking for an invite for a good buddy every now and then...

Edit:

And like hdbits, you don't *need* this site so there's no big deal :rolleyes:. Both sites are luxuries, if you like what they offer. In terms of getting the essential content, they offer (almost literally) nothing unique. I was at CN but then realised it wasn't my kind of site, and my account is probably disabled from inactivity now...I would love to get into hdbits, being a blu-ray freak, but just don't know anyone nor am connected-enough to that very small and seemingly keeping-to-themselves in-crowd there at hdbits...probably half the vips are not even active at the site any more.

Either way...it's nothing I believe anyone should make a fuss about, with these sites...

Quarterquack
04-22-2010, 10:00 AM
probably half the vips are not even active at the site any more.

They're pretty much all active, but if you ask me, you have a better chance talking to the staff directly. Less cuckoo cases to go through. :lol:

dvdasacd
04-22-2010, 10:52 AM
probably half the vips are not even active at the site any more.

They're pretty much all active

Very interesting. Nice to hear actually.

The premium selection of content and encodes must be so good they keep on coming back :P. (since, who stops watching movies? :))

MiNiMAL
04-22-2010, 03:05 PM
iKiller FTW !
|They , need make this a long time ago...|

puckface
04-22-2010, 03:29 PM

Well I think its because there are a lot of sellers and traders on CN

Supervisor
04-22-2010, 03:33 PM
iKiller FTW !
|They , need make this a long time ago...|

One step at a time mate :)

anon
04-22-2010, 03:55 PM

That's probably because there are a lot of sellers and traders on CN.

b3owulf
04-22-2010, 04:39 PM

That's probably because there are a lot of sellers and traders on CN.
No, you're all wrong! It's because of big amount traders and sellers on CN!

Cabalo
04-22-2010, 06:23 PM
thanks for the staff
Excellent post, very helpful.

Daniel_30
04-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Bad news

Cabalo
04-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Bad news
Yet another one. :lol:

b3owulf
04-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Bad news
Yours posts here are spam too :D Just as this one :lol:

Cabalo
04-23-2010, 03:24 AM
Yours posts here are spam too :D Just as this one :lol:
This thread deserves nothing more than this. :happy:

Cut-Copy-Paste
04-23-2010, 10:13 AM
dey also seems 2 be down

Supervisor
04-23-2010, 10:22 AM
DNS update.

We changed hosts.

bumrocks
04-23-2010, 10:46 AM

I think it is because there are alot of pimps and trick ass hoes on CN.

pro267
04-23-2010, 11:52 AM
So the solution for CN being full of traders and sellers is to shut down the doors to help keep all the traders and sellers safe in their little cozy community.

I can certainly see the logic in that.

bumrocks
04-23-2010, 01:15 PM
So the solution for CN being full of traders and sellers is to shut down the doors to help keep all the traders and sellers safe in their little cozy community.

Are you saying that the logic is to keep the doors open so that they can remain safe, multiply, create dupe accounts, etc.

I can certainly see the logic in that. :pinch:

Supervisor
04-23-2010, 01:15 PM

Oh you have really put some thought into that comment. I can see that.

anonymous0711
04-23-2010, 01:19 PM

Oh you have really put some thought into that comment. I can see that.

I mean either way once they are in especially in large enough numbers to make you completely shut down invites, you arent getting rid of the problem. Shutting down invites is just going to keep members who would actually use and appreciate the tracker out as well as the traders and cheaters you already have... its not as if they recieved a tip that cheaters were going to get in and they stopped... its like roaches, they may have gotten in through a hole in the door but one they are in patching the hole in the door doesnt work
you gotta find a way to get rid of them all and unfortunately thats an almost impossible task in this situation
so its not as if his comment was just ridiculous in fact if you think that closing the doors is going to do anything more than make traders want it more b/c of the higher l33tness you are extrememly foolish... now they are just going to trade accounts instead of invites... good job really fixed things huh

Supervisor
04-23-2010, 01:28 PM
anonymous0711 those users you mention, those we are leaving out at the moment, had multiple chances to join the site in the past weeks :)

It's time to take care of the new users, we got quite a few in case you are not aware, make sure they don't feel aside of the rest of the community, make sure they don't feel separated, make sure they blend in just perfectly, banning of course those who are there just for the sake of it or are found to be traders or cheaters.

Good users who were left out will have many chances to join. As I said already, one step at a time.

Edit: God you got all rude with that edit. Answer is given anyway... Thanks for sharing your view.

bumrocks
04-23-2010, 01:30 PM
I don't think anyone claimed to have fixed anything...

Besides that there are recruitment threads open. On top of that, certain members can still request invites. So the doors are not being shut to "members who would actually use and appreciate the tracker"...

Via Captain Obvious: Traded accounts are much easier to identify then traded invites.

Cabalo
04-23-2010, 02:06 PM
It's a bitch when you have to sacrifice security in order to gain any decent torrent activity. Trying to be leet isn't easy in Ghost Town.
Not that anyone could ever predict CN would be a swarm of collectors, sellers and cheaters. :rolleyes:
Suites you right for your childish fanaticism.

pro267
04-23-2010, 02:58 PM

Are you saying that the logic is to keep the doors open so that they can remain safe, multiply, create dupe accounts, etc.

The site is full of scumbags, it's rotten from the grounds up. The only way you can get rid of them is to start over. Change some of your staff as well.

kukushka
04-23-2010, 03:03 PM

the thing is, when people want movies, they can always easily join kg, tik, goem.... anything... those trackers don't provide some of the "special" features that can be found at your site and somehow side effects of those unique features became the point of attraction for some of the bt scum. i don't say that staff of any tracker shouldn't try to keep its userbase in healthy condition, but there are different approaches to it and maybe yours isn't the most effective one

bumrocks
04-23-2010, 09:39 PM

the thing is, when people want movies, they can always easily join kg, tik, goem.... anything... those trackers don't provide some of the "special" features that can be found at your site and somehow side effects of those unique features became the point of attraction for some of the bt scum. i don't say that staff of any tracker shouldn't try to keep its userbase in healthy condition, but there are different approaches to it and maybe yours isn't the most effective one

Finally, an opinion from someone who isn't dribbling the same old shit.

I understand your view completely. But as you mentioned, it is a side effect. Is it a worthy one to have? Imo, a site with cool features and more alive movie torrents then any of the sites you mentioned (outside of kg maybe), is worth the side effects. It is very easy to weed out the bad. On top of that, I bet the same BT scum you refer to atm, are probably members of kg and the like. This is my short answer/response.

Now if any of you have a specific list of these "scum" instead of generalizations then I will be more than happy to weed them out immediately, along with recent proof, of course.

As far as Cabalo, and your outdated opinion...It is just that. Outdated. It is unfortunate that more and more of your posts sound the same...Maybe its time to quit taking this shit so seriously. Become a regular user once again. This mod shit has made you into a different person, imo.

anon
04-26-2010, 01:15 PM
If I have any good idea I will post, thx very much

I have an idea - why don't you stop spamming and get out?

Cabalo
04-26-2010, 01:17 PM

Finally, an opinion from someone who isn't dribbling the same old shit.

I understand your view completely. But as you mentioned, it is a side effect. Is it a worthy one to have? Imo, a site with cool features and more alive movie torrents then any of the sites you mentioned (outside of kg maybe), is worth the side effects. It is very easy to weed out the bad. On top of that, I bet the same BT scum you refer to atm, are probably members of kg and the like. This is my short answer/response.

Now if any of you have a specific list of these "scum" instead of generalizations then I will be more than happy to weed them out immediately, along with recent proof, of course.

As far as Cabalo, and your outdated opinion...It is just that. Outdated. It is unfortunate that more and more of your posts sound the same...Maybe its time to quit taking this shit so seriously. Become a regular user once again. This mod shit has made you into a different person, imo.
It's still far the day you will be one of those I'll listen to. Someone who hurt this site as much as you did, should just shut the fuck up and fuck off.
Continue with your crusade, no one cares. You just became another CN tard.

DuneCat
04-26-2010, 02:26 PM
ffs ppl shouldnt fukin care about cosa nostra. cosa nostra dot mn was already started by traders. old memberz know cosa nostra staff has trade history.
i wish fst staff made a decision n create a no-talk tracker list that only consist of cosa nostra, so ppl forgot about this tracker n hopefully it wil die as it deserves

1000possibleclaws
04-27-2010, 05:20 AM
Correction: the only way to get rid of the scumbags is to shut down and to not start over. Sites like that only attract disillusioned mongs (and you can quote me on that).

Quarterquack
04-27-2010, 06:27 AM
I'm dropping an honest, non-trolling question here. The same question applies in regard to the PTN fiasco, as well.

Why are people two-faced with this situation? Most people find the idea of ex-traders "morally" acceptable, and frown at tracker staff that won't get over their own ego to accept an ex-trader in. However, all of a sudden, there is a dichotomy in ideologies when it's the tracker staff that are ex-traders, and the users are the ones not letting go of it already.

Am I member of both CN/PTN? Well, yes, yes I am. Never have I ever seen the staff (who eventually moved on) assume the moral high-ground, so I'd love to see why people keep trying to beat them to it.

stupid_angel
04-29-2010, 12:29 PM
am I only one who can't login at cn?
btw, what's their irc? I'm worried a lot about acc, so help will be appreciated

megabyteme
04-29-2010, 12:59 PM
PM sent,s-a. The site switched servers recently. No problems.

As for all of the things said about CN, they still continue to puzzle me. I have yet to see staff there do anything but work hard on making the site enjoyable- which I find it to be. They are actually next on my, "Donate a few bucks when I can" list.

They certainly remain the recipients of ill will. Whatever did happen, between staff there made some long-term enemies. I would dismiss the claims entirely, if I did not respect so many of those who remain mad...

Hombre
04-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Every1 knows CN was founded by traders. i will not say ex-traders bcos they still are traders. once a trader always a trader. many of their staff are egyptian, so what else can i say...
they come from the ifi fiasco and tried to reach postion of power in bt to achieve their invs in a much easier way. so they open tracker and as trend was to be anti-trader, they pretend to be fanatic antitraders so they earn respekt from the community.
they attract some boys who wanted to climb too, and this is their story. look at their staff and bunch of fanatical antitraders and kids who want to be some1. they just messed with the wrong people when trying to become good.
i could post here some nice stories and screenshots, but i think fst protects them now with the word filter, so no bother.

megabyteme
04-29-2010, 01:56 PM
That may be true, Hombre, (don't know for certain, but not arguing against it) but now they seem to be focused on improvements to their site. Any anti-trader efforts seem to be limited to that and doing their best to keep info regarding the particulars of the site to a minimum.

They are well in their rights to do so, BTW.

I also have to wonder how many of the people who say it "sucks", have seen the site in the past year? Two years? I've seen quite a few now, and think they are really putting a lot of creative elements and hard work into making it unique and fun.

Burnsy
04-29-2010, 02:05 PM
They certainly remain the recipients of ill will. Whatever did happen, between staff there made some long-term enemies. I would dismiss the claims entirely, if I did not respect so many of those who remain mad...

Anyone care to enlighten the poor ignorants amongst us who have no clue what happened? :)

Quarterquack
04-29-2010, 05:05 PM
many of their staff are egyptian, so what else can i say...

Really? That makes a difference now? I`m egyptian, and I break less rules than your sorry ass does. Don`t over generalize, moron.

IdolEyes787
04-29-2010, 05:07 PM
I thought you were Canadian .Make up your mind.

Quarterquack
04-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Born Egyptian, and that`s still a part of me. You`re not going to deny me that simply because I like Taken and hate Justin Piper, eh? :happy:

P.S. I like bacon, too.

IdolEyes787
04-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Back bacon I hope.

Btw I would think less of you if you totally abandoned your heritage.

cinephilia
04-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Born Egyptian
are you saying that you're either a trader or a scamer (possibly both) ? :unsure:

anon
04-29-2010, 06:31 PM
are you saying that you're either a trader or a scamer (possibly both) ? :unsure:

He was born Egyptian, not his IP.

puckface
04-29-2010, 07:02 PM
peameal bacon.

stupid_angel
04-29-2010, 07:21 PM
men, men, calm down. irc, plz, someone?

anon
04-29-2010, 07:29 PM
irc, plz, someone?

SceneNotice.org has it. :O

cinephilia
04-29-2010, 07:38 PM

it's all the same!

IdolEyes787
04-29-2010, 10:48 PM
peameal bacon.

Canadian bacon.

ZuBedT2KQwo

megabyteme
04-29-2010, 11:06 PM
Most memorable scene from the movie...

6tdZkcV8o54

puckface
04-30-2010, 12:12 AM
peameal bacon.

Canadian bacon.

Ham

Supervisor
04-30-2010, 01:01 AM
Every1 knows CN was founded by traders. i will not say ex-traders bcos they still are traders. once a trader always a trader. many of their staff are egyptian, so what else can i say...
they come from the ifi fiasco and tried to reach postion of power in bt to achieve their invs in a much easier way. so they open tracker and as trend was to be anti-trader, they pretend to be fanatic antitraders so they earn respekt from the community.
they attract some boys who wanted to climb too, and this is their story. look at their staff and bunch of fanatical antitraders and kids who want to be some1. they just messed with the wrong people when trying to become good.
i could post here some nice stories and screenshots, but i think fst protects them now with the word filter, so no bother.

lol @ you mate.

stupid_angel
04-30-2010, 07:14 AM
irc, plz, someone?

their link leads nowhere. irc channel doesn't work

Quarterquack
04-30-2010, 07:18 AM
it's all the same!

:lol:

awaited
05-01-2010, 09:14 AM

their link leads nowhere. irc channel doesn't work

did you check your PM, I think MBM mentioned in his post that he PM'ed you with the info.