PDA

View Full Version : What's the Best File Sharing Method?

MariosX
05-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Hello,
I'm using torrents for years and think of choosing an alternative method like: P2P (eMule, Kazaa), Usenet, IRC because I can't find the files I want in Torrents (Well Private trackers are a go but I know none and I'm registered into none).

Can someone give any suggestions?
I'm mostly interested at downloading Xbox games at the moment

anon
05-22-2010, 07:58 PM
(Well Private trackers are a go but I know none and I'm registered into none).

The WTO link at the top and this thread may help:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-any-open-0-day-trackers-you-would-recommend-392098

Since you're interested on Xbox games, I'd recommend BCG (they gave thousands of referrals today) and Xbox-Sky (opens from time to time).

Tv Controls you
05-22-2010, 08:04 PM
I was never a member of xbox-sky, but I can 100% guarantee that you will find everything you need on bitgamer and BCG.

Funkin'
05-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Unfortunately, no file sharing method is the "best". Each one has its pros and cons.

If you're wanting to stick with torrents, then I would go with the two suggestions for BCG. Since the site has an sp mod, the site is basically freeleech. Really beneficial for people with slow up speeds. When you're able to see the invite forum request an invite.

Usenet is also great. Especially for big files like Xbox games. You download them, burn them to a disc, and delete it off your computer. No uploading involved at all. Check out the Newsgroups board here to get all the info you need for this method.

Samething with warez forums(which you'll need an RS, MU, etc premium account to get the full benefits, but it's all downloading, no seeding). I don't know any Xbox specific warez forums, but any big general forum will have what you're looking for. Check out this thread (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-file-sharing-8/t-bookmarks-forums-list-354145) for a big list of forums.

Slickerey
05-22-2010, 11:04 PM
Warez-BB is king of all warez forums. :yes:

Expeto
05-23-2010, 05:44 AM
Unfortunately, no file sharing method is the "best".
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

For xbox games all the methods gets the job done for you.

If you are also interested in rare&old content, keep in mind thats torrents in trackers doesn't have retention times nor become removed by companies.

beansis
05-23-2010, 08:05 AM
www.xbox360iso.com

MariosX
05-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks for your answers.
I don't know where to start but I will.
Also about USENET, In every ad I found they say you need to pay to get registered, is this true? Can I use it for free?
OK I searched around the forums and I learned about BCG.
I've got one big major question and I would like someone answers it.
People who have give-aways to private trackers ask for proof from the user with
1) SpeedTest
2) Share Ratio on other private trackers
3) Client's statistics
You can scam the proof pretty easily.

If you search around the net you can find the proof that the other user give-aways asks or you repost the statistics from other users who post.
especially with the share ratio in which you must hide your username in order not to get "banned" from that particular tracker.

You do you know if the user who wants the give-away-invite is not a scammer or the proof he has is his own?
Anyway the way of doing things with private trackers have many holes.

Expeto
05-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Thanks for your answers.
especially with the share ratio in which you must hide your username in order not to get "banned" from that particular tracker.

Its for privacy reasons, you don't get banned from particular tracker for using or wanting to join another tracker

You do you know if the user who wants the give-away-invite is not a scammer or the proof he has is his own?
Anyway the way of doing things with private trackers have many holes.
You don't really loose alot if the person is scammer, you are just letting someone know your mail. I usually use specific mail addresses to get the invite, like [email protected].

This is rarely is the case, there are scammer at trade section, so keep an eye on for persons rep and post count. But it doesn't happens a lot on giveaway section

anon
05-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Also about USENET, In every ad I found they say you need to pay to get registered, is this true? Can I use it for free?

Generally you need to pay for most providers, but there's a free one:
http://just4today.net/

~10 days retention and decent speeds. Login data changes every day, so stay tuned.

mindlock
05-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Hello,
I'm using torrents for years and think of choosing an alternative method like: P2P (eMule, Kazaa), Usenet, IRC because I can't find the files I want in Torrents (Well Private trackers are a go but I know none and I'm registered into none).

Can someone give any suggestions?
I'm mostly interested at downloading Xbox games at the moment

The best file sharing method by far is lending your buddy a copy of your bluray of Too Many Men, Not Enough Time. Then he in return gives you his copy of Hairy Buttons. :D

antrax34130
05-23-2010, 09:15 PM
for xbox rls scene: top evidently
for xbox p2p rls: privates trackers (BCG, Bitgamer) and/or DDL, depends of the release's source.

MariosX
05-23-2010, 11:28 PM
Those Warez forums rule!
I did not hesistate to pay for a MegaUpload & a Rapidshare accounts.
I'm a downloading maniac right now :D
I simply love it.
Not only for Xbox Games I'm also downloading a cool BR-Rip Avatar :P

kooltilldend
05-24-2010, 05:22 AM
even if you have used a public tracker in the past and maintained a ratio of over 1.0 and/or don't mind seeding torrents for, say, over a week...then let me know and I'll invite you into BCG

Funkin'
05-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Those Warez forums rule!
I did not hesistate to pay for a MegaUpload & a Rapidshare accounts.
I'm a downloading maniac right now :D
I simply love it.
Not only for Xbox Games I'm also downloading a cool BR-Rip Avatar :P

Yep. They do indeed rule. :) For big files like Xbox games, HD movies, Season packs, etc., I think it's way better to use those then spend days upon days seeding back these files to trackers.

And for this, yes, it's best to go with a paid service. There are free servers out there(like what anon posted), but they usually offer way too low of retention, not allowed many connections, and speeds may not max out your connection. Basically they're good for 0day files. For around the same you pay a month for RS/MU accounts, you can also get a great newsgroups provider.

But I personally like the warez forums better. So in my opinion you made a good choice. In the future, depending on your tastes, you may want to get into a couple of specialized private trackers(mainly for music, or obscure movies).

bondgannu
05-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Well its Private Tracker for me!!!

Overmaster
05-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Torrents when possible (which is most of the time), otherwise StrongDC, otherwise Amazon.com.

theprofessor
05-24-2010, 09:38 PM

Generally you need to pay for most providers

Some ISPs provide usenet for free. You might want to check with them first. My ISP has a reasonable server with about 10 day retention.

Untouchable
06-01-2010, 10:08 AM
It's worth the money

tom1465
06-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Generally you need to pay for most providers

Some ISPs provide usenet for free. You might want to check with them first. My ISP has a reasonable server with about 10 day retention.

Most of them provide it for free, though as you say there are usually restrictions. Email your provider or check your FAQ/ help section of the login section.... most of them list their server details there

anon
06-02-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm not that much into Usenet, but is it a good idea to pirate from your own ISP's servers?

cherio
06-02-2010, 06:34 PM
best method is:
private tracker with freeleech or ratio free FTN, GFT

LtAda
06-11-2010, 01:49 AM
The best method of file transfer is.....
Private torrent trackers
If you don't like seeding things, and can afford to spend a few dollars a month, you can donate to your tracker most of the time to get benefits.

bondgannu
06-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Well
I personally Private Trackers!!!

Its high speed and easy to find stuff with specific tracker for differentkind of stuff!!
And most importantly, bearing a part of it, improves your knowledge much much more
Rather than hitting via Warez forums and sites!!!

backlash15
06-12-2010, 04:48 PM
You have to remember that if your going to use a private tracker, you have to turn off dhcp hashing or else it will find other people, outside of the private trackers, who are seeding. If you don't turn that off than there is really no reason to be using a private tracker because your IP is being broadcasted to everyone, you are also seeding everyone else.

anon
06-12-2010, 04:53 PM
You have to remember that if your going to use a private tracker, you have to turn off dhcp hashing

DHCP hashing? :huh:

peat moss
06-12-2010, 05:04 PM
You have to remember that if your going to use a private tracker, you have to turn off dhcp hashing

DHCP hashing? :huh:

DHT network I think he means . Distributed hash tables. :)

anon
06-12-2010, 05:05 PM
DHCP and DHT are two different things. :lol:

That "disable DHT because otherwise you'll leak data/upload to others and it won't get counted/will be flagged as a cheater" argument is a myth anyway.

backlash15
06-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Yeah sorry I meant to say DHT.

That "disable DHT because otherwise you'll leak data/upload to others and it won't get counted/will be flagged as a cheater" argument is a myth anyway.

What I was trying to say was with DHT mapping other people, on public trackers, can see that you are seeding it. MPAA or RIAA (or whatever their called) usually pay attention the IP's on public trackers when trying to find people to sue. That's the reason DHT should be turned off.

anon
06-12-2010, 05:17 PM
They can't see you're seeding or uploading via DHT, only what you have to say about a certain info_hash, which isn't really evidence.

They can get the IPs from people in the swarm from the tracker itself anyway, via normal usage. BitTorrent is far from a secure protocol.

backlash15
06-12-2010, 05:35 PM
They can't see you're seeding or uploading via DHT, only what you have to say about a certain info_hash, which isn't really evidence.

They can get the IPs from people in the swarm from the tracker itself anyway, via normal usage. BitTorrent is far from a secure protocol.

Hmmm, really? Well shit, learn something new everyday.
But I agree with you, bittorrent is far from secure, and just based on the ideology behind it, it will never be.