PDA

View Full Version : Seedbox yet, low ratios

cool4cats
05-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm in need of some help, I've got a semi-dedicated seedbox, and was doing fine with it on a couple of semi-private and private trackers, making big buffers on new/popular torrents.

The problem is coming from 2 sites in particular, the infamous, what.cd and animebyt.es.

With animebyt.es the problem is just the lack of leechers on the place, but at least with the "yen" system i can stay in the positive by seeding freeleech iso's without any peers.

what.cd on the other hand, I had a download hole originally of 10GB, which from my constant attempts of downloading new files to try seed them back, has grown to a 15GB hole, I've uploaded 7 FLAC albums so far, but they only get 1 leech, if any and I only have a few more CDs left to up. I have 1 week to get my ratio up, as it stands i only have 1GB uploaded and need a ratio of 0.20 (currently 0.05).

I can't see how one is expected to keep the ratio up with so many seeders and so little leechers, i've tried jumping on new torrents, but they either get no more downloads after me, or have too many seeders for my box to get a look in. I know all the basics of watching for partial seeders, jumping on new releases, as I said, on other sites I'm more than fine, just this one is so difficult.

It frankly baffles me how so many people can keep such high ratios there, mabye I'm totally missing something.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm finding it very painfull to try get out of this hole, I assumed my seedbox would be fine, as it even got me out of a 200gig hole on another site, just something about what.cd makes it impossible, any one any suggestions ? or should I just give up on what.cd.

Any help is appreciated :) .

1000possibleclaws
05-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Seedboxes aren't the save all for music trackers. You are expected to seed every single torrent you snatch back to 1:1, not to use a seedbox to get an instant buffer. Serves you right, I hate people with your attitude to torrenting.

cool4cats
05-03-2010, 12:10 AM
I had a download hole from the time before I had a seedbox, my local connection had an upload of 0.25kb/s and I could never upload, I got a seedbox to remedy that, not to make a buffer and then hit & run. Now i can seed all my transfers back to 1:1 and more.

I was stupid to get into the position, but no matter how long I seed on such a slow connection, I wouldnt get any peers.

I'm simply trying to make up for it now, but unable to get anywhere on what.cd as even with the seedbox, i feel like i'm in the same position.

I dont know why or how I have offended you. I want advice on getting my ratio back up so I can be a better member of the torrent community, as compared to my past.

1000possibleclaws
05-03-2010, 12:12 AM
Unless they go on freeleech, which won't be for awhile, a seedbox is not goning be an overnight solution. Maybe if you FTP all your old downloads onto your seedbox to show your committment to whatcd and then msg a staff member, they might let you stay even if you don't meet the ratio requirement. You would most likely have to show serious effort though.

You might be better off just buying your music than spending $50 a month for a server to be able to use what.cd. I also don't know why you didn't use your other FST account to post this, so I almost doubt this topic is even serious.

cool4cats
05-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Unless they go on freeleech, which won't be for awhile, a seedbox is not goning be an overnight solution. Maybe if you FTP all your old downloads onto your seedbox to show your committment to whatcd and then msg a staff member, they might let you stay even if you don't meet the ratio requirement. You would most likely have to show serious effort though.

You might be better off just buying your music than spending $50 a month for a server to be able to use what.cd. I also don't know why you didn't use your other FST account to post this, so I almost doubt this topic is even serious.

Well so far I have been spending alot of nights ripping my cds and transfering them overnight onto my seedbox, after i've finnished, I will try to find torrents that I can match up with files on my computer. But alas I think I'm done for on what.cd.

Was wondering if anyone had been in a similar position and had managed to climb out of it.

Thank you for you're reply TrueSounds, if by the end of my week I have not progressed much, I may consider talking with staff.

edit: I use my seedbox for alot of other sites, not just what.cd, its justthe only one I'm having any trouble with. And my other FST account's email I can no longer acess so couldnt recover my password.

ca_aok
05-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Are you forgetting that they're no longer banning members for ratio watch, simply disabling their download privileges? You'll still have a chance to get your account in good stead by uploading or cross-seeding torrents from other sites.

Make an emphasis on uploading new material from 2010, the autodownloaders will download those. Don't put a fake year just to get snatches though, or you'll have your uploading rights disabled or possibly face a ban.

Sanka113
05-03-2010, 12:40 AM
If you have a SCC account I recommend using their FL music torrent section. Then you can upload/seed them over at what.cd

n00bz0r
05-03-2010, 12:45 AM
In case you have uploaded some 100% FLACs, link me to them. I will try my best to help ya get some buffer by leeching 'em off you.
Another thing.. don't worry about getting banned for low ratio. You're good as long as you do not cross 10GB DL limit after hitting ratio watch.