PDA

View Full Version : need advice to buy server

SH00T
05-11-2010, 10:57 PM
i need to buy server ( windows )
i have team work we will get movies from torrent sites
then encode ( convert ) it
then upload it again to sites
like ( rapidshare - megaupload - hotfile - etc.. )
so i need high rams server about 16 gig
good processor like Intel Bi Xeon Quad
high bandwith about 15 tb
good Connection speed maybe 1 gig port

im searching for company with
best price
good quality
with low time down and good support team

everwicked
05-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Try rapidspeeds.com - they've got top of the line servers and have very good support.

slacker
05-12-2010, 05:46 AM
it seems like you're looking for the MG-09 servers from OVH :)

phauk
05-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Try rapidspeeds.com - they've got top of the line servers and have very good support.

yeah everwicked i'm with rapidspeeds too

they just bought over dédisales as well who were another ovh reseller, so they are obviously a massive company :whistling

heiska
05-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Don't even think about OVH in case you want to upload to hotfile/Megaupload. Their network is shit, the speeds are lame.

I would recommend server.lu, perhaps netdirekt.de or FDCServers. Or Leaseweb or SoloGigabit (not sure if they allow p2p).

phauk
05-16-2010, 11:06 AM
You are probably right concerning hotfile/Megaupload - Those are basically US based servers, and OVH has terrible speeds to everywhere except most of mainland Europe.

But still, being one of the biggest server providers in the world, OVH must be doing something right - although, their price is probably that reason.

sendleech
05-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Look at this one www.isgenoeg.nl

samson
05-16-2010, 02:22 PM
OVH.com have good speeds and all servers are unmetered.

for the specs your looking for, the MG bestof or MG max would be your best bet. the max offers a bigger hdd and would maybe be a better option for movies.

for downtime its very rare with ovh, as long as you dnt go through a crap reseller :whistling