PDA

View Full Version : Forgot my Waffles Password (or maybe username)?

zaa730
04-23-2010, 12:34 AM
Hey guys, I'm kind of lost. I've stored all my passwords/user names for stuff on an excel file and accidentally overrode it for a pie chart a made for stats class.

Anyhow, I'm a big guy pu+ with ~ 200gb. Could an admin pm me or something?

wltan
04-23-2010, 02:28 AM
recover by email

elbuitre
04-23-2010, 02:41 AM
you need the user name to recover by email. you need to go to IRC to talk with someone, no one can help you here
server: irc://irc.p2p-network.net
channel: #waffles.fm-help

you need to be registered with the server, if what you saying is true (?) you may be able to get it back with your email, remember to be patient, polite and read (understand and follow the rules of) the topic of the channel.

Glitterstep
04-23-2010, 03:14 AM
How can you forget your username?

wltan
04-23-2010, 03:17 AM

good question

but he stored on an excel,I think he lost this excel...

X-Files
04-23-2010, 03:18 AM
he ate too much spaghetti

Rigel9
04-23-2010, 07:58 AM

good question

but he stored on an excel,I think he lost this excel...

sounds legit :coffee:

anoneemuse
04-23-2010, 09:26 AM
i store it an xml mayn ..

not a solution ... anyways .. they are nice guys .. they will listen to you and they will , you know re activate it ...

or else . you just pm me .. i will do something about it ...

no wait .. dont i am kind busy now..

see if you can wait for 3 hours...

its a 200 gb upload isnt it ....

shouldnt waste it

anon
04-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Hey guys, I'm kind of lost. I've stored all my passwords/user names for stuff on an excel file and accidentally overrode it for a pie chart a made for stats class.

Recovering the password will do no good if you can't remember your username. You must have a lot of stuff in your head.

IRC may help if you give them as much details as possible. Next time, keep backups of your tracker database - I have multiple ones in the form of flashdrives and MicroSD cards.

RayJuniored
04-23-2010, 06:03 PM
^ Can I get copies of those?

anon
04-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Sure - you're on your own regarding the encryption key, though...

cinephilia
04-23-2010, 06:14 PM
fortunately, you didn't forget your fst username :rolleyes:

TraLaLa
04-23-2010, 09:10 PM
talk with some staff person and show your passkey

pro267
04-23-2010, 09:25 PM
unfortunately, you didn't forget your fst username :rolleyes:
Fixed that for ya..

By the way, welcome back zaa. I was hoping worried you died from a fatal skiing accident.

zaa730
04-24-2010, 12:38 AM
YAY I WOKE UP TODAY WITH A TERRIBLE HANGOVER BUT I REMEMBERED IT!!!

woo hoo me!!!

anon
04-24-2010, 03:56 PM
YAY I WOKE UP TODAY WITH A TERRIBLE HANGOVER BUT I REMEMBERED IT!!!

Cool! :w00t:

rockmeamadeus
09-02-2010, 05:47 AM
Hi guys! I know this thread is a bit old but I too forgot my waffles password. I know my username and the e-mail address I signed up with but I'm having trouble with the IRC server. I download mIRC and cannot figure out how to connect to the website for the life of me. I'm definitely not IRC savvy. If anyone has a direct e-mail to the website I could send or give me detailed instructions on how to connect to the IRC waffles server it would be EXTREMELY appreciated! I'm forever hopeless...

Hi guys! I know this thread is a bit old but I too forgot my waffles password. I know my username and the e-mail address I signed up with but I'm having trouble with the IRC server. I download mIRC and cannot figure out how to connect to the website for the life of me. I'm definitely not IRC savvy. If anyone has a direct e-mail to the website I could send or give me detailed instructions on how to connect to the IRC waffles server it would be EXTREMELY appreciated! I'm forever hopeless...

Okay, so I figured it out WOO! But I need a registered nickname and it costs twenty dollars to register one which I absolutely do not have. Is it possible to borrow someones registers nickname just to retrieve my pass? If yes I'd be happy give my first invite to them as a thank you once I gain enough points! Although, I think my best bet right now is an e-mail :\

ca_aok
09-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Registering is free, I have no idea what you're talking about.

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/398328-Anyone-else-have-Waffles-login-issues?p=3422912#post3422912

IdolEyes787
09-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Not to mention that is you know your username and email then you can just recover your password.

anon
09-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Yeah, just go to IRC, register your nickname by following ca_aok's post (that doesn't cost you money), join Waffles' help channel and a staff member will assist you in real time. :)

Not to mention that is you know your username and email then you can just recover your password.

I don't see any means to recover your password on Waffles - are you given a link when you enter a valid username but a bad password? :unsure:

rockmeamadeus
09-03-2010, 04:21 AM
Registering is free, I have no idea what you're talking about.

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/398328-Anyone-else-have-Waffles-login-issues?p=3422912#post3422912

AWESOME! Thank you for the responses. and I don't know... maybe it wanted to register with mIRC? Again, i'm totally unfamiliar. NOOB IS RIGHT! heh.... I'm going to try and follow the directions on the link. Hopefully I'll come back with a password!

rockmeamadeus
09-03-2010, 06:09 AM
YES! Took about two hours to figure it all out working on an old, hardly working PC and trying to correctly work my way around codes I'm not familiar with. Thank you all for your help! YOU ROCK!

anon
09-03-2010, 02:49 PM
maybe it wanted to register with mIRC?

Hah, registering your nick != registering mIRC. The latter does cost you money, since mIRC is shareware.

Glad to hear you got it sorted. :) More trackers should let you easily use a chat applet when your account is disabled (like What.cd does), that'd make things easier for those that aren't familiar with IRC.

bigdaddydude
09-04-2010, 12:30 AM

Recovering the password will do no good if you can't remember your username. You must have a lot of stuff in your head.

IRC may help if you give them as much details as possible. Next time, keep backups of your tracker database - I have multiple ones in the form of flashdrives and MicroSD cards.

Hey, thanks for the tip. I just wrote mine down on a piece of notebook paper. What size of flashdrives would you recommend?

Cabalo
09-04-2010, 04:26 AM

Hey, thanks for the tip. I just wrote mine down on a piece of notebook paper. What size of flashdrives would you recommend?
The smallest possible.
This one is cool:
http://www.rtpromotions.co.uk/images/products/gold-bar-flash-drive-1-1.jpg

A
09-04-2010, 04:59 AM
The smallest possible.
This one is cool:
http://www.rtpromotions.co.uk/images/products/gold-bar-flash-drive-1-1.jpg
hahaha

anon
09-04-2010, 04:37 PM
What size of flashdrives would you recommend?

My database is 16KB long. You could use floppies, for all I care. :unsure: And just for the record, I have a 8GB Kingston drive.

Nice find, Cabalo!

ca_aok
09-05-2010, 12:00 AM
I just use LastPass myself. I feel sad for all the traders and cheaters that have to keep track of a billion different usernames though :unsure:

pone44
09-05-2010, 12:19 AM
There is no recover password option,is there? Trying myself. Yes,of course I know my nick :P
IRC sucks. Is all I have to say.

Quarterquack
09-05-2010, 12:21 AM
I just use LastPass myself.

LastPass is for noobs. The true pros of our generation use KeePass.

anon
09-05-2010, 12:32 AM
The true pros of our generation use KeePass.

Yay, I'm a true pro of my generation!

Googled "password manager" when I felt storing my trackers' login data in a text file wasn't secure nor comfortable. KeePass was among the first results. Installed it, created my current database, and never bothered with any other similar programs.

ca_aok
09-05-2010, 01:12 AM
LastPass has more features, KeePass is arguably more secure. I'm not really that fussed about it.