PDA

View Full Version : no its not, and it probably never will be!

captive
05-14-2010, 08:03 PM
i have seen so many threads with the topic;

is usenet safe?
is torrenting safe?
is mule-edonkey thing safe?
anonymous irc..
secure ftp downloading.

la de da..hundreds of others too.

right:it never has been or ever will be 100% secure.NOT EVER.

with any of the above you will always leave a trace of some sort, its just a fact because whatever kind of electronic connection you make to anything it leaves a trace. if its a phonecall, paypal payment, bittorrent connection it always does.

the only saving grace the way i see it, is in the numbers.
just like not paying car insurance, driving when disqualified, not paying a tv licence or downloading there are so many people doing it they cant go after everyone.

thats why they go for scene servers, torrent sites or as of late usenet providers. you go for the drug kingpin not the 10 million doing blow @ the weekend.

its never secure, get over it.

rant over.

TONiC
05-15-2010, 05:57 PM
7 proxies beg to differ.

Expeto
05-15-2010, 06:20 PM
7 proxies? I don't know what you are thinking but 7 proxy,means your connection bouncing over 7 different servers around world, if you include the routing servers too number increases dramatically. This means 6-10 times more digital trace left behind(depending of locations of your proxy servers)

captive is right, nothing can save hide your ass %100, in fact no such thing as %100 in this world, there is a 0.00(...)01 chance that you might actually die before finishing reading this post. This is the very thing makes this world so beautiful...

but this is no reason to not use peerblock, a proxy/vpn and a basic firewall

TONiC
05-15-2010, 06:40 PM
It's a meme originating from 4Chan in concerns to raids, notably DDoS attacks and hacking. :P

http://i30.tinypic.com/2u4jwae.jpg

For more information on internet lulz : http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Main_Page

Overmaster
05-15-2010, 09:32 PM
7 proxies? I don't know what you are thinking but 7 proxy,means your connection bouncing over 7 different servers around world, if you include the routing servers too number increases dramatically. This means 6-10 times more digital trace left behind(depending of locations of your proxy servers)

This is not how it works. The last proxy only has the information of the previous proxy. That proxy only has the information of the proxy before it. Etc. This means that you will need to track ALL of the proxies, instead of just one. You are not 7 times as insecure, but 7 times as secure.

captive is right, nothing can save hide your ass %100, in fact no such thing as %100 in this world, there is a 0.00(...)01 chance that you might actually die before finishing reading this post. This is the very thing makes this world so beautiful...

I think flowers do a better job making this world so beautiful. Not gay.

captive
05-16-2010, 08:22 AM
7 proxies beg to differ.

if you really think it would take someone who knows what they are doing more that 10mins to find what your ip is, you are kiddin yourself.

someone i know could find you ip with a bit of software in 30 seconds. i shit you not.

TONiC
05-16-2010, 08:34 AM
You're right I feel so terrible I've left all my tracks on the internet... hundreds of accounts... all assigned to my IP... don't worry man I'm quitting the internet as from today! Gunna get back to using the old sneakernet

heiska
05-16-2010, 09:41 AM
7 proxies beg to differ.

if you really think it would take someone who knows what they are doing more that 10mins to find what your ip is, you are kiddin yourself.

someone i know could find you ip with a bit of software in 30 seconds. i shit you not.

haha wtf. Please tell me more about this special kind of software you are speaking of.

Expeto
05-16-2010, 01:09 PM
It's a meme originating from 4Chan in concerns to raids, notably DDoS attacks and hacking. :P

http://i30.tinypic.com/2u4jwae.jpg

For more information on internet lulz : http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Main_Page
ok, mistake understood. By the way pretty hilarious picture :D

This means 6-10 times more digital trace left behind(depending of locations of your proxy servers)

instead of just one. You are not 7 times as insecure, but 7 times as secure.
Read again, I said nothing about being less secure, I said way more digital trace.

I think flowers do a better job making this world so beautiful. Not gay.
:flowers:

captive
05-16-2010, 01:42 PM
You're right I feel so terrible I've left all my tracks on the internet... hundreds of accounts... all assigned to my IP... don't worry man I'm quitting the internet as from today! Gunna get back to using the old sneakernet

did i ever say i gave a toss what people do, just that its not and never will be secure so people should give up asking how to make it so.

cinephilia
05-16-2010, 06:45 PM
there's a huge difference between asking for a safe way to download files and asking for the safest way to download files.