PDA

View Full Version : Compare these trackers for me.

AvailableName
05-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Compare these trackers for me.

Between these two TV trackers, which do you guys prefer? PtP vs goem?

If I were to get access to hdbits, then would I have a need for bit-hdtv?

1000possibleclaws
05-01-2010, 01:54 AM
TV: any 0day/general tracker big enough to have well seeded season packs
Movies: Goem
HD: HDbits.org, obviously

Why compare those specific trackers, if they ain't the best options? :/

edit: As for the edit, you only need 1 0day tracker. You will eventually realize this. The only reason to have more than 1 is to have a 'backup', cause mine seem to be dropping like flies these days. For me that essential one would be FTN, cause I'm not wasting my money on a connection with a fast upload speed, but my download speed still needs to be maxed, and this site is awesome for that.

cinephilia
05-01-2010, 01:56 AM
compare these trackers for me; quote this and choose the winner; pick two-three 0-Day or Scene site that is a must have
go play elsewhere, that's not a fucking game.

AvailableName
05-01-2010, 02:47 AM
TV: any 0day/general tracker big enough to have well seeded season packs
Movies: Goem
HD: HDbits.org, obviously

Why compare those specific trackers, if they ain't the best options? :/

edit: As for the edit, you only need 1 0day tracker. You will eventually realize this. The only reason to have more than 1 is to have a 'backup', cause mine seem to be dropping like flies these days. For me that essential one would be FTN, cause I'm not wasting my money on a connection with a fast upload speed, but my download speed still needs to be maxed, and this site is awesome for that.

I only chose those listed because they were the only ones I knew from my limited knowledge. Matter of fact, you just technically introduced me "indirectly" to another tracker goem by mentioning its name. I will do further research on goem to see if it does better than PtP.
What's your primary 0Day tracker besides your backup FTN? In case you were wondering, I'm trying to limit my trackers so I don't have to go search and login/download to prevent each account from being pruned.

Thanks for your input. :)

compare these trackers for me; quote this and choose the winner; pick two-three 0-Day or Scene site that is a must have
go play elsewhere, that's not a fucking game.

This thread wasn't made in any intention as a game. Rather, it was made to help me eliminate my choices in tracker hunting. Maybe I worded my question wrong and if that led you to believe then I'll change it.
I would appreciate it if you can suggest something in response that can help me.
Cheers

A
05-01-2010, 09:32 AM
General/0day:IPT(IP Torrents)

NkFy
05-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Between Movies:
PtP
Between TV:
BtN

General 0-day: TorrentLeech!

IdolEyes787
05-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Compare these trackers for me.

Between Movies:
PtP vs Goem

Between TV:
BtN vs bitme.tv

Just a comparison I was curious about, and wanted the communities' input on them. If you have a better suggestion, go ahead and list it for me. Pick two-three 0-Day or Scene site that is a must have (regardless of whether you have it or not).

Nothing is a "must have" .Some are better than others but if you fall in the vast majority of bt users any 0day site have pretty much all the same main releases so why stress about it.
That said IPT seems to have ,at least to my uniformed eyes , the widest selection plus it requires very little effort to maintain a ratio on so plus/plus.

For the others( movies /TV) unless you are working on bt as a hobby/career - TVTorrents for TV and goem/Demonoid/rutracker for movies( unless you like old/foreign/offbeat movies ) .

Seriously unless you are a fanatical student of TV/film or know somebody on another site and so decide it might be worthwhile becoming actually "involved " in it I honestly don't see the need for ( in regards to scene/p2p/movies/TV) anything else.

The_Martinator
05-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Everything else has been answered already, I'm just gonna point out one thing: I too prefer Goem over PtP. Why? The quality of the movie rips there. I've DLed a few movies of PtP that looked like shit, tbh. They were rare ones (that weren't on Goem) but still, you'd expect a DVDrip to be just that, and not a youtube rip. PtP does look beter as a site and seems more organised but Goem has stepped up in the last department as of late.

Aristocles
05-01-2010, 02:49 PM
For 'TV' I have TV Vault and TV Torrentz. No help.

For broad range both temporally and content wise I have almost nothing. Well, Demonoid.

0Day, hm. IPT is what I have. I am really rather ignorant of 0Day conceptually. I cannot understand it exactly. It seems that it is about a sort of race between the infantile to get a new scene release within seconds. Bah. I don't know enough to 'say'. Frankly, it interests me just slightly more than cleaning the toilet.

If you had/have genre/style specific interests and they were simpatico with mine (film, noir, silents, etc.) then I could be more help. Sorry.

anon
05-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Pick two-three 0-Day or Scene site that is a must have (regardless of whether you have it or not).

Well, Idol already said it - they all offer pretty much the same content. Maybe some good site-specific packs or another perk here and there, but for a casual downloader it should be the same.

Now, if the question was along the lines of "if you could only keep one 0-Day tracker, which one would that be", I'd have to decide between TL, IPT or FL.ro...

AvailableName
05-02-2010, 02:26 AM
Would you guys recommend SCC, GFT or RevTT?

@anon: You seem like the person who knows these things. It's seems like TL and IPT are the favorites as I've seen that name in many other topics. Thanks :)

Tv Controls you
05-02-2010, 02:28 AM

I know everyone would disagree with me.... but Revtt is my favorite out of the three you listed.

Revtt has a nice little top 10 for the day type deal that gives you a run down of the most snatched torrents at the top.
When I am looking for a new movie I always go straight to revtt because you can ensure yourself that the best new release is in the top 10 for the day.
It's also really easy to seed on compared to scc.

Gft is ratio free, but the retention rate on their files isn't so good, but overall its a great site.

Scc has the best pretimes around and blazing speeds. Although revtt easily maxes out my connection as well.

E3DaMeX
05-02-2010, 03:50 AM
SCC. Its massive amount of freeleech mp3s, apps, and packs make it so easy to get a good ratio, and the uploaded torrents always have nice pre-times, although I could care less. xD Anyway, RevTT is nice too. Their requests are filled a lot, and I've seen some really rare movies and music uploaded, which is nice. Lastly, GFT. I'm not going to lie; I really don't like it. Sure, it's ratio-free but if you have a good connection, it's not really necessary. The packs are very disorganized. Most are pr0n too.....also not for me. I remember I tried to get a TV pack and the speeds were abysmal (around 14kb). And the retention time for the torrents isn't too hot either. Anyway, I'd pick SCC.

anon
05-02-2010, 04:11 PM

Well, let's see:
SCC has two great freeleech sections (MP3/0-Day and the archive), which you can use to buffer your account up once you join. If you're into that, the pretimes are very good as well, and there are a bunch of members with seedboxes which keep downloads speeds zippy. On the downsides, seeding non-freeleech stuff may be somewhat difficult for that same reason if you don't have a fast upload speed. Also, retention for stuff that isn't part of a pack is rather poor, and they don't track P2P releases, only Scene stuff.

GFT... never been a member, so I'll tell you what I've heard: it's ratio-free and uses a more "democratic" system for promotions (combines seeding time with the amount of snatches, if I remember correctly). Pretimes and speeds are good as well, since they have an auto-upload script (well, most sites do nowadays) as well as seedboxes. However, retention is poor.

RevTT... another great place, and the one I'd also pick from the three. They have lots of members, making speeds and retention very good, pretimes seem to be OK (I say "seem" because I don't care about pretimes at all), and they also track P2P releases, I think. A great site, and one I've used a lot back when I was relatively new to private torrenting. :)

AvailableName
05-03-2010, 02:57 AM

Well, let's see:
SCC has two great freeleech sections (MP3/0-Day and the archive), which you can use to buffer your account up once you join. If you're into that, the pretimes are very good as well, and there are a bunch of members with seedboxes which keep downloads speeds zippy. On the downsides, seeding non-freeleech stuff may be somewhat difficult for that same reason if you don't have a fast upload speed. Also, retention for stuff that isn't part of a pack is rather poor, and they don't track P2P releases, only Scene stuff.

GFT... never been a member, so I'll tell you what I've heard: it's ratio-free and uses a more "democratic" system for promotions (combines seeding time with the amount of snatches, if I remember correctly). Pretimes and speeds are good as well, since they have an auto-upload script (well, most sites do nowadays) as well as seedboxes. However, retention is poor.

RevTT... another great place, and the one I'd also pick from the three. They have lots of members, making speeds and retention very good, pretimes seem to be OK (I say "seem" because I don't care about pretimes at all), and they also track P2P releases, I think. A great site, and one I've used a lot back when I was relatively new to private torrenting. :)

Could you order these trackers from the most recommended to the least? SCC, TL, IPT and FL.ro
If that's too hard then which two would you pick definitely?
Answering both questions is even better :P

Tv Controls you
05-03-2010, 03:14 AM
Could you order these trackers from the most recommended to the least? SCC, TL, IPT and FL.ro
Answering both questions is even better

....You will be happy with scc, tl, or ipt I guarantee it....

They are all great general trackers that will easily suit your general torrenting issues.

As for Fl.ro I have never been a member there.

AvailableName
05-03-2010, 03:45 AM
Answering both questions is even better

....You will be happy with scc, tl, or ipt I guarantee it....

They are all great general trackers that will easily suit your general torrenting issues.

As for Fl.ro I have never been a member there.

Thanks for your feedback :D
I want to see if anon has FL.ro as one of his top two before I made a decision on which invite to find.

anon
05-03-2010, 01:11 PM
I want to see if anon has FL.ro as one of his top two

Indeed I do :happy: It's a great site - a Romanian TL, if you will. A very high amount of members, amazing speeds and equally awesome packs. The only bad things are that you can't sort the torrent list by seeders or leechers (only peers, which is the addition of both values), and, most important, only donors can use invites at the moment, which makes the site somewhat hard to join. If you're PU at Waffles, there's a guy with an unlimited offer, though.