PDA

View Full Version : "server busy switch to" error pop up

kisianik
05-02-2010, 09:08 PM
I am stuck with this problem for 2 weeks.
Description. After I connect my external USB HDD separated into into 3 logical partitions (total 1 TB) and autoplay starts reading this HDD this pop up appears "server busy switch to retry", next, autoplay stops, usually after reading 1 partition, PC becomes unresponsive, and I can turn it off by power button only. I know for fact that this my external HDD is the problem, because I did complete restore using Acronis to 1 month back (so no viruses malaware and such, and any new installations and upgrades can be blamed). Also, I attempted to connect this HDD to my backup PC and the same thing is happened. So, I tried with XP Home SP2 (main PC) and XP PRO SP2 (back up PC). At the same time I am able to connect and operate without any problems my flash drives and multiple portable external USB HDDs (with single partition each). Also, I am able to connect the problem HDD to my main PC in the Safe Mode without any problems - trying to copy all DATA to everywhere now for backup - no hardware is to blame.
Any help in solving this issue?
Appreciate for any suggestions.
Thanks