PDA

View Full Version : The X

H2o_
04-26-2010, 12:54 PM
I have a question, maybe you fine people can answer.

Yesterday, i signup for The X, someone from the staff, invited me, and today i got banned.

I went to their interviews irc, and a friendly guy said...

"anyways... the real reason is because you were tagged as a trader/ cheat script creator ... and an all around person that could cause trouble.... so, i'm told :s"

What would you do ?
Forget about ?
Complain to the cops ?
Expose the fuck face who wrote this ?
Just forget about, since the x , is off no use for me.
Turn the other way, and i go play GtaIV or Forza 3 ?

And this is why global bans, are stupid.

anon
04-26-2010, 01:03 PM
"anyways... the real reason is because you were tagged as a trader/ cheat script creator ...

They must have mistaken you for someone else. :shifty:

megabyteme
04-26-2010, 01:05 PM
I really doubt it is worth spending any time on. I've never even heard of the site...

IdolEyes787
04-26-2010, 01:05 PM
... and an all around person that could cause trouble...."

Explain to me again how this part isn't true?

anon
04-26-2010, 01:10 PM
I've never even heard of the site...

But it's ScL reborn! :O

H2o_
04-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Hello IdolEyes

sam45
04-26-2010, 01:23 PM
nvm - I see this guy is disabled now

Cabalo
04-26-2010, 01:59 PM
TheX is the same as scenexpress.net as described here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-scenexpressnet-is-the-new-scl-v2-408019)?

megabyteme
04-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Thanks, Cabalo. I still wouldn't sweat it- just another site, imo.

Hi, H2o. :happy:

merwais
04-26-2010, 02:14 PM
The X

How about:
The F
The U
The C
The K
The ?
Huh ?

TheX security is low as shit, scanned their site and found over 19 security holes lol
They should really work on that, all their site is public and they call it a secure tracker by adding some bullshit SSL to http browsing.

ignore SSL, first fix the main security holes for bbcode / .torrent file / .php xss etc... then add SSL.

Adding SSL won't help you if you have bunch of security holes.

Review these 2 files fully and fix all shits, if you are not a coder, hire one:

1st: bittorrent.php
2nd: global.php

zonta
04-26-2010, 02:21 PM
The X

How about:
The F
The U
The C
The K
The ?
Huh ?

TheX security is low as shit, scanned their site and found over 19 security holes lol
They should really work on that, all their site is public and they call it a secure tracker by adding some bullshit SSL to http browsing.

ignore SSL, first fix the main security holes for bbcode / .torrent file / .php xss etc... then add SSL.

Adding SSL won't help you if you have bunch of security holes.

Review these 2 files fully and fix all shits, if you are not a coder, hire one:

1st: bittorrent.php
2nd: global.php

http://www.kill-them-all.com/kill-them-all.gif

anon
04-26-2010, 02:43 PM

Then send them the specific details so that they can plug them. Some random comment about having "found 19 security holes" isn't very helpful.

Ev0
04-26-2010, 03:19 PM
lol at there phpinfo.php for all to see

merwais
04-26-2010, 03:36 PM
LoL,even Ev0 found a file which shows all their server specs and which addons installed on their server :P

anon-sbi, i don't think they hired me to fix security holes and in this world no one is spending his time for free ;)

If you are good doing something, don't do it for free ;) it's my rule !

I already mentioned, their site is not secure, they should work harder and secure it.
some common security fixes can be found at tbdev.net

God Bless them ;)

Ev0
04-26-2010, 03:44 PM
I ran a vulnerability scan on there site and found a few things that made me LOL especially the phpinfo file

Also from what I remember of SCT there site was nearly all XHTML valid. Fuck knows what SEX (LOL) has done with that source but there are errors all over the place now.

Index.php = 68 errors
Browse.php = 32 errors
Forums.php = 68 errors
Staff.php = 50 errors
Userdetails.php = 131 errors

etc etc etc

IdolEyes787
04-26-2010, 03:53 PM
If you are good doing something, don't do it for free ;) it's my rule !

Probably explains why you aren't a gigolo then.

anon
04-26-2010, 05:17 PM
lol at there phpinfo.php for all to see

Now that's lame. :yup:

I was reminded of the would-be incarnation of PEG as a torrent site and all its security flaws.

cap87
04-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Hi h2o :happy:

t00z
04-26-2010, 08:11 PM
lol not even proper htaccess

gamesover
04-27-2010, 03:55 AM
I wonder if this will turn out any better than ScL :lol:

Funkin'
04-27-2010, 06:01 AM
I'm wondering if/when this tracker fails will the ScL staff start up a third 0day tracker.

-ss
04-27-2010, 10:11 AM
It has nothing to do with scenelife, it's just a different tracker with some of scl's staffers. It's not a reborn or something else. Just, let's see how it's going to fail. lol

Di@monds
04-27-2010, 12:05 PM
this is like dejavu when scl went online for a first time, but atleast scl had autoupper, unlike this one(full of secure holes, 0day without autoupper, all packs is p2p and taken from tl and forum is full of spammers who want a promotion)...but hey atleast they put some effors on trailer

Cabalo
04-27-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm wondering if/when this tracker fails will the ScL staff start up a third 0day tracker.
Let's see if there is money to pay both for the server and milk plus cookies.
Expect donations PMs and announcements soon.
The usual.

Hrusciov
04-27-2010, 03:36 PM
this is like dejavu when scl went online for a first time, but atleast scl had autoupper, unlike this one(full of secure holes, 0day without autoupper, all packs is p2p and taken from tl and forum is full of spammers who want a promotion)...but hey atleast they put some effors on trailer

:yup:

anon
04-27-2010, 06:27 PM

Hey, Funfile and ILT are two sites that do that and they've managed to stay afloat. It may be worth a try. :lol:

Cabalo
04-27-2010, 07:26 PM

Hey, Funfile and ILT are two sites that do that and they've managed to stay afloat. It may be worth a try. :lol:
But they don't want to look leet or secretive. The X. :unsure:

anon
04-27-2010, 07:28 PM
But they don't want to look leet or secretive.

Neither will this one if the donation bar doesn't move for long enough. :shifty:

Cabalo
04-27-2010, 07:33 PM
But they don't want to look leet or secretive.

Neither will this one if the donation bar doesn't move for long enough. :shifty:
:lol:
Let's see how overpriced was the server they bought, so they can count on expanding on it without switching to another machine.
I expect open signups in 5 or 6 weeks.

That1Guy
04-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Am I the only one that see's no point in bashing trackers. What point is there in pointing out all their faults? What did they do to you all.

It seems like any time a tracker opens the whole board decides its fun to flame them. It wasnt always like that here... Why all the hatred these days? If there are security flaws and I knew anything about coding I would either not say anything, or let the staff know.

I am by no means a fan boy of this new tracker. I have a buddy that is staffing there so I signed up to check it out. Seems ok, other than all the security flaws u guys are finding. They may fail, they may not. But this thread is kinda sad either way.

/stoned rant off

IdolEyes787
04-27-2010, 10:30 PM
I thought the same thing .
I don't know anything about this tracker but from what I see on here ( OK granted that doesn't count for much) they are only trying to create/maintain something they cared about .

Burnsy
04-27-2010, 10:51 PM
Am I the only one that see's no point in bashing trackers. What point is there in pointing out all their faults? What did they do to you all.

No you're not the only one at all... I signed up, had a look, and even though I doubt I'll be back, I certainly wouldn't dream of bashing the place

I don't see any problem in pointing out security issues, in a round about way it's almost 'tough love'... if the flaws still exist then the coders etc obviously don't know they are there... how else are they gonna be fixed?

I'm certainly not going to bash people for managing or attempting to manage something I am not capable of doing. Good luck to them and I hope things work out for them too :)

mrnobody
04-27-2010, 10:52 PM
deleted my ScL account ~2 (?) years ago. I haven't bothered signing up for X and i doubt i will. But gl to them. Hopefully they'll get the holes patched up.

That1Guy
04-27-2010, 11:03 PM
I don't see any problem in pointing out security issues, in a round about way it's almost 'tough love'... if the flaws still exist then the coders etc obviously don't know they are there... how else are they gonna be fixed?

Its not the pointing out the flaws that bother me. If these guys really cared they would ley staff know in more of a discrete way. And if you really insist on making it public then whatever.... But no one is trying to help anyone by pointing this shit out. Everyone is just laughing and dissing on them like a bunch of kids.

edit: /me grabs his grillen fork and chases down chinchi11as :P

PancakeWaffles
04-28-2010, 05:59 AM
Let me reply with a simple image.
http://i44.tinypic.com/1zx4htc.jpg

Burnsy
04-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Its not the pointing out the flaws that bother me. If these guys really cared they would ley staff know in more of a discrete way. And if you really insist on making it public then whatever.... But no one is trying to help anyone by pointing this shit out. Everyone is just laughing and dissing on them like a bunch of kids.

How long you been around on FST mate? :lol:

Please tell me you wouldn't expect any less..... and besides, someone MAY have mentioned it in a more discreet manner, but I do agree with your initial point about maybe being more constructive with how it's being said :)

Haters will always be haters, no matter what... I think all site staff have them and at the end of the day will just have to deal with it. Doesn't make it right, but there you go...

That1Guy
04-28-2010, 01:30 PM

How long you been around on FST mate? :lol:

Please tell me you wouldn't expect any less.....

Haters will always be haters, no matter what... I think all site staff have them and at the end of the day will just have to deal with it. Doesn't make it right, but there you go...

hehe, too long :P

Yeah I expect the flaming anymore, but like I said it wasnt always a flame fest. There was always some jackasses that flamed anything that popped up, but they were the minority. It just seems to be getting worse and worse as far as the negativity around here. I guess nothing stays the same and fst is just evolving. :shrug:

Disme
04-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Yeah I expect the flaming anymore, but like I said it wasnt always a flame fest. There was always some jackasses that flamed anything that popped up, but they were the minority. It just seems to be getting worse and worse as far as the negativity around here. I guess nothing stays the same and fst is just evolving. :shrug:

Some people tend to forget this place is free for anyone ... I always said the 'virtual' world is just like the real world:
The majority of the population is semi-retarded, if not completely!

shadowkahn
04-28-2010, 01:57 PM
x trascker u basteds wheres my email been waiting a week for a respone
is there a review of this tracker

pone44
04-28-2010, 01:59 PM
:huh:

anon
04-28-2010, 02:21 PM

You want to know how the tracker those "basteds" run looks like?

HuNt3R
04-28-2010, 04:32 PM
This is No where near to ScT LoL i saw many people comparing this to ScT .

No pretime found. (NEW!) - This is what you see on Pre time info under every Torrents that has been released. Lets see what they have to offer in future.

anon
04-28-2010, 04:40 PM

Comparing a newcomer with a dead tracker, way to go :P

IdolEyes787
04-28-2010, 04:56 PM

No pretime found. (NEW!) - This is what you see on Pre time info under every Torrents that has been released. Lets see what they have to offer in future.

Moran.

Quarterquack
04-28-2010, 06:27 PM

Comparing a newcomer with a dead tracker, way to go :P

Sharky did it first, and frankly I find it to be very rude. People are stating that the reincarnation of one dead tracker and the efforts of the staff put into that regard, should be a substitute for another dead tracker, when the latter's members have mostly become comfortable at SCC.

TONiC
04-29-2010, 09:22 AM

LOL Just accept you got denied? :noes:

Personally, SeX reminds me a lot of ScT (I was on ScT and I'm in SeX), probably due to the use of ScTBDEV but I think if SeX can get some decent axx on a good [top]site - one with lots of XViD and X264 releases, with minimum spam - then they certainly will fill a void.

PancakeWaffles
04-30-2010, 04:44 AM

Personally, SeX reminds me a lot of ScT (I was on ScT and I'm in SeX), probably due to the use of ScTBDEV but I think if SeX can get some decent axx on a good [top]site - one with lots of XViD and X264 releases, with minimum spam - then they certainly will fill a void.

Bleh XViD and X264 everything tracks that, needs more spam releases, and foreign releases are beast.

TONiC
04-30-2010, 05:07 PM

Bleh XViD and X264 everything tracks that, needs more spam releases, and foreign releases are beast.

You want to ruin the tracker? :P Jokes, I agree with you on the foreign releases (not enough trackers get them...), not so much on the spam. I guess I'm going off topic, but this kinda leads to what makes a great tracker, and I guess it's one which has everything!

A
04-30-2010, 05:31 PM
@that1guy:Its not about negativity.Its more like showing how stupid and lame some trackers enforce their rules and run the tracker.There was a thread about torrent Script and everyone appreciated such a tracker and was positive about it.When discussions about What.CD,HDbis.org etc pop up,no one bashes the tracker because people appreciate and respect the tracker for what it is(well most people anyways :P).The there are some other trackers which brings a smile to your face by just showing how stupid they can be.As idoleyes said Morans! :D

That1Guy
04-30-2010, 07:46 PM
@that1guy:Its not about negativity.Its more like showing how stupid and lame some trackers enforce their rules and run the tracker.

I lol'd
You can get your point across without insulting trackers.

(http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-constructive-criticism.htm)

A
04-30-2010, 08:47 PM
@that1guy:Its not about negativity.Its more like showing how stupid and lame some trackers enforce their rules and run the tracker.

I lol'd
You can get your point across without insulting trackers.

(http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-constructive-criticism.htm)
When lame rules which are tried and proved as lame are repeated again and again,it comes to the conclusion that the tracker dosent want to make a better system.

deadalive1
04-30-2010, 11:33 PM
It's funny how those who insult xyz's tracker rules are STILL members of xyz tracker. But then again not surprised by hypocritical people anymore........maybe they'll create a blog about it? oh wait.......