PDA

View Full Version : Any MULE program that works with and ip address ending in 0?

Deathbliss
05-06-2010, 05:10 AM
The title says it all. I love eMule Xtreme Mod, but I have Comcast internet, and they assign everyone, or at least did me, an IP address ending in zero so I am unable to do anything in that network as I always have a LowID. This is just how aMule, eMule, and eMule Xtreme Mod are set up, something in the core of the code from the original MULE client.

I was wondering though if there were any MULE p2p programs out there that don't assign low ids to those with an ip address ending in 0. I guess I'm also looking for suggestions as to the next best, least watched p2p network to use, and the best program for that network. For example, I know torrent is awesome but THE MAN is watching all torrent sights and network activity like a hawk. I tried KOMMUTE and Frost Wire but the networks suck - can't find anything I want. DC++ USED to be my next choice, but I think its gone downhill since I last looked at it.

Appreciate the help!
- Deathbliss

NesteaZen
05-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Have you ever tried I2P (BitTorrent)?

It's not that bad if you have a Low ID. edit:It should be avoided on a larger scale.

The problem is 0 and 255 are reserved for other things and how eMule's ID is calculated.

anon
05-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Having a high ID is better for everyone - you'll get faster downloads, decrease others' overhead and the server's load.

I think it's the server that assigns you your ID, so switching clients won't help. What if you call Comcast and ask them to change your IP?

Deathbliss
05-07-2010, 01:53 AM
What if you call Comcast and ask them to change your IP?

:whistling: My guess? They'll ask me why I want it, then after I hang up they'll call the RIAA and the MPAA, then a small army of feds and lawyers will come knocking on my door.

Seems pretty obvious to me that Comcast has set this up on purpose, although they probably have some long drawn-out technical excuse written down somewhere.

Better off just finding another client. The previous poster mentioned I2P BitTorrent. Like I said THE MAN is watching all torrent sites like a hawk, but I know I2P is supposed to be anonymous, so I guess I'll look into it.

Hey thanks for all your help so far!
- Deathbliss

anon
05-07-2010, 11:48 AM
:whistling: My guess? They'll ask me why I want it

"I installed WoW today and wanted to play, but the server said my IP was banned. I asked about this in the official forums and they said I had to ask my ISP for an IP change".

Better off just finding another client. The previous poster mentioned I2P BitTorrent. Like I said THE MAN is watching all torrent sites like a hawk, but I know I2P is supposed to be anonymous, so I guess I'll look into it.

You're trading speed for anonymity when using I2P, or any other anonymous network in general. Not to mention iMule (I2P's eMule client) can only connect to others of its kind, limiting your peer horizon.