PDA

View Full Version : Boy Scouts Give Up Entirely, Offer Video Game Badge

Darth Sushi
04-28-2010, 01:23 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2010/04/video_games_pin.jpgBoy Scouts Give Up Entirely, Offer Video Game Badge
By Mark Wilson, Apr 28, 2010 09:00 AM

" Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

From scouting.org:

Requirements

Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.

Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:

1. Explain why it is important to have a rating system for video games. Check your video games to be sure they are right for your age.
2. With an adult, create a schedule for you to do things that includes your chores, homework, and video gaming. Do your best to follow this schedule.
3. Learn to play a new video game that is approved by your parent, guardian, or teacher.

Academics Pin
Earn the Video Games belt loop and complete five of the following requirements:

1. With your parents, create a plan to buy a video game that is right for your age group.
2. Compare two game systems (for example, Microsoft Xbox, Sony PlayStation, Nintendo Wii, and so on). Explain some of the differences between the two. List good reasons to purchase or use a game system.
3. Play a video game with family members in a family tournament.
4. Teach an adult or a friend how to play a video game.
5. List at least five tips that would help someone who was learning how to play your favorite video game.
6. Play an appropriate video game with a friend for one hour.
7. Play a video game that will help you practice your math, spelling, or another skill that helps you in your schoolwork.
8. Choose a game you might like to purchase. Compare the price for this game at three different stores. Decide which store has the best deal. In your decision, be sure to consider things like the store return policy and manufacturer's warranty.
9. With an adult's supervision, install a gaming system.

Oh scouts, you're in a lose-lose here, but for the inevitable day when playing video games requires real-life survival skills, you'll be right back on top. [Scouts via GameIndustry via Engadget] "

:source: Source: http://gizmodo.com/5526230/boy-scouts-give-up-entirely-offer-video-game-badge

bobbintb
04-28-2010, 02:39 PM
WTF?!

for serious?.... :/

mr. nails
04-28-2010, 10:13 PM
this is BS! i want my badges (that's right.. plural!) and i want my badges now!!!

Sporkk
04-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Why would the scouts care about video games? They should be trying to keep kids away from the tv and not encouraging them.

Darth Sushi
04-29-2010, 08:08 AM
Why would the scouts care about video games? They should be trying to keep kids away from the tv and not encouraging them.
Membership is down. Plus they have to pay for the sexual abuse cases they lost recently.

killuminati96
04-29-2010, 03:46 PM
stupid shit

xuxoxux
04-29-2010, 09:08 PM
The scouts are really hitting rock bottom. This is just pathetic, considering what their goal is (to create a god loving man that will properly support his country with all hes got). Oh well, when money is low, turn to video games, ahahahahaha.

IdolEyes787
04-29-2010, 09:35 PM

Membership is down. Plus they have to pay for the sexual abuse cases they lost recently.

They are obviously doing it because it then makes it easier for the Scoutmaster to lure kids over to their place.

"Hey Timmy want to come over and play God of War 3? There's a badge in it for you".

l33tpirata13
04-30-2010, 07:22 PM
They forgot one requirement,

You must play with cheeto and pizza grease all over your controller for at least 3 hours and properly clean it with a q-tip.

i feel fatter just having heard the news.

Seedler
05-01-2010, 08:57 PM
God damn why couldn't I have been born ten years later X_X

Barbarossa
05-04-2010, 08:50 AM
or not at all... :eyebrows: