PDA

View Full Version : High School

IdolEyes787
04-21-2010, 08:08 PM
iUvnWP_mdZg

So its the end of the school year, and smarmy Principal Gordon (Michael Chiklis) has suddenly instituted a zero-tolerance crusade against his nemesis, the reviled marijuana. A mandatory drug test for all students is to be administered, failure of which will result in immediate expulsion. Normally, this would be of no consequence to straight-arrow valedictorian Henry Burke, except he just tried ganja for the very first time.
With his college scholarship hanging in the balance, Burke begrudgingly teams up with charismatic pothead Travis Breaux to do the only thing they can think of to neutralize this threat—get the entire student body stoned.

Author: Lake Culpepper ([email protected])
*** This review may contain spoilers ***
Stoners beware! This will be the film you buy and keep next to your bong. In case of a need for laughter emergency.

Sitting in a packed theater. Stars of the film a mere popcorn toss away. I kept thinking to myself. "Why is Oscar winning actor Adrien Brody in a stoner film." When all was said and done. As the crowd cheered and laughed upon the rolling of credits. It all made perfect sense to me. The script as "neck aching funny."

A high school valedictorian Henry Burke (Matt Bush). Allows himself a break from his strict studies. Of course he was persuaded by his long lost stoner pal Travis(Sean Marquette). As Henry inhaled his first hit ever. You knew it can only get worse. Announced at school the following day. Principal Gordon(Michael Chiklis) was enacting a mandatory drug test. Where if any student failed. It meant expulsion. After hearing this collegiate(scholarship to M.I.T) death sentence. Travis and Henry decide to get the whole high school high. Brownie bake sale baby.

As Travis and Henry begin such a tall order. They first must score the weed. To pull off such a feat. So, like all good plans. They decide to steal from Travis's drug dealer. Psycho Ed (Adrien Brody). And like all stoner plans. It gets worse around every turn.

I will leave the storyline there. And I will tell you. It is laugh out loud hilarious. Entertaining from start to finish. With some great acting from the star studded cast. So, look for this in theaters sometime this year. I will leave you with one word "WHUT?"

l33tpirata13
04-21-2010, 08:38 PM
finally another good pot head movie....i was getting sick of grandmas boy.

db_la_23
04-23-2010, 01:58 AM
looks good.

megabyteme
04-23-2010, 05:28 AM
Maybe someday, they'll make a musical...