PDA

View Full Version : Weird But True..

Smith
10-28-2003, 12:23 AM
after watching the movie bowling 4 columbine i have come 2 a conclusion..

if you have watched it you would know that every year 11,000 ppl die from gun deaths in the us well only 150'ish ppl die in canada every year from gun deaths.

not its not like u guys have way more ppl in your country, nor do you have more guns.

what makes us so different? why do ppl in toronto leave there doors unlocked at night, even if they have been robbed 3-4 times? and ppl in the us dont?

why dont ppl go on murderous rampages in canada? we have the same tv, and video games.

what is the difference??

p.s if you havnt seen bowling 2 columbine rent it, its a very good movie, it will make you think.

bigboab
10-28-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by TheCanuk@28 October 2003 - 00:23

if you have watched it you would know that every year 11,000 ppl die from gun deaths in the us well only 150'ish ppl die in canada every year from gun deaths.

not its not like u guys have way more ppl in your country, nor do you have more guns.

what makes us so different? why do ppl in toronto leave there doors unlocked at night, even if they have been robbed 3-4 times? and ppl in the us dont?

why dont ppl go on murderous rampages in canada? we have the same tv, and video games.

what is the difference??

p.s if you havnt seen bowling 2 columbine rent it, its a very good movie, it will make you think.
It might be something to do with the weather Canuk. The hotter the weather the hotter the temper. Coupled of course with the availability of guns. Take a look at all the equatorial countries in the world. It is virtually non stop fighting. That is my theory anyway.

aserty
10-28-2003, 12:29 AM
Well, one thing is that the US does have 10 times the people of Canada, but that would only add up to 1,500 people dead each year. The reason is probably that there are less hand guns in Canada, being as they are illegal there.

Smith
10-28-2003, 12:32 AM
rong again. you dont think we have gang wars in canada? shit i can go 2 walmart in toronto and but a shot gun, and a colt. jesus, we legalized dope. theres just as much coruption.

its just the whole thing pisses me off.
what the hell is the difference??

Virtualbody1234
10-28-2003, 12:43 AM
There is a lot more that 10 times the population in the US.

You're one to bring this subjet to light, TheCanuk. You have a lot to learn. Just look at your avatar.

And "rong" is just wrong. :P

Keikan
10-28-2003, 12:45 AM
Bowling for columbine's deaths do not count but the death rate makes more sense. There's tons o' shootings in Edmonton

DarthInsinuate
10-28-2003, 12:57 AM
maybe its reputation - Americans have to look hard in front of all the other countries, and Canada has to look the Underdog that everyone roots for

Smith
10-28-2003, 01:49 AM
ya

but why did americans need 2 take over cultures and countrys 2 be free?

JONNO_CELEBS
10-28-2003, 02:00 AM
I think it's just a matter of News........where I live there are a lot of things bad happen same as the rest of the contry, but it never makes the news so Sheringham is a nice little town.........See what I'm saying, it does happen everywhere, it just gets shown more cos America like to show off (no offence)

Jonno B)

MagicNakor
10-28-2003, 02:03 AM
Last year, there were 149 killings in Canada through guns. Apparently there were "around 30,000" Americans killed in the same manner.

I can, however, assure you that the majority of people do not leave their doors unlocked. ;) And I live in a podunk mountain town.

Edit: Oh, and there were 582 homicides reported.

:ninja:

noname12
10-28-2003, 02:03 AM
Actually jonno, in the press or not, I think you'd be interested in the reports the police give out publicly showing the crime rate of each city and so on, non so far match that of america. More people die in car chases in america, then people here of violant crime :lol:

All I need to say is if you build a house on a foundation of crap, the whole thing is gonna stink ;)

JONNO_CELEBS
10-28-2003, 02:11 AM
I realise that but you see what I'm saying

And I really think this thread is going towards an anti-american flow, which is not good

You have to remember the population of America.......think about it, like Oz, the population of London is greater than the population of Australia :unsure: And they are squashed in by comparison so tempers fray.........America is squashed altogether so thing reverbarate harder than most places.

Does any of that make sense?? :blink:

Jonno B)

noname12
10-28-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@28 October 2003 - 02:11
I realise that but you see what I'm saying

And I really think this thread is going towards an anti-american flow, which is not good

You have to remember the population of America.......think about it, like Oz, the population of London is greater than the population of Australia :unsure: And they are squashed in by comparison so tempers fray.........America is squashed altogether so thing reverbarate harder than most places.

Does any of that make sense?? :blink:

Jonno B)
What? America has to much open space, they could have spared the natives and still had room to spare for chinese immigrants :lol:

Anti-America, I couldnt care less whos who, many big places dont have as much crime as America.

JONNO_CELEBS
10-28-2003, 02:37 AM
I did'nt mean America was small, I meant they are squashed in :rolleyes:

Anyway, I don't think I'm making sense, I'm ill and very tired so maybe I wont post in this thread any more :unsure:

Stay Cool

Jonno B)

hobbes
10-28-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by noname12@28 October 2003 - 03:03

All I need to say is if you build a house on a foundation of crap, the whole thing is gonna stink ;)
So why did you do it, that was not very bright.

noname12
10-28-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by hobbes+28 October 2003 - 02:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 28 October 2003 - 02:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-noname12@28 October 2003 - 03:03

So why did you do it, that is not very bright. [/b][/quote]
Meh, I didnt realise the land in america was so cheap. Learnt my lesson now, england maybe more expensive but nice, sound foundations :)

Spindulik
10-28-2003, 02:45 AM
I live in northern USA and the crime rate is lower in the winter time here. Also there are a lot of non-white people here, and those people hate the cold and are less likely to commit crimes. But in the summer, all hell breaks loose&#33;

hobbes
10-28-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by noname12+28 October 2003 - 03:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (noname12 &#064; 28 October 2003 - 03:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by hobbes@28 October 2003 - 02:38
<!--QuoteBegin-noname12@28 October 2003 - 03:03

So why did you do it, that is not very bright.
Meh, I didnt realise the land in america was so cheap. Learnt my lesson now, england maybe more expensive but nice, sound foundations :)[/b][/quote]
But you live in Israel? Certainly your house was built there, or are you currently living outdoors? Surely, that cannot be good for your PC.

I find it ironic that America contains more Jews than Israel, how do you figure that?

noname12
10-28-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by hobbes+28 October 2003 - 02:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 28 October 2003 - 02:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by noname12@28 October 2003 - 03:40

Originally posted by hobbes@28 October 2003 - 02:38
<!--QuoteBegin-noname12@28 October 2003 - 03:03

So why did you do it, that is not very bright.
Meh, I didnt realise the land in america was so cheap. Learnt my lesson now, england maybe more expensive but nice, sound foundations :)
But you live in Israel? Certainly your house was built there, or are you currently living outdoors? Surely, that cannot be good for your PC.

I find it ironic that America contains more Jews than Israel, how do you figure that? [/b][/quote]
I dont Live in Israel I would have thought that was obvious to you by now :lol: look at my local time, that should make it simple for you.

More jews in America then Israel. Well I am one to always laugh at my self so, I guess it has something to do with the cheap land, and the fact America loves my people :) :lol:

hobbes
10-28-2003, 03:05 AM
Best of luck in England, we really cherished your visit. Your local time is listed as 3:05, not very reliable on this board. Please don&#39;t take Jonathon Stewart with you, he is too funny.

noname12
10-28-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@28 October 2003 - 03:05
Best of luck in England, we really cherished your visit. Your local time is listed as 3:05, not very reliable on this board.
Visit :blink: I&#39;ve been round the mid east, been to france, now in england, but never America.... hmmmm... Maybe I sleep walked over the atlantic? well I hope I was pleasant.

huuramis
10-28-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by TheCanuk@28 October 2003 - 08:23

if you have watched it you would know that every year 11,000 ppl die from gun deaths in the us well only 150&#39;ish ppl die in canada every year from gun deaths.

what is the difference??

ahaha, i posted so many times that i hate americans.
seing that documentry made me hate em even more :D.

and, it seems most us residents are in denial about that documentry, the seem to think its not real, and that its a fake..

lol, simple fact >> americans hate canadians because canadians arent all mentally ill like them.

( i hate canadian accent :P )

AussieSheila
10-28-2003, 03:10 AM
Since Australia introduced tough new gun laws the rate of gun-related crimes has dropped dramatically. The problem with America is it seems to be more unusual to not own a gun than to have one. How many of those gun-related deaths were children playing with thier parents guns?

Here&#39;s a summary of Australia&#39;s gun laws by Veronica Rose.

The act:

1. bans the use and possession of automatic guns and self-loading rifles and shotguns;

2. with certain exceptions, requires anyone who owns a gun to get a license and anyone acquiring a gun to get a permit;

3. requires license applicants to establish "genuine reasons," and license and permit applicants to be deemed "fit and proper," to acquire and possess guns and meet other criteria;

4. allows a licensee to use a gun only for the reason it was licensed;

5. requires people to register their guns in a national computerized database; makes it illegal to sell, buy, have, or use unregistered guns; and allows gun sales and transfers only through licensed gun dealers;

6. allows the gun registrar to prohibit unfit people from possessing guns;

7. allows the registrar, after an investigation, to cancel a license or permit in response to a civilian complaint;

8. allows doctors to inform the registrar of any patient whose medical condition makes him unfit to possess guns;

9. sets minimum gun storage standards; and

10. allows police officers to seize, with or without warrants, guns they believe are stored unsafely or connected with violations.

The act exempts, among others, police officers, members of the military and cadet corps, prison officers performing their duties, and diplomats and consular officers with appropriate written approval. It allows aggrieved parties to appeal to an administrative appeals tribunal.

GUN LAWS IN AUSTRALIA (http://www.cga.state.ct.us/ps99/rpt/olr/htm/99-r-0824.htm)

There&#39;s more information there if you&#39;re interested. The Australian Government is currently working on law reform for handguns.

Australia is still a relatively safe place to live although we don&#39;t feel as secure as we used to but that has nothing to do with ownership of guns.

Less guns = less deaths. It&#39;s easy really.

B)

huuramis
10-28-2003, 03:14 AM
yeah less guns = less deaths. i agree.

although it would be cool to run around shooting people with a gun everyonce in a while. bring some spice into my life. :D

AussieSheila
10-28-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by huuramis@28 October 2003 - 13:14
yeah less guns = less deaths. i agree.

although it would be cool to run around shooting people with a gun everyonce in a while. bring some spice into my life. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You&#39;re a cheeky bugger&#33; Here ya go. http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/spam_laser.gif

;) Knock yourself out&#33; :D

huuramis
10-28-2003, 03:29 AM
i wonder if canadian snow taste more better then amercan snow ? hmmmm

TO THE SNOW FACTORY&#33;

... :blink: ...

quiksilver_aus
10-28-2003, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by huuramis@27 October 2003 - 22:29
i wonder if canadian snow taste more better then amercan snow ? hmmmm

TO THE SNOW FACTORY&#33;

why r u always hungry? i have an idea: put your bottom lip over your head and swallow :-)

huuramis
10-28-2003, 04:17 AM
i dont understand&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

:blink:

ScotchGuy
10-28-2003, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by huuramis+27 October 2003 - 19:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (huuramis &#064; 27 October 2003 - 19:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheCanuk@28 October 2003 - 08:23

if you have watched it you would know that every year 11,000 ppl die from gun deaths in the us well only 150&#39;ish ppl die in canada every year from gun deaths.

what is the difference??

and, it seems most us residents are in denial about that documentry, the seem to think its not real, and that its a fake..

lol, simple fact >> americans hate canadians because canadians arent all mentally ill like them.

( i hate canadian accent :P ) [/b][/quote]
You don&#39;t even have a right to hate Americans, if anything every person everywhere, inlcuding you parents should wish you were dead. Give me one reason why you dislike Americans. Twat.

You&#39;re an insanely stupid person and should die. You&#39;re the very epitome of ignorant. You&#39;re the quintessential pre-teen fuckstick.

Just because some fat moron, aka Michael Moore made a documentary full of one sided arguments doesn&#39;t make it a fact, and doesn&#39;t make it real. Get that through your thick skull. Try living here first, then form a valid opinion.

You can&#39;t state one of your terrible opinions and try to pass it off as a fact. I&#39;m American and I love Canada and Canadians. Canada is a great place to live and visit, and the people are quite friendly.

So all Americans are mentally ill eh? I&#39;d like to see you say that face to face with an actual American, or to an American who lives in a little place we call Compton. You would be dead in two seconds, and the world would be better for it.

I hope you die a painful death, either that or lose some ignorance.

ScotchGuy
10-28-2003, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by huuramis@27 October 2003 - 20:17
i dont understand&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

:blink:
That&#39;s the story of your life.

Busyman
10-28-2003, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by huuramis+28 October 2003 - 03:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (huuramis @ 28 October 2003 - 03:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheCanuk@28 October 2003 - 08:23

what is the difference??

( i hate canadian accent :P ) [/b][/quote]
Hu(uranus) you are a fucking pussy. You hate us huh. You are one jealous little kid bitch. Angry cause you don&#39;t have what we have or cause your mom won&#39;t give it to ya? Still looking for Onegai Twins you pervert fuck? Go back to your hovel in "whatsit&#39;sfuckthirdworldcountry" your&#39;re in.

By the way I like Canada and have friends there. Somuma Bitch&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hate is a real strong word. I don&#39;t hate Muslims even though the most terrorist act committed here was by so called Muslims.
Hate is what you would be shown talking dat bullshit.
Where are you from anyway? Syria?
Dumb fuck you watched a movie and think that&#39;s what it&#39;s like here?

Youuusss a stuuuuuuuuupid fuuuucker
(say it with a white country accent)

Yogi
10-28-2003, 09:55 AM
So all Americans are mentally ill eh? I&#39;d like to see you say that face to face with an actual American, or to an American who lives in a little place we call Compton. You would be dead in two seconds, and the world would be better for it.

I hope you die a painful death, either that or lose some ignorance :blink: .

What is America??

Where is that??

It&#39;s a very small village in the south of Holland........

And you talk of ignorance??

I mean: What&#39;s an actual American??

Hispanic, Latino, Afro-American, Italian, Irish, French, Dutch............???

Answer: A Native Indian is the only real actual American.

And you Real Americans knew what to do with them.......

Maybe "mentally ill" stands for Multiple Nationality Disorder???

Or Displaced Superiority Disorder???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:P Yogi

ljossberir
10-28-2003, 11:32 AM
Geez... seems like every forum I go to in every other thread I visit, an anti america rant goes on - nice to know how you all feel :(
Anyways, I live on long island (about 30 min west of New York city) and I can tell you that practically no one here owns a gun. I guess it really depends on what part of the country you&#39;re from, down south and southwest there are more gun owners. Here in New York it&#39;s hard as hell to get a gun. The only way to get a gun really is if you&#39;re lucky enough to know an illegal seller (which few are, really..) Legally it&#39;s hard to obtain a gun, and even harder to avoid being in trouble whenever someone fires a gun off (police usually check who own guns in the neighborhood legally, and few do) I live in a pretty bustling suburban town of about 50,000 and I don&#39;t remember ever seeing a gun, hearing a shot, or even hearing about a murder in my town in the 21 years I&#39;ve been here. Maybe America&#39;s gun laws are wrong, maybe they&#39;re not.

I&#39;ll tell ya one thing though, I&#39;m not at all jealous of Canadians like some of you say, I&#39;m glad I live here. I mean, I respect Canadians and all, and I&#39;ve visited and it&#39;s OK but I didn&#39;t nearly enjoy it as much as my country. I don&#39;t know why many of the people in countries that are typically our ally hate us blatantly, but I think it&#39;s wrong... I mean, I don&#39;t hate you. No matter where you come from. As far as our foreign policy goes, we do what we think is right, generally. If you don&#39;t like it, then OK but I don&#39;t see it as a reason to hate every US citizen, who has never even met you. I don&#39;t come out here and say things like I hate all saudis and all afghanis even though some of them did what they did... because, not every person in those nations supported what was done, I&#39;m not going to make a blatant statement of bigotry like some of you have, I just don&#39;t feel the need.

Although obviously before and after the war, the majority of Iraqis hated the US and what it stood for, back when the war in Iraq was starting (which I slightly opposed), many Americans were conciencious objectors who went to Iraq as "human shields" because they didn&#39;t believe in the war. I saw people wearing shirts like "We love the Iraqi children". Though I don&#39;t have enough exposure to claim this without a doubt, I haven&#39;t heard a similar idea from any of the countries we believe support terrorism. So, I just don&#39;t think it&#39;s common sense, this view that all americans are "bloodthirsty", or whatever.

I despise french foreign policy, but still I don&#39;t come here on these boards looking to bash the french, so why do people have to do the reverse? The vast majority of Americans respect countries like France and the French people, we&#39;ve even shed blood with them - I can&#39;t think of a more enduring tie that would instill respect. But, I&#39;ve seen so many french articles and talked to many french people online who have an immediate angry and negative reaction when they find out you are American.

Granted, these things may be just attributed to the ignorant few of a respective nation. Obviously America has those types of ignorant people, too. No one is without those people. Sometimes ours are more flamboyant, or maybe they ever represent a greater portion of the country than the average. Still, all I&#39;m saying is stop the hate and respect people for who they are... that&#39;s the important thing.

huuramis
10-28-2003, 11:45 AM
lolol

i cant hate who ever i wanna hate, i dont even need a reason, esspecially from some retard that i only know threw a forum.

you have no rite to tell me i cant eat american snow&#33; if i wanna eat it i will&#33; its mine&#33;

Yogi
10-28-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by ljossberir@28 October 2003 - 12:32
Geez... seems like every forum I go to in every other thread I visit, an anti america rant goes on - nice to know how you all feel&nbsp; :(
Anyways, I live on long island (about 30 min west of New York city) and I can tell you that practically no one here owns a gun. I guess it really depends on what part of the country you&#39;re from, down south and southwest there are more gun owners. Here in New York it&#39;s hard as hell to get a gun. The only way to get a gun really is if you&#39;re lucky enough to know an illegal seller (which few are, really..) Legally it&#39;s hard to obtain a gun, and even harder to avoid being in trouble whenever someone fires a gun off (police usually check who own guns in the neighborhood legally, and few do) I live in a pretty bustling suburban town of about 50,000 and I don&#39;t remember ever seeing a gun, hearing a shot, or even hearing about a murder in my town in the 21 years I&#39;ve been here. Maybe America&#39;s gun laws are wrong, maybe they&#39;re not.

I&#39;ll tell ya one thing though, I&#39;m not at all jealous of Canadians like some of you say, I&#39;m glad I live here. I mean, I respect Canadians and all, and I&#39;ve visited and it&#39;s OK but I didn&#39;t nearly enjoy it as much as my country. I don&#39;t know why many of the people in countries that are typically our ally hate us blatantly, but I think it&#39;s wrong... I mean, I don&#39;t hate you. No matter where you come from. As far as our foreign policy goes, we do what we think is right, generally. If you don&#39;t like it, then OK but I don&#39;t see it as a reason to hate every US citizen, who has never even met you. I don&#39;t come out here and say things like I hate all saudis and all afghanis even though some of them did what they did... because, not every person in those nations supported what was done, I&#39;m not going to make a blatant statement of bigotry like some of you have, I just don&#39;t feel the need.

Although obviously before and after the war, the majority of Iraqis hated the US and what it stood for, back when the war in Iraq was starting (which I slightly opposed), many Americans were conciencious objectors who went to Iraq as "human shields" because they didn&#39;t believe in the war. I saw people wearing shirts like "We love the Iraqi children". Though I don&#39;t have enough exposure to claim this without a doubt, I haven&#39;t heard a similar idea from any of the countries we believe support terrorism. So, I just don&#39;t think it&#39;s common sense, this view that all americans are "bloodthirsty", or whatever.

I despise french foreign policy, but still I don&#39;t come here on these boards looking to bash the french, so why do people have to do the reverse? The vast majority of Americans respect countries like France and the French people, we&#39;ve even shed blood with them - I can&#39;t think of a more enduring tie that would instill respect. But, I&#39;ve seen so many french articles and talked to many french people online who have an immediate angry and negative reaction when they find out you are American.

Granted, these things may be just attributed to the ignorant few of a respective nation. Obviously America has those types of ignorant people, too. No one is without those people. Sometimes ours are more flamboyant, or maybe they ever represent a greater portion of the country than the average. Still, all I&#39;m saying is stop the hate and respect people for who they are... that&#39;s the important thing.
Just to set the record straight:

I don&#39;t hate America.
(not any country, btw.)

I even couldn&#39;t think of a person i hate.

Hatred is a destructive emotion, covering the incapability to cope with someone.

My ironic remarks were ment for scotchguy; though i shouldn&#39;t have.....

His text is enough to make a fool of himself.

As for ignorance.....
I&#39;ve been all around the world and i&#39;m sorry to say this to you, but in your country i met the most ignorant.......
(ahhh, you&#39;re from holland&#33;&#33; Isn&#39;t that the capitol of Kopenhagen??....)
But then again, also the most friendly......(not true: most friendly people:Turkish.....)

B) Yogi

Evil Gemini
10-28-2003, 12:40 PM
Still looking for Onegai Twins you pervert fuck?

Man you guys are full of shit.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
10-28-2003, 01:07 PM
http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/jump1.gifLets start a Quote Train so we can end this Thread.Alllll Aboard&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/jump1.gif

Evil Gemini
10-28-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by ljossberir@28 October 2003 - 12:32
Geez... seems like every forum I go to in every other thread I visit, an anti america rant goes on - nice to know how you all feel :(

Yeah ok

Yogi
10-28-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by neattairoski+28 October 2003 - 14:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (neattairoski @ 28 October 2003 - 14:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ljossberir@28 October 2003 - 12:32
Geez... seems like every forum I go to in every other thread I visit, an anti america rant goes on - nice to know how you all feel&nbsp; :(

Yeah ok [/b][/quote]
What okay??

Evil Gemini
10-28-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by SensualGardening+28 October 2003 - 14:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SensualGardening @ 28 October 2003 - 14:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by neattairoski@28 October 2003 - 14:09
<!--QuoteBegin-ljossberir@28 October 2003 - 12:32

Yeah ok
What okay?? [/b][/quote]

Lets start a Quote Train so we can end this Thread.Alllll Aboard&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

OK to that

Riddler
10-28-2003, 01:54 PM
I&#39;m a bit late noticing this thread, so forgive my two cents worth if you will. ;)

For the record; I&#39;m Canadian, I saw the movie, was deeply disturbed by a lot of it.
Having said that, one should keep in my mind that Micheal Moore is a ( relatively successful ) publicity hound and as a by-product of that, shines a spotlight on truths, half-truths, myths and outright lies. Sometimes his efforts serve some greater function and sometimes they serve to gain him more notoriety. As disturbing as it was to hear the figures and see banks giving away guns with new accounts and K-Mart selling ammo to just about anyone and Dick Clark brush Moore aside when confronted about a shooting incident ( which was tied into his involvment in the " work-for-welfare " program ) I have to say that the most disturbing image was that of Moore barely containing his glee when Charlton Heston realized he&#39;d been had. Don&#39;t get me wrong, I have no particular respect or affinity for this man who, at some point in his life, was led to believe that being the mouthpiece for the NRA would be a good thing. However, Heston is now a frail, old, alzheimer&#39;s-stricken shell of what he once was and you have to know he doesn&#39;t utter a word on stage at those rallys that hasn&#39;t been fed through his earpiece or displayed on a prompter. Moore&#39;s shameless hunting down, deceiving, cornering and filletting of this old man was no less shocking than the images of those armed kids at Columbine terrorizing the students. Moore may as well have blown away a rabbit with an Uzi and stood over the carcass for a photo.
Just my opinion. B)

Evil Gemini
10-28-2003, 02:20 PM
Moore&#39;s shameless hunting down, deceiving, cornering and filletting of this old man was no less shocking than the images of those armed kids at Columbine terrorizing the students

The reason he done that is because he was pissed of because he whent to the places where them shootings accured so fast.

Like WTF was he trying to say ??

IMO the reason America is so out of control with shootings is because of their history. Im pretty sure Australia would be like America if the gun laws were the same as in America

Its their history im sure of it.

Australia and America was "found" the same way and the same things when on with the slavery.

They are an agressive people and when they want something they take it.

Just like the moon race. I believe it was fake because they just wanted an american to reach the moon before anyone else did.

So they faked a moon landing to trick the world into thinking America won the race.

DarthInsinuate
10-28-2003, 02:27 PM
Thinking about it Bowling for Columbine isn&#39;t an attack on America, it&#39;s an attack on the corporations - all Micheal Moore&#39;s books/documentaries have the theme of corporations being big, evil, soulless, money-vampires

He just uses the title Bowling for Columbine to give a sense of tragedy, there&#39;s only about 15 minutes of film directly related to Columbine - actually you can say the same thing about guns in the film, most of the movie is about corporate America (like Lockheed, Wal-mart, the mass-media, the government)

Riddler
10-28-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by neattairoski@28 October 2003 - 07:20

The reason he done that is because he was pissed of because he whent to the places where them shootings accured so fast.

Like WTF was he trying to say ??

I agree that showing up at those locations was tactless but understand that Heston&#39;s handlers put him on a plane, show him where to stand and tell him what to say.........I&#39;d be surprised if the guy even knew what city he was in. Moore&#39;s target should have been the policy-makers of the NRA, not the famous face they put on stage to recite their lines.
:)

oldmancan
10-28-2003, 05:33 PM
Did ya hear about Charleton Heston&#39;s new TV series? The "Cartridge Family".

ang3r
10-28-2003, 05:38 PM
its a simple fact people.

either americans are just born mentaly ill, or there is just to many guns being accessed so easily.

j2k4
10-28-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by ang3r@28 October 2003 - 12:38
its a simple fact people.

either americans are just born mentaly ill, or there is just to many guns being accessed so easily.
In light of these "facts", why would anyone want to immigrate, legally or otherwise, to the U.S.?

I&#39;m well and truly stumped- :huh:

Riddler
10-28-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by oldmancan@28 October 2003 - 10:33
Did ya hear about Charleton Heston&#39;s new TV series? The "Cartridge Family".
:rolleyes:
:lol:

Smith
10-29-2003, 12:55 AM
think about this... count all the friendlys the us has killed while over in the other countrys they bomb.

seriously. alot of ppl dont lock their doors. i use 2 live in trornto right in the middle of it.

is it that were just not afraid of each other??

Evil Gemini
10-29-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by TheCanuk@29 October 2003 - 01:55
think about this... count all the friendlys the us has killed while over in the other countrys they bomb.

seriously. alot of ppl dont lock their doors. i use 2 live in trornto right in the middle of it.

is it that were just not afraid of each other??
Yeah well if i knew my neighbor had an M16 in his house ofcourse i would be scared.

Thats why they get guns. To protect themselves from others with guns

Smith
10-30-2003, 10:42 PM
ya so we canadians own many guns. but yet were not scared