PDA

View Full Version : TBy signup failure

zerulez
05-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Hi guys,

I used to be a member at TBy 2 years ago but due to inactivity of summer my account has been deleted.
Before one month I found an opening in TBy and I have tried to signup. After I failed two times ( the 1st cause of captcha and the second for the FAQ although I have read it) then the third time that I tried it shows me the classic :

Sorry, user limit reached. Please try again later..
And the weird thing was that when I was going back to the homepage and to signup again it had the procedure all over again without notifying about user limit reached.

Any ideas about what's the problem?

anon
05-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Try clearing your cookies and change your IP if possible (sometimes those error messages are actually a disguise for being temporarily IP-banned), then redo the signup procedure... don't forget to use a strong password and actually read (or at least click the links for) the FAQ and rules.

Signing up there is a pain in the ass, but you'll eventually get in :happy:

hotshot6473
05-01-2010, 07:42 PM
you have to keep trying to signup non-stop until you get an opening. TBy is always open for signup

zerulez
05-01-2010, 07:58 PM
First of all thnx for the quick reply

Try clearing your cookies and change your IP if possible (sometimes those error messages are actually a disguise for being temporarily IP-banned), then redo the signup procedure... don't forget to use a strong password and actually read (or at least click the links for) the FAQ and rules.

Signing up there is a pain in the ass, but you'll eventually get in :happy:

I know everything about TBy signup (the first time that i was a member was a big pain in the ass). But as I said the weird thing was that allthough i did everything perfect then i get the message that is full of users. And then the signup procedure was open again. And i tried once more the classic procedure (the two captcha passwords, "read" rules & FAQ) but once again after doing everything and clicking the signup button i get again to the error page of user limit reached.

you have to keep trying to signup non-stop until you get an opening. TBy is always open for signup
The last month that i've been checking the only thing that I see in TBy signup is user limit reached.

TraLaLa
05-02-2010, 05:47 AM
i just made a new account, when you will have the privileges pm me and ask for it

cinephilia
05-02-2010, 12:52 PM
as far as i know, he didn't ask for an account..

pinuk
05-02-2010, 01:00 PM
This is the second thread in recent weeks on this issue so I thought i'd do some investigating.

What country are you from? At I guess I would say your country has been banned.

Torrentbytes recently introduced a ban on certain countries signing up due to the high percentage of abusers coming from them. They have not stated exactly what countries are banned but it includes: "many old eastern europe contries,many middle east countries,many south american countries etc." as well as Swedish and Greek I.P.'s from what I can gather.

Due to this there have been reports on their forum of people getting 'user limit reached' when signing up - even though they only have 56k members and a limit of 60k. A few months ago when those bans where not in place, they had close to 60k users all the time.

TraLaLa
05-02-2010, 01:22 PM
as far as i know, he didn't ask for an account..

i know you have some invites :dry: invite him

cinephilia
05-02-2010, 01:51 PM
i'm not even a member :ermm:

TraLaLa
05-02-2010, 02:16 PM
your lost, they have some great packs

cinephilia
05-02-2010, 02:24 PM
i'm into bt for the community :whistling

TraLaLa
05-02-2010, 02:30 PM
sure, we all are :) btw i think its one of the oldest trackers out there

pinuk
05-02-2010, 04:08 PM
sure, we all are :) btw i think its one of the oldest trackers out there

It is. It came from the ashes of TorrentBits, the code for which is the basis of many of the trackers alive today.

anon
05-02-2010, 04:16 PM
i know you have some invites :dry: invite him

TB doesn't have an invite system :lol:

TraLaLa
05-02-2010, 04:20 PM
exactly my point

zerulez
05-02-2010, 07:10 PM
This is the second thread in recent weeks on this issue so I thought i'd do some investigating.

What country are you from? At I guess I would say your country has been banned.

Torrentbytes recently introduced a ban on certain countries signing up due to the high percentage of abusers coming from them. They have not stated exactly what countries are banned but it includes: "many old eastern europe contries,many middle east countries,many south american countries etc." as well as Swedish and Greek I.P.'s from what I can gather.

Due to this there have been reports on their forum of people getting 'user limit reached' when signing up - even though they only have 56k members and a limit of 60k. A few months ago when those bans where not in place, they had close to 60k users all the time.
From when does the TBy has a ban for Sweden or Greece? I'm from Greece but i didn't know that there was a ban. When i was a member in TBy i remember that they have many members from Sweden and Greece.

And that's why i was wondering about why ice10ufo made an account when at the same time TBy get's me to the error page.

Thnx for your time pal!

@ice10ufo

Thnx for your time and the offer but I don't need it so much. I was just curious why I had this problem with the signup. Give it to somebody else.

TraLaLa
05-02-2010, 07:35 PM
i will give it to cinephilia or not :P

cinephilia
05-02-2010, 07:59 PM
sorry but it's a no; TBy has no trade value :no:

That1Guy
05-02-2010, 08:25 PM
hehe, I dont care what anyone says. tby is the hardest tracker to get in to because of that damn sign up process.

TraLaLa
05-02-2010, 08:28 PM
if you have some patience you get in easy

cinephilia i trade it for that secret tracker, just dont tell anyone about it :bleh:

pinuk
05-02-2010, 10:12 PM
From when does the TBy has a ban for Sweden or Greece? I'm from Greece but i didn't know that there was a ban. When i was a member in TBy i remember that they have many members from Sweden and Greece.

And that's why i was wondering about why ice10ufo made an account when at the same time TBy get's me to the error page.

Thnx for your time pal!

As there was no official announcement (well not one that I can find anyway) it is difficult to tell. However, it seems that it started around the end of March/beginning of April.

You are right though, the site has more Swedish members than any other nationality by far yet new signups from Sweden are banned. Which seems a bit odd. There are many users from Greece too.

Current users from banned countries are ok., it's just new signups that are banned.

Seems this has had a major effect on their user numbers which have dropped approx 5,000 in the last month or so.

zerulez
05-18-2010, 02:16 AM
Is there a list with the banned countries for TBy and other torrent sites?
I have done a search in the forum but i didn't find anything...

cinephilia
05-18-2010, 02:20 AM
actually, you just had to type "banned countries" in the search box.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-banned-or-restricted-countries-from-trackers-327335

zerulez
05-18-2010, 02:23 AM
Thnx for the help.
I typed it but probably i missed the title...:blink:

anon
05-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Google can help. It'll find the thread even if you don't use the exact words. For example:
http://scroogle.org/cgi-bin/nbbw.cgi?Gw=blocked+countries+site:filesharingtalk.com

zerulez
05-18-2010, 12:08 PM
I have searched google and the site but i didn't find anything about Greece or Sweden being on the banned list except the posts of pinuk.

And I was wondering something else...
The ban is on only for new members (signups)? If I create an account from another country (for example Holland) then I could use this account from my country that it is banned?

pinuk
05-18-2010, 06:39 PM
I have only read about this in a thread in the TorrentBytes forum. It's not even in a thread about banned countries but one about why their number of active users is falling. Last time I looked there was no official list.

The ban is for new signups only - anyone already registered is ok. So as far as I am aware you can sign up in another country and use it from your country.