PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Windows 7 ULTIMATE x64 Integrated February 2010 OEM DVD-BIE

Skiz
04-22-2010, 04:55 AM
I have downloaded and installed this:

Microsoft Windows 7 ULTIMATE x64 Integrated February 2010 OEM DVD-BIE

I turned off Windows updates (as I always do) during the initial install and I have verified that they are still off. However, when using a tool to check system temps, I noticed this:

Property Value
Activation Status Required
Remaining Grace Period 28320 (19 Days, 16 Hours, 0 Minutes)

:dabs:

I've also verified that I do not have the KB971033 update installed.

I've read in several places where people have has the same issues with this version. Is there a fix?

peat moss
04-22-2010, 05:06 AM
Did you run the RemoveWat program ?

link : hXXp://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/10895-RemoveWAT-A-safer-activation-solution.

Skiz
04-22-2010, 07:10 AM
No.

The NFO stated no mention of an authorization tool:

░█ Extract Files █░

░█ Burn Image to DVD █░

░█ Boot from DVD █░

░█ Install to unpartitioned space without serial █░

I'll check out that link.

EDIT: It still shows the registration is "Required" and the countdown is still running. I'll have to wait and see if the pop-up balloon continues.

Appzalien
04-23-2010, 01:24 AM
I noticed you said you turned off windows updates during the install, does that mean you installed it over another copy? (vista or something) Cause if you read the NFO it definately says you must install as a clean install to a blank partition (no update install) and then enter no serial during the install for it to work.

thisguy
04-23-2010, 01:31 AM
I did a clean install of this exact one you are talking about and its been working perfectly since february, the update to get rid of the 72 cracks was even auto un ticked to not download

Skiz
04-23-2010, 02:42 AM
I noticed you said you turned off windows updates during the install, does that mean you installed it over another copy? (vista or something) Cause if you read the NFO it definately says you must install as a clean install to a blank partition (no update install) and then enter no serial during the install for it to work.

Nope. Clean install.

I did a clean install of this exact one you are talking about and its been working perfectly since february, the update to get rid of the 72 cracks was even auto un ticked to not download

Would you mind opening this little utility? http://www.gtopala.com/

Open it and got to Software > Operating System > and then look at the 4th and 5th rows down. Mine says:

Activation Status Required
Remaining Grace Period 24300 (16 Days, 21 Hours, 0 Minutes)

What does yours say?

Appzalien
04-24-2010, 04:30 PM
"I turned off Windows updates (as I always do) during the initial install"

Thats where I go Huh? How can you turn off updates DURING the initial install, unless your doing an upgrade from an active version (where you can turn it off)? I could understand turning off updates AFTER the initial install, but not During for a clean install.

peat moss
04-24-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm running the same Windows 7 ULTIMATE x64 as you Skiz and after RemoveWAT I get "activated "on that page from SIW .

Did you try RemoveWat ?

bykte
04-24-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm running the same Windows 7 ULTIMATE x64 as you Skiz and after RemoveWAT I get "activated "on that page from SIW .

Did you try RemoveWat ?

RemoveWat FTW!

peat moss
04-24-2010, 06:34 PM

Did you try RemoveWat ?

RemoveWat FTW!

Remove Windows Activation Technology . :)

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/189137/microsoft_updates_windows_7_activation_technology.html

Skiz
04-25-2010, 10:29 PM

Did you try RemoveWat ?

Yep. Doesn't appear to do anything for me. :unsure:

"I turned off Windows updates (as I always do) during the initial install"

Thats where I go Huh? How can you turn off updates DURING the initial install, unless your doing an upgrade from an active version (where you can turn it off)? I could understand turning off updates AFTER the initial install, but not During for a clean install.

At this (http://z.about.com/d/pcsupport/1/0/r/5/-/-/windows-7-install-24.jpg) screen during a new, fresh install of Windows 7, you can opt to 'Ask me later' which turns off the updates.