PDA

View Full Version : Why did you donate to FTN?

A
05-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Just a poll to know why you donated to FTN

Why do people donate? I couldn't speak for these people mainly because I don't know them really. If i had to guess though I imagine some of them donated to help out a site that has been very good to them over the years, to give back after being given so much. Hell maybe some hoping to get invites. Again I don't know peoples motives so i guess you'll have to track them down individually or start a thread and see.

b3owulf
05-11-2010, 04:38 PM
I didn't donate :unsure:

Why starting thread with poll if you already know the results? Yes, FTN is selling invites too, almost everyone does, so what? You can bash them even without a poll. Oh, that's FST :D Anyway,
* b3owulf brings some popcorn and waits for drama to start!

anon
05-11-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm not a member so I guess the fourth option is for me.

Detale
05-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Well there really should be a "i'm not a member option" as well.

1000possibleclaws
05-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Well there really should be a "i'm not a member option" as well.

:unsure:

anon
05-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Damn, I have already voted. :lol:

tippertime
05-11-2010, 07:37 PM
FTN is selling invites too, almost everyone does, so what?

I donated quite a bit and didn't receive any invites so I wouldn't put them in the same category with other sites that flat out say you donate this much you get X amount of invites...

but if they do change their mind on the subject you can't really blame them, they have a fairly small user base and it sucks to have to rely on the same people all the time to keep the place afloat.

incentives for donations don't hurt anyone...most people aren't buying invites to give to random people

sake
05-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Not a member :)

th0r
05-11-2010, 09:04 PM
i knew brandon even before he started ftn and he has always been one of the nicest e-people i know, so occasionally i support his small community

Cabalo
05-11-2010, 09:30 PM
FTN is my dream!

cinephilia
05-11-2010, 09:46 PM
FTN is my dream!
it's not only your dream but everyone's dream!

SH00T
05-11-2010, 10:06 PM
didn't care about it
they now only care about your money like all trackers do in different ways

teonanacatl
05-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Basicly because I love the site.
Been a member since DofR shut down, and since I had a really crappy connection back then, this was the perfect site for me.
It's definitely the tracker I'm most active on, and I get most of my stuff from here.
Not that there arent any alternatives, but this is, to me, definitely the best one out there.

P2PDog
05-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Because I wanted to. I like the site and I want it to survive. Brandon has never given me any reason to distrust him, and I see no reason not to believe the issue with paypal wasn't as he described.

Detale
05-12-2010, 12:57 AM
What's this poll supposed to prove again?

The_Martinator
05-12-2010, 07:52 AM
didn't care about it
they now only care about your money like all trackers do in different ways

They're complete idiots, yeah. There's a far better currency around, it's called tracker invites and buffered accounts. Right? :lol:

Cut-Copy-Paste
05-12-2010, 10:37 AM
^ I dont know why the popcorn guy kicked me when i offered him FTN invite :dry:

Magnum
05-12-2010, 11:20 AM

Why starting thread with poll if you already know the results? Yes, FTN is selling invites too, almost everyone does, so what?
I agree with what you say....:yup:

A
05-12-2010, 11:24 AM

Why starting thread with poll if you already know the results? Yes, FTN is selling invites too, almost everyone does, so what?
I agree with what you say....:yup:
Tip:Read the first post.It explains why i created this thread.

sake
05-12-2010, 01:48 PM
FTN is my dream!

You, liar :D You are a member there, i am sure :D

Cabalo
05-12-2010, 02:44 PM
FTN is my dream!

You, liar :D You are a member there, i am sure :D
Any nick match is just pure coincidence. :angel_not

sake
05-12-2010, 03:04 PM
you, liar :d you are a member there, i am sure :d
any nick match is just pure coincidence. :angel_not

haha for sure

Summer
05-12-2010, 03:09 PM
I donated because the site is one of the few trackers where I feel I can trust the staff. Balajik and Silver are two of the kindest and fairest tracker staff I've ever had the pleasure to know. FTN has a great community and we wanted the site to continue to thrive. It seemed like such a waste for such a wonderful tracker to die over such a small issue as frozen paypal funds.

IdolEyes787
05-12-2010, 03:34 PM
I've donated to FTN and other places for many reasons both good and bad.

The good ( or at least less bad) :
The simple irrational joy that you get in giving .Sometimes the simple fact is that it is better to give than to receive.
Since I use the place and they don't run on air I felt it was the right thing to do.
They were crying low on funds and although maybe stupid I'm not entirely heartless.
Not directly to the tracker per se but when some charity was involved.

The neutral :
To get a(n) invite(s) for someone I either knew well or maybe only casually but thought "deserved" one ( I did say I might be stupid)
Although not applicable to FTN -for upload credit /userclass/immunity from pruning etc.I'm not especially proud of the fact but since the tracker itself makes it an option it's (hopefully)not intrinsically "bad".

The bad:
Sadly for simply "status".To have a star or whatever the associated site might give you and so consequentially been seen as being "good" even though in specific cases because of the reasoning behind it that would be far from true.

That said between all those reasons I don't think rightly or wrongly that there are many trackers that I belong/have belonged to that I haven't given at least a little money .
Or course the same could apparently be said about people who buy invites to simply resell them on Ebay so that fact alone hardly makes me better than anyone else .

sake
05-12-2010, 05:31 PM
The neutral :
To get a(n) invite(s) for someone I either knew well or maybe only casually but thought "deserved" one ( I did say I might be stupid).

Guys, it`s time for us to make some RQ threads :D

Enlightened
05-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Well, reality is reality! - Without $$$, who is going to foot the bill for the server & upkeep.But, at the same time most Trackers also want good members, NOT to leak ou their privacy,security,good seeders and so on, But not all good members have $$$ to burn , - either they are students and what not

At the same time, Not all members that "DONATE" are good members too...so the challenge is for Tracker Admin. & staff is to find Good paying members for continual survival of the Trackers, U see it in FTN, now in FSC & the ONLY Tracker that "refuses" donation is my all time fourite XXX - Emporium

Their motto is - " We will NEVER ask for donations. PLEASE do NOT send any money to us. "" .....GL - my 2 cents, hope is worth somethin'.

anonymous0711
05-12-2010, 10:21 PM
[/B] .....GL - my 2 cents, hope is worth somethin'.

Well most trackers i have seen have a 5 dollar/euro minimum donation so no your 2 cents isnt worth anything :p

Radon0r
05-13-2010, 12:29 AM
...the ONLY Tracker that "refuses" donation is my all time fourite XXX - Emporium

Their motto is - " [/B]We will NEVER ask for donations. PLEASE do NOT send any money to us. "

PureTNA has the same motto btw.

As far as the poll, I am not a member so 'nuff said. That being said, I am a member of GFT and it's one of my favorite sites, so I'll probably help them out. What comes around goes around and all that. ;)

Enlightened
05-13-2010, 02:09 AM

Well most trackers i have seen have a 5 dollar/euro minimum donation so no your 2 cents isnt worth anything :p

I did NOT remember asking U about your F **kin 2 cents is worth MORE than Mine.....so U do NOT have to knock someone down to make your STUPID comment.
Have some RESPECT, since U are just a New Kid on the Block....Got it , need I put U back in your place.!! :angry::angry::angry:

awaited
05-13-2010, 04:20 AM

I did NOT remember asking U about your F **kin 2 cents is worth MORE than Mine.....so U do NOT have to knock someone down to make your STUPID comment.
Have some RESPECT, since U are just a New Kid on the Block....Got it , need I put U back in your place.!! :angry::angry::angry:
I think he didn't mean it:ermm:. btw Just guessing from the ":p" at the end.

Enlightened
05-13-2010, 05:02 AM
I think he didn't mean it:ermm:. btw Just guessing from the ":p" at the end.

If he shows an American Flag, surely he knows what "my 2 cents" mean... unless he is Not an American, just simply putting up the flag.:01:

Is best to offer your comment or opinion without stepping on any one toes, that is always what I am going by... It's call RESPECT !!.:yup::yup:

0Ri0N
05-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Cause Trackers only survive with members donations?

anonymous0711
05-13-2010, 06:34 PM
i mean it was intended as a joke, as you are also displaying an american flag i would have thought you would have been able to see the "pun" intended but apparently not...
i would apologize but i dont care because you sound like a sensitive douche to me
i mean isnt it hypocritical to expect me to understand your saying and then get upset when you dont understand my sarcasm and/or the emoticons that accompany them?

new kid on the block my ass, get off ur high horse just because you have a high post count on an internet site does not make you cool so act accordingly jackass

Enlightened
05-13-2010, 07:53 PM
i mean it was intended as a joke, as you are also displaying an american flag i would have thought you would have been able to see the "pun" intended but apparently not...
i would apologize but i dont care because you sound like a sensitive douche to me
i mean isnt it hypocritical to expect me to understand your saying and then get upset when you dont understand my sarcasm and/or the emoticons that accompany them?

new kid on the block my ass, get off ur high horse just because you have a high post count on an internet site does not make you cool so act accordingly jackass

Wow.. a lot of Knock me down kinda words,U think FST need your sarcastic remarks as a contribution?

Why do u need to step on some one toes to make your damn point?
So, U hurled sarcastic remarks and U call me a touchy Douche...?

So far, I still have NOT call u any names in all my replies. Why don't U chheck on yourself, instead of shooting off your sarcastic mouth and STOP THINKING WITH YOUR DICK !!

redMonster
05-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Why is the poll allowing voting for more than one option again? I voted for all of them. Talk about abuse. :cool:

anonymous0711
05-13-2010, 08:12 PM
How would i be thinking with my dick in this situation? that saying doesnt even apply to anything remotely resembling what is going on here so honestly if you want ppl to understand you start making sense...
As for whether or not FST "needs" my sarcastic remarks, no they dont but they honestly dont "need" anything that is posted here and a good majority of the posts are worthless spam anyways so i fail to see how my post is making any less of a contribution than anything you have said...

Honestly i made a joke to begin with, everyone else took it as so except for you so by definition i wasnt hurling an insult, i was stating a fact when i called you a touchy and/or sensitive. As for being a douche by the way you reacted i was just stating what i thought was pretty obvious to everyone else

If you want to play the "bigger man" card then reacting the way you are is completely inappropriate and you should just ignore me
otherwise do not act like you have reacted in a way that is any less petty and immature than i have because you haven't and would have to be completely ignorant to think otherwise

Enlightened
05-13-2010, 11:19 PM
Honestly i made a joke to begin with, everyone else took it as so except

I am glad, U are so eloquent in your xplanation... BTW,..all about NOTHING Much to say..so much so, U are even speaking for others and their 2 cents worth, why don't U stick with your 2 cents, and try NOT to step on someone toes, the next time U shoot off your mouth.:angry:
I remember making my 2 cents worth, without referencing or attacking anyone, but Uyour comment about My 2 cents isn't worth anything, so who is on the high horse?:rolleyes:

Cabalo
05-14-2010, 03:27 AM
How can a complete mess start with such a misinterpretation. I took anonymous0711 comment as a joke.
If it keeps this way, soon Idol will be in trouble...

Enlightened
05-14-2010, 05:54 AM
How can a complete mess start with such a misinterpretation. I took anonymous0711 comment as a joke.
If it keeps this way, soon Idol will be in trouble...

Originally Posted by Enlightened http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/buttons_fst/viewpost.gif (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-why-did-you-donate-to-ftn-411561-post3452619)

When u quote paraphrase or take section of my post, and made reference to it, - That my 2 cents[ meaning MY OPINION] - DOES NOT MATTER , I fail to see the F**kin JOKE?

anonymous0711
05-14-2010, 06:00 AM
it was a pun( a form of word play which exploits the ambiguity of a statement, allowing it to be understood in multiple ways for an intended humorous or rhetorical effect)

at one point you made reference to the fact that if i was after all from the US as it suggests in my profile than i would have understood your reference to your "2 cents"
well if you are also from the US as yours suggest than you would understand the use of a pun

Detale
05-14-2010, 06:52 AM
Seems someone isn't so Enlightened after all huh? Clearly it was a joke.

ElitUser
05-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Donate to FTN for keep site alive.

ar2de2
05-14-2010, 09:33 AM
not a member but lost money sucks :(

tharindu775
07-13-2010, 01:30 AM
could some one get into this tracker just by donating?

Hombre
07-13-2010, 01:38 AM
Why should i donate to tracker that gives me nothing in return? of course i don't donate and never will.

Champo101
07-13-2010, 02:21 AM
My dream...

Radon0r
07-13-2010, 02:49 AM
My dream...

Wow...seriously? :frusty:

Champo101
07-13-2010, 03:08 AM
My dream...

Wow...seriously? :frusty:

lol, no.

PooBar
07-13-2010, 11:40 AM
So how do I Donate to get in.Please let me know.

sake
07-13-2010, 12:34 PM

People who are members of FtN are able to donate and to invite other torrenters there :)

IdolEyes787
07-13-2010, 12:38 PM

People who are members of FtN are able to donate and to invite other torrenters there :)
But apparently not at the same time.:mellow:

karachidude
07-13-2010, 01:55 PM
17% donations only,so far for this month :(

bigdaddydude
07-13-2010, 04:30 PM
I am not a member of FTN.

TraLaLa
07-13-2010, 05:13 PM
haw many people idiots will pay for an account ?

th0r
07-13-2010, 08:30 PM
haw many people idiots will pay for an account ?w/ a post like this, i find it incredibly ironic that your custom user title states knowledge is power

PooBar
07-13-2010, 09:18 PM
I had an acc there but did not use it as i was getting all my stuff from TL and did not have a good look around the place.I went to login and bango..account gone..oh well ,I'll keep trying to get back in

bumrocks
07-14-2010, 03:09 PM
FTN is selling invites too, almost everyone does, so what?

I donated quite a bit and didn't receive any invites so I wouldn't put them in the same category with other sites that flat out say you donate this much you get X amount of invites...

According to the new announcement you may end up with your invite(s)...

Hombre
07-14-2010, 03:24 PM
From B itself:

So I've finally gotten some free time for the next month or two which I've decided to put a large amount of towards this site. I'll be pretty active during this time in our forums getting some feedback from you guys from time to time so be sure to check the main sections of the forum regularly for my presence.

There will also be a large amount of invites going out this month playing catch up for the last month or two and we're starting some work on a new system to help streamline things a bit. So for those of you who pm'd me asking about them and didn't get a response back, that was just it.

Lastly for this little news post we'll be moving servers again at some point this month which should further speed things up a bit (without increasing costs) and of course testing out some other things which I think you guys will like.

Lets see what we can get done shall we?

karachidude
07-14-2010, 04:34 PM
From B itself:

So I've finally gotten some free time for the next month or two which I've decided to put a large amount of towards this site. I'll be pretty active during this time in our forums getting some feedback from you guys from time to time so be sure to check the main sections of the forum regularly for my presence.

There will also be a large amount of invites going out this month playing catch up for the last month or two and we're starting some work on a new system to help streamline things a bit. So for those of you who pm'd me asking about them and didn't get a response back, that was just it.

Lastly for this little news post we'll be moving servers again at some point this month which should further speed things up a bit (without increasing costs) and of course testing out some other things which I think you guys will like.

Lets see what we can get done shall we?

so all the guys who wanna be apart of ftn,should open new threads and bitch fst for an invite,until they get it :D

Champo101
07-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Now FtN won't be so rare...

cyonix
07-15-2010, 01:58 AM
i have personally donated to the site just to help it out, but i don't no why so many want an invite its nothing really special and slow upload times, forums are not even that active :ermm: the only good thing in my option its good for packs.

check the pre times:

http://i27.tinypic.com/55sfo7.png

anon
07-15-2010, 01:58 PM
i don't no why so many want an invite

I think it had something to do with its "level" or something like that.

IdolEyes787
07-15-2010, 02:14 PM
i have personally donated to the site just to help it out, but i don't no why so many want an invite its nothing really special and slow upload times, forums are not even that active :ermm: the only good thing in my option its good for packs.

check the pre times:

http://i27.tinypic.com/55sfo7.png

And of course being ,you know, ratioless.:ermm:

PS (most) movie packs are retarded(as ,to a large extent ,are pretimes) as it is just a way for a tracker to create a lot of artificial GBs of traffic so consequentially ....... well you do the math.

Lol
07-15-2010, 03:00 PM
people finally came to their sense... i was talkin about those issues long time ago. I dont really care about a tracker anymore i want a movie i go to that one i want a game i buy it anyway bein on trackers requires a lot of work. But shame trackers are being abandoned really. On another personal note i actually enjoy it for certain trackers that was too cocky or rare to accept good candidates. If you are not willing to give people a chance, they wont give ya anyway aw btw i am bilkenter has been a long time had spare time on my hand waiting for dry cleaner. God thank you for banning me really, u kinda reminded me of having a real life drinking chivas with my friends on grass working out and so much more. One last note dont really sit in front of pc all day, a movie costs around 5 dollar, not much at all n u really enjoy it a lot more than sitting in front of a pc, i cant say buy everything legally, but try to do that really, u kinda enjoy it more because in my opinion most of the trackers require responsibility n they are entitled to that yet why would i wanna be constrained by certain rules if i can enjoy it limitlessly? you can ban me if you want but i really dont care and not planning on coming back at least not for a long time

God it really kinda gives me pleasure to see certain people paying out of their own pockets for their trackers. If only u were kind enough to others, things might have changed. Best thing to do with a tracker if u are cared about privacy n such, open it with the people u know from real. not the people u havent had a contact for a long time. I know it is messy but have fun...

Whatever u thought of me i really liked you back then :) was a nice forum here

Champo101
07-15-2010, 03:16 PM
They want i so they can feel accomplished for once :P

DonkeyPacker
07-15-2010, 03:39 PM
I've donated for both invites and to help the site when they said they needed it. I plan on donating again, when I can, for both reason. It's a really nice site, I use it a lot, so it's worth at least a few bucks to me.

IdolEyes787
07-15-2010, 05:08 PM
people finally came to their sense... i was talkin about those issues long time ago. I dont really care about a tracker anymore i want a movie i go to that one i want a game i buy it anyway bein on trackers requires a lot of work. But shame trackers are being abandoned really. On another personal note i actually enjoy it for certain trackers that was too cocky or rare to accept good candidates. If you are not willing to give people a chance, they wont give ya anyway aw btw i am bilkenter has been a long time had spare time on my hand waiting for dry cleaner. God thank you for banning me really, u kinda reminded me of having a real life drinking chivas with my friends on grass working out and so much more. One last note dont really sit in front of pc all day, a movie costs around 5 dollar, not much at all n u really enjoy it a lot more than sitting in front of a pc, i cant say buy everything legally, but try to do that really, u kinda enjoy it more because in my opinion most of the trackers require responsibility n they are entitled to that yet why would i wanna be constrained by certain rules if i can enjoy it limitlessly? you can ban me if you want but i really dont care and not planning on coming back at least not for a long time

God it really kinda gives me pleasure to see certain people paying out of their own pockets for their trackers. If only u were kind enough to others, things might have changed. Best thing to do with a tracker if u are cared about privacy n such, open it with the people u know from real. not the people u havent had a contact for a long time. I know it is messy but have fun...

Whatever u thought of me i really liked you back then :) was a nice forum here

Oddly one of the very ,very few thing lamer than wasting your life on bt is feeling the need to try and prove that you are better than the people who do.:mellow:

Also unless you've been aging in dog years you aren't old enough to drink yet bikenter.