PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 folder searching problem

Gman_Link
04-29-2010, 06:27 AM
Windows 7 bites me...

After tinkering with TuneUp Utilities, which I'm starting to get annoyed by because I can't end the process (but I fixed the problem), I somehow disabled my folder searching feature.

You know in an Explorer window you have that search box in the top right corner. I rarely use it, but nowadays, I'm compelled to use it due to the large amount of files i need to sift through in order to find a particular file.

Usually I don't index any of my files, even though doing so would increase my search speed, but I don't really care about that.
It worked before (perfectly) and it's still working right now (limited), but only when I go to a folder of various objects (basically .exe files, setups, installation files).

Any solutions?

darkstate01
04-29-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm a noob to win 7 so don't get angry if this isn't what you want.
http://www.askvg.com/folder-and-search-options-bug-in-windows-vista/
I put your requirements into google and it spat that out to me,"Windows 7 folder searching problem"

Gman_Link
04-29-2010, 10:17 PM
That's Vista, not Win 7. :/

darkstate01
04-29-2010, 10:25 PM
7 is just a hyped up vista, Thought you would have known that? Most things that work on vista work on 7 as well, Don't just dismiss it because its got a different title :), Try it then get back to us.