PDA

View Full Version : how to install windows 7

jibblet
04-27-2010, 10:48 AM
A really simple question; How would you do a clean install of Windows 7. I have Vista and I hate it, but I am not sure how to do anything but an upgrade.

buidanhthuy
04-27-2010, 10:57 AM
A really simple question; How would you do a clean install of Windows 7. I have Vista and I hate it, but I am not sure how to do anything but an upgrade.

I use my W7 DVD, boot from DVD, just format old partition then install W7 :)

jibblet
04-27-2010, 11:09 AM
"I use my W7 DVD, boot from DVD, just format old partition then install W7"

If I format, does that not delete all my files/folders. Or is there a way of simply formatting all the Windows files?

buidanhthuy
04-27-2010, 03:34 PM
If you install Windows on C:\ partition and you format it, ALL data in there will be lost. That means, your file and folder on C:\partition is deleted.

Xsonvet
04-27-2010, 05:56 PM
ok.
1.i u have iso u need demon tools
2.if its CD u need or boot or regular..
3.intall all waiting and in the install is ask u Q like Language and more so just choose.
4.after all the install u need active the win.. with and i have but i cant say the name.
5 done u have win 7

Skiz
04-27-2010, 07:43 PM
There are literally hundreds of YouTube videos which offer great walk throughs. This one looks as good as any of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tauiGKUQHNM&feature=related

jibblet
04-28-2010, 07:55 AM
Many thanks, the info is much appreciated.

TBDown
04-28-2010, 03:28 PM
the upgrade Is Good but the seven format Directly Is always better for your
PC performance
boot From DVD or convert the iso to usb bootable by one of the new tools(iso boot to usb)there is one from Microsoft

Appzalien
05-04-2010, 03:56 AM
I always recommend buying a new drive and keeping the old one intact for a while as a slave drive. That way you get a clean install of 7 on the new drive, and all your data including favorites and odd stuff will still be available. You would still have to reinstall all your programs but the config files and settings would still be copyable back over since Vista and 7 are sisters. Drives are fairly cheap these days and even if you have a laptop, if your not afaid to go inside, the old drive can be put into a usb external case. I hate to play around and lose my data, and with 1000gig drives under $100, what the hey!

Tv Controls you
05-06-2010, 01:42 AM
When their is vista or norton antivirus installed on any computer I'm upgrading I make sure to go the extra step...

First I downloaded this and burn it to a cd
http://killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm

With this program it sets every value to a zero, completley reformating your harddrive.
Just to make sure their is not one trace of vista or norten lol....

Then i pop in the windows 7 install disk and follow the installation menus that appear.

doctrine9128
05-06-2010, 02:32 AM
Norton+Vista Combo is one of my favorite. I see no reason for you to "upgrade" to 7, and contrary to what Tv controls you said, killdisk is not truely neccessary to install your windows 7. Be cautions because with certain windows 7 installs, it requires a full format, loss of all your data. You could just use the windows 7 format in the setup and save time compared to using the program "killdisk"

Tv Controls you
05-06-2010, 02:48 AM
Norton+Vista Combo is one of my favorite. I see no reason for you to "upgrade" to 7, and contrary to what Tv controls you said, killdisk is not truely neccessary to install your windows 7. Be cautions because with certain windows 7 installs, it requires a full format, loss of all your data. You could just use the windows 7 format in the setup and save time compared to using the program "killdisk"

Well actually I prefer a killdisk that is a combo disk from 1998 with a 1990's version of norton ghost.

buidanhthuy
05-06-2010, 06:35 AM
There're another way to install Windows 7 by boot from USB device. IMO, it installs faster than install from ODD.

doctrine9128
05-06-2010, 11:54 AM
I think its much more difficult to install from a flash drive, especially for a computer user that is not tech savvy.

buidanhthuy
05-06-2010, 06:28 PM
If you have UltraIso, everything'll be easier :D

MaximA
05-13-2010, 11:12 AM
No deference between installing WinVista and Win7

Didn't you install WinVist before !!?

pone44
05-21-2010, 05:36 PM
What is this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tauiGKUQHNM&feature=player_embedded

sharemore
05-21-2010, 07:34 PM
I still use Win XP.
Simple and fast.

Skiz
05-21-2010, 07:53 PM
I still use Win XP.
Simple and fast.

What does that have to do with anything in this thread? :blink:

Expeto
05-21-2010, 08:09 PM
I still use Win XP.
Simple and fast.

listen to this wise man and change your ways you infidels! or bill gates will own your souls (part2.3 of Win7 EULA clearly states "By using this software, you agree to forfeit your own soul" )

For more info; http://en.windows7sins.org/

Skiz
05-21-2010, 08:29 PM
I still use Win XP.
Simple and fast.

listen to this wise man and change your ways you infidels! or bill gates will own your souls (part2.3 of Win7 EULA clearly states "By using this software, you agree to forfeit your own soul" )

For more info; http://en.windows7sins.org/

Souls are fake, made-up nonsense, so, nothing lost.

Tv Controls you
05-21-2010, 09:25 PM

When bill gates steals your soul.. remember we warned you.
That snake tried to steal my money, needless to say he didn't succeed.

http://z.about.com/d/webclipart/1/0/X/S/1/6snake.gif

nation
05-22-2010, 03:38 PM
ok.
1.i u have iso u need demon tools
2.if its CD u need or boot or regular..
3.intall all waiting and in the install is ask u Q like Language and more so just choose.
4.after all the install u need active the win.. with and i have but i cant say the name.
5 done u have win 7

yes, you will follow exactly same procedure for installing win 7

tesco
05-22-2010, 04:16 PM
When their is vista or norton antivirus installed on any computer I'm upgrading I make sure to go the extra step...

First I downloaded this and burn it to a cd
http://killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm

With this program it sets every value to a zero, completley reformating your harddrive.
Just to make sure their is not one trace of vista or norten lol....

Then i pop in the windows 7 install disk and follow the installation menus that appear.That's useless from a software perspective.
A regular format would do just the same.

Both options will erase all data on your C drive. You will need to backup whatever you want to keep before formatting (clean install), otherwise your only option is to do an "upgrade".

asad
05-22-2010, 06:34 PM
I use my W7 DVD, boot from DVD, just format old partition then install W7

Skiz
05-22-2010, 07:00 PM

When bill gates steals your soul.. remember we warned you.
That snake tried to steal my money, needless to say he didn't succeed.

I refer you to my previous post.