PDA

View Full Version : Phenom X6 (Hexacores)

apextwin146
04-28-2010, 08:24 AM
Didnt see a thread for this so here it is now.
The reviews are out , but there is a degree of variance in the benchmark scores as reported by the different reviewers.
Intel still wins hand down in terms of raw processsing power but the hexacores score in the price department.

With intel releasing a new processor and a socket design side by side i am still unsure of going with intel.
What do you guys think?

Rart
04-28-2010, 11:10 PM
As far as I can see from checking out a couple sites, the Thubans seem to shine better in CPU intensive apps that can take advantage of multiple threads, but for gaming doesn't seem to quite keep up with the i5/i7 line that Intel has.

From a value standpoint it's a great buy (especially the lower 1055T) if you're not into gaming, but otherwise the i5 seems to perform better in most games at the same pricepoint. Then again, for the most part at this point the GPU is the bottleneck, so the CPU wouldn't make a huge difference.

There was also a certain deal at TigerDirect (w/ rebate and Bing Cashback) that brought the 1055T down to $125, which would've been a GREAT buy, but seeing as it quickly sold out, it's doubtful that deal will still remain when they restock.

apextwin146
05-03-2010, 10:07 AM
From one of the new reivews that i read it clearly states that Hexacores have a better performace wrt applications etc.Core i7 still beats them from a gaming perspective. But the main point is if some one is in market for a new PC (from scratch no upgrade) they can easily save upto $100 going for a AMD based system basically cuz that 890gx motherboards are cheaper too.

Rart
05-04-2010, 01:08 AM
The i5's can still outperform that X6's in the majority of games at the same pricepoint.

db_la_23
05-04-2010, 01:30 AM
Intel for me any day