PDA

View Full Version : Hurt Locker Suing??????

Champo101
05-19-2010, 09:55 PM
I don't know If anyone has posted this yet BUT I heard on the PDS (Philip DeFranco Show) on youtube that the company that made the film TheHurt Locker is suing some bittorrent users who have pirated this film. What do you think about this? I personally think it is BOGUS and dumb. I do not want to get into details because it would take too long but i HAVE resons why it's dumb. SOOO this is the link to where I saw this (AKA The PDS): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DTj0ch7lM0&

MAIN THING BEING! What do you think about this?

Rart
05-19-2010, 10:43 PM
It was posted on TorrentFreak a while back:

http://torrentfreak.com/hurt-locker-makers-to-sue-thousands-of-bittorrent-users-100512/

Basically another absurd way for vindictive producers who thought that they deserved more money for their seemingly lacking performance in box office sales for a movie that seemed like a runaway success.

Basically by using, what is essential akin to blackmailing, they will try to force tens of thousands of users who don't any better to pay them lucrative fees with little to no evidence at all to back up their claims. This little quote sums it up pretty well:

In the UK these schemes have been highly criticized by the public, consumer organizations and politicians because of the intimidating tactics and lack of solid evidence. In the UK House of Lords they have been labeled a scam, and the lawyers operating them accused of “harassment, bullying and intrusion” and “legal blackmail.” We expect that the U.S. equivalent will also meet great opposition.

Lucifer9999
05-20-2010, 03:29 PM
i think they should slape themselfs on the face to come to reality.... i am sorry i wasted my time downloading that s**t, would be a tragedy if i had pay a cinema ticket or a dvd or bluay .... and i go on cinema at the movies i like, so the movies i see are not 100% from filesharing world..

DeadCell
05-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Didn't they 'pirate' the story behind The Hurt Locker off a bomb disposal guy in the first place? Can't be arsed to look it up but im sure something like the director interviewed someone and then just made the film off the interview without his permission.

Whatever, average film.

BlueMax
05-21-2010, 08:48 PM
we have seen all 10 films that were nominated for the Oscar's Best Picture Award in 2010.

With Hurt Locker I got this 'oh I have seen it all somewhere' feeling.
okay it is a good movie but none of us thought deserved to win the Oscar's Best Picture Award.

As to this suing crap it is nothing more than scare mongering....

IdolEyes787
05-21-2010, 09:01 PM
we have seen all 10 films that were nominated for the Oscar's Best Picture Award in 2010.

I assume that's a Royal we because I very much doubt the rest of us have .

And for "seeing it all before" as the quote goes "God is in the details" and that is why some of us actually do believe Hurt Locker deserved to win ( it's a brilliantly directed character study dealing not so much with war but how "we" don't get to choice choose what we love and it's all accomplished without a major disease or blue alien in sight ) .

BlueMax
05-22-2010, 02:40 AM

I assume that's a Royal we because I very much doubt the rest of us have .

And for "seeing it all before" as the quote goes "God is in the details" and that is why some of us actually do believe Hurt Locker deserved to win ( it's a brilliantly directed character study dealing not so much with war but how "we" don't get to choice choose what we love and it's all accomplished without a major disease or blue alien in sight ) .
:lol:
by "we" I was refering to family.

Is the use 'some of us', meant to represent both left and right of 'IdolEyes' ?
or are there 787 of them?!
:lol:

IdolEyes787
05-22-2010, 02:23 PM
You know you aren't making any sense. Your use of "we" as a specific( your family) requires you to have previously alluded to that fact for any hope of contextual application whereas my use of "some of us" is a commonly used generalization that requires no such explanation/exposition.

Maybe if you spent some time explaining why in your ( take this your as referring to either you or your family I really don't care) opinion any of the other nominated films where superior to Hurt Locker , then I would perhaps have more respect for what you have to say .
As it stands putting a couple :lol: to provide evidence of your wit really isn't cutting it.

BlueMax
05-22-2010, 09:31 PM
You know you aren't making any sense. Your use of "we" as a specific( your family) requires you to have previously alluded to that fact for any hope of contextual application whereas my use of "some of us" is a commonly used generalization that requires no such explanation/exposition.many people are guilty of such 'generalization'. It is responsible for many social evils in this world.
It is illogical and it is not intelligent and rational thinking.

Anyways, back on topic; it is interesting to note that unlike in the US of A,
'the threat of suing' has already been condemned by the House of Lords.
As usch it is doomed to failure at least in this country :)