PDA

View Full Version : circa survive

baysid3
05-13-2010, 10:52 AM
The new cd has finally release, and it is fantastic! are there any other fans? I was walking through best buy and actually heard "get out" being played on the radio! I never thought I'd see that..

If you've never heard of circa I recommend giving it a try, BE WARNED! the singer has a love it, or, hate it voice.

P.S. To Holy Fuck Fans (experimental instrumental)! They've dropped there new album, and it blows there old cd out of the water :w00t:

05-13-2010, 11:18 PM
I love Circa Survive. I plan on downloading this album soon.

1000possibleclaws
05-15-2010, 11:26 PM
It leaked about a month ago. I upped it somewhere, but I'm not really much of a fan of that experimental stuff, so I haven't given it a play yet.

06-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Listened to it for weeks now, and I still like it.

1000possibleclaws
08-22-2010, 03:20 PM
I've finally got around to listening it, it's really good so far. Anyone know if there is a significance behind the album art?

http://brennanv.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/circa-survive-blue-sky-noise-wallpaper-2.jpg

IdolEyes787
08-22-2010, 03:36 PM
I've finally got around to listening it, it's really good so far. Anyone know if there is a significance behind the album art?

http://brennanv.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/circa-survive-blue-sky-noise-wallpaper-2.jpg

From an interview with guitarist Colin Frangicetto

Also I think you can’t really talk about Circa Survive without mentioning Esao Andrews, who has created three amazing cover images for you. I know you’re something of an artist yourself and was curious whether there were any ideas you gave to him regarding the cover and what do you think of the final product?

It was weird. He gave us ten different sketches at first. I think we were all feeling like the last record’s image was going to be really hard to top. A lot of us were feeling, like, “Alright, where is it? Where is it?” because he always delivers. I remember sending an email of a list of thirty different things, like imagery, that I thought were really cool and had been playing with in my own art. Towards the end Esao was feeling a little bit of frustration and maybe, like, “Oh, shit. How am I going to top this last record?”

So the last thing I knew is we sent him an email of some imagery and we had given him one of the sketches specifically to focus on. Then a couple weeks later we saw the final image and it was just, like, “Bam. It was there [laughs].” As soon as I saw it I was so excited and so happy. I felt like he totally nailed it again. I’m a huge Esao fan and I have three of his prints hanging in my apartment that I live in with my girlfriend. I’m a fan beyond just what he does for us, and I was, like, “Wow. He just created my favorite painting that he’s ever done and it’s for our album. That’s double awesome, so it’s, like, bonus.” He’s fantastic. He’s an antenna for the band. He can pull things out of the ether that are so perfect it’s almost creepy how perfect they are.

What exactly is the creature that’s behind the guy?

That’s open to interpretation on how anyone wants to see it. For me, I kind of interpret it as there’s this halo aspect when you look at it from afar. It immediately makes me think of a blessing and a curse, or what makes you eventually destroys you. That’s how I interpret the painting, but I think everyone has their own interpretation of it. I’ve heard so many interesting takes on it that it’s cool to just leave it open.

1000possibleclaws
08-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Nice, thanks!

For me, I kind of interpret it as there’s this halo aspect when you look at it from afar. It immediately makes me think of a blessing and a curse, or what makes you eventually destroys you. That's pretty cool, I also thought it was a halo when I first downloaded it.

08-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I read a similar interview in AP (Alternative Press) magazine, and that's what they said about the artwork.

I love this band.

TraNNNce
09-18-2010, 10:23 AM
me 2

09-18-2010, 02:42 PM
They're going to be in Mesa on November 2nd. It's worth a four hour drive down there to see them. I'm going.

http://www.circasurvive.com/tour-dates/

10-08-2010, 10:01 PM
I bought my tickets, and 2 of my friends and 3 of my cousins are carpooling down to Mesa after Halloween to see their live performance.

While we are there, we are going to stay an extra day or so to go to the http://www.azstatefair.com/ to ride some of the scary rides and roller coasters! I love roller coasters!