PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] GFXNews.ru

megabyteme
05-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Anyone have an invite to this one? Apparently they had open signups about a month and a half ago, but it just now came across my radar.

I am interested in 3D animation, compositing, and video editing. Of the sites I have access to, there is a limited amount of material that becomes available. I have spent most of this evening searching for various 64 bit plugins for 3DS Max, Photoshop, and After Effects. General sites just don't have any of these (they are only now being released) and I would really like to experiment with them.

My knowledge base in this area is general. The new CS5 suite and 64 bit have reignited my interests. I am also hoping for a good all-in-one site for these materials so I can spend more time learning the programs and less time searching for them.

Thanks for considering my request. :)

pone44
05-24-2010, 10:03 AM
I think they open on the 2nd of every month. I may be wrong about that.

AdrianPhoto
05-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Registration will be available from 2/6/2010 till 4/6/2010

megabyteme
05-24-2010, 05:25 PM

Thanks, Adrian. Any chance you have a time machine so I can go back and to signup? :P

7th
05-24-2010, 05:27 PM
Thanks for considering my request. :)

I'll try to send you a PM... ;)

anon
05-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Thanks, Adrian. Any chance you have a time machine so I can go back and to signup? :P

It's dd/mm format! :happy:

X-Files
05-24-2010, 05:52 PM
here i come :naughty:

Cabalo
05-24-2010, 07:04 PM

You americans use a different time format than us europeans... :rolleyes:

megabyteme
05-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks, Adrian. Any chance you have a time machine so I can go back and signup? :P

Doh! I usually catch that (at least later in the month). :P

I have sent a PM to 7th who has generously offered to hook me up. :happy:

Thanks, guys. You Europeans really need to change that date thing...:P

7th
05-24-2010, 08:24 PM

Thanks, guys. You Europeans and Brazilians too really need to change that date thing...:P

yep, we know! We also have to change Celsius into Fahrenheit, centimeters/millimeters into inches, kilometers into miles and indeed, look at dates as "days < months < years" makes no real sense! :lol:

at least we started learning English! :happy:

AdrianPhoto
05-24-2010, 08:44 PM

Bet you didn't catch this too

megabyteme
05-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Thanks, guys. You Europeans and Brazilians too really need to change that date thing...:P

yep, we know! We also have to change Celsius into Fahrenheit, centimeters/millimeters into inches, kilometers into miles and indeed, look at dates as "days < months < years" makes no real sense! :lol:

I love to cook and have turned a few wooden boards into "projects" in the past. I believe I am 1 of about 17 Americans who actually LOVES the metric system.

It is nice that many of you have started to learn English- that gibberish that gets put in the movies with subtitles is pretty silly. :P

/me ducks and covers...

kooltilldend
05-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Thanks, guys. You Europeans and Brazilians too and the rest of the world really need to change that date thing...:P

now I wonder if it would be better for the world to change or simply to change the Americans system :lol:

megabyteme
05-24-2010, 08:53 PM

I went to the site this morning hoping to signup. I saw that and thought, "Darn, missed it. They need to update their page." True story.

7th
05-24-2010, 09:01 PM

now I wonder if it would be better for the world to change or simply to change the Americans system :lol:

or change the Americans already! :lol:

haha, just kidding folks! :P

Enlightened
05-24-2010, 09:26 PM

I went to the site this morning hoping to signup. I saw that and thought, "Darn, missed it. They need to update their page." True story.

If U are interested still in GFXnews, PM me.I might be able to help:yup:

megabyteme
05-24-2010, 10:01 PM

If U are interested still in GFXnews, PM me.I might be able to help:yup:

Thanks, Enlightened. 7th has already sent me an invite and I am all set. Amazing site! Everything I was searching for last night (and moooore) is there. And that was just during the first 20 minutes of getting my bearings there.