View Full Version : Trade threads

IdolEyes787
05-13-2010, 12:07 PM
How about people presenting a trade be required to post what they want in return for something instead of the generic PM me money offers?
Wouldn't that simple rule potentially save people a lot of their valuable time that could be much better spent studying the WTAW thread or buffering accounts they don't use or making making up multiple fake identities or something?

Seriously all "joking" aside doesn't it ,if even for politeness,make cents sense.

And yes Skiz I realize it wouldn't really change anything but sometimes appearance is the best you can hope for and at least it's a start.

megabyteme
05-13-2010, 01:23 PM
I have a banana (level 7 for potassium) looking for same level but with high vitamin C. Offer only good til end of lunch. Will consider fruit salad if it is FRESH!

Post proofs and good trade history. If you have fewer rep points than me, then you go first. No scammers!!! :angry:

Mihai
05-13-2010, 01:29 PM
I think it's a good ideea.To many pm me with offers things...
Maybe you just have IPT invite.Why pm him with that if he wants FTN or hell knows what?Waste of peoples time.

ca_aok
05-13-2010, 02:14 PM
The entire point is that they're trying to make it harder to catch by preventing the trackers offered and wanted from collaborating information and watching for the IP switch. Just like saying "Level 8" or whatever instead of "FTN" is to prevent the result being shown when tracker staff google "FTN Trade". So that being said, I'm all for it.

anon
05-13-2010, 02:18 PM
How about people presenting a trade be required to post what they want in return for something instead of the generic PM me money offers?

"Let's start a trade thread. You never know, a good offer could appear..."

IdolEyes787
05-13-2010, 05:09 PM
The entire point is that they're trying to make it harder to catch by preventing the trackers offered and wanted from collaborating information and watching for the IP switch. Just like saying "Level 8" or whatever instead of "FTN" is to prevent the result being shown when tracker staff google "FTN Trade". So that being said, I'm all for it.

You should never do anything that you can't look someone straight in the eye and admit you did.
That's in the Bible or The LOTRs or something.
Or maybe I just made it up I dunno I've been hallucinating under the weather lately .

Cabalo
05-14-2010, 03:44 AM
Sorry mate, but I think this isn't in the correct section.

:unsure:

IdolEyes787
05-28-2010, 09:59 PM
OK how about this one? People shouldn't be able to continuously bump a thread and then immediately close it because they are in effect bumping a dead thread.
Or am I making too much sense?

nthpeter
05-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Edit: Oh no, ive just posted here because Ive misread the title, "thread trades"... :(

Btw, there could be a 48hrs bump, so there wont be so many bumps (it would be a pain in the ass for the mods, tho). And i agree with the idea that traders have to provide more info, at least the level of the tracker they can offer, or the amount, or an estimated buffer, etc.

Cabalo
05-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Now we are talking business. Are you suggesting a standardisation of threads, which begins with references on the subject to what is being looked for/offered ?

nthpeter
05-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Now we are talking business. Are you suggesting a standardisation of threads, which begins with references on the subject to what is being looked for/offered ?

I think its a good idea, but i dont know what Idol thought.

IdolEyes787
05-29-2010, 04:02 PM
I think it's a good idea nthpeter.If nothing else it would maybe force people to assume a little responsibility for what they are doing here.