PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P FTN or not?

Pages : [1] 2

salahnasser
04-29-2010, 05:43 AM
Latest news from FTN

what do u think? :(

We're still working on a solution.. but just in case..

Hey guys,

I'm really not sure how to go about this, but I'm going to try my best. As you might have noticed, we took down the donation page about a week or so ago. Truth is, we've lost access to the paypal account and haven't been able to get another functioning account working due to PayPal policy and whatnot. I won't go into details, but basically we have no way to pay our bills, even if we had the funds to do so.

As you can probably see where I'm going with this.. FTN will be going down tomorrow. It's not easy for me to be saying this, and I know a lot of you are going to be unhappy with the news, but there's really not a whole lot we can do at this point. We've had an amazing 4 years, but I'm sure we can all agree that nothing lasts forever.

It's truly been a pleasure providing this site for you guys, and I believe I speak for all staff when I say that you guys have made this place more than just a hobby for us. I'm not sure what the future holds for the torrent scene, but I'm proud to know that we were able to contribute.

Take care guys, and thanks again for everything.

~Brandon

solarbladeII
04-29-2010, 05:54 AM
Grab money from donations and close site. Just like every other tracker. Just another bit of drama in bt world.

civeta
04-29-2010, 05:54 AM
i don't see why they would lie about it. it sucks since FTN was my mainspot, but like they said nothing lasts forever.

i hope the figure something out, if not, it was a GREAT run.

t00z
04-29-2010, 06:02 AM
Most people even somewhat involved in running a tracker at some point know how gay paypal is... They freeze you when they can get the most profit of it.

Could be FTN lameness as well though. Either way, sad to see this site go. It seems that quite some proper sites are shutting down, but the ones coming back for them suck bigtime.

megabyteme
04-29-2010, 06:08 AM
From abou1t an hour ago...

Update: We believe we've managed to sort something last minute, however we'll still need funding for this next month since our previous funds are frozen. I'll update you guys further on this tomorrow, but it looks like we might just pull through this. Thanks for your support

Personally, I see no reason to doubt Brandon or FTN. Paypal is a bad choice. !The only time I use it is when sites offer no other option for donations.

Perhaps this will result in FTN and other sites finding a more trustworthy option.

Heroo
04-29-2010, 06:09 AM
By by ftn lol

Radon0r
04-29-2010, 06:15 AM
They'll get the donations they need easily.

Funkin'
04-29-2010, 06:15 AM

Wow, he must have just posted that since it wasn't there a couple minutes ago.

But this is good news. It was a little hard to believe that he would let the site die just because the lost of a paypal account.

Radon0r
04-29-2010, 06:17 AM
It was a little hard to believe that he would let the site die just because the lost of a paypal account.

My thoughts also. Didn't PTM have a similar situation last year? They got through it.

sake
04-29-2010, 06:19 AM
I didn`t understand what was the problem with the donations? With the site?
What are going to do the traders without FtN? :)

QPD
04-29-2010, 06:32 AM
I do not understand completely why Brandon cannot pay...I am sure money is and will not be a problem...

It will be a sad day when FTN goes down...As being romanian,FTN was my last stand...

But life goes on.

kurdt
04-29-2010, 06:40 AM
Update: We believe we've managed to sort something last minute, however we'll still need funding for this next month since our previous funds are frozen. I'll update you guys further on this tomorrow, but it looks like we might just pull through this. Thanks for your support

new update on the front page

sake
04-29-2010, 06:48 AM

new update on the front page

Good news! :fst:

QPD
04-29-2010, 06:50 AM
damn....all the users online are watching this thread..

wltan
04-29-2010, 07:01 AM
wish ftn good luck

pretend
04-29-2010, 07:16 AM
As being romanian,FTN was my last stand...
:ermm: How that works together?

dvdasacd
04-29-2010, 07:37 AM
Brandon (if you're reading), if you haven't yet opened a new pp account successfully, just speak to other staffers, there IS a way to do anonymous paypal, it's tricky but it's possible. PM me if you want some info, I myself have worked it out successfully. Wouldn't be surprised if others have already contacted you with the info you need to get a (new) paypal (account) working again, if you haven't already done so.

Disme
04-29-2010, 07:42 AM
Update: We believe we've managed to sort something last minute, however we'll still need funding for this next month since our previous funds are frozen. I'll update you guys further on this tomorrow, but it looks like we might just pull through this. Thanks for your supportnew update on the front page

Glad to see you took the time to read other posts :blink:

worthlessone
04-29-2010, 07:46 AM
Brandon (if you're reading), if you haven't yet opened a new pp account successfully, just speak to other staffers, there IS a way to do anonymous paypal, it's tricky but it's possible. PM me if you want some info, I myself have worked it out successfully. Wouldn't be surprised if others have already contacted you with the info you need to get a (new) paypal (account) working again, if you haven't already done so.

Let it die prick.Brandon and FTN scam of torrent world.

niceguy4
04-29-2010, 07:52 AM
To be honest with you.. the last couple years at FTN... It seems like the interest level by the staff has been falling. Personally, I probably would have given up a long time ago. To my knowledge this is the 2nd time that the donation level has been a problem in the last 6 months. I'm guessing Brandon might be looking for a reason to leave FTN but in his heart he can't.

<3 FTN Forever. Thank you Brandon. Thank you community.

salahnasser
04-29-2010, 08:47 AM
To be honest with you.. the last couple years at FTN... It seems like the interest level by the staff has been falling. Personally, I probably would have given up a long time ago. To my knowledge this is the 2nd time that the donation level has been a problem in the last 6 months. I'm guessing Brandon might be looking for a reason to leave FTN but in his heart he can't.

He can step down and give his place to someone else if he want to leave FTN not shut down the whole tracker

Di@monds
04-29-2010, 09:00 AM
ahh FTN begging money again, been there seen that

PancakeWaffles
04-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Well since I am not a member, FUCK EM!

Hrusciov
04-29-2010, 09:11 AM

:yup:

Well since I am not a member, FUCK EM!

DAMN! That was useful info.

Btw, nice sig. : "O and if anyone has FTN invite and just don't know what to do with it give it to me "

TONiC
04-29-2010, 09:18 AM
Well I guess crisis averted... I'm surprised Brandon didn't have a backup plan in the case of this happening. It's known PP don't like BT sites, so I don't see why he didn't transfer excess funds to an account with an alternative provider.

Quarterquack
04-29-2010, 10:18 AM
Well, it would be a sad day if/when it happens. I was already asking myself where all those users would go.

niceguy4
04-29-2010, 10:23 AM

He can step down and give his place to someone else if he want to leave FTN not shut down the whole tracker

This is Brandon we are talking about... What other top 10 torrent tracker has their admin name them self by their real name??!?!??!

You are wrong, he can not just step down and hand it over to some other staff member.. (when has this step ever been successful in the 'warez' scene)... sorry for the old school reference, but it just doesn't happen this way anymore.

Brandon is legit. He runs the shows. When Brandon decides to stop, FTN dies and all the real hopes of a torrent community like this while go down the drain (unless the community steps up like what happened after Oink)

P.S. I was here before 90% of you. If you don't have a 9600 modem... then just STFU.. and GTFO! Thank you :)

Glitterstep
04-29-2010, 10:23 AM
They received 300% donations last month.FTN gave out invites to members donating more than 10 Euros,and now the site's going down.

worthlessone
04-29-2010, 10:34 AM

This is Brandon we are talking about... What other top 10 torrent tracker has their admin name them self by their real name??!?!??!

You are wrong, he can not just step down and hand it over to some other staff member.. (when has this step ever been successful in the 'warez' scene)... sorry for the old school reference, but it just doesn't happen this way anymore.

Brandon is legit. He runs the shows. When Brandon decides to stop, FTN dies and all the real hopes of a torrent community like this while go down the drain (unless the community steps up like what happened after Oink)

P.S. I was here before 90% of you. If you don't have a 9600 modem... then just STFU.. and GTFO! Thank you :)

You STFU asshole :yup:
Brandon is legit? LOL your post made my day thanks

anon
04-29-2010, 10:35 AM
What are going to do the traders without FtN? :)

There are plenty of other rare sites... it isn't over yet!

niceguy4
04-29-2010, 10:39 AM

Your join date made my day... thank you for being sooo awesome!
If you've join 2009, you can't vote for FTN...

Quarterquack
04-29-2010, 10:41 AM

:lol:

As much as I hate agreeing with you, simply because you put it harshly, you're right.

niceguy4
04-29-2010, 10:55 AM
<3 Ringhunter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For
Eve
errrrrrrrrrrr!

(name that quote)

antrax34130
04-29-2010, 11:06 AM
ahahha like sct ..

megabyteme
04-29-2010, 11:14 AM
This is nothing like ScT.

Yes, there was a push for donations last month, but that could be the reason why paypal decided to look into the account.

There are less than 5000 members on the site. That means that the server costs are relatively small. The 300% (3X) that small amount may have brought in a couple thousand dollars- hardly enough to close a site that has been built and staffed for the past 4 years...

This is a short-term problem that Brandon believes he has already solved.

worthlessone
04-29-2010, 11:20 AM

If you've join 2009, you can't vote for FTN...

LoL if registering in 2007 feels you more important go ahead cunt..
Stop crying for FTN :cry:

antrax34130
04-29-2010, 11:38 AM
next rip? last f, hdbits, ttc

and like sct because $$$$$

megabyteme
04-29-2010, 11:47 AM
next rip? last f

and like sct because $$$$$

Obviously, you have no idea how much work goes into a site- yet alone, a well respected and thriving one.

$2000-$3000 may seem like a lot of money to you, but most of us wouldn't "scheme" for 4 years to get that much. :rolleyes:

b3owulf
04-29-2010, 11:48 AM
As being romanian,FTN was my last stand...
:ermm: How that works together?
Simple, FTN is of the few top-notch Scene trackers that DIDN'T ban Romania.

And what about topic: Losing PP acc isn't the best thing might happen.

Cabalo
04-29-2010, 11:50 AM
I hope it won't close, mostly because it's one of the last long standing references in bt.
Besides, it would be a bitch because then we would have here all the "FTN refugees" thread here, saying they were elite and should be invited to other elite trackers. That kinda makes me puke.
If Brandon closes the tracker, then the IRC will be just like as it happened with sct, everyone trading. And then, only then, he will see the amount of scum which joined his tracker.

About paypal, there must be a safer solution, just like someone pointed out.

Just hoping they pull this one through, it would be absolutely shitty to see such a site go down due to technicalities.

mrnobody
04-29-2010, 12:16 PM
each time i login in FTN, i see a donation seeking news. I know i'm getting shit for free via FTN but i still find it semi-annoying.

Tv Controls you
04-29-2010, 12:20 PM
The real question is how many fake ftn members will request an invite once it shuts down.

cinephilia
04-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Well, it would be a sad day if/when it happens. I was already asking myself where all those users would go.
in one of the numerous 0day trackers that are still alive ? :rolleyes:

each time i login in FTN, i see a donation seeking news. I know i'm getting shit for free via FTN but i still find it semi-annoying.
i couln't agree more.

megabyteme
04-29-2010, 12:35 PM
i couln't agree more.

I just read all of the News items since the first of the year. It seems like Brandon has had some money concerns. I know when my wife and I have a tight month, money gets brought up more often than when we have a windfall.

Most of the posts were either thanking people for donating, or were in reference to "controversies" surrounding invites as rewards for doing so.

Only one (maybe two) were efforts to request money.

All-in-all, EVERYTHING indicates to me that serious efforts have been made to keep the site going.

QPD
04-29-2010, 12:36 PM
I hope it won't close, mostly because it's one of the last long standing references in bt.
Besides, it would be a bitch because then we would have here all the "FTN refugees" thread here, saying they were elite and should be invited to other elite trackers. That kinda makes me puke.
If Brandon closes the tracker, then the IRC will be just like as it happened with sct, everyone trading. And then, only then, he will see the amount of scum which joined his tracker.

About paypal, there must be a safer solution, just like someone pointed out.

Just hoping they pull this one through, it would be absolutely shitty to see such a site go down due to technicalities.

:yup:

worthlessone
04-29-2010, 01:58 PM
i cant believe how you ppl still love and trust brandon..he is stiff

Burnsy
04-29-2010, 02:00 PM

Kinky Brandon...

puckface
04-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Boy Ill miss those 42 annoying announcements a week on the front page. Bummer

The real question is how many fake ftn members will request an invite once it shuts down.

Also, not like FTN is some big loss, like SCT supposedly was. Just another 0 day tracker.

mindlock
04-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Damn, don't close down now....I've been trying to get on there for a year and no luck.....maybe somebody will give me an invite to enjoy the last week of the site...lol....

megabyteme
04-29-2010, 02:08 PM

That's 16 in 16 weeks since the New Year...some have updates that coincide to the previous post.

If you don't like the News, set your link to the "browse", or "forums" page. :rolleyes:

puckface
04-29-2010, 02:10 PM

That's 16 in 16 weeks since the New Year...some have updates that coincide to the previous post.

If you don't like the News, set your link to the "browse", or "forums" page. :rolleyes:

Man, sarcasm just doesnt go anywhere in this place anymore. You people need to lighten the fuck up.

megabyteme
04-29-2010, 02:14 PM

Man, sarcasm just doesnt go anywhere in this place anymore. You people need to lighten the fuck up.

If you were making a joke, cool. I'm just trying to balance out some of the negativity being thrown in the direction of FTN.

puckface
04-29-2010, 02:18 PM

If you were making a joke, cool. I'm just trying to balance out some of the negativity being thrown in the direction of FTN.

Yes, because there are literally 42 messages a week.

Talkaboutfiles
04-29-2010, 02:30 PM
People that traded for an invite are going to be so pissed lol

cinephilia
04-29-2010, 02:33 PM
People that traded for an invite are going to be so pissed lol
not as much as people that paid to get in :rolleyes:

Jungleboy
04-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Well, that's the risk you take when you do that kind of thing

robisoare
04-29-2010, 02:44 PM
if it closes i feel bad for those who had an account there

Quarterquack
04-29-2010, 02:46 PM

Nah, you misunderstood me. Cabalo nailed it. All the (sillier) FTN members won't be looking for just any 0day tracker.

Cabalo
04-29-2010, 02:55 PM
if it closes i feel bad for those who had an account there
I have an account there, and you don't have to feel bad for me. I think I will manage to survive it.
Thanks for the support though, but I will have to keep on living carpe diem.

elbuitre
04-29-2010, 02:58 PM
I fail at seeing how a site with the same content (presumably) as many other sites would be a big loss to be honest.

Burnsy
04-29-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm hoping it doesn't go down, for a couple of reasons really... but in the unfortunate event that it does, I can't really see any members on there having FTN as their ONLY tracker. Surely enough well known sites have gone down in the last few months for people to realise and have some other 'back-up' tracker (for want of a better phrase)

antrax34130
04-29-2010, 03:14 PM
On forum about paypal problem:

Due to the amount of fraudulent transactions last month, paypal decided to flag our account and found it to be nonlegit. They're not exactly willing to work with us on the situation. Just because I made the news post the day b4 we were issued cancellation doesn't mean we gave up that day. We've been trying to sort this for a while now

cinephilia
04-29-2010, 03:21 PM

Nah, you misunderstood me. Cabalo nailed it. All the (sillier) FTN members won't be looking for just any 0day tracker.
got it now - i'm not used to sarcasm coming from you :happy:

1000possibleclaws
04-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Wasn't expecting this bullshit from FTN. One month without a paypal account, and no one from staff will step in and use their personal paypal, or bank account, or whatever, not even to temporarily lend funds. Sucks for me that pretty much my last 0day site's existence is so shaky. :/

Am glad they did work something out with their hosting company, and I guess a normal person might jump the gun and post some news upon such a shock. But it seems unprofessional.

tippertime
04-29-2010, 03:29 PM
aren't there any other services that do the same thing as paypal? I am sure there are more then a few knock-offs?

HypnoToad
04-29-2010, 03:37 PM
No alternatives are as widely accepted by isps as PayPal...

ruslan4ik
04-29-2010, 04:15 PM
FTN suks it muzdie foreva!

Hombre
04-29-2010, 04:18 PM
lol. so many frustrated traders complaining abt nothing. is funny.

ruslan4ik
04-29-2010, 04:21 PM

You trader? I not trader man!

Hombre
04-29-2010, 04:23 PM
of course you are. dont pretend you are not.

Cabalo
04-29-2010, 04:23 PM

Yes you are, but you are a dupe.

Heck, 3 dupes caught in a minute. Heavytrader, curly wurly and wantedfilesuse.

ruslan4ik
04-29-2010, 04:27 PM

I not like this a place FTN but I not trader, you scum!

Cabalo
04-29-2010, 04:29 PM

LOL.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-how-many-tracker-u-have-368103-post3288575

Burnsy
04-29-2010, 04:32 PM
LOL.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-how-many-tracker-u-have-368103-post3288575

Hombre
04-29-2010, 04:34 PM
http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/%7Epoobah/pwned.jpg

ruslan4ik
04-29-2010, 04:36 PM
You see I trade there? Go buy glasses!

Cabalo
04-29-2010, 04:37 PM
You see I trade there? Go buy glasses!
Ah, now I understand. Just because you don't trade here, that doesn't make you a trader.
How dumb of me. :rolleyes:

ruslan4ik
04-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Indeed. I never trade because trade is bad!

anon
04-29-2010, 04:43 PM
I never trade because trade is bad!

:sleep:...

IdolEyes787
04-29-2010, 04:58 PM

So is lying but that doesn't seem to stop you.:ermm:

ruslan4ik
04-29-2010, 05:00 PM

So is lying but that doesn't seem to stop you.:ermm:

Why lying? You trade with I am? Prove it!

Quarterquack
04-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Why lying? You trade with I am? Prove it!

Are you actually that retarded, or are you just trolling?

IdolEyes787
04-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Yes I am that retarded and yes I am trolling .

Oh you weren't talking to me.

ruslan4ik
04-29-2010, 05:10 PM
You think all you want to me but I have all hi levels trakers you not has! My friends invite I am everywere free!

Quarterquack
04-29-2010, 05:12 PM
You think all you want to me but I have all hi levels trakers you not has! My trader friends invite I am everywere free!

Put in the one word you left out, bro. No need to thank me.

Aristocles
04-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Aristocles channels rusian4ik:

"Are you actually that retarded, or are you just trolling?"

The question first tough is, I try answer. Hm, Hm, Hm, yes. But only mildly! Trolling? Me not sure does family being troglodytes count? :)

ruslan4ik
04-29-2010, 05:18 PM
You think all you want to me but I have all hi levels trakers you not has! My friends invite I am everywere free!

Put in the one word you left out, bro. No need to thank I'm trader .

Enjoy m8! You trader I know. Tell me what your other nick (bot) to trade here in trading thread! I do report and you be baned on trakers!

IdolEyes787
04-29-2010, 05:19 PM

lol personally I'm satisfied with just being on good ones.

Btw I'm not buying that this is for real.No one is that stupid.

ruslan4ik
04-29-2010, 05:26 PM

lol personally I'm satisfied with just being on good ones.

You not buy because you haven't money. If you have money you buy because you want to register on trakers. It simply!

DATTER
04-29-2010, 05:29 PM
ruslan4ik yóo english is da best mate!

IdolEyes787
04-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Btw I'm not buying that this is for real.

You not buy because you haven't money. If you have money you buy because you want to register on trakers. It simply!

Point proven.

Cabalo
04-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Pure comedy! :lol:

ruslan4ik
04-29-2010, 05:32 PM
ruslan4ik yóo english is da best mate!

Yes thx I have fluent english learn in english skool in Ufa

Hombre
04-29-2010, 05:35 PM
if i have money i can enter trackers like u did? ftn, fsc, uk-t, ftwr ?
how much u spent ?

ruslan4ik
04-29-2010, 05:36 PM
if i have money i can enter trackers like u did? ftn, fsc, uk-t, ftwr ?
how much u spent ?

I invited free because stuf is da best my friends!

IdolEyes787
04-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Like two deaf guys shouting "What?" "WHAT? " at each other isn't it.

Burnsy
04-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Like two deaf guys shouting "What?" "WHAT? " at each other isn't it.

Mildly entertaining though :)

puckface
04-29-2010, 05:56 PM

You sir underestimate stupidity.

anon
04-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Yes thx I have fluent english learn in english skool in Ufa

Thanks so much for the laughs... :thumbsup:

worthlessone
04-29-2010, 06:35 PM
Guys case is FNT in here

niceguy4
04-29-2010, 06:50 PM

My registration date makes me feel great! Thank you!:w00t:

Besides that, I was simply stating a fact. I love FTN, but from all the news that I've read from the past couple years(forum threads, and chats on irc), it just seems like Brandon is tired of running FTN. I could be wrong, but it just seems that way. I don't blame him, it's completely understandable. These type of sites require work! Try running a project that people "depend" on for 3-4+ years

Magnum
04-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Let's just wait and see how things work out.

Aristocles
04-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Sidetrack warning:

Regarding FTN, I am simply unclear about it. I searched the review section here but soon tired and figured that being quite lazy, I could get a 'spoon feeding' of its content and appeal, assuming that that is not a 'tautology'. . . ;)

cinephilia
04-29-2010, 07:29 PM

My registration date makes me feel great! Thank you!:w00t:

Besides that, I was simply stating a fact. I love FTN, but from all the news that I've read from the past couple years(forum threads, and chats on irc), it just seems like Brandon is tired of running FTN. I could be wrong, but it just seems that way. I don't blame him, it's completely understandable. These type of sites require work! Try running a project that people "depend" on for 3-4+ years
looks like he's never 'tired' for donations though :rolleyes:

Enlightened
04-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Think Mr.B, won't go down without a Fight, But looks like FTN, has dodge another bullet, as long as they straightened out their Donation Account, somehow.I am rooting for them, long live FTN..

elbuitre
04-29-2010, 08:13 PM
I guess the selling point of FTN is security?can someone enlighten me about the hype surrounding the site?

anon
04-29-2010, 08:22 PM
can someone enlighten me about the hype surrounding the site?

It's ratio-free... and most important... it has a great community! :w00t:

At least that's what we can tell from request threads.

Champo101
04-29-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm not a member but that must suck. I've been trying for an invite for some time now. Didn't expect this. RIP FTN

snagit
04-29-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm not a member but that must suck. I've been trying for an invite for some time now. Didn't expect this. RIP FTN

FTN isn't dead yet. :P

TraLaLa
04-29-2010, 09:32 PM
haw h33t this topic has become,its only a tracker or i forgot its about the community

Di@monds
04-29-2010, 09:35 PM
jeah we are all in for community :whistling

IdolEyes787
04-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Let's just wait and see how things work out.

When have we ever done that before?

Magnum
04-30-2010, 02:28 AM
Everything seems to be back to normal (for the most part). No more worries....

Quarterquack
04-30-2010, 02:51 AM
Enjoy m8! You trader I know. Tell me what your other nick (bot) to trade here in trading thread! I do report and you be baned on trakers!

Oh my. I'm afraid my cover has been blown. I seriously doubt someone is as deeply retarded as you are making yourself out to be. It ceased to be funny, really.

If I really wanted to trade, I would do it in the open. I'm always against abusing the advantages of one system (trading) and reaping the advantages of another (good reputation/clean record).

Glitterstep
04-30-2010, 02:59 AM
Everything seems to be back to normal (for the most part). No more worries....

Consider this as a signal/warning.They might close down in the future.:unsure:

chrisbeebops
04-30-2010, 03:23 AM
Consider this as a signal/warning.They might close down in the future.:unsure:
Everything comes to an end some day.

Today is not that day for FTN.

b3owulf
04-30-2010, 03:55 AM
Qg7jA-H-jMo

@ ryslan4ik;
Go lick someone's ass you pussy! We all know you are trading scum pretending you're mommy's boy just to make Dmitry think you're nice guy. I'm too lazy to collect all the evidence I have on you, trading, scumming, invite.net.ru shitforum on cracked vBulletinn... Your English is absolutely pathetic, just as you are. At least you were trader, is it fucking hard to admit, as Dmitry did, huh? Tracker-paraniod immature liar, that's who ypu are, bitch. Whatever D and Stas says it's all bullshit, you know that. I even know more, pussyass. Once you piss me off I'll start a hunt on you again, coward. Now shut up and go fuck youself, asshole!

anonymous0711
04-30-2010, 05:32 AM

Oh my. I'm afraid my cover has been blown. I seriously doubt someone is as deeply retarded as you are making yourself out to be. It ceased to be funny, really.

If I really wanted to trade, I would do it in the open. I'm always against abusing the advantages of one system (trading) and reaping the advantages of another (good reputation/clean record).

This is probably b/c you have what some ppl refer to as integrity and/or some semblance of morals.
though you could just be a good liar and have us fooled there is honestly no way for me to be able to tell so im just going to assume the best
but yes unfortunately this does not seem to be the case with many BT users and so you have ppl like the guy argueing with you who create 1 account to lie and pretend they arent trading on while they have their other 2-3 or whatever it ended up being there to trade trackers etc
im assuming he isnt from the US tho (i'm sure you can all guess why) which is nice b/c it just shows we arent the only morally corrupt country in the world lol
^^this last part was a joke please treat it as so

antrax34130
04-30-2010, 05:44 AM
Hey guys,

I felt I'd make this a new news post so you were all aware in case you don't use the index page as your bookmark.

The good news is, we're still here! We've setup a new paypal account, and were loaned the money for the server that was supposed to go down today.

So what happens next? Well.. Since we had to start with a fresh account and our previous funds are frozen in the old account.. we've pretty much got 0 funds, so ftn is now in your hands. If you can help, we'd absolutely appreciate it. Please don't feel obligated though, at the end of the day this is still just a website and I don't want ftn to be the cause of you going hungry. But keep in mind, we need to pay our bills before the first of May.

Thank you in advance for your support, and for keeping your fingers crossed.

Now lets get back to normal!

~B

PS: We're working on a solution to prevent this from happening in the future. Also, we're aware of the error you might be seeing. We're experiencing some latency issues right now, but they should resolve themselves.

:shutup:

Pikachu
04-30-2010, 06:47 AM
Well FTN's not dead I am sure, it was just a pocket crunch for them and will be recover soon. Well nothing lasts forever, but the race between FTN and I is still on Buddy :P.

FTN I will be there soon. :P

Quarterquack
04-30-2010, 07:57 AM
I came up with a new game while thinking of this thread, and douchebags coupled together. The name of the game is, "I wonder how long till this makes it to the soapbox."

PancakeWaffles
04-30-2010, 08:00 AM
i came up with a new game while thinking of this thread, and douchebags coupled together. The name of the game is, "i wonder how long till this makes it to the soapbox."

BACKIE!!! Der be drama!

The_Martinator
04-30-2010, 09:02 AM
Ruslan, you tha MAN!! Me iz your biggie fan!!

QPD
04-30-2010, 09:25 AM
94% donations in @24 hours...

mrnobody
04-30-2010, 10:42 AM
all of them will probably get an invite

The_Martinator
04-30-2010, 11:32 AM
all of them will probably get an invite

105% now. This post shows the true power of FST. :P

anon
04-30-2010, 11:35 AM
I came up with a new game while thinking of this thread, and douchebags coupled together. The name of the game is, "I wonder how long till this makes it to the soapbox."

But that's like wondering how long it will take for an Scene release to make it to SCC :happy:

sez
04-30-2010, 12:36 PM
The money is not gone.As far as I know after sometime they'll let you withdraw the funds to whatever bank account that was attached to the paypal.It's not like it's their money anyways.

And yes like some people have already pointed out,he is supposed to be smarter just by virtue of experience.SSL is nice and all but it doesn't really mean shit considering all these other external factors.

And if he wants to quit then I think he should just go ahead and do it.He doesn't need anyone's approval.He's been around long enough and I think it would be completely understandable.Do away with the site as well if he pleases.That's technically evidence in case the site is left to a retard.

And I like how y'all trust him.If it were the yacht owner,am sure this thread would be going towards the "screenshots or shens" direction lol.He should be proud and just make sure he doesn't betray those who've chosen to trust him.

cinemas
04-30-2010, 12:43 PM
they fall like dominoes!

antrax34130
04-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Update: April 30 19:57:19 - You guys are amazing. Seriously, the fact that you love this place enough to get our funding up in little over a day is absolutely beyond flattering and truly makes me proud that FTN means that much to you. You guys pulled through on your end and myself and the staff are truly grateful for your generosity. As you may already have guessed, the site will go on, thanks to you. I always said we had the best members, and you guys have proved that.

On a side note, I took down the donations page temporarily since we went over our 100% goal. From now on, I'll be taking the link down once we reach our goal to ensure we don't go over and raise any more flags with paypal. I also plan on changing the way we do things a bit, and paying our bill a month in advance to ensure we always have a month to fall back on, and to keep as few currency in our paypal at any point in time as possible.

Thank you SO much, and I promise we'll put twice as much effort into this place now that we all realize both how much it means to us, and how much it means to you.

:lol::lol::lol:

nnnnnn
04-30-2010, 09:55 PM
ftn is not going down. you can all shut your mouth and close this thread lol.

predateur
05-01-2010, 12:49 AM
get a life !!!!

fairtrader
05-01-2010, 02:45 AM
get a life !!!!

Is that the new MMORPG they keep talking about?

megabyteme
05-01-2010, 11:08 AM
As Anthrax posted on the last page, the money that was needed came in, and the paypal link has been removed. This wasn't a scam, stunt, or anything else shady. Paypal seized their funds and they needed to scramble. Good people came through for something they care about.

Thumbs up to those who rose to the occasion; a different finger to those throwing around accusations and unnecessary drama...:dry:

puckface
05-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Thumbs up to those who rose to the occasion; a different finger to those throwing around accusations and unnecessary drama...:dry:

Pinky? Pinky swear.

megabyteme
05-01-2010, 02:10 PM

Pinky? Pinky swear.

Maybe...:D

anon
05-01-2010, 04:10 PM
get a life !!!!

Is that the new MMORPG they keep talking about?

The economics system is maybe a bit flawed, but overall it's worth playing. You also get great ping times no matter what kind of connection you have.

IdolEyes787
05-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Sorry I couldn't be bothered to read any of the posts so yes.

Chief_Garbonzo
05-03-2010, 11:29 PM
ftn is not going down. you can all shut your mouth and close this thread lol.

how old are you? :blink:

Champo101
05-05-2010, 01:00 AM
@sake they obviously can't afford to hold up their site with their paypal account down so that means no donations which means bye-bye FTN And I never even got an invite :( lol

DeadPoet
05-05-2010, 06:32 AM
Read all thread...

FTN ain't going nowhere.

bondgannu
05-05-2010, 08:35 AM
lollz...

Another Donation Leeching strategy...
So bad of FTN.

tippertime
05-05-2010, 01:24 PM
lollz...

Another Donation Leeching strategy...
So bad of FTN.

doesn't seem like a very good strategy when you take your donation page down once you reach enough to pay the bills :whistling

Detale
05-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Seemingly people missed that they have a new paypal acct and are working things out. What the hell is wrong with all of the haters in here. Regardless if you like the site or not to wish bad on ANY torrent site these days is pretty shitty. What proof do you have that this is a scam or whatever else you morons claim? If you have no proof then just keep quiet and look for the drama elsewhere. basically put up or shut up a55holes

A
05-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Seemingly people missed that they have a new paypal acct and are working things out. What the hell is wrong with all of the haters in here. Regardless if you like the site or not to wish bad on ANY torrent site these days is pretty shitty. What proof do you have that this is a scam or whatever else you morons claim? If you have no proof then just keep quiet and look for the drama elsewhere. basically put up or shut up a55holes
Aint I in fst? Checks...yes I am! Now I am confused.

Phase
05-07-2010, 08:04 AM

Oh yes, you are, buddy. It's Detale who seems to be elsewhere... since it's quite fashionable to wish bad on any torrent site here these days. :rolleyes:

Quarterquack
05-07-2010, 08:08 AM
Oh yes, you are, buddy. It's Detale who seems to be elsewhere... since it's quite fashionable to wish bad on any torrent site here these days. :rolleyes:

Or anywhere, really. FSF articles are full of the same kind of people, same at that sharethefiles or whatever it is, backie's closet etc. You get the picture.

Honestly it's a problem with the community in general rather than the members of one board.

The_Martinator
05-07-2010, 08:21 AM

Or anywhere, really. FSF articles are full of the same kind of people, same at that sharethefiles or whatever it is, backie's closet etc. You get the picture.

Honestly it's a problem with the community in general rather than the members of one board.

Clearly, you haven't been on any invite forum yet. Everyone is so nice there. Too bad 98% of them are just pretending.

About FTN, I agree with Detale, but on the other hand I kinda like that so many are bashing FTN. It evens out the overhyping a bit, but just a bit. :lol:

Disme
05-07-2010, 10:14 AM
It's pretty simple basically ...
The ones that are bashing FTN, but aren't members should just fuck off since they can in no possible way add anything that anyone should take seriously since all they know is second hand gossip.
The ones that are FTN-members should draw their conclusions and ask their accounts to be removed/deleted/disabled.

Quarterquack
05-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Clearly, you haven't been on any invite forum yet. Everyone is so nice there. Too bad 98% of them are just pretending.

In my defense, I've only been on one (not going to drop names) and found half the members to be (extremely) retarded, while the other half was just playing nice and sucking up. That place also housed collector staff who wanted nothing but their own ends.

Well, I guess I just gave it away (unless they're all that way).

A
05-07-2010, 09:40 PM
In my defense, I've only been on one (not going to drop names)
che.isint this getting a little old?I mean,I can understand that in a dicussion if you dont want to drop names of persons but what is the possible reason that you cant say the name of a forum?Are you afraid that you are gonna hurt their feelings or are you an active member of the forum and dont want to point it out?Just curious,thats all.

Quarterquack
05-07-2010, 09:47 PM
In my defense, I've only been on one (not going to drop names)
che.isint this getting a little old?I mean,I can understand that in a dicussion if you dont want to drop names of persons but what is the possible reason that you cant say the name of a forum?Are you afraid that you are gonna hurt their feelings or are you an active member of the forum and dont want to point it out?Just curious,thats all.

If you want me to say that it's ****************, then sure. I don't drop names out of respect. I may have not liked the place, but others around here might. You're active there yourself, aren't you? That means that just by mentioning TPS, I risk hurting your feelings/annoying you because our opinions might differ.

Want me to go into further details or is that description suffice what I meant?

P.S. I really dislike the way you make it sound like I'm a hypocrite. I haven't been a member there for a couple of months now.

A
05-08-2010, 04:19 AM
You're active there yourself, aren't you? That means that just by mentioning TPS, I risk hurting your feelings/annoying you because our opinions might differ.
It seems you have got the wrong impression of me ringhunter.I am in forums just to hangout and have some fun.As such I am not dedicated to any forum.If you said something about TPS which wasnt true then I would have gotten irritated and argued back,same thing I will do if someone said something about FST which wasnt true.I like each forum for what it is and I know what the drawbacks are as well.and as far as I can see around 20% of the active members arent retarded or "just playing nice and sucking up".In discussions when you cant drop names,its understandable because you dont want to hurt anyone personally but forums?che

P.S. I really dislike the way you make it sound like I'm a hypocrite. I haven't been a member there for a couple of months now.
That was not my intention.I just found it lame not to mention the name of a forum after commenting about the forum and I just gave some possible reasons for it.thats all.By saying what a forum/tracker actually is,isint disrespect to anyone.Isint it the reason why everyone likes FST? freedom of discussion for everyone

sez
05-08-2010, 07:25 PM
XrsNdlQNe08

Detale
05-09-2010, 12:13 AM

Hmmm and at one point it was fashionable to hoard Jews into trains, That doesn't mean it was right!

Iv'e been around the block more than a few times there bud. Making douchebag comments doesn't help the situation. In a time when organization after organization is going after more and more means of filesharing like torrent sites do you think it really helps to start bashing a site? The anti piracy side is sticking together and sharing info on our kind going after whomever they can and winning! While we just gather to bitch about a bullshit rumor, great job:dabs:

What any of us needs to do here is stop the bullshit whining and crying and be happy we have sites like FTN out there who DON"T make money, and who bring us their wares free of charge. All the while risking their necks for us the community.

If you don't like the site then don't be a member there it REALLY is that simple. Coming here to bitch like a little whiny kid doesn't do anyone any good. You just make yourselves look foolish. There is absolutely NO proof of any wrongdoing on FTN so what is there to bitch about. Grow the fuck up and turn the page already.

salahnasser
05-09-2010, 12:57 AM

Hmmm and at one point it was fashionable to hoard Jews into trains, That doesn't mean it was right!

Iv'e been around the block more than a few times there bud. Making douchebag comments doesn't help the situation. In a time when organization after organization is going after more and more means of filesharing like torrent sites do you think it really helps to start bashing a site? The anti piracy side is sticking together and sharing info on our kind going after whomever they can and winning! While we just gather to bitch about a bullshit rumor, great job:dabs:

What any of us needs to do here is stop the bullshit whining and crying and be happy we have sites like FTN out there who DON"T make money, and who bring us their wares free of charge. All the while risking their necks for us the community.

If you don't like the site then don't be a member there it REALLY is that simple. Coming here to bitch like a little whiny kid doesn't do anyone any good. You just make yourselves look foolish. There is absolutely NO proof of any wrongdoing on FTN so what is there to bitch about. Grow the fuck up and turn the page already.
and with this great post :D
the thread should be closed

A
05-09-2010, 01:22 AM

Iv'e been around the block more than a few times there bud. Making douchebag comments doesn't help the situation. In a time when organization after organization is going after more and more means of filesharing like torrent sites do you think it really helps to start bashing a site? The anti piracy side is sticking together and sharing info on our kind going after whomever they can and winning! While we just gather to bitch about a bullshit rumor, great job

You have been around the block for sometime now and you should know better than anyone how the discussions take place here and how things are speculated and over exaggerated without knowing what the truth is.At one side you say "stop the bullshit whining and crying and be happy we have sites like FTN out there" and on the other side FST provides an open platform for traders and cheaters.

sez
05-09-2010, 07:38 AM

Iv'e been around the block more than a few times there bud. Making douchebag comments doesn't help the situation. In a time when organization after organization is going after more and more means of filesharing like torrent sites do you think it really helps to start bashing a site? The anti piracy side is sticking together and sharing info on our kind going after whomever they can and winning! While we just gather to bitch about a bullshit rumor, great job

You have been around the block for sometime now and you should know better than anyone how the discussions take place here and how things are speculated and over exaggerated without knowing what the truth is.At one side you say "stop the bullshit whining and crying and be happy we have sites like FTN out there" and on the other side FST provides an open platform for traders and cheaters.

imho you should leave fst out of this...this is 4chan.

Blackbeard
05-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Lies! they could of used alert pay or something else..

eldiesel
05-10-2010, 06:26 AM
The site is up .

Detale
05-10-2010, 03:44 PM

OK maybe you're missing my point. OC I know what goes on here, it doesn't mean I always agree. Although these type threads can take place here, it doesn't mean they should. FST allows what the users want, which is great, but it's childish and irresponsible for people to start these threads WITHOUT PROOF and then they and others bash the sites they are started about. It annoys me to no end how people can just say what they will, again WITHOUT PROOF, and others simply jump on the bandwagon.

I consider B a friend, sure, but so all are clear I'm not so much defending him as I am condemning people talking shit without proof to back it up.

As far as the platform FST provides for traders and such, how the fuck is that relevant? Let's try and keep up shall we ;) Be warned if you care to discuss this further I'll probably pwn you in that discussion as well. Start a new thread but be sure to gather your facts first as I've been defending FST for ages again some of the best out there. Do I agree with all of their policies, no, one of the reasons I don't work here anymore, but overall I stick by the site so do your research first bud:dry:

A
05-10-2010, 04:09 PM
As far as the platform FST provides for traders and such, how the fuck is that relevant? Let's try and keep up shall we
Ans:
In a time when organization after organization is going after more and more means of filesharing like torrent sites do you think it really helps to start bashing a site? The anti piracy side is sticking together and sharing info on our kind going after whomever they can and winning! While we just gather to bitch about a bullshit rumor, great job
How can all stick together when one site provides a platform to break "rules" of other and then differences are created.Anti Pirates stick together because they have only 1 rule "Stop Piracy".(unless they start race wars to determine who catches whom first lol)

I consider B a friend, sure, but so all are clear I'm not so much defending him as I am condemning people talking shit without proof to back it up.
You consider Brandon to be a friend but others dont,so why dont they get some proofs?Afterall not everyone is close as you.For example details of the account freeze of paypal etc.How should people blindly believe the stuff being said?Show the proofs and shut people's mouth or are you saying people should just donate and just STFU no questions asked?

Be warned if you care to discuss this further I'll probably pwn you in that discussion as well.
I am not here to pwn anyone or to get pwned.I am here to express my views.

OC I know what goes on here, it doesn't mean I always agree. Although these type threads can take place here, it doesn't mean they should. FST allows what the users want, which is great, but it's childish and irresponsible for people to start these threads WITHOUT PROOF and then they and others bash the sites they are started about. It annoys me to no end how people can just say what they will, again WITHOUT PROOF, and others simply jump on the bandwagon.

As I mentioned,this is one of the characteristics of FST.You know that,I know that.There is no use saying STFU because such threads will keep on popping and continue because

FST allows what the users want, which is great

Detale
05-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Great use of the quote tags there. I am not saying to donate blindly, I am saying donate if you want to, if not that's fine too but claiming something is true without proof is just foolish.

Also as I said I'm not going to debate FST's policies in this thread, if you like start a new one. I'll be there

So let me get this straight, you are suggesting that FTN needs to show proof of what happened to them?? After all they do for the masses now they need to worry about getting proof for a few morons who feel like posting shit about them? Grow up.

more to come... gotta get the kids

A
05-11-2010, 03:08 AM
you are suggesting that FTN needs to show proof of what happened to them?? After all they do for the masses now they need to worry about getting proof for a few morons who feel like posting shit about them? Grow up.
For morons?FTN has an obligation to be transparent to their donors.Why is that they dont get any proofs?btw not related to the discussion at hand but why do you think people donated to FTN?Just curious thats all and can you explain what they do for the masses that any other Gen/0 day out there dosent do?

Detale
05-11-2010, 05:45 AM
LOL Ok here goes.

Firstly Yes MORONS! Secondly they don't "owe" anyone shit! Not the donors, not you and I, nobody. Being a member there is not a right it's a privilege. As with any other site I had a knowledge of being picked on this way I'd say the same thing, and have in the past. A while back it was supertorrents and I'm sure if you look up my old comments there they would sound basically the same.

They don't have to prove a god damn thing to anyone. They, as I said 3 times now, are providing us a service out of their own time and sometimes money. Now you say they need to prove something to us? Like they haven't done enough! Donate or don't I don't care That's not my point. Talking shit with no proof is what irks me. Not only in this instance either whenever I come across morons posting in this manner I usually speak up. Personally I would give the site the benifit of the doubt before proven otherwise. It's nothing special just a basic courtesy.

What do they do for us that others don't? Nothing that comes to mind ATM, but again that's not the point. Any site I cared for that this was happening to I'd give the same remarks I have in this thread.

Why do people donate? I couldn't speak for these people mainly because I don't know them really. If i had to guess though I imagine some of them donated to help out a site that has been very good to them over the years, to give back after being given so much. Hell maybe some hoping to get invites. Again I don't know peoples motives so i guess you'll have to track them down individually or start a thread and see.

A
05-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Detale,First of all when a site asks for donations like countless times repeatedly,the tracker in reality is run by the people who donate.Without money the tracker dosent exists.And you say "the tracker dosent owe anything?".If this was the case of what.cd I would have said they owe nothing but FTN?

Donate or don't I don't care That's not my point.
"Donate or the tracker is no more" was what FTN said.Its not what you care.

Talking shit with no proof is what irks me.
When the tracker doesnt give proof,it irks the members.

What do they do for us that others don't? Nothing that comes to mind ATM
So why is that you find FTN unique from others and why do you like it?

If i had to guess though I imagine some of them donated to help out a site that has been very good to them over the years, to give back after being given so much. Hell maybe some hoping to get invites.Again I don't know peoples motives so i guess you'll have to track them down individually or start a thread and see.
Lets put that into test.

cinephilia
05-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Being a member there is not a right it's a privilege.
i was waiting for this one to come out. that's like the godwin's law for trackers' discussions.

Detale
05-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Ok so now I feel like you're not even reading my replies. I don't staff at FTN so I don't care if anyone donates, It wasn't why I posted in here. I posted because there were accusations made without proof.

This is probably the most ignorant statement you have made yet

"Detale,First of all when a site asks for donations like countless times repeatedly,the tracker in reality is run by the people who donate"

Umm, no. Those who have donated are awesome and a great help sure. They do not run the tracker. The staff runs the tracker. There are many sites who ask for donations repeatedly and not due to an unfortunate circumstance either. Is it annoying at times, sure, but that's their business. It takes money to run a tracker that keeps up with today's speeds. Servers cost big bucks. Sites do "aggressively fund raise" yeah I've seen it too, but FTN did it this one time due to a problem they had, how can you possibly compare??

Yup, I stand by trackers don't owe you shit statement. It's called a donation no a payment. If we were paying them the accountability would be needed but tis not the case :dabs:

The tracker didn't give proof and it only seemed to irk a few morons as far as I can see. ATM there are 4814 members and how many have come here to complain?? OK then. Like I said a few morons.

I clearly said that FTN is not unique in the matter of this thread. I like it because I do, that's all the explanation I feel like giving. It's not like I owe you anything either, or do you feel like I do?

You know I'm starting to see a trend develop here. It seems that you feel like people owe you explanations alot. Who is it that you think you are and why are you so entitled?

Being a member there is not a right it's a privilege.
i was waiting for this one to come out. that's like the godwin's law for trackers' discussions.

LOL, I know, I used to hate when that one was pulled on me. It does however make sense in this case.

Skiz
05-11-2010, 02:18 PM
why dont you run it from your home ? is the hardware and internet connection that "expensive" ?

Because hosting a tracker in the United States is downright foolish. The cops will knocking in no time.

Hrusciov
05-11-2010, 03:22 PM
I thought SUA is the best country in the world. Fuck yeah

A
05-11-2010, 03:46 PM
"FTN is full of cheats who run the tracker for money and then use it for their own"
If i say something like that and when I am asked to explain myself I say "Why should I explain to you?it's not like I owe you anything either, or do you feel like I do?".heh,when you are out of answers or reasoning pulling out the "I dont owe you card" and then calling others Morons for questioning.

The tracker didn't give proof and it only seemed to irk a few morons as far as I can see.
Few?Almost all members are disgruntled by the fact that FTN is not showing proof of what they say what happened coupled with the fact that the donations thread deleted and then being trashed.It really feels that members are happy.

ATM there are 4814 members and how many have come here to complain?? OK then. Like I said a few morons.
Have FTN forums been a fair place for discussion?Taking down posts because "Brandon or staff dosent like it" seems fair?

FTN did it this one time due to a problem they had, how can you possibly compare??
1 time?

20:37 AbyBeats • how much time have ftn asked for donations in the recent pasT?
20:38 ****** • more than 20 times i believe
20:38 ****** • i checked out all the past news of the site
20:38 ****** • and they have been occasionally begging for last 1-2 years

20:37 AbyBeats • ******
20:37 AbyBeats • how much time have ftn asked for donations in the recent pasT?
20:38 ****** • more than 20 times i believe
20:38 ****** • i checked out all the past news of the site
20:38 ****** • and they have been occasionally begging for last 1-2 years
20:38 AbyBeats • i mean in recent 6 months?
20:38 ****** • one min
20:40 ****** • about 4-5 times
20:40 AbyBeats • are u sure?
20:41 ****** • 4 times sure
20:41 AbyBeats • k
20:41 ****** • brandon is clever
20:41 AbyBeats • btw
20:41 AbyBeats • in forums posts are also deleted?
20:41 ****** • he has unique reason for everytime he asks for donations
20:42 AbyBeats • i mean posts which raises questions
20:42 ****** • yeah
20:42 ****** • suckers
20:42 ****** • ftn staff are mofos
20:42 ****** • bleh i barely use tat site anymore

This is probably the most ignorant statement you have made yet

"Detale,First of all when a site asks for donations like countless times repeatedly,the tracker in reality is run by the people who donate"

Did you miss reading the later part?

Detale,First of all when a site asks for donations like countless times repeatedly,the tracker in reality is run by the people who donate.Without money the tracker dosent exists.And you say "the tracker dosent owe anything?".If this was the case of what.cd I would have said they owe nothing but FTN?

Detale
05-11-2010, 06:36 PM
LOL, OK so now you sound even dumber than when you first started. At least your posts were somewhat intelligible then.

Few?Almost all members are disgruntled by the fact that FTN is not showing proof of what they say what happened coupled with the fact that the donations thread deleted and then being trashed.It really feels that members are happy.Hmmm where do you get your stats from or is this like everything else where you pull it out of your ass. Almost all huh, proof? didn't think so.

Have FTN forums been a fair place for discussion?Taking down posts because "Brandon or staff dosent like it" seems fair?Dude it's their site and they can do as they wish even if you or I don't agree. If you don't like it cancel your membership, simple as that. It has been said as long as I know and it's so true. Their site their rules. If you don't like it LEAVE! but don't cry like a little girl with a scraped knee.

Another lol, ok I did say 1 time but I thought you were smarter than to take it literally. I was wrong :dabs:

I meant one time recently. Again trackers do need money so asking for it isn't a huge deal. Almost all trackers ask for money occasionally?

Originally posted by my ass
20:41 Detale • So you DO know that you're wrong right?
20:41 AbyBeats • Of course I do, I just enjoy making an ass out of myself.
20:41 Detale • Yeah but dude, it's going on for a while now. I mean c'mon
20:41 AbyBeats • I can't help myself my overwhelming need to be a fool is too great
20:42 Detale • Yeah I guess, but you're spewing garbage with NO PROOF of anything
20:42 AbyBeats • Who needs proof to be a moron?
20:42 Detale • True, true, fuck it by all means continue.
20:42 AbyBeats • I think I will for a while, I'm even going to make that poll we talked about and leave out an option for people who aren't members
20:42 Detale • Cool good luck making an ass out of yourself, not that you'll need it.see I can make up IRC convo's also Thinking of it now I should have added asterisks as well, meh next time.

Wow, OK so yes trackers need money to survive, but just because you donate it doesn't mean you have a say as to how the spend what it noe THEIR money. They could add a new server, get a faster host or even more seedboxes for their uploaders. Again there is a distinct difference between donations and payments. I'm sure you can Google both if you are still confused.

A
05-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Hmmm where do you get your stats from or is this like everything else where you pull it out of your ass. Almost all huh, proof? didn't think so.
Sigh.You see,almost all people here in fst is unhappy,in TPS most of them have shown how disgruntled they were within their limits of expressing it,In ETIV almost 99% of them didnt like what FTN did and majority have expressed how pathetic FTN is in CFS.And members in FTN are not allowed to speak because the comments get deleted.I think its time you took your head out of the circle of FTN friends and see for yourself.And if you think all these forums as shit,I can start a poll in facebook for you.

Originally posted by my ass
20:41 Detale • So you DO know that you're wrong right?
20:41 AbyBeats • Of course I do, I just enjoy making an ass out of myself.
20:41 Detale • Yeah but dude, it's going on for a while now. I mean c'mon
20:41 AbyBeats • I can't help myself my overwhelming need to be a fool is too great
20:42 Detale • Yeah I guess, but you're spewing garbage with NO PROOF of anything
20:42 AbyBeats • Who needs proof to be a moron?
20:42 Detale • True, true, fuck it by all means continue.
20:42 AbyBeats • I think I will for a while, I'm even going to make that poll we talked about and leave out an option for people who aren't members
20:42 Detale • Cool good luck making an ass out of yourself, not that you'll need it.
see I can make up IRC convo's also Thinking of it now I should have added asterisks as well, meh next time.

Oh my!are you this immature?just because you cant communicate your points effectively,you are adding in cheap words and your frustration is being displayed.That irc was the reply to you (which I had with my friend)when you stated this
FTN did it this one time due to a problem they had, how can you possibly compare??
And the one difference between your pathetic "made up" irc convo and my irc convo is that mine has validity(because anyone can say if the contents in it is wrong) while yours is shit.

Wow, OK so yes trackers need money to survive, but just because you donate it doesn't mean you have a say as to how the spend what it noe THEIR money. They could add a new server, get a faster host or even more seedboxes for their uploaders. Again there is a distinct difference between donations and payments. I'm sure you can Google both if you are still confused.
Or each staff can buy a new lexus,because "but just because you donate it doesn't mean you have a say as to how the spend what it noe THEIR money."And please state before starting another donation drive for staff to buy new cars,because people will be thinking that they are donating for maintaining the servers.Or things like what pham did to PTP will happen.C'mon we shouldnt ask what is being done with donations right?

I meant one time recently. Again trackers do need money so asking for it isn't a huge deal. Almost all trackers ask for money occasionally?
What is this recent for you? 1 month?because they have already asked 4 times in the recent 6 months.First you said this
FTN did it this one time due to a problem they had and then you add "recently".And for your info, recently they have been asking for Money in numerous occassions.Are you denying this fact?

Dude it's their site and they can do as they wish even if you or I don't agree. If you don't like it cancel your membership, simple as that. It has been said as long as I know and it's so true. Their site their rules. If you don't like it LEAVE! but don't cry like a little girl with a scraped knee.
That dosent stop anyone from criticizing the things done there.

Di@monds
05-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Detale, are you doing drugs atm?
1. if they are adding new server, they will let us know(asking more money again and again)...
2. seedboxes for their uploaders? big lol
3. how many invites you will get from brandon?
a definition of a good solid private tracker is they never ask for donation.

tippertime
05-11-2010, 07:24 PM
why would FTN want to bring anymore attention to the situation then there already has been?...

if they did show "proof" of funds being frozen all it would do is start more threads like this at many more places and make them an even bigger target for Paypal or whoever else they are using now to shut them down.

fact of the matter is once they get enough money to pay the bills the donation page goes away...I don't know of any other site that does that, do you?

deadalive1
05-11-2010, 07:52 PM
It has been said as long as I know and it's so true. Their site their rules. If you don't like it LEAVE!

This is true, yet most who like to bitch and moan on different forums and certain blogs about how certain sites tracker staff are egotistical or just plain wrong on how THEY should run THEIR trackers won't EVER leave. If they did leave they'd have nothing to bitch about, there would be no drama to be stirred.......

If a person doesn't like how a tracker is run and/or feels the need to start threads about it everywhere complaining about said tracker then man up and ask for your account to be disabled/deleted, instead of whining and complaining about it, it really is as simple as that.......

A
05-11-2010, 08:09 PM
If a person doesn't like how a tracker is run and/or feels the need to start threads about it everywhere complaining about said tracker then man up and ask for your account to be disabled/deleted, instead of whining and complaining about it, it really is as simple as that.......
So what you are saying is,if a tracker is doing questionable stuff,all quietly delete their accounts and dont talk about it anywhere?lemme ask you one simple question:Why shouldnt people discuss and ask questions?and who is whining and complaining here?isint this a discussion about the steps that FTN has taken and if you agree or not?Or cant we even do that?

Quarterquack
05-11-2010, 08:24 PM
I don't understand one thing. When people question Brandon's sincerity, it seems like he has a lot of backup. When people expose other staffers' thievery, people are all about it like wolves. So, let's be honest, why do people hold the double standard?

deadalive1
05-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Yes, asking questions is fine but sadly when people don't get the answers they like they tend to complain and try to stir up drama, make false accusations etc.

What's worse is that these same people who do this NEVER leave the tracker they are accusing of doing certain things. To me that is hypocritical, you (not you individually but as in you in a general sense) don't like certain aspects of how a tracker is run and feel the need to make accusations without supplying any sort of proof other than speculation is IMO going beyond just "asking" questions.

I don't know if what was reported by FTN staff was the actual case or not, but honestly I am not going to lose any sleep over it either....

I like the tracker and I know first hand it isn't an easy task to run a tracker and keep everyone happy. With all the closings the past year or so people should be more appreciative of those who are still around and put their freedoms at risk so we can get the content we like and enjoy.

A
05-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Yes, asking questions is fine but sadly when people don't get the answers they like they tend to complain and try to stir up drama, make false accusations etc.
What should people do when they dont get answers even after asking over and over again?

I don't know if what was reported by FTN staff was the actual case or not, but honestly I am not going to lose any sleep over it either....
That is your stance and opinion but there are people who would like to know what really is going on.Especially people who have contributed to the community.

Tokeman
05-11-2010, 08:53 PM
What do you want, reciepts and SS's of bank statements? Theres no easy way to proove any of this without exposing sensative information. If you didn't donate, its none of your business. If you did donate, then you put your trust into the tracker staff to do what is appropriate with the donations as they see fit. If you don't trust the answers given, as said before, delete your account. Problem solved.

DeadPoet
05-11-2010, 08:55 PM
According to IRC quotes he's not a member of FTN.

A
05-11-2010, 09:00 PM
What do you want, reciepts and SS's of bank statements? Theres no easy way to proove any of this without exposing sensative information. If you didn't donate, its none of your business. If you did donate, then you put your trust into the tracker staff to do what is appropriate with the donations as they see fit. If you don't trust the answers given, as said before, delete your account. Problem solved.
pal,I dont want to see anything nor am I interested in the least bit in ftn or what they do.All I am saying is people wont stop saying shit or whatever until their mouths gets shut by a definite answer.Unless/Until anything is proved no one can say to STFU to anyone.

Tokeman
05-11-2010, 09:05 PM
The answer was given, and theres no way to 'proove' it without exposing info that shouldn't be exposed. So what do you propose aside from 'proof' of the paypal account being suspended...? Its a stalemate, so pointless to discuss further.

Detale
05-12-2010, 12:48 AM
Now you are bordering on just plain stupid.

Sigh.You see,almost all people here in fst is unhappy,in TPS most of them have shown how disgruntled they were within their limits of expressing it,In ETIV almost 99% of them didnt like what FTN did and majority have expressed how pathetic FTN is in CFS.And members in FTN are not allowed to speak because the comments get deleted.I think its time you took your head out of the circle of FTN friends and see for yourself.And if you think all these forums as shit,I can start a poll in facebook for you.Almost all people in "here"?? Where do you mean? In this thread or in FST? Either way you have no way to get real stats on this so you are making up numbers to suit your argument. As for TPS, CFS etc again unless you are staff there you don't know those stats either so again you are throwing out numbers so you look good.

Oh my!are you this immature?just because you cant communicate your points effectively,you are adding in cheap words and your frustration is being displayed.That irc was the reply to you (which I had with my friend)when you stated thisOh, I'm communicating just fine. OK so you're "friend" knows what? You hid his name and thus removing his validity as a source of any real proof of anything. I posted my fake convo to show you how irrelevant yours was. Again without any real proof anyone can say whatever they want, get it.

What is this recent for you? 1 month?because they have already asked 4 times in the recent 6 months.First you said this

and then you add "recently".And for your info, recently they have been asking for Money in numerous occassions.Are you denying this fact?

Pretty sure I covered this one already....yep I did

Another lol, ok I did say 1 time but I thought you were smarter than to take it literally. I was wrong http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/dabs.gif

Occasionally is subjective sure and I amm not going to argue exactly how many times they asked for money in the past 1000 years either. It doesn't matter that they asked as far as I'm concerned so turn the page on that one. The point here was people talking shit without proof so please try and keep up, thanks

Detale, are you doing drugs atm?
1. if they are adding new server, they will let us know(asking more money again and again)...
2. seedboxes for their uploaders? big lol
3. how many invites you will get from brandon?
a definition of a good solid private tracker is they never ask for donation.
What? by all means join the discussion but please try and say something of worth. A definition of a good private tracker?? What the hell are you talking about? Almost ALL trackers ask for money at one time or another.

I like the tracker and I know first hand it isn't an easy task to run a tracker and keep everyone happy. With all the closings the past year or so people should be more appreciative of those who are still around and put their freedoms at risk so we can get the content we like and enjoy.

Thanks DA seemingly people have a hard time accepting the obvious, good to see you BTW ;)

Again well put, is this really that hard to understand?

deadalive1
05-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Thanks Detale, good to see you too. :)

A
05-12-2010, 02:46 AM
Almost all people in "here"?? Where do you mean? In this thread or in FST? Either way you have no way to get real stats on this so you are making up numbers to suit your argument. As for TPS, CFS etc again unless you are staff there you don't know those stats either so again you are throwing out numbers so you look good.
From today onwards I am going to start a census,go to all forums,make a big list and give you the conclusions.Dude all the discussions in the forums are there to see for the members and anyone can prove me wrong if what I said was shit.You dont have to be a staff there to read the discussion threads and know what people think.You are blind by the fact that you are not indulging yourself apart from the few friends you mingle with.

Oh, I'm communicating just fine. OK so you're "friend" knows what? You hid his name and thus removing his validity as a source of any real proof of anything. I posted my fake convo to show you how irrelevant yours was. Again without any real proof anyone can say whatever they want, get it.
Already I have said this,My aim was to show how wrong you were.The IRC convo is there for everyone to see and if the things said in the convo is wrong anyone can say so.Where as yours is shit.

Occasionally is subjective sure and I amm not going to argue exactly how many times they asked for money in the past 1000 years either. It doesn't matter that they asked as far as I'm concerned so turn the page on that one. The point here was people talking shit without proof so please try and keep up, thanks
hahaha,First you said they did it "1 time",then you said they did it "recently" and next you say "occassionally" and then you say the word "occassionally" is subjective and not going to argue.And you also think all this time people should shut their mouth without questioning.keep that to yourself.thanks.

Now you are bordering on just plain stupid.
Saying this at start of an argument definitely gives you an upperhand :yup:

EDIT:
Between this is what I am saying:

pal,I dont want to see anything nor am I interested in the least bit in ftn or what they do.All I am saying is people wont stop saying shit or whatever until their mouths gets shut by a definite answer.Unless/Until anything is proved no one can say to STFU to anyone.
You just cant shut people's mouth or ask them to STFU.They will continue what they do until they get proof.If the tracker shows it or not is upon the tracker so is what people say.

Detale
05-12-2010, 05:51 AM
And there you go right over the edge into tard valley.

From today onwards I am going to start a census,go to all forums,make a big list and give you the conclusions.Dude all the discussions in the forums are there to see for the members and anyone can prove me wrong if what I said was shit.You dont have to be a staff there to read the discussion threads and know what people think.You are blind by the fact that you are not indulging yourself apart from the few friends you mingle with. Wow you really do have oo much time on your hands there. I could care less about what kind of census you come up with dude, really. Yet agan you are missing my point. If what you said was shit or not it irrelevant. Whoever that IRC convo was with it still proves NOTHING. "To know what people think"!? So now you're psychic also? Those happen to be the posts you read and if I didn't have a life either I could go around doing a census and get stats to prove my points as well, gratefully that's not the case."You are blind by the fact that you are not indulging yourself apart from the few friends you mingle with" Is this even English?? Wow you really must be psychic to know I only have a few friends, and how do you know I mingle with them at all? I'm not blind to anything I just don't enjoy biting the hands that feed all of us.

My aim was to show how wrong you were.The IRC convo is there for everyone to see and if the things said in the convo is wrong anyone can say so.Where as yours is shit.Well your aim was apparently off. The "IRC convo" meant nothing at all. It proved nothing other than you spoke with someone who gave some answers. Good job tho. Now you keep referring to "MY" IRC convo being shit, dude anyone with any sense at all knows it was a fake, a joke to show that yours was just as irrelevant as a made up one. Get over it already.

[quote]First you said 1 time,then you said recently and next you say occassionally and then you say the word occassionally is subjective and not going to argue.And you also think all this time people should shut their mouth without questioning.keep that to yourself.thanks[\quote] OK now, You really need to pay attention this time as it will be last I address of this. YOU CAN CALL IT AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE I DON'T CARE! It's OK for trackers to ask for money if they need it. Hopefully you will read it this time, in fact I'll write it again so you don't miss it again.

YOU CAN CALL IT AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE I DON'T CARE! It's OK for trackers to ask for money if they need it

A
05-12-2010, 06:54 AM
Wow you really do have oo much time on your hands there. I could care less about what kind of census you come up with dude, really So frustrated with yourself that you cant even tell jokes apart,arent we.I replied so because you said something stupid like this

Almost all people in "here"?? Where do you mean? In this thread or in FST? Either way you have no way to get real stats on this so you are making up numbers to suit your argument. As for TPS, CFS etc again unless you are staff there you don't know those stats either so again you are throwing out numbers so you look good.
Seriously how can you be so ignorant of all the people ranting everywhere?And you say you want real stats?You make me laugh because up until now you havent even provided anything to backup what you say.

"You are blind by the fact that you are not indulging yourself apart from the few friends you mingle with" Is this even English?? Wow you really must be psychic to know I only have a few friends, and how do you know I mingle with them at all? I'm not blind to anything I just don't enjoy biting the hands that feed all of us.

And all the shit they feed you with.If it is not shit then prove it.Dont pull the "I dont owe you anything card here please".Its really pathetic.

Well your aim was apparently off. The "IRC convo" meant nothing at all. It proved nothing other than you spoke with someone who gave some answers. Good job tho. Now you keep referring to "MY" IRC convo being shit, dude anyone with any sense at all knows it was a fake, a joke to show that yours was just as irrelevant as a made up one. Get over it already.
Good job showing the world what a blockhead you are.I have already stated numerous times what my aim was showing the irc convo.Is what being said in the irc convo false?My intention was to prove what you sprouted out was wrong and you havent denied anything to be false in it and you keep on proving that what you said was wrong.And those who know me also knows I dont make up things.I wanted conformation from my friend and I posted it here.And I didnt make up the IRC convo as well because I am not a member of FTN.How can a non member give correct details about things concerning FTN?

YOU CAN CALL IT AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE I DON'T CARE! It's OK for trackers to ask for money if they need it
Who gives a flying fuck for what you care.So if you dont care about something others also shouldnt?

Again,you got the upper hand by sprouting nonsense at the start of your argument.:yup:

So what shall I call you? Mega Retard?

"You are blind by the fact that you are not indulging yourself apart from the few friends you mingle with" Is this even English??
Checks... ... ... still checking ... ... ... almost complete ... ... ... OMG it is Spanish!dang.

sez
05-12-2010, 07:16 AM
@detale and abybeats,unless one of you has inside 411(and by this I mean solid proof that the account wasn't suspended or it was suspended or it didn't get restored or it did actually get restored)then you are both talking from a point of ignorance.

Beats me why you are so
passionate when what you have as a premise is hot air.As far as things stand,the truth can go either way and that's the correct angle to look at it(and am asking that we be honest here).It's the internet where fact tends to hold more water than words ever will.And detale,you acknowledged this very fact the other day when you advised settindice to forget about redemption and start all over again.

I however don't think either of you is to blame,it's brandon whom isn't being as responsible as he ought to be.Donations is an extremely sensitive issue in BT and it's something that he should know.Feeling took this very same approach of inaction and look where it got him,I mean the guy could be innocent for all we know(was anybody there with him when he bought that infamous wedding ring?) but his ego combined with a rather idiotic silence loyally served to taint a reputation of a would be BT 'hall of famer'.

People love ftn(detale clearly does) but we all know what love does to the rest of your senses.

Staffing a torrent site is hard and I think we should appreciate those who are doing it out of passion and not for other unfound reasons(and again am just wanting us to be honest here).Passion is what you see chalisto and the no mo drama SCC team doing,Brandon used to fall here(manually racing pres isn't fun) but when you hear speak of him quitting that goes as far back as 2 years then you really wonder what is still keeping him in the game.It could be passion but we can't say there isn't room for cynicism given such as our dispensation.And again if we are to be honest,in the past 12 months,how many times have we heard ftn money stories involving brandon.Remember the interesting one from TPS?

What am I trying to get at?well it's not drama and we need to stop treating every criticism as such,all factors considered there are genuine reasons as to why somebody would have doubts on the account provided by Brandon as to what exactly happened to ftn's paypal.

People showed overwhelming support for the site when they were called upon and I believe for the sake of transparency,respect and mutual trust(and this is supposed to be common sense)Brandon oughta reciprocate by providing tangible information(in whatever manner) that would enable people like detale explain what happened to ftn's paypal to Abybeats without looking like the cliche 'drunk trying to show another drunk the way'

Detale
05-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Ok Andy, now you don't even have a single valid point so take a deep breath now, relax, and go fuck yourself :) When you have something of worth to say or any more IRC convos to post maybe I'll reply. You're very ignorant and I feel bad for you. My whole point it how can anyone say these things without posting proof of it happening? It's libelous and irresponsible to say the least.

Good point Sez- Doubts are fine INHO but this shit talking not only hurts the community but FST as well. Call it a pet peeve of mine.

A
05-12-2010, 07:36 AM
As far as things stand,the truth can go either way and that's the correct angle to look at it
That has always been what I am trying to say here.

Ok Andy, now you don't even have a single valid point so take a deep breath now, relax, and go fuck yourself When you have something of worth to say or any more IRC convos to post maybe I'll reply. You're very ignorant and I feel bad for you. My whole point it how can anyone say these things without posting proof of it happening? It's libelous and irresponsible to say the least.
yea right.From the start of this thread I have addressed to all the points you wrote one by one and then now you have nothing to defend yourself with.What valid point do you have?So "take a deep breath now, relax, and go fuck yourself":) and when you open your eyes to reality I;ll reply to you even then.You are more ignorant than anyone here and a blockhead at that too and I feel really bad for you as well.A man of your position talking like a fanboi with no reasoning at all.My whole point is without FTN showing any proof,nothing is going to change anything?And yes it is "libelous and irresponsible to say the least." on the part of FTN.

cinephilia
05-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Staffing a torrent site is hard and I think we should appreciate those who are doing it out of passion for lack of anything better to do during their free time.

fixed it for you :yup:

Detale
05-12-2010, 01:11 PM
That has always been what I am trying to say here.
Err Um no that's not what you're trying to say, In fact neither of us was, we were arguing our own sides. Can you not even admit that?

yea right.From the start of this thread I have addressed to all the points you wrote one by one and then now you have nothing to defend yourself with.What valid point do you have?So "take a deep breath now, relax, and go fuck yourself"http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/smile.gif and when you open your eyes to reality I;ll reply to you even then.You are more ignorant than anyone here and a blockhead at that too and I feel really bad for you as well.A man of your position talking like a fanboi with no reasoning at all.My whole point is without FTN showing any proof,nothing is going to change anything?And yes it is "libelous and irresponsible to say the least." on the part of FTN.

Sure you have addressed many of my points until that last post, where you were speaking nonsense. Asking me what valid points I have just shows that you really have the attention span of a grub.

A man of my position talking like a fanboy?? What "position" do you mean? I did staff here sure but now I'm nobody. For you to call ME a fanboy is really just stupid dude. Our disagreement aside, I staffed HERE you have no idea how many tracker staff members hate you simply for being staff here. I have lost accts on trackers over it and in many cases been put in the middle of greater bullshit than this due to that fact. Through all of this I still don't hate tracker staff as a whole as some ex/current staffers may. A blockhead??? Really? What are you 6?? Also you need to look up the word libelous. Who did FTN defame or slander here? A word of advice as I'm pretty sure I've been at this longer than you. Get rid of your sense of entitlement. Trackers, shit people in general, don't owe you anything.

I do have a question for you, just a question no hidden meaning. What tracker is your favorite? I'd just like to know what standard you are going by while bashing ftn all this time.

A
05-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Err Um no that's not what you're trying to say, In fact neither of us was, we were arguing our own sides. Can you not even admit that?
You started by saying others should stop speaking if they didint know what actually was going on in FTN.I said unless/until FTN gives some sort of proof you have no right to tell others to STFU.If FTN gives proofs or not is upto them.If they decide not to,people will continue to speak what they speak.From there on it escalated where you tried to defend FTN while I tried to prove my point.The difference being you got personal while I was raising my points and arguing about the reasoning/answers why people should stop talking shit while FTN themselves are not ready to shut their mouths.I am not saying people who talk shit is the right thing to do,but without hard facts shit talking cant be stopped.There are just so many things to talk shit about when a definite answer is not given.And you dont have any rights to say to "stop shit talking" because you yourself have no proofs/reasoning to keep them quite.

Sure you have addressed many of my points until that last post, where you were speaking nonsense. Asking me what valid points I have just shows that you really have the attention span of a grub.

Oh,wait!who asked that first?

Ok Andy, now you don't even have a single valid point
oh!found it!Detale it is.

A man of my position talking like a fanboy?? What "position" do you mean? I did staff here sure but now I'm nobody. For you to call ME a fanboy is really just stupid dude. Our disagreement aside, I staffed HERE you have no idea how many tracker staff members hate you simply for being staff here. I have lost accts on trackers over it and in many cases been put in the middle of greater bullshit than this due to that fact. Through all of this I still don't hate tracker staff as a whole as some ex/current staffers may. A blockhead??? Really? What are you 6?? Also you need to look up the word libelous
That is no excuse for defending a site blindly without any sorts of reasoning behind it.I called you a blockhead because questions like the below just keep coming from you and it seems you dosent comprehend somethings which is clearly obvious to anyone reading it.(eg:irc convo where my aim was to show about the donations in FTN)

Who did FTN defame or slander here?
Who said FTN did that.All I said was(hate quoting again and again)

I dont want to see anything nor am I interested in the least bit in ftn or what they do.All I am saying is people wont stop saying shit or whatever until their mouths gets shut by a definite answer.Unless/Until anything is proved no one can say to STFU to anyone.

A word of advice as I'm pretty sure I've been at this longer than you. Get rid of your sense of entitlement. Trackers, shit people in general, don't owe you anything.
Again I have to quote from what i said before

I do have a question for you, just a question no hidden meaning. What tracker is your favorite? I'd just like to know what standard you are going by while bashing ftn all this time.
Animebyt.es is my favourite tracker.And I am not bashing ftn duh.How many times should I have to say that?I am saying "shit talkers wont stop shit talking unless they get any sort of proof to stop shit talking".zzz

Cabalo
05-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Man, this thread has become a text wall.
Good skills with the quotes, I say.

captive
05-12-2010, 02:52 PM
i have read the first few posts on this thread and the last few, cant be bothered with those in between coz i rekon i have a pretty good idea where thay are going.
i used to be a member there but had my account suspended/closed as i just dont have the time, with a family now, like i used to.

but having been there for best part of three years i can say that its a cool place to be and that if a site asks for a little bit of loot every now and then, so what.

the quality of the way the site looks, is kept working well, upload speed, pre time speeds, forum quality - which is superb - you got most any question there is and answer or someone will know, does that not deserve a little help from the people who use it on a day to day basis?
and just who's business is it? just the people on the site in my view.

its about time people stop having uninformed opinions about things they know bugger all about.

Burnsy
05-12-2010, 03:04 PM
+1

Summer
05-12-2010, 03:40 PM
but having been there for best part of three years i can say that its a cool place to be and that if a site asks for a little bit of loot every now and then, so what.

the quality of the way the site looks, is kept working well, upload speed, pre time speeds, forum quality - which is superb - you got most any question there is and answer or someone will know, does that not deserve a little help from the people who use it on a day to day basis?
and just who's business is it? just the people on the site in my view.

its about time people stop having uninformed opinions about things they know bugger all about.

^^ Well said.

I really don't understand why people complain when trackers ask for donations. After all, we are all using the tracker, we get hours of enjoyment out of it - and I don't just mean the downloads. Most trackers can't survive without donations. Reaching out to a userbase who has received so much from you, does not seem like such a crime to me.

deadalive1
05-12-2010, 08:46 PM
+1 captive, well said.

The funniest part about this all is the people who complain or ask these loaded questions are most of the time not even members of the sites they attack/question. Or they have been banned or disabled or whatever and look for revenge, so they get other individuals all riled up and sit back and laugh at the drama that was created....

Detale
05-13-2010, 12:49 AM
Look Abby I'm not going to continue to go tit for tat with you on every little irrelevant semantic. Mostly because you are exhausting in your ignorance. The little I can muster is below

That is no excuse for defending a site blindly without any sorts of reasoning behind it.I called you a blockhead because questions like the below just keep coming from you and it seems you dosent comprehend somethings which is clearly obvious to anyone reading it.(eg:irc convo where my aim was to show about the donations in FTN)Blindly?? How dare you. You aren't even a member of FTN so between the two of us I'd say I have a more clear view than you do. My reasoning is simple. Innocent until proven guilty so those who do the shit talking should have to prove it NOT the site who contributes to the community. FTN is being attacked here, they aren't coming here attacking anyone else. This is why I believe the shit talkers are wrong here.

Again with this IRC convo?? It's no kind of proof whatsoever of anything. It's just some guy saying how many times he thinks FTN has asked for money in an allotted time. That's it. Who is the guy? What are his credentials? Do you at very least get how he and that convo don't mean anything because we don't know who he is?

Originally Posted by Detale
Who did FTN defame or slander here?

YOU DID MORON!!

?And yes it is "libelous and irresponsible to say the least." on the part of FTN.
Obviously You should google the word Libel and get back to me OK champ

I am saying "shit talkers wont stop shit talking unless they get any sort of proof to stop shit talking".zzz Yes i get that and my view is that they don't owe the shit talkers anything. Innocent until proven guilty. I'll put it like this, If i were to start a thread saying you enjoyed farm animal sex and others chimed in saying they knew it to be true, should you have to prove you weren't into that or should you be allowed to live your life free of harassment??

Before you say oh the donors are owed blah blah. I highly doubt all the people talking shit are donors here. Even if they are when you donate to the red cross do you have a say as to how they spend it?? No you don't ,again google the word donate for a more clear definition.

A
05-13-2010, 02:00 AM
Detale,You are asking the same things which have been discussed posts before again and again and making remarks like this:

YOU DID MORON!!

My arguments was clear in this thread,and I didnt say the above either.

Again with this IRC convo?? It's no kind of proof whatsoever of anything. It's just some guy saying how many times he thinks FTN has asked for money in an allotted time. That's it. Who is the guy? What are his credentials? Do you at very least get how he and that convo don't mean anything because we don't know who he is?
Man,seriously if you dont understand why I put in the IRC convo.leave it.I am not going to quote for you again.

Blindly?? How dare you. You aren't even a member of FTN so between the two of us I'd say I have a more clear view than you do. My reasoning is simple. Innocent until proven guilty so those who do the shit talking should have to prove it NOT the site who contributes to the community. FTN is being attacked here, they aren't coming here attacking anyone else. This is why I believe the shit talkers are wrong here.
Please read what sez wrote.

The funniest part about this all is the people who complain or ask these loaded questions are most of the time not even members of the sites they attack/question. Or they have been banned or disabled or whatever and look for revenge, so they get other individuals all riled up and sit back and laugh at the drama that was created....
What kinda stupid logic is that?First you say "most of them asking these question or shit talking are still members of the site" and then you say "the people who complain or ask these loaded questions are most of the time not even members of the sites they attack/question".So by the looks of it,both ways no one can ask questions?wow,please keep that to yourself.thanks.
And explain to me why a person shouldnt be a member of the site if he complains?I can say the ratio system in BitmeTV sucks(ratio system in most of the sites are lame),that means I should stop using BitmeTV?Isint it because people complained so much that the ratio system changed in What.CD?You you dont want other people to talk?start a tracker with the rule "Rule#1: Dont talk anything about the tracker".And then you can ban people for speaking up.

pone44
05-13-2010, 04:52 AM
Abybeats,Who are you to make these allegations without proof? If the site needed help or not, it is still not your business or concern. They did not force anyone to donate. Members donated because they appreciate the site and staff. It has been around for a long time and never did anything shady to my knowledge.

A
05-13-2010, 05:10 AM
Abybeats,Who are you to make these allegations without proof?
Point out the allegations I made please.Thanks.

If the site needed help or not, it is still not your business or concern.

I dont want to see anything nor am I interested in the least bit in ftn or what they do.

They did not force anyone to donate.
Who said they did?

Members donated because they appreciate the site and staff.
Check out the poll thread.

It has been around for a long time and never did anything shady to my knowledge.
Read what sez wrote

pone44
05-13-2010, 06:05 AM
Ffs then what are you arguing /debating about in this thread? What is your point with making a poll?

A
05-13-2010, 06:17 AM
Ffs then what are you arguing /debating about in this thread? What is your point with making a poll?
Read the thread.

deadalive1
05-13-2010, 06:40 AM
lol his ignorance is overwhelming... I also notice you aren't bringing any of this shit up in the GFT thread...hmmm I wonder why that is?

No accusations for what is happening with their paypal account?

No complaints about them asking for money?

No census from multiple forums to put up numbers for them?

No poll for them?

Too funny......

Oh and P.S. I do run a tracker and we've been around almost 6 years now lmao, so much for what you know........

A
05-13-2010, 06:52 AM
I also notice you aren't bringing any of this shit up in the GFT thread...hmmm I wonder why that is?

No accusations for what is happening with their paypal account?

No complaints about them asking for money?

No census from multiple forums to put up numbers for them?

No poll for them?

Too funny......
Give me one good reason I should do that.This whole discussion was a reply to Detale.If I feel replying to something in the GFT thread which I would like to question,I will.I dont need your help in that.Also,I can clearly see from those statements that you havent read this thread and what I intend to convey.No interest in you whatsoever.And a general trend in people like you I see is people like you label anyone who questions or have a difference in opinions into trolls/shit talkers.Typical Staff complex.

and When addressed what you commented here

What kinda stupid logic is that?First you say "most of them asking these question or shit talking are still members of the site" and then you say "the people who complain or ask these loaded questions are most of the time not even members of the sites they attack/question".So by the looks of it,both ways no one can ask questions?wow,please keep that to yourself.thanks.
And explain to me why a person shouldnt be a member of the site if he complains?I can say the ratio system in BitmeTV sucks(ratio system in most of the sites are lame),that means I should stop using BitmeTV?Isint it because people complained so much that the ratio system changed in What.CD?You you dont want other people to talk?start a tracker with the rule "Rule#1: Dont talk anything about the tracker".And then you can ban people for speaking up.
you are dodging the question by calling it ignorance.Is that the new trend now?If you cant answer dodge it with some stupid words?
People who are members shouldnt question,people who are not members shouldnt question,People who are banned or disabled also shouldnt question.So according to who is that who can question?Would like to know.

Oh and P.S. I do run a tracker and we've been around almost 6 years now lmao, so much for what you know........
I know that very well.But the tracker dosent have such a rule like i mentioned.does it?I think you need to implement it,because you seem to dislike questions and is only good at passing smartass comments or make a tracker like that.

deadalive1
05-13-2010, 07:50 AM
What? Do you mean make rules like don't post our screens anywhere? Or, don't share accounts or our (dot) torrent files with anyone? Or, don't trade/sell accounts/invites? lol Yeah, those rules work well... like that would make any bit of difference if someone wants to violate it or not. There are assholes everywhere who get off on that shit, hell some make blogs and screen sites and offer buffering services just so they can feel big and important and rub it in trackers faces because "THEY" think the rule/s is stupid or wrong (like their opinion matters at all) and think they have the right to do it since it isn't their ass on the line.

My bitch with you abybeats is you are not even a member of FTN yet you feel you should have your questions answered. What gives you the right to know anything about it? Regardless of the answers you may or may not be given, you won't believe it.

How would you like this proof to be presented? A screenshot? Well that won't work because of the obvious security issues of exposing private banking information. So exactly how would this proof be presented to where you'd finally believe it? I don't foresee any way other than a screen of the actual account, and since that isn't going to happen, now what?

Like I said originally, I like and enjoy FTN and since I have been there for a few years, I will give them the benefit of the doubt. If you want to continue on with the witch hunt by all means do so, but I have said all I am going to say about this topic now as I am just repeating myself anyway (and honestly so are you).

We can agree to disagree.. cause this is getting pointless.

J-dye
05-13-2010, 09:54 AM
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/619/449pxakhenatenwithbluec.jpg

A
05-13-2010, 10:09 AM
My bitch with you abybeats is you are not even a member of FTN yet you feel you should have your questions answered. What gives you the right to know anything about it? Regardless of the answers you may or may not be given, you won't believe it.
Dude,are you completely blind?If you dont have any intention of reading the thread dont bother commenting in it for gods sake.

I dont want to see anything nor am I interested in the least bit in ftn or what they do.

And my problem with you is comments like you made earlier.It is funny for you when people who complaint still keep their membership in the certain tracker.It is funny for you when non members ask something about the tracker and it is funny for you when a banned/disabled members complaint or ask questions.So what are you getting at?

What? Do you mean make rules like don't post our screens anywhere? Or, don't share accounts or our (dot) torrent files with anyone? Or, don't trade/sell accounts/invites? lol Yeah, those rules work well... like that would make any bit of difference if someone wants to violate it or not. There are assholes everywhere who get off on that shit, hell some make blogs and screen sites and offer buffering services just so they can feel big and important and rub it in trackers faces because "THEY" think the rule/s is stupid or wrong (like their opinion matters at all) and think they have the right to do it since it isn't their ass on the line.
Do you even care to read?

You you dont want other people to talk?start a tracker with the rule "Rule#1: Dont talk anything about the tracker".And then you can ban people for speaking up.
also add,"members,non members,disabled/banned members cant complaint"

lol87
05-13-2010, 12:40 PM
FTN is the one to blame, if they go down due to economical problems. FTN has always been a site with strict access, so it is impossible for new users to enter. And even more impossible for new users to help by donation.

If I was a member of FTN, I'd happy to donate money. Too bad for FTN, they prefer to have a small member society.

Ectr0bIL3
05-13-2010, 12:45 PM
what level is ftn ?

Detale
05-13-2010, 02:01 PM
My arguments was clear in this thread,and I didnt say the above either.Dear lord in heaven, Abby you said "it is "libelous and irresponsible to say the least." on the part of FTN." YES YOU SAID THAT. When someone is being libelous they are defaming someone else, so you in fact DID say that even if you didn't know what the word meant.
li·bel·ous also li·bel·lous (lhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/imacr.gifhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifbhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gif-lhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gifs)adj. Involving or constituting a libel; defamatory.

Maybe you think your point was clear but I assure you it isn't, you come off as feeling owed an explanation and yet your not a member of the site. you keep arguing moot points when the overall is simple. They can do as they wish, like it or not, agree or not. Their site their rules. Simple.

Man,seriously if you dont understand why I put in the IRC convo.leave it.I am not going to quote for you again.
I do understand why you did it, I'm trying to let you know that it proves nothing, that it's a useless piece of info with no basis for anything.

Point out the allegations I made please.Thanks.

You said they were "libelous and irresponsible" for one.

You keep saying that "questioning" isn't allowed blag blah, but it's YOU who are missing the point here. It's not questioning that's the problem here. It's the accusations without any proof to back it up. The early posts in this thread are just shit talking not questioning anything

"Grab money from donations and close site. Just like every other tracker"
"Let it die prick.Brandon and FTN scam of torrent world. "
"ahh FTN begging money again, been there seen that "

There's my problem, idiots posting nonsense. They're not simply asking what happened or how it happened, they are making clear accusations and YOU are coming to their aid on the subject. Where are they defending YOU here? Think about it

anon
05-13-2010, 02:11 PM
what level is ftn ?

Check the WTO table.

A
05-13-2010, 02:23 PM
There's my problem, idiots posting nonsense. They're not simply asking what happened or how it happened, they are making clear accusations and YOU are coming to their aid on the subject.
I am not coming to the aid for anyone.All I am saying is:

You started by saying others should stop speaking if they didint know what actually was going on in FTN.I said unless/until FTN gives some sort of proof you have no right to tell others to STFU.If FTN gives proofs or not is upto them.If they decide not to,people will continue to speak what they speak.From there on it escalated where you tried to defend FTN while I tried to prove my point.The difference being you got personal while I was raising my points and arguing about the reasoning/answers why people should stop talking shit while FTN themselves are not ready to shut their mouths.I am not saying people who talk shit is the right thing to do,but without hard facts shit talking cant be stopped.There are just so many things to talk shit about when a definite answer is not given.And you dont have any rights to say to "stop shit talking" because you yourself have no proofs/reasoning to keep them quite.

You said they were "libelous and irresponsible" for one.
I apologise for that.That wasnt my intention.That came out bad.

They can do as they wish, like it or not, agree or not. Their site their rules. Simple.
That dosent stop people from discussing their methods,criticizing the methods and actions that they take.Let them do what they wish but people will keep on discussing and expressing what they like as well.

Burnsy
05-13-2010, 02:37 PM
In a kind of round about way aren't you both kinda arguing the same point but from different angles?

Aby - You are saying that all the rumour mongering will never stop until such times as FTN or a representative of FTN came out, made a statement and put all the shitty little comments being banded about to rest. I couldn't actually be bothered reading the whole thread and all of the replies by both of you, but even though I didn't see you backing up all the shite being thrown around you were saying it would always continue until someone put out the flames, so to speak... which is a valid point, like it or not.

Detale - You are saying that all the shitty little comments shouldn't be happening or coming from people who have no vested interest in the site, ie non-members, general haters etc. You also go on to say that no one from FTN should HAVE to come out and give any sorts of explanation, OR proofs as to what went on and what happened... and this is true also...

What exactly is it either of you are trying to prove on behalf of FTN or not? I think you're both just blabbering on now... :lol:

Detale
05-14-2010, 05:10 AM
...What exactly is it either of you are trying to prove on behalf of FTN or not? I think you're both just blabbering on now... :lol:
Maybe I am. My point isn't exactly for FTN but more so against the haters who decide to throw cheap shots at some of the better sites out there.

megabyteme
05-15-2010, 03:18 PM
I will stand up for FTN here.

The site had their funds frozen by Paypal at the same time they had to pay their server bills. Why should the site owner and staff- who donate their time and efforts- dig into their own pockets to cover the shortfall? They had to come up with the funds on short notice. They explained the situation to their members, and the members (who enjoy their membership enough to help out) came up with the money to keep the site open. As soon as enough money was raised, the Paypal link was removed. I know this for a fact because I clicked on the link- it was DEAD.

How could FTN have acted in any manner that was more appropriate?

2DczBKEq
05-15-2010, 03:31 PM
good

TONiC
05-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Why should the site owner and staff- who donate their time and efforts- dig into their own pockets to cover the shortfall?

You shouldn't start something you're not prepared to financially contribute to. I'm sure Brandon has a job. I'm sure he has savings. I'm sure he's benefited in the past from donations (this is true for all sites, don't let them tell you different). Users donating is not a right, or part of the agreement of using the site, and as such the site should not be dependent on it, without a back up plan.

megabyteme
05-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Why should the site owner and staff- who donate their time and efforts- dig into their own pockets to cover the shortfall?

You shouldn't start something you're not prepared to financially contribute to. I'm sure Brandon has a job. I'm sure he has savings. I'm sure he's benefited in the past from donations (this is true for all sites, don't let them tell you different). Users donating is not a right, or part of the agreement of using the site, and as such the site should not be dependent on it, without a back up plan.

The site has been running for 4 years. That is longer than most businesses last. You are incorrect in your statement/belief that members bare no responsibility in keeping a site going. Quite the contrary, without financial support NO organization can continue more than short-term. And even that length of time is based SOLELY on the generosity of its creator(s) and staff.

FTN reached a point that was unsustainable based on its current resources. They asked for help and got it. There is no controversy here outside of those who want to take pot-shots at a respected site and its owner.

Detale
05-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Why should the site owner and staff- who donate their time and efforts- dig into their own pockets to cover the shortfall? You shouldn't start something you're not prepared to financially contribute to. I'm sure Brandon has a job. I'm sure he has savings. I'm sure he's benefited in the past from donations (this is true for all sites, don't let them tell you different). Users donating is not a right, or part of the agreement of using the site, and as such the site should not be dependent on it, without a back up plan.
:slap:Jesus H Christ. What makes you so sure of these things you claim. How is it you know these peoples financial situations? The site as Mega said has been around for over 4 years as I've been a member for almost 4 years now. OK so the site needed help, haven't you ever needed some help in your life? They have managed the site all this time without something happening like this before so why is it so hard to give them the benefit of the doubt?

Burnsy
05-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Do people REALLY have nothing better to do with their time? :lol:

The site was in the shit... needed a hand... asked their members, then got the help they asked for...

imho, it takes more guts to actually ask for help than to just sit there and let the situation run away with you...

It would have been really easy to take full advantage and leave their donations link open and 'milk the generosity' of the userbase for all they were worth, but quite simply put, they didn't...

I don't see what the big deal here is at all... seems to me like some people with fuck all else worthwhile to do with their time are just opening their mouths and letting their tummy's rumble...

We all like a good 'conspiracy theory' and to hear what the latest rumours/gossip are in BT world... but isn't this old news now?

TONiC
05-15-2010, 11:51 PM
I never put into question the validity of PayPals deletion of FTNs account, merely pointing out that the user base does not have an obligation to donate for its survival. Businesses shut down everyday, because their customers have consumer freedom to buy elsewhere (or in this case to donate).

captive
05-16-2010, 01:57 PM
I never put into question the validity of PayPals deletion of FTNs account, merely pointing out that the user base does not have an obligation to donate for its survival. Businesses shut down everyday, because their customers have consumer freedom to buy elsewhere (or in this case to donate).

this is nobodys business but FTN and its users. if they wanna donate great if not then thats fine too. the community the site provides for the users, for the donations it gets is extraordinary.

DMT
05-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Ive just formatted the PC and having major difficulties signing into Squirell, any chance someone on FTN could pm me so I can sort this out>? tried to reset password but managed to lock myself out my registed email also - doh!

Much appreciated!

Or could anyone pm me the IRC details - cheers! :)

anon
05-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Or could anyone pm me the IRC details - cheers! :)

From the IRC channels sticky:

irc.darknet-irc.net
#ftn-support

DMT
05-18-2010, 07:01 AM
From the IRC channels sticky:

irc.darknet-irc.net
#ftn-support

Cheers mate, much appreciated! :)

antrax34130
06-23-2010, 06:34 PM
2010-06-23 01:30:22
Hey guys,

Just a friendly reminder that we rely on you to keep our servers and site operational. If we don't make donation costs for any month the site goes down permanently.
If you're able to help support FTN please do so. We have until 2 days before the end of each month to reach 100% before we start wiping the servers.

Thanks for those of you who've already helped this month and previous,

B

is he serious about that again?

BobFromAccounting
06-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Hey guys,

Just a friendly reminder that we rely on you to keep our servers and site operational. If we don't make donation costs for any month the site goes down permanently.
If you're able to help support FTN please do so. We have until 2 days before the end of each month to reach 100% before we start wiping the servers.

B

is he serious about that again?

Most likely, he began limiting donations at around 100% so technically they are living on a month-to-month basis. I don't think anyone should think negatively of him for asking for donations, he's obviously spent his own time and money on it, and is at the point where if the members don't want to support it he's willing to close the site down because he no longer wishes to pay from his own pockets, which is understandable.

tippertime
06-23-2010, 08:00 PM
I donated 10 euros and the donation % only went up 1%...must cost a lot more then I thought to host one of these sites....

Quarterquack
06-23-2010, 08:12 PM
I donated 10 euros and the donation % only went up 1%...must cost a lot more then I thought to host one of these sites....

and pay for axx at the level of a site like FTN/SCC. You have to remember, sites like those they can't get regular access to sites; their footprint would be too large to go unnoticed/ignored. They usually resort to running their own sites, apparently SCC runs two, even. Keeping up a torrent site might require a simple server to relay info between peers and host 10,000 threads, but costs of an actual site on the other hand are much larger to handle.

Burnsy
06-23-2010, 08:37 PM
After all is said and done... they should either have some sort of plan in place about how to take the site forward, or just graciously let it go...

It's a sad way to go down, IF it eventually happens, to be remembered as a site either fucked over by PayPal, or who couldn't get enough donations from members...

I was lucky enough to be invited there almost 3 months ago, and in that time all I've read about is donations, server costs, site closing if not enough money is forthcoming, etc etc... not what I expected from FTN at all :(

IdolEyes787
06-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Hey guys,

Bis he serious about that again?

I don't know why don't you post that on FTN and ask him?:dry:

bigdaddydude
06-24-2010, 01:20 AM
Not everything will be worth the hype that some people claim it to be.

mrnobody
06-24-2010, 01:45 AM
seems like they've made up their mind about closing tracker. it's probably just a matter of time...

hopefully everything working out good for everyone though

Burnsy
06-24-2010, 02:24 AM
seems like they've made up their mind about closing tracker. it's probably just a matter of time...

For some reason I'm starting to get that impression myself... very disconcerting, I've not been on there long at all, and it's the second time it's been 'threatened'..

tito27
06-24-2010, 02:39 AM
I think its a lie it will be come again

megabyteme
06-24-2010, 03:54 AM
Some things to ponder...

This is the 23rd, there is a week remaining before "doomsday"
The donated amount is at 66%
Instead of creating a large overage, donations were cut off at 100% last time
Most of the people who are crying, "the end is here, the end is here", did so last time.

This is not a "scam", it is just B's way of asking for people to donate before the last minute. Since the site is not keeping a reserve, this is what needs to be said.

I would recommend the site keeping a 1 month reserve so things do not become so dire on a monthly basis.

Presto
06-24-2010, 07:35 AM
It was long ago for FTN to go.

bitsman
06-24-2010, 08:36 AM
this for making a lot of donation !

megabyteme
06-24-2010, 09:46 AM
Great, a continuation of a thread where people neither think, nor read. :ermm:

mrnobody
06-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Since the site is not keeping a reserve, this is what needs to be said.

sending auto-generated friendly PM/announcement if donation isn't met like UK-T did is one thing. Whereas sending an announcement twice in a row with tone of "We have until 2 days before the end of each month to reach 100% before we start wiping the servers." is completely different.

and why is there no reserve? because paypal froze their account? i'm not doubting that...it happens all the time. but there are better ways to handle that then to limit donation to 100%

megabyteme
06-24-2010, 11:22 AM
I would recommend the site keeping a 1 month reserve so things do not become so dire on a monthly basis.

That's why I made this final line...

The tone was a bit odd/off, but I am still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. All of the negativity that forms in a thread like this cannot help a site owner get through tough times.

It is as if a certain portion of the community enjoys seeing sites fail. That's quite f'd up, if you ask me.

Burnsy
06-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Since the site is not keeping a reserve, this is what needs to be said.

sending auto-generated friendly PM/announcement if donation isn't met like UK-T did is one thing. Whereas sending an announcement twice in a row with tone of "We have until 2 days before the end of each month to reach 100% before we start wiping the servers." is completely different.

and why is there no reserve? because paypal froze their account? i'm not doubting that...it happens all the time. but there are better ways to handle that then to limit donation to 100%

I agree with this, but it also appears they just can't win...

Last month they were commended for not taking advantage of the donation drive and stopping donations at 100% so they couldn't be accused of doing an ScT and grabbing a shit load of funds...

This month they're 'to blame' for not holding a reserve and having to ask for donations... I don't envy the position the site is in tbh... seems they can't do right for doing wrong

karachidude
06-24-2010, 11:33 AM
donations at 67%,if they dont reach 100% in 4 days,they wll prolly close down and that would be sad,they usuall y got a more than 100% donations before

megabyteme
06-24-2010, 11:35 AM
I would like to know how much their monthly costs are. Is that 33% shortage $300, or $1000?

Edit- And what is the breakdown of the costs? Other sites do this and it is very reassuring. Why does a 10 euro donation only change the percentage by 1%?

Transparency does bring about greater trust.

IdolEyes787
06-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Serious question .If they don't meet costs and do shut down do I then automatically get my money back or do I have to file a claim ?
I don't mind donating to keep them on their feet even if I am passively subsidizing a bunch of ingrate other members who apparently can be bothered ( you play you pay) but I don't like the thought that the unused funds might be spent on some staffers new Playstation or something.

mrnobody
06-24-2010, 12:59 PM

I agree with this, but it also appears they just can't win...

Last month they were commended for not taking advantage of the donation drive and stopping donations at 100% so they couldn't be accused of doing an ScT and grabbing a shit load of funds...

This month they're 'to blame' for not holding a reserve and having to ask for donations... I don't envy the position the site is in tbh... seems they can't do right for doing wrong

pretty much every tracker that has a decent donation drive has been accused of stealing money. If staff chooses to listen to them dismiss something as essential as reserve fund then idk what to say.

those who were bitching about it last month were mainly trolling and were minority.those who are bitching now are bigger in number and aren't trolling.