PDA

View Full Version : A bit information about AoM?

Surround
05-04-2010, 12:36 AM
Hey guys!

I've searched the net and this forum for some info about the site however most of the info is outdated. I tried to search for the IRC but I've tried to connect without any success.

So anyone out there that has some information they could share? For example IRC information?

All info/help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

anon
05-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Are you a member? If not, why would you need their IRC info? :unsure: (Unless they have an invite channel or something, of course)

ca_aok
05-04-2010, 01:34 PM
If I recall correctly, there's an email application you can send in if you're serious about joining. However they expect you to already be a seasoned magician, and they accept nothing less. If you're simply interested in getting into magic, BitMe has some good learning resources.

Surround
05-04-2010, 01:53 PM
I am not a member no, I am interested because I would like to have a talk with them because I ama seasoned illusionist and I've performed at parties etc.

Thing is I used to be a member of another magic tracker that took all our donation money and closed. So I tried to find another tracker and I fell into the traps of another tracker that took 50€ to join and there was nothing in there..

I've emailed them, they have a mail info on the frontpage. I sent them a mail telling them about my ddiffernet trackers to show am a good sharer and some info about my self. However I have not recieved any kind of reply. Most of the magic @ bitme I've contributed to, so bitme is out of the question =)

Anyways, if someone have any info, please do contact me via a pm, or here does not really matter.

Thanks once again for taking time to read this.

hotshot6473
05-04-2010, 03:20 PM
[email protected]

email there and state that you want to take the interview to join. It's like filling out a resume of magic

Tokeman
05-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Be honest in the interview. I was given a membership, and I am just a hobbiest magician. So you don't have to be some pro magician, just honest and open about why you think you would be a good member there.
Good luck!

Surround
05-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Here is what I wrote, with some editing not to show some personal info etc:

Hello there!

I am a magic enthusiastic person with a great passion for magic. I've known about AoM for a couple of years now but never tried to join until now when i really would like to join! =) I have approx 200gb of magic on my hdd but always trying to complete my collections and a few bougth DVDs

I have several trackers with good ratio, amongst other is trackername with 1.2tb upload of pure magic. Also staff at xxxx. I have a few TB's upload buffert in some other trackers.

I have a 100/100 seedbox and a 24/3 @ home. Been private torrenting for 10 years or so. am 2x years old. a year or so ago i was a member of stupidtracker and top donator, until one day without warning the site closed and our money disappeared.

Anyways, please do mail me with info what is needed to be done to be part of your community.

Thanks

Myname

I have no idea if the site was still active or if they did read the email so I thought I'd ask here to be sure.

Once again, thanks for those of you that replied.

MiNiMAL
05-04-2010, 04:46 PM
O_o

Quarterquack
05-04-2010, 04:48 PM
The protocol has only been around for (correct me if I'm wrong) 9 years, with the oldest trackers being 7-8 years old. You could not have been private torrenting for 10 years. Either way, I'm sure the rest of your sincerity in that e-mail will pay off.

DeadPoet
05-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Here is what I wrote, with some editing not to show some personal info etc:

Hello there!

...ton of bullshit....

Myname

I have no idea if the site was still active or if they did read the email so I thought I'd ask here to be sure.

Once again, thanks for those of you that replied.

Mate, with this kind of application you won't get anywhere.
You say you've been torrenting for 10 years? Well, bittorent was invented in '01, so this is bullcrap.

And my opinion about things AoM staff would like to read is more about your magician skill/passion not some other trackers...

Edit: hunter of rings was bit faster... :P

ca_aok
05-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Yep, their staff don't care about other torrent sites, profiles, or seedboxes. They want magicians, not collectors.

Surround
05-04-2010, 05:20 PM
I've been approx for 10 years, I don't feel like I have to give them exact date =) Ofcourse they want real magicians and not collectors, however it it's always nice to actually have people who can seed after them. What I noticed during my time on another magic tracker was that alot of the people where not seeding very well.

Sure that is the trackers fault for not setting rules etc, but atleast I show them that I do behave and am not there to just H&R.

DeadPoet
05-04-2010, 05:30 PM
... however it it's always nice to actually have people who can seed after them.

Define phrase "people who can seed".

Are you talking about peoples which are "good" seeders because they buy seedboxe's and quickly gets high buffers or peoples who d/l torrents they like, keeps them on HDD for months and share with others no matter how fast their upload speed is?

Surround
05-04-2010, 05:36 PM
... however it it's always nice to actually have people who can seed after them.

Define phrase "people who can seed".

Are you talking about peoples which are "good" seeders because they buy seedboxe's and quickly gets high buffers or peoples who d/l torrents they like, keep them on HDD for months and share with others no matter how fast their upload speed is?

I'm referring to people that actually take the time to see that a torrent has enough users seeding it after they downloaded it. At that particular tracker I talked about with the bad seeders, alot of the people downloaded and just cut of the download a while after, instead of trying to seed as long as they could

Speed is not really something important when it comes to magic torrents as we're not really dependent on pretimes etc.

nthpeter
05-04-2010, 05:48 PM
I guess Surrounds right. Ppl invited there because they are magician could mean they do HnR, not because they are bad ppl but they may not know some basic things about torrenting like FST ppl may know.

cinephilia
05-04-2010, 05:57 PM
i'm pretty sure the seedbox card has already been played more than once.
try again.

Surround
05-04-2010, 06:17 PM
i'm pretty sure the seedbox card has already been played more than once.
try again.

Oh so because it has been played, it means that people that actually uses seedbox, should nto say it because it have been played buy lying people?

If they ask me to prove it it's not really hard todo so now is it? I'd fail if they say "Prove you have a seedbox" and I can not prove anything. + The buffert I have on different sites + the staff position will pretty much say everything. Don't you think?

anon
05-04-2010, 06:18 PM
The protocol has only been around for (correct me if I'm wrong) 9 years, with the oldest trackers being 7-8 years old. You could not have been private torrenting for 10 years.

But he said "10 years or so" :shifty:

cinephilia
05-04-2010, 06:19 PM
no. it means you can't use it as an argument.

hotshot6473
05-04-2010, 06:31 PM
I think any magic site basically wants somebody that has a lot of knowledge and material they can share in a digital context. So if you have a lot of books that can be scanned, DVDs and other stuff start cataloging them now cause that's what they want to see. They don't leeechers but people that can contribute back. People that provide their own content to a site never have to worry about their ratio

Surround
05-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Agreed, that's truely how it should be. I am not 100% sure how AoM works, but some magic communities pay a bit each and buy the new dvd that came out and so on.. That's the thing i love about magic community, it's that people really try to help eachother out.

Quarterquack
05-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Group buys, sounds like TV. :yup:

Surround
05-05-2010, 09:46 AM
It does, doesn't it :) Oh well. I'll have to sit back and wait I guess.

The_Martinator
05-05-2010, 10:29 AM
I've read that mail, you posted, Surround and I'm not impressed. The fact that I know nothing about magic should tell you something about how the staff there felt when they read it.

PS: You could have easily impressed me with a few fancy magic words as I really don't know anything about magic. I suggest you play that card next time (if you really are a magician :P)

Surround
05-05-2010, 12:51 PM
I've read that mail, you posted, Surround and I'm not impressed. The fact that I know nothing about magic should tell you something about how the staff there felt when they read it.

PS: You could have easily impressed me with a few fancy magic words as I really don't know anything about magic. I suggest you play that card next time (if you really are a magician :P)

You are probably right. As I am not used to the magic community mroe then the former tracker i'm used to impress with seedbox and my impressive buffer + seedratio. That's what mostly gets me to trackers.

Perhaps I should've rephrased and told them about my passion and not so much about my seedbox and speed. Well, I'll learn from my mistake and perhaps in the future I'll send them another email and perhaps a video of me performing. Thanks again everyone for the time you put to answer me.

hotshot6473
05-05-2010, 02:25 PM
The initial email means nothing. You could write that your interested in magic and heard about this site and would like to apply, that's it. The actual form you have to fill out is all that matters

capo
05-05-2010, 02:26 PM
[email protected]

email there and state that you want to take the interview to join. It's like filling out a resume of magic

how is their interview ?

hotshot6473
05-06-2010, 12:56 AM
basically if you have no experience with magic you have no chance in hell

Relanium
07-06-2010, 10:10 PM
For information, [email protected] don't work.

I got this:

*** SPAM ***Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
This is the mail system at host xxxxx.xxx.xx.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<[email protected]>: host mail5.zoneedit.com[69.64.89.63] said: 554
5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] blocked using
bl.spamcop.net; Blocked - see
http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (in reply to RCPT TO
command)

Cabalo
07-06-2010, 10:26 PM
So, how is it possible to apply for an account?
Was thinking of applying myself when I saw this thread.

Relanium
07-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Now, only on IRC i suppose.

Edit:

Quick review:

Categories: The following subcategories are present under DVD/ISO, DVD/RIP and Ebooks sections

* Balloons
* Bizzare
* Cards
* Cards/Gaffed
* Cards/Self-Working
* Cards/Sleight
* Close-up
* Coins
* Coins/Gaffed
* Group Buy
* Juggling
* Levitation