PDA

View Full Version : Advice on new monitor

peat moss
05-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Hi guys , my Acer 19 " is crapping out on me and I'm looking for some advice . Only two years old for cripes sake !

Any way was wondering what you guys and girls thought of Benq ? I would like at least a 20 " wide screen under 300 bucks .

My video card is a Radeon HD 4890 by the way . I like this site as it has a few specials and different models to choose from . They usually give me me a 15% discount so have been loyal .

Any way, of the three specials they post what do you think of the BenQ model ?

There are some other choices on the page , please feel free to suggest one . I'm not happy with the Acer brand but would like any of the others posted .

Link : http://www.alinx.ca/displayproducts.asp?do=go&name=Monitor%20-LCD&id=54

Appzalien
05-09-2010, 09:41 PM
I have an acer 19" and it was crapping out on me too, then I found out the power plug was working its way loose (both the power and the vga/dvi point downward but the power doesn't lock like the dvi does) I tried everything using a different video card plugging and unplugging at the back of the PC. The funny thing is, when I finally found it, the monitors led would light but the monitor itself would not always come on. The plug was not out that much and it suprised the heck out of me that when I pushed it in the 1/16 to 1/8 inch it was loose, everything was back to normal. All this occurred just after I was rearranging my desk and pushed the acer back and to the left a little. It didn't fail while it was on (I did my arranging while it was running) but the next day I had a black screen. So, check it out.

peat moss
05-09-2010, 10:56 PM
I thought it was the Video card but nope , too bad as that's still under warranty and I have the bill. The monitor works but the colours are all washed out , took to the shop see if its an easy fix ..

I'm still going to buy a new one and leaning towards the BenQ . My wife can use the Acer if repairable . Thanks for the tip , App .

tsiparamai
05-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Not a bad choice, but I've seen a few ASUS 24'' and other top brands around $150 recently so I'd keep my eyes peeled for one.

azaboi
05-18-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm a bit of a Samsung fan and haven't been disappointed with any of their monitors. I've bought several for home and dozens for work. It'd be a pity to have such a nice video card and not get a nice monitor for it. Have you tried NCIX.com? They have a couple of instant rebates on right now.

Tv Controls you
05-18-2010, 11:37 PM
I myself own a 24' asus 3 ms responce time monitor 60 hz (I'm sure they probally make newer models with 120 or 240hz)

It's truly a great gaming monitor and puts off a good picture.

MadIrish
05-18-2010, 11:58 PM
I recently bought a BenQ G2420HDBL, was dithering about what to buy for ages (primary use gaming) and in the end settled on the BenQ as it had decent reviews and was very cheap. Absolutely no complaints about it at all, no ghosting, colours are sharp, virtually no light bleed, was a bargain and as good as other TN panels I've seen/used which cost considerably more.

peat moss
05-19-2010, 03:24 AM
I'm a bit of a Samsung fan and haven't been disappointed with any of their monitors. I've bought several for home and dozens for work. It'd be a pity to have such a nice video card and not get a nice monitor for it. Have you tried NCIX.com? They have a couple of instant rebates on right now.

I bought the BenQ G2412HD, and I'm really happy with it . $ 220.OO with tax and enviro fees. Been playing around with settings a bit thru the Video card but stock settings seem very good .

NCIX , never impressed me much as I have to drive to Vancouver or Langley to save 5 bucks on a HDD or DVD drive ... Now if I can keep the wife off my bloody computer I'd be a happy man . :D

Was quoted 70 bucks to fix my Acer 19 " and may do that and use as my spare monitor for fixing friends computers . So all and all I can't bitch .

BlueMax
05-22-2010, 10:14 PM
last year I bought a BenQ M2200HD after reading excellent reviews and recommendations in Computer Shopper, PC Pro and Personal Computer World.
Very pleased with the quality of the image. I get a permanent black area all around but that could be due to something else.
Price then was £178 incl delivery from LambdaTek but I think it has come down to £130.
Excellent price/performance ratio, IMO.

PS.
BenQ M2200HD has added features such as webcam and extra USB ports. There are others in the same family which are cheaper but with the same basic spec.

touareg4s
06-11-2010, 07:12 AM
I would recommend the Asus VH242HL-P 23.6",currently there's a good price on centralcomputer.com

android2
06-22-2010, 08:52 AM
The Samsung P2450H is a so beautiful monitor.

Link (http://www.centralcomputers.com/commerce/catalog/product.jsp?product_id=74579)

Townsend
06-22-2010, 01:58 PM
What do you guys think of the Philips Brilliance 225P1? I was thinking of buying this one next, it has some pretty nice reviews

Mischiu
06-25-2010, 09:36 PM
i have crt 17 is the best

BerGoO
06-26-2010, 02:12 AM
i advise you BenQ G2412HD Or Samsung P2450H

Wine
08-01-2010, 02:35 PM
HP ZR24w