PDA

View Full Version : Red Dead Redemption Sells 550,000 Copies on Day One

SonsOfLiberty
05-21-2010, 09:39 PM
http://j.imagehost.org/0427/RDR.jpg

Following news of over 450,000 pre-orders (http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=80059) earlier in the week, preliminary data is in and Read Dead Redemption sold around 550,000 units on day one in the Americas. Many analysts had been conservative in their predictions for the game, Michael Pachter in particular stating that he was sceptical as to whether a western game could ever sell as well as Rockstar were hoping.

With continued strong sales through the week and a similarly large European launch tomorrow, VGChartz estimates worldwide week one sales of around 1.2 - 1.3 million units. This should be enough to smash average analyst predictions of two million lifetime sales for the game within just 3 weeks of release and total sales could be as high as four million units or more that double the amount that many analysts had predicted.

Who didn't see this coming, considering the first one sold more than a million units in the PS2 era, and is still one of the best Western games ever, until this one came out :)

VGCChartz (http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=80088)

Tv Controls you
05-21-2010, 09:44 PM
You mean grand theft auto horse edition?

tesco
05-21-2010, 10:48 PM
:yup:

I was really looking forward to this game coming out, but I think I will hold off for a bit. I really don't want to spend $70 on individual games anymore. I try to wait for the price to drop...

SonsOfLiberty
05-21-2010, 11:43 PM

I was really looking forward to this game coming out, but I think I will hold off for a bit. I really don't want to spend $70 on individual games anymore. I try to wait for the price to drop...

:lol: there are to many games now, it sucks buying them all and if you buy them used you have to deal with them locking the online stuff, but I don't play online anyway, but I tell you what RDR is worth every penny and NO it's nothing like GTA Horse Edition, it's way way cooler than GTA :)

Oh, but I highly highly say you should get Alan Wake to, OMG, AW is so freaking good, and scary to boot, don't turn the lights off, probably one of the most creepiest games I have ever played and I play alot of games :)

tesco
05-21-2010, 11:49 PM

:lol: there are to many games now, it sucks buying them all and if you buy them used you have to deal with them locking the online stuff, but I don't play online anyway, but I tell you what RDR is worth every penny and NO it's nothing like GTA Horse Edition, it's way way cooler than GTA :)

Oh, but I highly highly say you should get Alan Wake to, OMG, AW is so freaking good, and scary to boot, don't turn the lights off, probably one of the most creepiest games I have ever played and I play alot of games :)Ah great to hear that 2 games that I've been looking forward to are so great.
I don't know if I can wait now, I'll have to buy one of them once I finish playing Borderlands.:frusty:

SonsOfLiberty
05-22-2010, 02:01 AM
I'm playing Borderlands again to, beat it on 360, and then got it for free for the PS3, and decided to buy Zombie Island and Secret Armory, awesome DLC's, and DO NOT buy the moxxi one, it's just stupid fighting arena....

Alan Wake and RDR and on the list for top games of the year...but yeah I got both AW and RDR, I started playing Alan Wake and then jumped on RDR and played RDR for 20-30 minutes and was thinking I better play AW first because I can see myself easily doing more than 80 hours in RDR.

If you read the reviews both are getting 10's almost everywhere.

I just can't praise AW enough, it's really that good, but my first gleams of RDR, were fantastic and will easily be one of my favorites.

Tv Controls you
05-22-2010, 07:58 PM
I got read dead redemption on a burned disk for my 360, which I would highly recommend burning if you have a modded xbox.

I'm not so sure about 70 dollars though...

Is alan wake really even worth burning though, I watched the trailer and it didn't look that good?

SonsOfLiberty
05-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Are you serious? Alan Wake will come close to being game of the year.

Tv Controls you
05-24-2010, 02:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6KimrJVuK4

This seems to butcher the game.

I'll take your word on it, but I haven't really heard anything good about the game. Which is why I thought you were being sarcastic lol. :P

bigdaddydude
05-24-2010, 03:09 AM
I am going to purchase Red Dead Redemption soon. Looks like a cool game!

puffadell
05-24-2010, 04:00 AM
great game

caem96
05-27-2010, 11:19 AM
I just finished Alan wake, great game, nextone is red dead redempiton...a GTA in a wild west...wow

dc-angel
05-27-2010, 08:49 PM
I think it's the best game of the year

Tv Controls you
05-27-2010, 10:16 PM
red dead redemption is good until you go to mexico and have to work for a pig with his gay servant (all joking aside).
If it was fallout, I would shoot them both dead in the head lol.

654654sdsgs
06-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Heard nothing but great things about this game.

Going to pick it up soon.

PowerWheels
06-03-2010, 09:07 PM
i love this game