PDA

View Full Version : BitmeTV is overrated

Hombre
05-11-2010, 02:59 AM
Yes, shocking.
You all are like:What? No.Impossible.How can you say something like this about the best tracker with tv content in the world?
I know, shame on me.Or not!Let's just take a look and see if i am so wrong about this.I promise i will try to be as clear as possible about this.
So, you all say it's the best TV tracker out there.But why?What can you say that will make me believe this?You can't so let me convince you about this.

First aspect we must discuss about is the content right?That is why people join trackers, for its content right?

So, lets see bitmetv's content.It has a lot of torrents, yes, but almost all old seasons from some shows that people like only have 1-2 seeders or are even dead.Let's say i wanna start watching Top Gear from the first season and you can see it either has only 1 seeder or it's even dead.And this is just an example.There are lots of other torrents like this.

And let's say it has 5-6 seeders.There is another problem which involves a little thing called RATIO.Yes, many don't count this, but it's a very big problem.If you leech an old torrent your ratio will go down fast and it will be very very hard to actually rise it back.New users who actually leech something like that are 100% going to be banned for low ratio or will donate just to maintain it's account.Two thing i will never agree with and nobody should accept this kind of thing because p2p is free for everyone.Nobody should be forced to pay just to not be banned for not being able to maintain a ratio.

So people say it's not impossible to maintain a ratio here and that i am exaggerating.Yes, it's not impossible here or anywhere.But at what cost?
First way to maintain a ratio is here by downloading other torrents that have high activity to increase your ratio.Sounds like a great idea! NOT! Users forced to download files that they don't want or need or will ever use just so they can avoid a ban is again one of the things i find stupid and ridiculous.Especially for those with a low bandwidth.Why download 5 GB of files you don't use just so you can add another 1 Gb to your upload so you can leech a new episode from Heroes?This cannot be accepted in trackers with that reputation.

Next way to maintain a ratio is something i hate the most when it's about users with low bandwidth:SEEDBOXES. Yup, seedboxes.The next and biggest way for a user to leech and and seed torrents.Packed with 100Mbit or 1 Gbit download and upload speed, these are starting to spread like mushrooms after a rainy day.Don't get me wrong, i am ok with people using them for their interests or to get files faster or just to upload files but I'm not ok with renting a seedbox just so you can maintain your ratio.It's almost like pay2leech system.Again stupid when files can be downloaded for free.

The only thing that still makes this tracker so desired is not it's content, which is average, but its fame and the fact that invites are very hard to find.Purely collector reasons or trading reasons.There are few users that are actually looking for a good community or content there.

I think my point has been achieved.If still you are not convinced then try using other Tv trackers and you will feel the difference.Try some trackers like Freshon.tv, Tvtorrents.com or Broadcasthe.net.After using this you should realise that all i said is true and you will have another opinion about Bitmetv.

Note:This is just informative and i don't have nothing with bitmetv as a tracker.If you have it you should use it as much as you can.I respect the tracker, the staff and the work they put to making this tracker.

Source:

http://torrentbuzz.blogspot.com/2010/05/bitmetv-starting-to-be-overrated.html

ca_aok
05-11-2010, 03:15 AM
Do you ever make a post that's not a direct copy and paste with no credit to the source? (Albeit a pretty stupid one in this case, yet another kiddie's P2P blog).

Night0wl
05-11-2010, 03:16 AM
I have a +10GB buffer on a 0.5Mbit line just by seeding what I downloaded for a while. And I only grabbed stuff I wanted old or new. I don't get why you say it's useless. I find it great for rarer stuff.

I of course just use some 0-sec tracker for the popular new stuff and whole dvd seasons or TVTorrents, so it's not my main TV tracker, but I still like it enough to keep it alive for the occasional download, which I'll only find there.

Rart
05-11-2010, 03:17 AM
This post pretty much summed up my view on the topic:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-boost-your-ratio-in-bitmetv-post3432303/postcount22

I've been saying it all along: I don't see why so many people seem to absolutely adore BMTV when there are far better sites (in basically every aspect) that are far easier to get into.

A
05-11-2010, 03:46 AM
Ratio system is flawed and it dosent adhere to the intended purpose it started out with.Its now Buffer and then hit and run.I guess users just have to deal with it.

Hrusciov
05-11-2010, 05:23 AM
I figured this out long time ago... Now, I keep this site in case something bad happens to freshon.tv.

Btw, freshon.tv doesn't need donations ;) . also, you can select what shows you want to see in the browse page.

That1Guy
05-11-2010, 05:24 AM
While it is a bitch to keep a ratio there, once u get a little buffer there bmtv is still the best site i have for season packs. There are a couple others ive been using more and more. BMTV still has them beat.

Artemis
05-11-2010, 05:34 AM
Do you ever make a post that's not a direct copy and paste with no credit to the source? (Albeit a pretty stupid one in this case, yet another kiddie's P2P blog).

In Hombre's defence he has posted an original thread here, and this little gem is it: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-lounge-10/t-ever-convinced-a-woman-to-do-anal-402871

sam45
05-11-2010, 05:37 AM
Well for those who hate it so much - simply stop using it.

There's always something I download from there that I can't find anywhere else,
no I won't get into specifics, and ratio has never been an issue for me.

I like how every show has its own category, season packs released shortly after the last episode
is available, the re-encodes for certain shows are nice too, and there are many things that
are great about BitmeTV.

For the average user, they can definitely find 90% of the content somewhere else,
but people shouldn't try so hard to get in, at the end of the day, it's just another
torrent tracker, who cares about what level it is ( well, at least I don't )

I personally like it a lot, and use it almost every day.

I find it amusing that you copy and paste about how BitmeTV is overrated, and at the bottom
you put a disclaimer that says.

Note:This is just informative and i don't have nothing with bitmetv as a tracker.If you have it you should use it as much as you can.I respect the tracker, the staff and the work they put to making this tracker.

If you respect the tracker so much, then why bring this post here in the first place?

Mihai
05-11-2010, 10:32 AM
I just read it and it says:Bitmetv is starting to be overrated.

Not sure if true but i do agree that freshon.tv+Tvtorrents.com is all you need to find anything.

superjojo
05-11-2010, 11:12 AM
It's true that for every regular tv-show addict FreshonTV and TVTorrents
have it all. But on BitMeTV there are a lot of series that couldn't be found elsewhere. Maybe it is little overrated and you are
all saying how difficult it is to seed there but iPlay or SCC are also very difficult to seed. And noone complains that they are overrated. And now one will say that SCC has really awesome pretimes but for a regular user it doesn't matter if he gets the release 27,4 seconds later on some other tracker. For me BitMeTV is the best but all other tvtrackers are also awesome.

Cut-Copy-Paste
05-11-2010, 11:26 AM
SCC are also very difficult to seed.

With whole freaking Archive And Mp3 section at Freeleech god saves u.
More over Scc is all about getting files ASAP. so if u can wait u dont need 2 join

IdolEyes787
05-11-2010, 12:09 PM
SCC are also very difficult to seed.

With whole freaking Archive And Mp3 section at Freeleech god saves u.
More over Scc is all about getting files ASAP. so if u can wait u dont need 2 join

I think the point being ( as made in the original granted semi-retarded copy/paste post)that if a site basically requires that you download a lot of supercilious stuff just to maintain ratio then something is probably wrong .
As for needing something "ASAP", unless maybe you cut yourself and need something to stop the bleeding, that is intrinsically stupid .

Disme
05-11-2010, 12:26 PM
As for needing something "ASAP", unless maybe you cut yourself and need something to stop the bleeding, that is intrinsically stupid .

Sometimes I wish Candidian was my mothertongue ... I could have said so much more in 1700+ posts :cry:

caem96
05-11-2010, 12:28 PM
on bitmetv there are web-dl series?

IdolEyes787
05-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Sometimes I wish Candidian was my mothertongue ... I could have said so much more in 1700+ posts :cry:

It really wouldn't be that much of an adjustment.
Being from Belgium you already live in a bilingual country and are used to good beer and crappy weather .Now just start calling football soccer and then ignore it in favor of hockey ,end every third sentence with eh ( "That double double at Tim Horton's was decent eh") and I doubt if anyone could (at least in passing )really tell the difference.:idunno:

Oh course for intimate encounters you still will need a maple leaf tattoo but that goes without saying.

Mihai
05-11-2010, 01:17 PM
I think the point being ( as made in the original granted semi-retarded copy/paste post)that if a site basically requires that you download a lot of supercilious stuff just to maintain ratio then something is probably wrong .

I think so too.Why download as he said:Things you don't need?

Disme
05-11-2010, 01:21 PM
ignore it in favor of hockey

Already taken care of ... been playing (field) hockey since the age of 7 :happy:

Why download as he said:Things you don't need?

Even better ... why download/upload when you can cheat :whistling

Mihai
05-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Good point.But why cheat if you don't intend to download anything?:slap:

Disme
05-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Good point.But why cheat if you don't intend to download anything?:slap:
Buffer, baby, buffer ... higher userclasses ... more invites ... more trading etc ... don't think I have to spell that out for you :slap:

IdolEyes787
05-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Already taken care of ... been playing (field) hockey since the age of 7 :happy:

Here we just call that running around and hitting other people with sticks.
Pretty much describes any Saturday night after the Country bars close.

anon
05-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Once had an account there, but it died of inactivity. TvT and/or any 0-Day tracker easily fulfill my TV needs. BitMeTV appears to be a great archive for rare/obscure shows, though.

nthpeter
05-11-2010, 05:25 PM
I found an old british series on BiteMeTV i havent seen anywhere else. Yes, it had 2 seeders but i dl'd it anyway because i loved that show.

IdolEyes787
05-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Which series?

kingeater
05-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Hehe, I like my BitMeTV account too, and I didn't find it too bad to keep a good ratio over there either, made it to VIP within 6 months with this shitty 10/1 connection :P Good for rare tv series and documentaries. If anyone ever has ratio trouble over there, best thing to do is try and find some docs (National Geographic/Discovery/History) that haven't been upped yet, up em, and you are ready to rock n roll :D

Quarterquack
05-11-2010, 08:33 PM
BMTV is the worst resource for old australian TV shows, though. :( I can never find any aussie stuff I'm looking for. (To be honest, I do look for vague stuff)

phoenix_
05-11-2010, 11:04 PM
BitMeTV is good for old shows that other TV sites may not have. It's more or less equal to other sites on new shows.

Their straight-forward ratio system sucks, but it's still manageable. Best way to build a buffer is to partial seed new popular shows.

cinephilia
05-11-2010, 11:16 PM
BitMeTV is good for old shows that other TV sites may not have.
which fucking ones? everyone says the same thing over and over but they never drop any names.

IdolEyes787
05-11-2010, 11:21 PM
They also say that everything is OK if you just don't properly download any shows.

Btw I gave one once ( Dempsey and Makepeace) and somebody showed me it was also on TVTorrents.

phoenix_
05-11-2010, 11:25 PM
meh, for the record I prefer TVT.com

7th
05-12-2010, 12:07 AM
I don't see why so many people seem to absolutely adore BMTV

Because it's hard to get in? :unsure:

cinephilia
05-12-2010, 12:12 AM

Because it's hard to get in? :unsure:
wrong!
the answer is: because bitmetv has obscure tv-shows you can't find anywhere else :shifty:

IdolEyes787
05-12-2010, 12:12 AM

Look at the people who say they adore it and then tell me if you would put then at the top of your "best people in the world" list.

cinephilia
05-12-2010, 12:16 AM
i know for a fact that bitmetv has tv-shows that have never been shown on tv :yup:

Cabalo
05-12-2010, 12:20 AM
They also say that everything is OK if you just don't properly download any shows.

Btw I gave one once ( Dempsey and Makepeace) and somebody showed me it was also on TVTorrents.
I did it, you grumpy old git.

Rart
05-12-2010, 12:21 AM
That's the ol Canadian gratitude right there.

What did you expect? :rolleyes:

Cabalo
05-12-2010, 12:30 AM
About the issue in question, I don't think bitmetv is overrated.
After all, the last time I checked, their invites were being sold for "only" 15€, whereas for example CN's cost 35€. So, they are not that overrated.

IdolEyes787
05-12-2010, 12:58 AM

The memory is the first thing to go.Besides you should be thankful I actually paid attention to something you said for a change.

Anyway why do you two guys have blue stars ?

Cabalo
05-12-2010, 01:07 AM

The memory is the first thing to go.Besides you should be thankful I actually paid attention to something you said for a change.

Anyway why do you two guys have blue stars ?
Because I donated for an invite. :happy:
Must get the green ones, but I heard it's not that simple, I have yet to earn them in jokes.

THEBAR
05-12-2010, 01:49 AM
I have about 150Gb buffer, but these days I don't use it much.
I find that SCC and GFT suit my needs better. I've even noticed that a lot of uploaders often grab it from SCC and then reupload it to BitMeTV.

To be fair there are somethings I do like and enjoy about BitmeTV, one that comes to mind is the Icon's for almost every show.

Neoworld
05-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Bitmetv is not overated. Hard to seed? Definetly. But as a TV resource not overated at all IMO.

It was the only place I could find Friday Night Lights when it was airing its 3rd season while it was on DirecTV before it was rebroadcast on NBC.

karachidude
05-12-2010, 11:23 AM
yes BMTV is overratted,BTN for me is at the top of the stack,a really well made and thought out place :)

A
05-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Complaining how the system sucks means we should stop using it?

cinephilia
05-12-2010, 12:10 PM
let it go. now it's trendy to say that "being member is not a right but a privilege", it's "their tracker their rules" etc just like it was trendy to be an anti-trader back in the day.

sam45
05-13-2010, 03:50 AM

To some it's great - to others it sucks - it's a matter of preference.

I personally like the tracker, and use it pretty much every single day, without any ratio issues. But then again, I took the time to be an uploader for a long time, and contributed to the place, those whining and complaining don't do anything to contribute to the tracker.

Perhaps they only joined because of the "level"

If everybody went around bashing every tracker they didn't like, this place would become so cluttered.

Like for example - I don't use GFT at all since there are NO leechers ever, and thus downloading from there is painfully SLOW, for being a ratio free tracker, it's hard to believe that hardly anyone ever uses it. The last 50 torrents have under 10 snatches, most haven't even been snatched at all. So it's simple, since I don't like that tracker - I don't use it - and use others that suit my needs.

I'm sure someone will say that GFT is great for THEM, but it's not great for ME - and did I make a long boring post about how the tracker is overrated?

Well - maybe now I did - but only to prove a point, and to point out the obvious.

Quit whining, and if you don't like it - then use others that suit your fancy - simple

Radon0r
05-13-2010, 06:08 AM
let it go. now it's trendy to say that "being member is not a right but a privilege", it's "their tracker their rules" etc just like it was trendy to be an anti-trader back in the day.

As with a lot of your posts, you're spot on with this one. People who follow the trends make a lot of thoughtless posts that are really saying, "I buy into this idea. Gimme cookie now!"

I personally like the tracker, and use it pretty much every single day, without any ratio issues. But then again, I took the time to be an uploader for a long time, and contributed to the place, those whining and complaining don't do anything to contribute to the tracker.

"con·trib·ute
/kənˈtrɪbyut/[kuhn-trib-yoot] verb,-ut·ed, -ut·ing.
–verb (used with object)
to give (money, time, knowledge, assistance, etc.) to a common supply, fund, etc., as for charitable purposes. [i.e., seeding]
to furnish (an original written work, drawing, etc.) for publication: to contribute stories to a magazine." [i.e., uploading]

Seeding what you download is contributing, as is uploading. Placing greater value on one versus the other to suit your ego is fun but doesn't jive with reality.

Like for example - I don't use GFT at all since there are NO leechers ever, and thus downloading from there is painfully SLOW, for being a ratio free tracker, it's hard to believe that hardly anyone ever uses it. The last 50 torrents have under 10 snatches, most haven't even been snatched at all. So it's simple, since I don't like that tracker - I don't use it - and use others that suit my needs.

I'm sure someone will say that GFT is great for THEM, but it's not great for ME - and did I make a long boring post about how the tracker is overrated?

Well - maybe now I did - but only to prove a point, and to point out the obvious.

Quit whining, and if you don't like it - then use others that suit your fancy - simple

I <3 GFT. I use GFT and don't use BMTV probably as much as you do the opposite. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

sam45
05-13-2010, 07:15 AM
I <3 GFT. I use GFT and don't use BMTV probably as much as you do the opposite. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

That's exactly my point - different trackers are suited for different people - I think I use 5 or 6 trackers that cover all my needs

Plus, I wasn't an uploader at a few trackers to suit my ego - it was a lot of fun, but time consuming in the end.

I don't personally care about pre-times, I'll download something when ever it's needed, and when ever it's available, unless we're talking about Lost!

pnmgomes
05-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Lol :-)
Tv Tracker ... hummmmmmmm
What everyone is looking for :
FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
GOOD SPEEDS
LARGE DATABASE (TORRENTS)
EASY TO SEED
FREE LEECH
surely it's not bitmetv

Do you want all mentioned above ?

ok ...
try :

tvtorrentz.org

AND IT'S NOT OVERRATED :P

0th
05-18-2010, 12:30 PM
freshon and tvt.com are two good alternatives that have the same or even more peers, though i think the series on bmtv are better organized.

megabyteme
05-18-2010, 04:33 PM
try :

tvtorrentz.org

AND IT'S NOT OVERRATED :P

+1

Discussing a copy&paste topic from Hombre is like going to a ventriloquist show and talking to the dummy.

Raban
05-19-2010, 12:51 PM
ITT: all people who wish they were on bitmetv

i am on the site and it is great everyone here is just jealous

IdolEyes787
05-19-2010, 01:35 PM
ITT: all people who wish they were on bitmetv

i am on the site and it is great everyone here is just jealous

That kind of simplistic thinking will get you far in life. :ermm:
OK Mr too cool for capitals ,besides the fact that it has some hard to find shows ( which btw other trackers are constantly closing the gap on),why exactly( as opposed to those other o TV sites) is BMTV so "great"?

awaited
05-19-2010, 02:31 PM
simply, because it is a higher level tracker:rolleyes:

anon
05-19-2010, 02:53 PM
besides the fact that it has some hard to find shows ( which btw other trackers are constantly closing the gap on),why exactly( as opposed to those other o TV sites) is BMTV so "great"?

Because it's the best TV tracker that exists :yup: