PDA

View Full Version : Machete [2010]

mr. nails
05-06-2010, 01:24 AM
i've been looking forward to this since those awesome trailers in grindhouse!!

Original

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8cCzltPD6Y

db_la_23
05-06-2010, 02:01 AM
looks good cant wait 2 watch it

megabyteme
05-06-2010, 11:00 AM
I expect this to be somewhere around 10/10, or maybe, 12/10. Could surprise me and be even better, though!

darkstate01
05-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Holy shit this looks like its the best film I've never seen :P
Look at the actors that are in it though,de niro,cheech marin,don johnson and flailing fat guy steven segal and the hottest chicks on the planet, bring it on.
They just fucked with the wrong Mexican! Should be great for a laugh.
Damn gotta wait till september 3rd

mr. nails
05-06-2010, 03:09 PM
now, if they'd only make this one, but it HAS to have that narrator!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE7tyW8CYXs

darkstate01
05-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Very funny trailer, I liked the trampoline scene, There's Something about naked ladies jumping up and down on a taught canvas that gives me a lazy lob, Can't quite put my hand on it. I'm sure i'll figure it out :P

IdolEyes787
07-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Official trailer .Watch it in 1080p for what will shortly be apparent reasons.

7fGKttdOWQE

megabyteme
07-12-2010, 04:56 AM
Official trailer .Watch it in 1080p for what will shortly be apparent reasons.

Wow! Those band-aids look so lifelike. That's it, I'm downloading EVERYTHING in 1080p. :w00t:

softexupload
07-12-2010, 11:38 AM
i like it , wait for watch ;)

finestthebest
07-15-2010, 04:52 PM
In the us it should be out in august. I hope it brings real Mexican cartel action to the screen, cause it's no joke down their if, your in the that life style

IdolEyes787
07-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Yes by the trailer and the advance press I'm sure it will be an accurate depiction Mexican drug cartel warfare.:unsure:

The Flying Cow
07-15-2010, 07:18 PM
That Thanksgiving trailer is epic. I also wish they made it into a full-feature picture. LOL at the cheerleader getting knifed in the heinee scene.

Machete will already be a veritable roller-coaster ride -- what with his sexing of those delicious belles by the lake and his use of a number of machetes for the slaughter, it can only deliver.

clocker
07-15-2010, 08:51 PM
More cowbell.

c0ld
07-16-2010, 07:39 AM
Looks like a retarded film for retards, a lot like Grindhouse.

IdolEyes787
07-16-2010, 09:12 PM

Not commenting on your intellect but you do realize that films can't be "retarded" don't you?

clocker
07-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Hmmm...I liked Grindhouse (at least Deathproof).

If that makes me retarded, where can I sign up for benefits?

c0ld
07-16-2010, 09:37 PM

Not commenting on your intellect but you do realize that films can't be "retarded" don't you?Do you think this film looks good?

IdolEyes787
07-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Not commenting on your intellect but you do realize that films can't be "retarded" don't you?Do you think this film looks good?
No ,I'm not a fan of Danny Trejo ,the style or the source material but I think you missed my point entirely.

c0ld
07-16-2010, 10:52 PM
Do you think this film looks good?
No ,I'm not a fan of Danny Trejo ,the style or the source material but I think you missed my point entirely.
No, your point is just retarded.

IdolEyes787
07-17-2010, 12:44 AM
Seems to be a lot of that going around.

mr. nails
09-13-2010, 04:31 AM
i thought it was a pretty good film. i've heard that the film has had a lot of criticism for the portrayal of the mexicans taking over the US. lol, that's exactly why i wanted to watch this. there's plenty of limbs being chopped off and bullets flying thru the air and the film was shot a lot like the grindhouse as well. i appreciated the subtle things that just occur in the background as well. i thought both michelle and jessica looked good and i'd do lohan too. for those wondering if u'd like this film all u need to do is watch the trailer. if u thought the trailers were good u'll enjoy the film. i'll watch again when the unrated dvd comes out. mexicans, beaners and wet backs. 8/10

100%
09-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Amazing face he has.

ziggyjuarez
09-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Reported the video for having nudity.A preach of terms of service on youtube.

TraNNNce
09-18-2010, 10:14 AM
is not so good ! i don-t like it!

100%
09-19-2010, 04:41 PM
"Machette is an epic tale of warmth and kindness. You could just feel the fire coming from the plethora of weapons and the lead was paid generously for his selfless act of liberating a politician from his life. I almost cried. Danny Trejo is our day's Audrey Tautou. So cute and lovable you just want to explode."

db_la_23
09-23-2010, 01:58 AM
the R5 is out. will watch h it today

IdolEyes787
09-23-2010, 02:06 AM
the R5 is out. will watch h it today

And the reason that you felt that you needed to post that was?............

sandman_1
09-23-2010, 02:45 PM
The movie was ridiculous in just about every aspect.

Spoiler alert:

The intestines repell, dumb and idiotic. Luz, getting shot in the eye and not dying, dumb. The chick pulling a cell phone from her twat, really? I could go on but what's the point?

db_la_23
09-24-2010, 01:52 AM
watched dunno y they have given a rating of 7.7 in IMDB

IdolEyes787
09-24-2010, 03:27 AM
watched dunno y they have given a rating of 7.7 in IMDB

It's suppose to be a homage to grindhouse films/inside joke but personally I think it didn't work because you can't really expect any "vision" while winking with both eyes ( as opposed to Rodriguez's more effective films like Desperado,The Faculty or Once Upon a Time in Mexico where he is essentially doing the same sort of thing but at least only winking with one)
In fact imo the one thing that truly worked was the Mexican /US aspect.
As for the 'talent" I thought Trejo was terrible in the part .He could barely speak so I guess that was why ( as opposed to keeping with his character) he basically didn't.
I wish that I could say the same for Jessica Alba ,another no -talent who like Trejo entire appeal lies in their appearance .
To which you know even with all the disembowelments and decapitations the one thing that I found truly offensive was that she ( or Lohan) wouldn't go nude so they tacked on some fakery to make it appear that they did.http://filesharingtalk.../vb3/images/smilies/ermm.gif
I mean are we all 8 years old?

And "introducing Don Johnson" .That's suppose to be funny?:ermm:Anyway his buddy's and his penchant for putting has-been actors in key roles got old a long time ago somewhere between Robert Foster and Michael Parks.

That said I didn't hate the movie but it was incredibly "tired" .
Problem with emulating anything is it's a case of already "been there,done that" .Simple fact is that if you are going to homage you have to find a way to be as good as if not better than the originals and Machete simply doesn't.

megabyteme
09-24-2010, 05:07 AM
The movie was based off of a spoof/fake trailer. Again, what were you guys expecting? :unsure:

This is not a film where you critique dialog, "did I find it realistic?", or question whether or not DeNiro gave his best performance... This film had only a couple of requirements- be fun, and show some of the politics/attitudes regarding Mexico-American border crossings. On the first count, it was fun- if you like violence, intentionally has-been stars, top-rated stars who are "slumming it", and have a high tolerance for cheesy dialog. If you can't stand any of these things, you should have spotted this movie as a not-for-me when you saw that it was being made into an actual movie...

On count two, the movie does show some good, over-the-top portrayals of the red-neck, "they're taking our jobs", kill-em-all, we need a 1400 mile fence attitudes that are very much real, and happening right now. Michelle Rodriguez did a great job of playing the serious, passionate, counter to the over-the-top characters saturating the rest of the film. Kudos to her for playing that part well- she was the true standout, IMO.

sandman_1
09-24-2010, 11:44 AM
This is not a film where you critique dialog, "did I find it realistic?", or question whether or not DeNiro gave his best performance... This film had only a couple of requirements- be fun, and show some of the politics/attitudes regarding Mexico-American border crossings. On the first count, it was fun- if you like violence, intentionally has-been stars, top-rated stars who are "slumming it", and have a high tolerance for cheesy dialog. If you can't stand any of these things, you should have spotted this movie as a not-for-me when you saw that it was being made into an actual movie...

On count two, the movie does show some good, over-the-top portrayals of the red-neck, "they're taking our jobs", kill-em-all, we need a 1400 mile fence attitudes that are very much real, and happening right now. Michelle Rodriguez did a great job of playing the serious, passionate, counter to the over-the-top characters saturating the rest of the film. Kudos to her for playing that part well- she was the true standout, IMO.

Personally, the only fun I had was laughing at how silly and pathetic this movie was.

Again, what were you guys expecting? :unsure:

The only reason why I did give it a chance, was of the high ratings it got on Rotten Tomatoes. Usually, RT is a good metric for weeding out crap movies from good movies but it failed miserably on this.

IdolEyes787
09-24-2010, 12:39 PM
The movie was based off of a spoof/fake trailer. Again, what were you guys expecting? :unsure:

I was expecting it to be .........fun.:unsure:
Like I sort of said ,the type of films that this was based on - the cheesy drive-in, grindhouse , B-movie sort of thing were rarely if ever "realistic" or "well acted ".What the good ones had going for them though was originality or a sense of humour or some urgency to their kinetic energy .
Machete on the other hand was like watching bad Mel Brooks ( more annoying than fun or witty) with a bit of gore and a few tits thrown in so that Rodriguez could pretend that he is still a maverick bad-boy.
Shit even the talentless turd part of the unholy triumvirate Eli Roth, is more of a maverick than Rodriguez is any more.:dabs:

cinephilia
09-24-2010, 04:30 PM
8/10 according to mr. nails.

in other words, i will never watch this film (unless idoleyes forces me to do so).

IdolEyes787
09-24-2010, 04:55 PM
8/10 according to mr. nails.

in other words, i will never watch this film (unless idoleyes forces me to do so).

link (http://www.angelfire.com/pa/hoganshero/images/nothing.wav)

megabyteme
09-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Coincidentally, I grabbed Touch of Evil- Director's Cut (1958) the same night. It was directed by Orson Welles and has an 8.X along with 30k votes. I DID have high expectations for that one... 45 minutes into it, I could not take the (unintentionally) cheesy dialog, a painted-on "Mexican" Police Chief played by Charlton Heston :O, and shots that jumped from black and white to gray and white. Oh, and very unrealistic (unintentional?) situations. I turned that one off instead of drinking bleach mixed with ammonia. Seriously painful.

IdolEyes787
09-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Your first mistake was watching anything with Charlton Heston in it.:unsure:

megabyteme
09-24-2010, 07:22 PM
I am glad you are not defending Touch of Bad Movie with Superstar Director. :sick: I seriously believe Machete to be the better of the two.

IdolEyes787
09-24-2010, 08:30 PM
I am glad you are not defending Touch of Bad Movie with Superstar Director. :sick: I seriously believe Machete to be the better of the two.

You seem to be harbouring the illusion that I think old movies are inherently better than new ones.Good is good and bad is bad regardless of when they were filmed.
Anyway some stylized slightly melodramatic thrillers by well-know directors starring big names that you actually might like.

The Conversation (Coppola and Hackman.Also look for an extremely young(ish) Harrison Ford )
Three Days of the Condor (Pollock and Redford )
Marathon Man ( Schlesinger and Hoffman ...and Olivier)

megabyteme
09-25-2010, 04:41 AM
You seem to be harbouring the illusion that I think old movies are inherently better than new ones.Good is good and bad is bad regardless of when they were filmed.

Actually, I have never seen you as the "old is better" type. I was referencing the coincidental Mexican-American border similarities between the two, and noting the very high IMDB rating for ToE. Like I said, I am happy you did not favor ToE because MANY people seem to think of it as a GREAT film. It is dreadful.

The difference, is that Machete was meant to be fun and cheesy- ToE was supposed to be film noir and classic. To use my analogy from a couple of weeks ago- Machete is a McDonell's cheeseburger, while ToE is meant to be fine dining. I can stomach Machete because it is what I ordered- ToE got sent back to the kitchen for containing too much cheese, and being overdone.

ziggyjuarez
09-25-2010, 10:44 AM
You do realize they are going to spit on your order right?

megabyteme
09-25-2010, 12:47 PM
That's the benefit of ordering from 1958 kitchens- the cooks are either dead, or if they spit, you find their dentures on your plate.

ziggyjuarez
09-25-2010, 01:39 PM
frucken hawt dude!!!

doug
09-28-2010, 07:03 PM
I think this movie isnt good :(