PDA

View Full Version : (maximizing) DDL reward points

rockwell
04-29-2010, 05:53 PM
To all you reward point earners: have you found blindly sharing 0-day film/tv/game releases gets the most traffic, or hand-picking popular releases (eg. Dark Knight HD, the whole season of Sopranos, etc,)? I haven't posted enough to be sure yet. Wondering what all your experiences are.

rockwell.

Skiz
04-29-2010, 05:55 PM
What? :huh:

rockwell
04-29-2010, 06:00 PM

Some uploaders will post anything that's new. Some will hand-pick-upload things they think will be popular, eg. Sopranos Seasons 1-6 DVDRip, some will do both. I'm wondering if uploaders have experienced more download traffic from basically blind 0-day uploading versus hand-picking material they think a lot of people will want to download, regardless of release age.

anon
04-29-2010, 06:28 PM

I guess he's referring to gaining Rapidshare points by uploading stuff there (and posting the links on Warez boards) :)

Skiz
04-29-2010, 06:47 PM

I guess he's referring to gaining Rapidshare points by uploading stuff there (and posting the links on Warez boards) :)

Oh.

So what are DDL points?

anon
04-29-2010, 06:53 PM
So what are DDL points?

You get them when people download your files. Rapidshare has a per-hour cap, of I think 3 points. When you reach a certain amount (typically in the three to five, or even ten thousand region), you can trade it for a Premium account, and enjoy the privileges that come with one, at least for a while - and succeeding at making your links visible on Warez forums with massive amounts of users is pratically guaranteeing you'll get the maximum amount of points every hour.

sez
04-29-2010, 08:05 PM
When I used to do it,0day proved most useful in the 1st 24hrs,if you could start spreading your links like 10 mins after pre you'd easily get to 10,000 points by the end of the day especially with popular TV shows.Long term?they won't help you.They'll most likely have been deleted coz in your hurry,you most likely ftpd your links and didn't code them.
What keeps on giving are games,albums and HD all well coded and protected.Shame it's only germans that appear to have fully grasped this concept of link protection.Don't protect 0day though.

rockwell
04-29-2010, 08:52 PM
So what are DDL points?

Rapidshare has a per-hour cap, of I think 3 points.

Whoah, I've never heard of time-based point-capping before. I won't be using RS anymore anyway (unless they reverse field on their no-money-rewards policy). Do you know if the other DDL services (eg. Megaupload, Depositefiles, Hotfile) do a per-hour point capping too anon-sbi?

When I used to do it,0day proved most useful in the 1st 24hrs,if you could start spreading your links like 10 mins after pre you'd easily get to 10,000 points by the end of the day especially with popular TV shows.Long term?they won't help you.They'll most likely have been deleted coz in your hurry,you most likely ftpd your links and didn't code them.
What keeps on giving are games,albums and HD all well coded and protected.Shame it's only germans that appear to have fully grasped this concept of link protection.Don't protect 0day though.

Thanks, that's helpful to know. A user can't highlight and grab a mess of DDL links and throw them in, say, JDownloader though if you protect (eg. anon.to right?) all your links, right? Doesn't link protection cause a person to one-by-one click on each link and follow it to the DDL server?

anon
04-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Do you know if the other DDL services (eg. Megaupload, Depositefiles, Hotfile) do a per-hour point capping too Skiz?

I take it you want to ask me and got the wrong nickname? :lol:

If so, I couldn't really tell you about that. :(

Thanks, that's helpful to know. A user can't highlight and grab a mess of DDL links and throw them in, say, JDownloader though if you protect (eg. anon.to right?) all your links, right? Doesn't link protection cause a person to one-by-one click on each link and follow it to the DDL server?

I don't know about jD or anon.to, but just for the record, RDesc can automatically get the real links out Lix.in-protected ones.

rockwell
04-29-2010, 09:20 PM
I take it you want to ask me and got the wrong nickname? :lol:

Yeah, I caught that right after sending, but had to keep refreshing the thread because my messages have to be checked by a mod before they get posted. heheh..

I'll have to contact the DDL services and see what they have to say about this.

Sonnentier
04-30-2010, 10:09 PM
@Skiz

These points count for downloads that are done through the service. It's a marketing
strategy - give uploaders an incentive to make your service more popular.

More users -> more memberships, so as long as you aren't shut down (http://torrentfreak.com/perfect-10-v-rapidshare-goes-ahead-next-month-in-u-s-court-100419/), it's good business :lol: