PDA

View Full Version : Seedbox Virgin, broke my cherry

jibblet
05-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Just wanted to share my first dip of the toe into seedboxes. It might be useful for someone that was in my position... I read most of the seedbox reviews on here and spent some time on their websites. Xirvik has good reviews and a good payment option.

I have rented a budget seedbox from Xirvik for $4.95 for 1 week.

I get 20GB HDD space, 3 torrents and 100Mbit/sec up and down.

I have had it for 24 hours now and already boosted the 2 trackers I mainly use with over 30GB each so far. At this rate, I will only need the seedbox for the rest of the week, and then rent it again when my ratio gets lower.

Althogh this is the absolute minimum and budget option, it is an amazing difference to my usual ISP speeds, as well as being able to upload 1:1 with my downloads.

So, if you are out there looking at seedboxes, I recommend you find one that can give you 1 week at a time. If you are not a heavy user, this might just do the trick every couple of weeks.

Any of the veterans out there can suggest a better option for a beginner like me?

Pikachu
05-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Seedbox isnt that complicated I guess,
Specially from Xirvik since they simplify it a lot for you and is quite easy to seed. Since its only for a week and if you go monthly basis its 16USD I would suggest that you wil Xirvik Semidedicated ones, theres one for around 25USD I think.
Fastsh.it isnt bad either I mean they have great speeds and stuff, but they are a bit complicated so once you get a hold you can give them a try too.
Another good one which I have heard about but never tried is Feral, maybe you should try and catch up with me later about how it was. Jibblet if you need any seedbox help you can PM me anytime. :)

jibblet
05-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Thanks buddy, that is kind of you. I was actually surprised how easy it was.

I don't think I will need anything faster for seeding, and 3 torrents max is fine for now. The only problem I have is getting stuff onto my PC, I can use the FTP but the speed is about 200kb/sec, so it is faster for me to download stuff directly from the tracker I am using where I get my ISPs max speed.

IdolEyes787
05-08-2010, 12:08 PM
This isn't meant as a personal knock against you jibblet since I am as guilty as you are ( though for different reasons) but I think this is what is known as being part of the problem as opposed to being part of the solution.

Pikachu
05-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Thanks buddy, that is kind of you. I was actually surprised how easy it was.

I don't think I will need anything faster for seeding, and 3 torrents max is fine for now. The only problem I have is getting stuff onto my PC, I can use the FTP but the speed is about 200kb/sec, so it is faster for me to download stuff directly from the tracker I am using where I get my ISPs max speed.

Well Yea :lol:,
That is a problem that cannot be fixed to easily. Your seedbox provider i.e Xirvik, use OVH as their host. OVH has great speeds, but these speeds are only limited to some parts of Europe, beyond that their networking is not well managed and we have to bear up with bad speeds, 2mbps is what you cant expect and sometimes 3mbps nothing more than that. This is the truth most of us have to face and has been mentioned time and then on the forums.

Well I can suggest to you not exactly a solution but something that might help. Use your box to buffere your account and then directly download the torrents you would require. :D

PS: The tittle of your thread is totally wacky :P

RlCKYMAN
05-21-2010, 09:04 PM
If you're a virgin and want little packages, then you would like to go to evoseeds.co.cc

Good speeds, good support.

If you're a little more advanced, then go to seedplace, but their prices are higher.

MikeB
01-14-2012, 05:16 PM
the ftp restriction is super lame i use seedcafe, their torrent speeds aren't the greatest maxing out at 2 MB/s, but i can downloadthe files at this speed which is my isps max. i would suggest that you contact them and ask them to increase your ftp limits (unless it's restricted by your isp)