04-26-2010, 03:28 PM
i want to start a torrent site

what would be the stuffs i need to start a torrent site of my own

i am planning to make it an mp3 site

mp3 only

merwais
04-26-2010, 03:38 PM
ops, another one :)

starting a torrent site and u don't know what things needed ?

Good luck :P

anon
04-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Some already existing threads you may benefit from reading:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-create-tracker-281877
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-how-to-make-a-torrent-site-and-tracker-103399
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=231497

DATTER
04-26-2010, 05:16 PM
First of all, you need money.

cinephilia
04-26-2010, 05:24 PM
another desperate kid at loose ends.

ca_aok
04-26-2010, 05:28 PM
another desperate kid wanting invites to 1337 sites cause he's tracker staff.

Fixed.

cinephilia
04-26-2010, 05:32 PM
that's a valid point indeed.

cap87
04-26-2010, 05:41 PM
FST, always assuming the worst of its members :no:

But i can't blame you i guess.

IdolEyes787
04-26-2010, 05:46 PM

I assume the worst of you.

You know it used to be that some kid with few brains and too much time on his hands would just steal a car or something.
I miss the good old days.:(

Cabalo
04-26-2010, 05:48 PM

mp3 only
Whatever you do, don't do a site as insecure as scenexpress.

Aristocles
04-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Being old, out of the loop, having no idea what "stuffs" or "1337 sites" even mean, is indeed priceless ignorance.

cap87
04-26-2010, 05:57 PM

sorry to disappoint you, but i have nothing to hide :happy:

sake
04-26-2010, 06:11 PM
What about the anti-piracy organizations? :) I would never start a tracker even in Bulgaria : )

Good luck!

ExtraDry
04-26-2010, 06:53 PM
Don't do it,Unless you have
The brains to code or a good coder that you trust( As they are the ones who have the power)
Your going to need a source
You will need trusted syops,admin and mods
Plenty of time on your hands
Graphic person to do your style sheets
Peeps to do the FAQ,Rules
Peeps to right your Guides and How To's
And On and On we go,just saying it not easy
Money Server where to host it,needs to be in a safe zone
Members that want to join

Tv Controls you
04-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Don't do it,Unless you have
The brains to code or a good coder that you trust( As they are the ones who have the power)
Your going to need a source
You will need trusted syops,admin and mods
Plenty of time on your hands
Graphic person to do your style sheets
Peeps to do the FAQ,Rules
Peeps to right your Guides and How To's
And On and On we go,just saying it not easy
Money Server where to host it,needs to be in a safe zone
Members that want to join

Well said...

For mp3's gazelle what.cd's source is a great starting point.

http://www.topclonescripts.com/torrent/gazelle/

Slickerey
04-26-2010, 09:26 PM
For mp3's gazelle what.cd's source is a great starting point.

Gazelle is somewhat good, but the code is completely messy and is not XHTML valid.

I suggest you grab one of the older versions of TBDEV and start from there. If necessary, hire a good coder that is willing to fix every security hole in your tracker's source code. If you want that done for free, just go to Warez-BB and read a couple of ebooks on PHP. :)

Artemis
04-27-2010, 12:06 AM

You know it used to be that some kid with few brains and too much time on his hands would just steal a car or something.
I miss the good old days.:(

If you want an insurance job done on your car it's really not that wise to publish your plans on a public forum...the insurance industry has spies everywhere :unsure:

Slickerey
04-27-2010, 12:35 AM
The insurance companies can go spy somewhere else. There's nothing to see here at FST, or is there? :naughty:

gamesover
04-27-2010, 03:42 AM

mp3 only

First you need to get over the first obstacle, which is finding a good coder. Talented coders who really know what they are doing, are willing to put in the endless hours it takes to code up the tracker and keep fixing all the bugs & security leaks, who don't care if there's no money for all the work they put in, and are not afraid of going to jail when the tracker gets raided. So good luck finding any coder like that, because believe me they are not exactly easy to find.

Or you could just scratch together a little code and but it will look every other tracker that gets its scripts straight from the tbdev forums. It will be a simple hack job for any script kiddie or disabled member who wants to take it down. Don't forget to find a good designer, otherwise it will all look cheap like so many other trackers that look they were drawn up by a kindergartner.

Oh and getting your users, if you get many who don't just sign up out of curiosity and leave right away after they see what they signed up for, to donate so you can keep up all the server costs is a monthly struggle. Most of them will be collectors of dozens of other trackers, and the reason they got into filesharing is because they don't want to spend money on DVDs, games, and cds. Or a lot of them are from developing countries, and can barely afford the basics, which doesn't leave them much money to support anyone's ambition to be a tracker owner. Building a tracker isn't supposed to be a hobby. Leave it to the pros, unless you like wasting a lot of time.

And starting an mp3 tracker is the absolute worst idea for a tracker right now, with what.cd and waffles dominating the game, and plenty of copycats trying to catch up. Your only chance is to start a niche tracker or think of some kind of gimmick to set yourself apart. That by itself takes a lot of creativity and inspiration.