PDA

View Full Version : Anti Virus.

ang3r
10-29-2003, 05:49 PM
hey guys, i only have AVG for my anti virus.

and i have no firewall what so ever installed, is this bad ?, ive never actually been hacked or anything in my life so i never decided to get any firewall programs.

although, i have screwed around with people threw sub seven, knowing how easy that program is to use freaks me out.

Kunal
10-29-2003, 06:23 PM
you should be ok, just keep your ant virus up to date and dont download from kazaa lite!

Icebound
10-29-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by ang3r@29 October 2003 - 11:49
although, i have screwed around with people threw sub seven, knowing how easy that program is to use freaks me out.
karma should freak u out

RGX
10-29-2003, 08:42 PM
www.zonelabs.com

free updatable high powered firewall

;)

muchspl2
10-29-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by ang3r@29 October 2003 - 11:49

hope you try that shit with me, or anyone with knowledge, just be pricing new hard drives when you do mess with the wrong person

ang3r
10-30-2003, 10:32 AM
yeah but the thing is, i dont want a firewall cause wont it restrict certain sites ? and certain files n stuff that i want to download ?

--
when i said screwed around with people using sub7, i only meant like ive gotten there ip's and screwed around. i never deleted there stuff or hacked them or anything, because i hate people taht do that kind of useless geeky shit.

ide be so pissed if someone done it to me so i dont do it to anyone.

wormless
10-30-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by ang3r@30 October 2003 - 10:32
yeah but the thing is, i dont want a firewall cause wont it restrict certain sites ? and certain files n stuff that i want to download ?

--
when i said screwed around with people using sub7, i only meant like ive gotten there ip's and screwed around. i never deleted there stuff or hacked them or anything, because i hate people taht do that kind of useless geeky shit.

ide be so pissed if someone done it to me so i dont do it to anyone.
so u a hacker report him! jk :lol:

muchspl2
10-30-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by ang3r@30 October 2003 - 11:32

you should look into what a firewall does:

A firewall is like a personal bodyguard for the Internet. You talk to your firewall, and your firewall talks to the Internet for you. That way, you don't have to talk to the Internet directly, and any bad people on the Internet can't bug you. By their very nature, firewalls are paranoid and untrusting things. For the most part, a firewall won't let anyone talk to your computer unless you tell it to let them, and telling it to let them is tricky. Since most firewalls assume that if you talk to another computer then that computer is allowed to talk back to you

ang3r
10-30-2003, 11:31 AM
there is no spoon.