10-29-2003, 05:27 AM
THIS IS THE FIRST SITE I'VE BUILT FROM SCRATCH - PURE HTML AND PERL

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

(0)(0)

WWW.THEAUCTIONMAN.NET

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

imported_Catracho
10-29-2003, 05:36 AM
Some spammer you are....when a n00bie comes here and advertises his/her site or any other is asking for trouble :angry:

The_Auction_Man_NET
10-29-2003, 05:38 AM
mAYBE THEY SHOULD MAKE A TOPIC FOR SPAMMING AND ADVERTISING SMARTIE!

nikita69
10-29-2003, 05:38 AM
are u offering any major discounts for KL member? and do u accept food stamps? (no not the government checks) :lol: :lol:

The_Auction_Man_NET
10-29-2003, 05:39 AM
wELL DO YOU LIKE MY RACK????????????????????????

The_Auction_Man_NET
10-29-2003, 05:41 AM
jUST KIDDING NOT MY SITE BUT ITS COOL THOUGH AND FREE TO SELL ON! :D

Virtualbody1234
10-29-2003, 05:43 AM
sOMETING WRONG WITH YOU CAPS LOCK?

Rip The Jacker
10-29-2003, 05:53 AM
The only thing worse than a spammer is a spammer with his caps lock broken. <_<

TuRn iT oFf
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:I-0QyJ6Les8C:www.ivygreen.ctc.edu/avery/activities/tech/images/Caps_Lock.jpg

silent VI
10-29-2003, 07:55 AM
mAYBE THEY SHOULD MAKE A TOPIC FOR SPAMMING AND ADVERTISING SMARTIE&#33;

spam all you want here (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=20470) :o

Jayhawk
10-29-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by The_Auction_Man_NET@29 October 2003 - 00:27
THIS IS THE FIRST SITE I&#39;VE BUILT FROM SCRATCH - PURE HTML AND PERL

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

(0)(0)

WWW.THEAUCTIONMAN.NET

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D
the first way to get people to like you here is:
1. turn off the Fricken CAPS lock
2. dont SPAM our forum with your crap.

have a nice day and dont spam your crap&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :angry:

TheMusicMan
10-29-2003, 11:01 AM
Well since you asked for feedback here it is:

The design itself is cheap since it comes free with the auction script itself. There are tons of sites like that - to name only one: www.1001trocs.com ...

The next thing is that the website itself is hosted on a machine with 624 websites on it - meaning if there are only 2 visitors on each hosted site the server goes down instantly (no future for this site if it stays this way)

If you don&#39;t believe it ask your webhost (INTERNET-MAXX.COM) if I am NOT right to say that the following 100 sites are hosted on the same machine:

www.0ld.org
www.1800gallagher.com
www.1964chevy.com
www.1gun.com
www.4barleygreen.com
www.4compaq.com
www.4nokia.net
www.73cn.com
www.8222falmouthcourt.com
www.911th.org
www.911th.us
www.9news.net
www.Aceracing24.com
www.Achosting.com
www.Actionracingphotos.com
www.Adirondackcountry.net
www.Adultmaxxx.com
www.Adulttoyresources.com
www.Aiwa.net
www.Alaz.net
www.Alexconsulting.com
www.Allamericancheerleaders.com
www.Allfox.com
www.Alohajuicers.com
www.Amberboardman.com
www.Americanpho.com
www.Analrapingmonkeyfuck.com
www.Andrewjhenderson.com
www.Angelmia.com
www.Aokcredit.com
www.Apachewebmarketing.com
www.Aqilkhan.com
www.Arirom.net
www.Aristacraft.com
www.Arshin.com
www.Artemisinternetdesign.com
www.Asiaone.org
www.Asunderstone.com
www.Atomisgod.com
www.Auctionct.com
www.Auctionsplanet.com
www.Auctionswest.com
www.Autosolve.net
www.Azbrat.com
www.Azersky.com
www.Azzurrisoccerclub.com
www.B-buy.com
www.Babliuc.com
www.Baughsbengals.com
www.Bcrocks.com
www.Beankid.com
www.Beat-the-pump.com
www.Becka.org
www.Behandy.com
www.Bethechamp.com
www.Bharatgas.com
www.Bidave.com
www.Bidblock.com
www.Bidboom.com
www.Bidboys.com
www.Bidderdepot.com
www.Bidfanatic.net
www.Bidfever.net
www.Bidfire.net
www.Bidgalaxy.com
www.Bidhaven.net
www.Bidheaven.com
www.Bidhut.net
www.Bidplanet.net
www.Bidsnbuy.com
www.Bikinistripoff.com
www.Bizdici.net
www.Bmxbiking.com
www.Bodystrengthandbalance.com
www.Bondholding.com
www.Books4you.net
www.Bornwithatail.net
www.Brandonreader.com
www.Brooklyn-lutheran.us
www.Bttr-radio.com
www.Bubblesafe.com
www.Budgetboats.net
www.Bugzy.net
www.Bushmastersource.com
www.Buy-and-name-a-star.com
www.Buyprimaldefense.com
www.Buysaletrade.net
www.C21hosting.com
www.Cambodianministry.com
www.Cambodianministry.org
www.Cambodianmission.org
www.Cambodiannoodle.com
www.Cambodianpho.com
www.Cambodiansoupandgrill.com
www.Careersingaming.com
www.Carried.net
www.Casadehits.com
www.Cascadeconference.org
www.Cats-and-dogs.com
www.Cd-it.net

just to name the first 100...

Result: This site (as it is now) won&#39;t become a well known site since the owners seem to not care about offering a reliable service to their clients. A possible reason would be that there is not enough money involved to start something "real". You can&#39;t expect a site to grow with a shared server that hosts 264 sites plus a free script.. that does&#39;t work.

You asked for a review - well here it is :)

RGX
10-29-2003, 11:32 AM
^
|
|
|
|
|

BTW, he is our forum host, so yes he does know how to run reliable and successful websites

and please please stop spamming and turn off the F-ING CAPS&#33;

The_Auction_Man_NET
10-29-2003, 04:35 PM
Darker -
Thanks for the critique...Are you sure that that&#39;s the only server hosting all those sites? Maybe he has a cluster going. If so , how do you know?

Keep it real&#33;

:w00t:

TheMusicMan
10-29-2003, 07:49 PM
How do I know... that&#39;s a good question ;)

I do hosting, network management and security development since many years. There are some nice features that you can use to get a list of domain names that are hosted per box. Some of them are known - some of them are insider informations (due the fact that such information is worth much money to some webhosts).

I just can say that all domains are hosted on the same machine like your site - if you don&#39;t think so ask your host and he can confirm it (if he is not scared hehe)

The server that you use is a typical "make money" server (which your host did rent for 99 - 200 US &#036; / month at www.ev1servers.com)

Do the math:

624 sites x 10 &#036; = 6240 US &#036; - price your host paid = ~6000 US &#036; winnings

A lot of hosts do that to make cash but well.... clients will notice it once they need more resources or the server is slow :)

Overselling is a nice business if you just want cash but nothing that a real business owner would do if he plans to have happy customers...

If you don&#39;t believe me.. well simply click

START > command line > ping DOMAINNAME

and you will see that all of the listed domain names resolve to the same machine :)

If you know more about DNS etc you can use some other ways to verify that

D

The_Auction_Man_NET
11-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Darker,

It sounds like you know quite a bit about hosting. Our site had people emailing other people about it (spamming) and in turn we got heat for it. How would you recommend we avoid problems when people passively spamming to promote our site. In other words we didn&#39;t spam , the spamming was done from someone else on a totally different network. Should we hosting in a different country where those spam laws don&#39;t apply? Thanks in advance for any help.

TheMusicMan
11-04-2003, 05:16 PM
Spamming is never allowed and if people do it then it has a reason that you accept by offering affiliate programs. Once thing that you can do is to outsource your affiliate programs to people like cj.com then nobody will spam since that&#39;s not possible.

About spamming in general: If any spam mail comes from your server ALL sites on the server will get in trouble meaning that you are responsible for any losses that other sites make due blacklisting of your IP (which is used by all others too)

So if you do the math:

624 sites on the server (didnt check if it is more now)

Let&#39;s say 5 of all these sites are successful sites that actually make money = you have to pay for their losses if your site is involved in spam. Doesn&#39;t matter if your server is in the US / Europe / Asia - they sue you in your country and not the host plus they blacklist your domain and not your hosts server only.

Another fact: People will not be able to receive emails from you meaning they dont get and auction emails / warning emails / billing emails which makes your business a dead business...

So if you offer something like "refer a friend" use tellafriend.com or cj.com

The_Auction_Man_NET
11-06-2003, 02:28 AM
Darker,

So if I hated someone&#39;s site and sent spam out about their site on my own computer or public one...then would he could get his server shut down like you are saying, right? That is if someone complained.

thx,

the auctionman

TheMusicMan
11-06-2003, 02:56 AM
That depends if it is a real affiliate from you or not. If he is a registered one then you will get into troubles - if you don&#39;t run an affiliate program then you will maybe not run into troubles.

Depends on the investigation of the spam sender. But then again - once blacklisted = bad for your site - doesnt matter if you did spam or a unknown user.

Wolfmight
11-06-2003, 02:13 PM
tHIS IS A RIPP OFF OF EBAY