PDA

View Full Version : Sony: Exclusive's are a thing of the past

SonsOfLiberty
05-21-2010, 09:43 PM
http://a.imagehost.org/0056/sp3.jpg

Ah it feels good to know that i'm not as busy as i was for the past week now and now that i have some time i will get to posting some news i've come across, now i'm a very active person in the gaming industry, have a few friends who work with SCEA some are long time employees and some just recently picked up, i've been around the halls of activison and treyarch these last few days (i'll post some very good news soon about Call of duty: black ops) but most importantly i got time to learn from the executives and employees of SCEA and found out some very interesting stuff

Now our man here told us this stuff outside the job so we're going to keep his name out of this (because i might get in trouble for saying this stuff) but like always our sources are free to remain anonymous AS LONG as what
they say is true, (but of course this is an opinion from ones thought to another)

Now the topic we was on was Exclusives and this went both ways on the subject saying they was both "Important" and "Nothing new", Our buddy cleared things up by saying "Exclusives are a very important thing, without them why bother asking yourself what system you should get?" he told me "But at the same time its nothing new, this generation of gaming has made it known that exclusives are just that, a game thats on one system that aren't on another, if you asked people if they cared about them your probably going to hear them say 'no' " clearly he points out that not all gamers care for exclusives and would rather buy third party game

"Games like Call of duty will sell because the popularity on it, because everyone gets to play it no matter what system you have, like it or not the third party game will always appeal to the crowd more then a exclusive, simply because it's a win-win situation" and when asked 'HOW' exclusive is 'Exclusive' these days he simply said "If you've got the money then that word fades away, to be honest exclusives are a thing of the past and sooner or later games will just be playable on anything that can handle it, you can disagree and say different but business is money and money talks for it self"

Other then that our buddy had nothing much to say regarding the topic and we moved on, truly i think the only exclusives that are around that will stay is timed exclusives

PSN Friends (http://www.psnfriends.com/profiles/blogs/sony-exclusives-are-a-thing-of-1)

Hmmm... Alan Wake?

tesco
05-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Other then that our buddy had nothing much to say regarding the topic and we moved on, truly i think the only exclusives that are around that will stay is timed exclusives

What are timed exclusives?

SonsOfLiberty
05-22-2010, 01:57 AM
Like when a game comes on Xbox360, then like maybe a month, 6 months, etc, it then comes out for PS3, things like that, can't think of any one game right now that had this, I'm sure someone could though.

kooltilldend
05-24-2010, 06:56 AM
mehh I don't believe this...firstly, there will be tonssssss of Wii exclusive games (and games that will never show up on that console)...secondly, there will be way too many games that will never show up on the PC...so yeah, they can still be counted as "exclusives"

Rart
05-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Like when a game comes on Xbox360, then like maybe a month, 6 months, etc, it then comes out for PS3, things like that, can't think of any one game right now that had this, I'm sure someone could though.

Games like Mass Effect, GTA IV, Halo, and Halo 2 were all timed exclusives. They were released on their respective consoles initially, but then released on the PC after a few months.

I'm sure people could think of console to console timed exclusives as well.