PDA

View Full Version : Greedy Youtube / Worthless Countries, "Video no longer available in your country"

Solariz
05-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Ok, I‘m getting pretty fucking sick of getting this message all the time when I want to watch something on youtube!

This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment. It is no longer available in your country.

Any way to fix this without having to go through a proxy?

anon
05-15-2010, 06:07 PM
Any way to fix this without having to go through a proxy?

I don't think so, although maybe you can download it instead of streaming it with one of those countless "YouTube downloader" sites/programs.

Beeker
05-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Thats pretty crappy coming from yuotube, I had no idea they did this

Expeto
05-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Thats pretty crappy coming from yuotube, I had no idea they did this

They don't do it, owner of the material does... For example almost every video from Vevo is blocked to non-USA. A great thing that for every fucking VEVO channel there is dozens of great fellow who uploads the songs to the youtube with lyrics slideshows.

Solariz
05-17-2010, 11:59 AM
I don't think so, although maybe you can download it instead of streaming it with one of those countless "YouTube downloader" sites/programs.

I have tried this and no luck :(

Expeto
05-17-2010, 05:09 PM

I have tried this and no luck :(

actually, the ones with convert option works pretty fine. Just convert it to something other than flv , the site will have to download the video to its own server to re-encode it, and you can freely get it once video is at another server

Rart
05-17-2010, 09:51 PM
They don't do it, owner of the material does...

Yep. If youtube had a say in it and wouldn't get their asses sued for keeping it there, they probably would. They aren't to blame.

Also, this was really interesting: according to many articles coming out with regards to Youtube's 5th birthday, they are actually struggling to make any sort of profit at all. Very surprising considering the massive userbase and audience they have.

0th
05-18-2010, 12:24 PM
i have seen that a couple of times.

Tv Controls you
05-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Youtube has been screwing everyone in the past half year...

I'm from america and I can't hear audio on a good 25% of the videos I click on because of copy right infringement..
And if the audio isn't deleted.. the video will have some trashy youtube approved artist playing...

which then is 75% of the time drowning pool bodies.

fmarqui
05-22-2010, 11:46 PM
Free

Make your own youtube and you run it if you don't like it.

Slickerey
05-24-2010, 10:44 PM
which then is 75% of the time drowning pool bodies.

I hate that song.

sangos
07-13-2010, 06:27 AM
you can try to use a proxy way, or just google for service like anonymouse provide, sometimes i use it when i get this in youtube, hope that helps !!

Speedo
07-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Proxy way works is you find a good proxy. Sites like Hulu have good defences agains proxies, and if you don't find a good proxy then no tv for you.

Sites have very gone smart.

zomerozs
07-14-2010, 09:11 PM
never heard about it, what's ur country ?

and did u try a proxy to download the video?

tevion
07-18-2010, 10:49 AM
well i beleive it's easy you just need to get a free US vpn account and you will watch it any video on youtube
check this website http://www.hideipvpn.com/ last time i checked it offers a UK and US accounts for free or maybe you just need to look for some other websites that provides the same service. and i advise you not to go with the proxy stuff it just sucks
good luck