PDA

View Full Version : Un - connectable on BTN

graywolf
05-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Umm.. I'm not sure.. It maybe the wrong thread to post this, but please pardon my mistake and help.

I just came back from the BTN interview which may have been successful.. but didn't due to the fact that I was un - connectable on the site.

Now, for this solution given to me was to go to portforward.com and try there.

Hmm.. i remember going there before and my ip is dynamic as well..

i don't remember everything, but I know that it had been unsuccessful before.

Can anyone help me in this? (connectable port, of course)

Help Appreciated! :)

anon
05-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Let's start with the basics... do you have a router? If so, what brand and model?

Also, note having a dynamic IP doesn't play any real role in connectability status.

anonymous0711
05-13-2010, 12:18 AM
i had problems connecting for a little while yesterday but its fine today maybe you should just try again

n00bz0r
05-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Google is your friend. Look around for countless tutorials about forwarding ports etc. If nothing works, bug the BTN FLS.

Comfort101
05-13-2010, 02:31 AM
Wait.. so you didnt pass the interview because you were not connectable? Can you use other sites and do they work fine? Are you sure that was the reason?

graywolf
05-13-2010, 03:04 AM
Let's start with the basics... do you have a router? If so, what brand and model?

Also, note having a dynamic IP doesn't play any real role in connectability status.

I have a Siemens SL2-141 router.

Err.. I meant about port forwarding. Its written on the page, that "To setup port forwarding on this router your computer needs to have a static ip address." in port forwarding for a HTTP.

i had problems connecting for a little while yesterday but its fine today maybe you should just try again

It still doesn't connect.

Google is your friend. Look around for countless tutorials about forwarding ports etc. If nothing works, bug the BTN FLS.

I'm new to this. I've never had to do port forwarding. I only know about the portforward.com

Wait.. so you didnt pass the interview because you were not connectable? Can you use other sites and do they work fine? Are you sure that was the reason?

It was written in their rule that if you're not connectable. Go to portforward.com Make yourself connectable and then come back for re interview, when you're done.

anon
05-13-2010, 02:13 PM

Have a look at this:
http://www.indiabroadband.net/bsnl-broadband/6565-configuring-siemens-sl2-141-wireless-port-forwarding.html

MiNiMAL
05-13-2010, 02:20 PM
http://portforward.com/

graywolf
05-13-2010, 04:24 PM

Have a look at this:
http://www.indiabroadband.net/bsnl-broadband/6565-configuring-siemens-sl2-141-wireless-port-forwarding.html

Nice.. but it didn't help. I followed all the steps. But still when I go to

http://passmetheremote.org/?action=connectable

The same "the port xx is closed and cannot be used at this time. Your IP address is ... "

P2PDog
05-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Don't waste your time. If you're connectable on other sites, then use TVT.com or TVT.ro for TV content. They're both better sites anyway.

graywolf
05-14-2010, 01:19 AM
Don't waste your time. If you're connectable on other sites, then use TVT.com or TVT.ro for TV content. They're both better sites anyway.

Ok.. Thanks for the info..

I better leave it then.. :)

azza2102
05-16-2010, 03:20 AM
If your not connectable you cant seed/leech torrents and the tracker cant see you.

This is very important in a no-ration tracker.

Funkin'
05-16-2010, 05:53 AM
Ok.. Thanks for the info..

I better leave it then.. :)

It's entirely up to you. And while I'm a TvT.com fan, BTN is getting better and better(content wise). I personally think it's a site to definitely hang onto. If you want to keep trying, then do what noobzor suggested and contact their FLS.

anon
05-16-2010, 04:29 PM
If your not connectable you cant seed/leech torrents and the tracker cant see you.

Not true. You can leech/seed torrents and the tracker can see you. You just can't receive incoming connections and thus be reached by other peers. Furthermore, two unconnectable peers can't contact each other at all.

I did get what you were aiming at, though. On a ratio-free tracker where seeding is important, speeds will be reduced if there are a lot of unconnectable peers.