PDA

View Full Version : 'WELCOME TO*HDBITS.ORG' scam email - beware

dvdasacd
05-07-2010, 03:16 AM
Yay, another scam email from Elyas Forst ([email protected]), like this one (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-bitmetvorg-invite-possible-scam-be-cautious-407757) reported earlier!

Subject: Hdbits.org Invite

WELCOME TO HDBITS.ORG (http://hdbits.org/)

Hey, I have a favor to ask of you. I have got a limited amount of invites to hdbits.org (http://hdbits.org/) so the first people to accept my invite to lockerz will receive an invite to hdbits untill i run out (mind you i will get more after i run out). i will send you an invite to lockerz, which is a cool FREE site where you earn PTZ and you spend the PTZ on FREE items like imacs, ipods, games, gaming consoles, and designer clothing. just follow the link in the invite and make an account(real or fake name, gender, and zip code), and they dont require any other personal info. Be quick and an hdbits invite has your name on it.

Thanks

PS, anyone that offers you bonus points for signing up is lying, it is impossible!
and if you are already a member of lockerz, sorry... i cant promise you anything unless nobody accepts my invites after a few days

Check your junkmail folders cause the invite will be sent within the next 10 mins

I will know who the first responders to my invites are. :) GOOD LUCK

Btw, these scams are NOT sent through the database of a defunct site! It is from a LIVE site operating right now!

I know this because this scam above came through an email address of mine which I only created VERY recently (like, a week ago) and changed some of my torrent/pirate site's accounts to. I'll see if I can narrow it down, we should work out what site is being abused and everyone leave that site or talk to the staff!

ca_aok
05-07-2010, 03:55 AM
I haven't received any such email, so if it's being mass sent from a torrent site's db that knocks a solid number of sites off the list.

Cabalo
05-07-2010, 05:24 AM
Haven't received it either, and I'm a member of a good number of trackers too.

dvdasacd
05-07-2010, 06:25 AM
Ok, well:

I've made a total list of possibles, and it could ONLY be one of the sites which I recently changed my email address with. This is an exact list which I can number, because it's in my records from just last week.

This list comprises 59 absolute maximum possible sites - but most of em were like digg or imdb or photobucket etc...so, narrowing it down: 26 are pirate or pirate-related, but none of em are english-speaking/mainstream private trackers - that's why you guys haven't received it. They're all basically public type sites like warez/emule forums etc.

Except for one. which stands out like a sore thumb. And I think it's the culprit. It's a bt-related site, and yes, connected to private trackers. But I don't want to name the site yet (as we should confirm and gather more info before planning, er, course of action :naughty:). What should I do?

Well I suppose I'll start by PM'ing others who got the BITMETV scam and see if they're regged at this site also...

stoi
05-07-2010, 06:29 AM
Well I suppose I'll start by PM'ing others who got the BITMETV scam and see if they're regged at this site also...

i thought it was hdbits, so either a slp of the fingers, or bitmetv is the site where this originated (or at least the one ou think it was).

Quarterquack
05-07-2010, 06:47 AM
No, stoi, a similar thing happened with BMTV just a month back, I believe. That's why he'll try to confirm with older, more experienced scam victims. :P

stoi
05-07-2010, 06:50 AM
ah right, I will go to bed now then (I didnt have a clue, nor do i really care tbh lol)

dvdasacd
05-07-2010, 06:56 AM
yeah I'm not regged at hdbits or bitmetv...it's not the torrent sites themselves lol...

bed is an apt conclusion stoi :P

avaloncraven
05-07-2010, 07:58 AM
I respond you as with pm as well. I did get this e-mail.Of course deleted immidieatelly :D But i think you are right abouth The Website...

dandraesley
05-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Looks like scammers turn their attention to private sites now. :(

Hmm, but looks like its grammar is confusing.

Raban
05-07-2010, 11:21 AM
this list comprises 59 absolute maximum possible sites

collector !! ! !

anon
05-07-2010, 11:50 AM
If you know HDBits has had their invite system closed for over two years, you shouldn't fall for this.

kukushka
05-07-2010, 01:55 PM
If you know HDBits has had their invite system closed for over two years, you shouldn't fall for this.
nope, it's "only" about 1.5 years.. and their invite system is opened, just not for everybody :)

anon
05-07-2010, 03:14 PM
The ones that do have invites wouldn't send this kind of e-mails in the first place :happy:

Cabalo
05-07-2010, 04:00 PM
We want names!

spammer-huh-
05-09-2010, 07:09 AM
Hey, here ya go... avaloncraven wasn't totally truthful in the original thread about me... i emailed him and hopefully he will come out truthful. As for the rest of you, you can stop searching. Here is all you need to know:

To all of you who i have "scammed"
I found your emails on a public site, "inviteshare" to which you registered and posted your email addresses expecting to receive invites from people willing to give away invitations. What do you expect...? I wouldn't call myself a scammer, more of a microscopic spammer, as i sent this to about only a few email addresses, of which most were spam addresses because people knew they were posting there emails for public to view. so all in all, you were not smart enough to use a spam address and you were likely too late to respond to receive one of my invites... Plus, when i sent this to 20 people, i obviously dont have 20 invites to the specific bittorrent site... To those out there that did receive an invite from me, please show yourself to prove my legitimacy!!!

I find this quite funny that you are all acting as if i wanted to trade an invite to a stupid bittorrent site for your credit card number... I never pressured anyone to join lockerz from my invite, i just layed out the details and said good luck. make a lockerz account or not, you still have your credit card, your computer, your everything! WHATS THE BIG DEAL?!?!?
sorry that you never responded fast enough for an invite.

I tried a simmillar post in the previous thread but it was removed and my account disabled so now i am here... hopefully someone can quote this or keep a record of it before it is removed.
THanks

anon
05-09-2010, 04:23 PM
So do you have invites or not? I know it's probably the latter, but thought I'd confirm it.

cinephilia
05-09-2010, 04:30 PM
these scams are NOT sent through the database of a defunct site! It is from a LIVE site operating right now!

I know this because this scam above came through an email address of mine which I only created VERY recently (like, a week ago) and changed some of my torrent/pirate site's accounts to.
:o

I found your emails on a public site, "inviteshare" to which you registered and posted your email addresses expecting to receive invites from people willing to give away invitations.
oops! :mushy:

spammer-huh-
05-10-2010, 01:21 AM
So do you have invites or not? I know it's probably the latter, but thought I'd confirm it.

I did, but not any more...
And just one last thing for everyone if i may, If you dont want to receive Spam emails, dont post your email address in open forums/lists...:wacko: :frusty:

Is what I did Super Evil??? I mean, as i said before, nobody lost anything... If I received this email, I would make a lockerz account (with non real ID) given the chance that i might get an invite to a bittorrent site. And if I was too late, I would shrug my shoulders and keep searching for that invite. THats just how i see it, how do you feel about it??? im just curious now;)

cinephilia
05-10-2010, 01:59 AM
it's no big deal.

Hombre
05-10-2010, 04:49 AM
the world is going crazy. someday we will see people paying for invites to get in to trackers. it's madness.

Disme
05-10-2010, 05:39 AM
someday we will see people paying for invites to get in to trackers. it's madness.

Wake up buddy ... people have been paying for invites for quite some time now :yup:

cyrusvn
05-10-2010, 07:08 AM
the world is going crazy. someday we will see people paying for invites to get in to trackers. it's madness.

No, this is Sparta!

dvdasacd
05-11-2010, 02:37 AM
Hey, here ya go... avaloncraven wasn't totally truthful in the original thread about me... i emailed him and hopefully he will come out truthful. As for the rest of you, you can stop searching. Here is all you need to know:

I found your emails on a public site, "inviteshare" to which you registered and posted your email addresses expecting to receive invites from people willing to give away invitations. What do you expect...? I wouldn't call myself a scammer, more of a microscopic spammer, as i sent this to about only a few email addresses, of which most were spam addresses because people knew they were posting there emails for public to view. so all in all, you were not smart enough to use a spam address and you were likely too late to respond to receive one of my invites... Plus, when i sent this to 20 people, i obviously dont have 20 invites to the specific bittorrent site... To those out there that did receive an invite from me, please show yourself to prove my legitimacy!!!

I find this quite funny that you are all acting as if i wanted to trade an invite to a stupid bittorrent site for your credit card number... I never pressured anyone to join lockerz from my invite, i just layed out the details and said good luck. make a lockerz account or not, you still have your credit card, your computer, your everything! WHATS THE BIG DEAL?!?!?

I tried a simmillar post in the previous thread but it was removed and my account disabled so now i am here... hopefully someone can quote this or keep a record of it before it is removed.
THanks

Yes the site I concluded was inviteshare. It seems it was you then.

I can't believe they list emails in public there. Then again only noobs would even sign up to a rubbish site like this in the first place.

I signed up 3 years ago (I never got any invites though :rolleyes:) and recently was looking through my past records of sites I've signed up to before, and changed the email at this site as a preliminary step before intending to getting the account deleted...After this incident i REALLY want to have my account deleted off there. :/...though there's a way to remove your email off the public lists so that's good...but I've PM'd three supposed admins of the site and the contact form, with no response...seems one would have to go so far as contact techcrunch site staff. I wish they just shut it down, no one even runs it, by the looks of it...they just keep it running it on their techcrunch server. maybe it generates more ads than it costs to run it.

Funny ending to the story: I still haven't gotten into hdbits all these years :P...

spammer-huh-
05-11-2010, 03:30 AM
sooooo, no harm done then =)
Lesson of the day: If you dont want spam dont post email address in public viewable places, and if you do post email address, dont complain about spam...

(and back to spaming I go):sly::naughty: (time for a free ipad):whistling
JK

Rart
05-11-2010, 03:31 AM
Ironic how every post of yours trips the "spam" filter so I have to manually approve it :pinch:

anon
05-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Lesson of the day: If you dont want spam dont post email address in public viewable places

[email protected]

cinephilia
05-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Lesson of the day: If you dont want spam dont post email address in public viewable places

[email protected]
49 to go :rolleyes:

anon
05-11-2010, 05:56 PM
I'm not sure I want the grey stars now. Their color doesn't combine well with my new avatar. :dabs:

48 now.

Quarterquack
05-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Greyscale your avatar.

cinephilia
05-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Their color doesn't combine well with my new avatar. :dabs:
bring back the naruto's one.

anon
05-11-2010, 08:51 PM
You mean Cloud? :unsure:

That one's a thing of the past anyway.

cinephilia
05-11-2010, 09:49 PM
cloud, naruto, sangoku or whatever you call him.

avaloncraven
06-04-2010, 12:12 AM
Hey, here ya go... avaloncraven wasn't totally truthful in the original thread about me... i emailed him and hopefully he will come out truthful.

THanks

Some people know well, i am not often visiting this forum...once in a few moth some time...so i did see you garbage now...below is the e-mail you sent me, i did underlined your lies...so do not tell i was not truthfull about you. As they says, "verba volant scripta manent"...

You say do not post your e-mail public forum...ofcourse everyone has a junk mail adres for this kind stuff but who do hell you are harvesting people's mail then telling them do not post it there...so if i left my car on the parking place, you have right to steal it..i left it in public place...so what about your girlfriend waiting for you in public place ?who has right on her...my and everyone's email posted there for a reason and it is surely not your spamming us...

What is the big deal you asked...no big deal...just triying to keep aware of people about stupid spammers...read your e-mail again yourself..of course you did not force anyone to get your shippy lockerz invite, but you are saying "if you get it i ll giv eyou bitme" anyone who wants bitme and stupid enough to belive you, will get your ship...

Anyway...I am truthfull about what i said, you are a lier, spammer, cheater, thief, time waster...face it...

And if you can proove that, you sand that 20 people bitme.tv, by their bitme.tv username and mail adresses ( i have time to ask each one of them personally) i will suck my words...
http://i46.tinypic.com/14vobur.jpg

Raban
06-04-2010, 12:20 AM
( i have time to ask each one of them personally) i will suck my words...

how did you highlight and underline the words like that is it a special program ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ?? ? ?

avaloncraven
06-04-2010, 04:03 PM
( i have time to ask each one of them personally) i will suck my words...

how did you highlight and underline the words like that is it a special program ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ?? ? ?

Hey raban, i use faststone screen capture for taking creen caps, and it has ability drawing lines, underline, highlight etc...but most of the screen capture programs has same ability...

Anyway, if you liket the program i used, you can download it from faststone website, it usetobe free but not anymore...

A13
06-04-2010, 09:03 PM
-random crap-

Is what I did Super Evil??? I mean, as i said before, nobody lost anything... If I received this email, I would make a lockerz account (with non real ID) given the chance that i might get an invite to a bittorrent site. And if I was too late, I would shrug my shoulders and keep searching for that invite. THats just how i see it, how do you feel about it??? im just curious now;)

That sounds sad, that's how I feel :happy: