PDA

View Full Version : Seedbox hosting, how to prevent ISPs shaping the service?

ReubenL
05-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process to start a torrent hosting (seedbox) business. I have some questions and was wondering if someone can assist me with answers.

1. I saw that some seedbox providers indicate that their seedbox hosting is behind a proxy shield. How exactly does this work and how can I configure this?

2. My target market is South Africa. Various ISPs have started to offer affordable uncapped DSL but this is shaped. Since it is shaped 24/7 and ISPs may shape data to & from my servers. How can I make this as hard as possible for them to shape data to & from my servers?

I'm planning to use Torrentflux-b4rt to provide this service.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Sonnentier
05-26-2010, 09:01 PM
1. I saw that some seedbox providers indicate that their seedbox hosting is behind a proxy shield. How exactly does this work and how can I configure this?
I have no idea what they are talking about, "proxy shield"? I contacted yourseedbox.com support.

Since it is shaped 24/7 and ISPs may shape data to & from my servers. How can I make this as hard as possible for them to shape data to & from my servers?The best way is to try and find out, I guess downloading via FTP should be less problematic...