PDA

View Full Version : 2 Internet Connections

DWk
10-29-2003, 11:48 PM
Ok folks.... is there a way to have 2 internet connections in your computer? For example, I have 2 NIC's, and through one connects the cable modem (with a static and public ip) and the other NIC gets ADSL connection through DHCP (Dynamic Host Control Protocol)....

so.... is there a way to tell certain program (for example kazaa) to use THIS connection and leave the other one alone... or mayber a program out there?

Like for example leave kazaa downloading things and play through the other without each messing with each other?

Thanks
DWk

TheFilePirater
10-29-2003, 11:56 PM
first all, why two connects??

DWk
10-30-2003, 12:00 AM
so that i can download with one connection (the faster: Cable modem) and just play with the ADSL.... without lagging or spiking, etc.

DWk

TheFilePirater
10-30-2003, 12:03 AM
why dont u just use cable, and not download at the same time, why the fuck would u pay for 2 isps?

DWk
10-30-2003, 12:08 AM
ok if you arent gonna post something useful, refrain from it, THANKS...

DWk

cwctv
10-30-2003, 12:13 AM
In your Kazaa folder ie C:\programs\Kazaa Lite\ or where ever it went there is a klconfigwizard you could try that to tell it whick one to use, also on the desktop in the kazaa folder i have user configuration wizard same thing version 2.4.1 ,not used myself.

DWk
10-30-2003, 12:31 AM
uhhh.... that config just wants to know what speed you have, but what i want is a program with which you can control EVERY application that uses any internet connection... and redirect it to certain modem (either cable or adsl, specified inside the programs settings)

DWk

cwctv
10-30-2003, 12:39 AM
My what a crap program then that is only speed the best of luck getting what you want friend,bye.

Whats this netscan I hear about on here that controls this kind of thing don't know about two connects though.

DWk
10-30-2003, 12:47 AM
the amount of bandwidth?

DWk
10-30-2003, 04:24 AM
*bump* :)

DWk

exeus
10-30-2003, 06:31 AM
no help here sorry but i have seen 2 modems beign used on one machine.....

nikita69
10-30-2003, 08:17 AM
What ur trying to do is "Policy-Routing" based on the source IP (for your outgoing traffic), i'm not aware of it in Windows yet can be done in linux and can help u there if u have it. if u install linux on one of the machines, i may be able to make it work for u.
http://kewl.phear.org/policy/network.png

Evil Gemini
10-30-2003, 11:35 AM
Download a program called net limiter from here (http://www.netlimiter.com/). It lets you change the download speed of certain apps. Like when i want to play counter strike, i just cap kazaa at a certain speed and i can play counter strike as if i were not downloading at all.

CHeck this program out its very usefull.

chinook_apache
10-30-2003, 12:15 PM
lol the dude who has posted this post has gone one step to far with what he has he done with his 2 connections. i have 2 cinnections too but thats beacuse i have 2 pc's and 1 laptop.
so i have my 2meg fast net connected to one pc which is downloading films...large files etc. that pc on like 24/7. then a 1 meg connection for small downloads..albums..mp3's music vids and that is shared between my other pc and my sisters wireless powerbook in her room. having to connections can be useful sometimes incase one isp goes down

Evil Gemini
10-30-2003, 12:43 PM
DAMN chinook_apache how can you afford it. How much do you pay ??

chinook_apache
10-30-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by neattairoski@30 October 2003 - 12:43
DAMN chinook_apache how can you afford it. How much do you pay ??
lol everyone asks me that. well for my 2 meg i only pay for the net no cable tv that £45 and my 1 meg is £35 a month excluding tv. the prices include charge of renting the cable modem..so its not all toward the internet. i am with 2 different isps so io like i said if one goes down i can use the other

DWk
10-30-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by neattairoski@30 October 2003 - 11:35
Download a program called net limiter from here (http://www.netlimiter.com/). It lets you change the download speed of certain apps. Like when i want to play counter strike, i just cap kazaa at a certain speed and i can play counter strike as if i were not downloading at all.

CHeck this program out its very usefull.
yea i know, but i dont wanna cap kazaa :( i mean.... ITS KAZAA :w00t:

ima try it anyway... see what happens :)

and nikita, thx but i dont have linux installed :)

DWk