PDA

View Full Version : Can someone look me up on waffles I was banned?

sms4001
05-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Hey can someone look up my account on waffles for me? I think I was banned. I tried to go onto the IRC channel and ask about it and they just banned me with the message "invite trader." I had recently invited someone but I never traded anything for it. I had a good ratio. My user name is/was Sms4001. Think I have any chance at getting back in? I had been a member since the start :( Thanks guys.

Tv Controls you
05-24-2010, 06:07 PM
You were definitely banned if you are being kicked from the help channel labeled a "invite trader".

anon
05-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Hey can someone look up my account on waffles for me? I think I was banned.

The staff already confirmed your ban with the words "invite trader"... what could we possibly do?

BABBY
05-24-2010, 06:14 PM
explain your case and give them the proofs that u did not trade the invite, u can give ss and profile link of the forum on which u invited the user.

If u had give on im then if u had history/record function on then give them the log.

Hope this may help u, some times some staff members are arrogant and some are really good and they may give u a chance to explain your case.

best of luck to u in explaining them your case.

sms4001
05-24-2010, 06:24 PM
explain your case and give them the proofs that u did not trade the invite, u can give ss and profile link of the forum on which u invited the user.

If u had give on im then if u had history/record function on then give them the log.

Hope this may help u, some times some staff members are arrogant and some are really good and they may give u a chance to explain your case.

best of luck to u in explaining them your case.

hmm know of any of the (nice) staff emails I could try? is "hilikus" still with them? he was actually the one to invite me.

BABBY
05-24-2010, 06:27 PM
i dont know anything of waffles, oink was the last music tracker which i was a part of,
just try out irc at different time intervals, hope u may find a good staff member, and hope u are genuine too.

anon
05-24-2010, 09:24 PM
maybe someone else can invite you

Sure, inviting someone that has been previously banned won't have any detrimental effects when/if the staff realizes :P

IdolEyes787
05-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Rule 13. Inviting a user who has been banned will result in the user's account, along with your own, being permanently banned.

Feel free to argue the point.

sms4001
05-25-2010, 06:24 AM
Alright guys gonna try to keep this short.. apparently the person I invited already had an account on waffles and just asked for an invite in order to get me banned (this girl is crazy). Anyways she contacted me on what.cd about it and am talking to her now in MSN where she just told me this. I have the convo saved. Now my question for people on waffles is.. is it a bannable offense to invite a random person? I have her saying in the convo that I did not get anything in return and it was not a trade but I did invite a random. I can't see that being a bannable offense but I'm not sure. Can someone find out for me? thank you.

BABBY
05-25-2010, 06:32 AM
Rule 13. Inviting a user who has been banned will result in the user's account, along with your own, being permanently banned.

Feel free to argue the point.

This is really bad, how can anyone come to know that whether the other person is previously banned or not more over every site tells that we should invite a person we know, they are right to some extend, but i know 1000 no of people but more than 95% of them are not interested in torrent.

Really busy people dont give a shit to the hazell of maintaining accounts. The use non private tracker

The only way to use the invite is to help others in invite forum and their also we cannot be very close to anyone, as their are limitations.

We make good firiends, we trust them but we cannot be 100% sure.

I think the ruel should be

Rule 13. Inviting a user who has been banned will/may result in the user's account, along with your own, being permanently banned, if this was found to be intentional with a bad intention.

Anyway its not our site and we cannot help it out.:(

IdolEyes787
05-25-2010, 12:11 PM
I think the rule should be

Rule 13. Inviting a user who has been banned will/may result in the user's account, along with your own, being permanently banned, if this was found to be intentional with a bad intention.

And besides taking a person's word whether it was intentional or not( "honest mister I didn't know he was banned " when I sold him the invite) how exactingly is the staff suppose to determine that?

I think the point is for the sake of expediency guilt is presumed and the onus is on the person to prove otherwise.If they didn't do that with all the miscreants out there seeing opportunity I doubt if there would be time left for staff to do anything but constant arbitration.

BABBY
05-25-2010, 12:31 PM
I think the rule should be

And besides taking a person's word whether it was intentional or not( "honest mister I didn't know he was banned " when I sold him the invite) how exactingly is the staff suppose to determine that?

I think the point is for the sake of expediency guilt is presumed and the onus is on the person to prove otherwise.If they didn't do that with all the miscreants out there seeing opportunity I doubt if there would be time left for staff to do anything but constant arbitration.

I was banned of bitme before 2 to 3 years and the reason was dupe accounts,which i did not have ever

I tried to explain the case, they kicked me out.
The person told me that he did not have time for any type of explanation.
Then i just want to say one thing if u dont have time, then why do u ban people, when u argue with these people they tell one thing "Thing yourself to be a part of War Casualtties" :lol:

U may be right that its hard to find whether the reason in genuine or not, but when it comes to ourself we feel bad, and particularly when we are inocent.

becoming a part of war casualties is not easy:pinch:

cinephilia
05-25-2010, 01:11 PM
i'd remove the invite rights rather than banning the inviter along with his invitee.

P2PDog
05-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Alright guys gonna try to keep this short.. apparently the person I invited already had an account on waffles and just asked for an invite in order to get me banned (this girl is crazy). Anyways she contacted me on what.cd about it and am talking to her now in MSN where she just told me this. I have the convo saved. Now my question for people on waffles is.. is it a bannable offense to invite a random person? I have her saying in the convo that I did not get anything in return and it was not a trade but I did invite a random. I can't see that being a bannable offense but I'm not sure. Can someone find out for me? thank you.

That's exactly why you don't invite randoms.

PS: I hate to burst your bubble, but this being BT and all, "she" is more than likely a "he" :P

anonymous0711
05-25-2010, 03:17 PM
If you are on what.cd maybe you should just accept the ban and make sure you dont get banned there as well... from what i have seen here(tho most of the examples are from what.cd) ppl are rarely if ever successful in getting accounts unbanned in situations such as this
it would probably save you a lot of wasted time and effort to just accept it and continue your life without it

cola
05-25-2010, 04:01 PM
What.cd will usually simply just disable your invites.

anon
05-25-2010, 04:38 PM
is it a bannable offense to invite a random person?

I suppose random persons are the opposite of "people you trust", which is the only kind of people the rules on most trackers say you should invite. :idunno:

Zac090
05-25-2010, 05:16 PM
why would anyone want to look you up on waffles ?

funny

whats so funny in that?

IdolEyes787
05-25-2010, 05:53 PM
why would anyone want to look you up on waffles ?

funny

whats so funny in that?

Unless I"m mistaken zodiacdude is a dupe account of a well-known FST troll so I would advise discounting anything he has to say.

anon
05-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Unless I"m mistaken

Looks like you aren't :ermm:

sms4001
05-25-2010, 06:39 PM
If you are on what.cd maybe you should just accept the ban and make sure you dont get banned there as well... from what i have seen here(tho most of the examples are from what.cd) ppl are rarely if ever successful in getting accounts unbanned in situations such as this
it would probably save you a lot of wasted time and effort to just accept it and continue your life without it

yeah.. it sucks when you have hardly any ratio on what and on waffles you had like 40 gigs over your download though. Especially on a loley cable connection. and especially when some crazy lady just asked for an invite to ban someone :angry::angry:

cinephilia
05-25-2010, 09:27 PM
and especially when some crazy lady just asked for an invite to ban someone :angry::angry:
bros before hoes.