PDA

View Full Version : Music Tracker ?

graywolf
05-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Okay! I get it. Use the search option and all. But my question is a bit different here (not that much).

I just needed a recommendation for music tracker (not an invite) and I'm speaking as a whole, including every genre, not just one specific. I'm also not specific about it being old (the general content of the most ones I've ever seen), though of course, it's not that I don't want it.

I know about What and Waffles, but considering my low speed and what I read in "WTAW" about them being hard to seed, it certainly will restrict me from downloading the files, and really it's foolishness being a part of tracker and then I can't download something so as not to hurt my ratio there. I don't know much about Waffles though, only heard lots of things about What.

Now, back to my previous question, I don't care what's its pretimes/speed is (though, hopefully not very slow). I just decide on content and honestly I've never found any music tracker which is not lacking of one or the other.

Now, I think many may suggest Demonoid. I agree it's a good one and I frankly think that it's very underrated, but the file retention is very weak there (at least the files which I've searched for) and lesser speeds/security.

And if you think this topic's a waste, then leave it to rot. I just wanted a suggestion here as the only option ever available to me till now has been public ones, particularly TPB, but lately, I'm not able to connect to them, probably because of all ISPs cutting of their connection to it or hosts and all.

So, all in all, I want a music tracker, where I can seed back with ease and get the most varied content (not all, as its hardly possible but still the most I can acquire)

Oh! and thanks for reading till here. :)

kell0w
05-29-2010, 09:03 AM
have you thought about CE?

its ratioless so you dont have to worry about your ratio dropping

QPD
05-29-2010, 09:06 AM
VIPmusic has a decent bonus system.

Funkin'
05-29-2010, 09:25 AM
You seriously couldn't find what you're looking for in the countless other music tracker related threads? Probably 99% of the answers that will be posted here will have already been given in those threads.

But, here's a couple methods that aren't talked about on a daily basis here in the bt section.

Try 0daymusic.org (http://www.0daymusic.org/) for the latest releases. It's not a tracker(but I really don't see the point of using a tracker for 0day music), so you won't have to worry about seeding.

For everything else, look into downloading and installing Soulseek (http://www.slsknet.org/). Again, not a tracker but a p2p app. But you won't have to worry about keeping a positive ratio. I've been using it for a few years now, and even just got my girl into it. So give it a shot.

graywolf
05-29-2010, 09:32 AM
have you thought about CE?

its ratioless so you dont have to worry about your ratio dropping

VIPmusic has a decent bonus system.

Thanks for the info. :)

I'll try to get information about them as much as possible, if they does suit my needs in music.

You seriously couldn't find what you're looking for in the countless other music tracker related threads? Probably 99% of the answers that will be posted here will have already been given in those threads.

But, here's a couple methods that aren't talked about on a daily basis here in the bt section.

Try 0daymusic.org (http://www.0daymusic.org/) for the latest releases. It's not a tracker(but I really don't see the point of using a tracker for 0day music), so you won't have to worry about seeding.

For everything else, look into downloading and installing Soulseek (http://www.slsknet.org/). Again, not a tracker but a p2p app. But you won't have to worry about keeping a positive ratio. I've been using it for a few years now, and even just got my girl into it. So give it a shot.

Still.. The searches I've done, doesn't particularly help me out.

Thanks for the sources. I'll look on it.

Zac090
05-29-2010, 10:03 AM
I would actually recommend you go for What.Yes,seeding back is very difficult if you have a poor connection but their new ratio policy does help a lot if you seed everything you download.

The min. ratio you need there(ie if you have about 100 GB downloaded) is around 0.6,it shouldn't be that hard.

Or go for any other non-torrent site like beemp3.com

A
05-29-2010, 10:28 AM
I would actually recommend you go for What.Yes,seeding back is very difficult if you have a poor connection but their new ratio policy does help a lot if you seed everything you download.

The min. ratio you need there(ie if you have about 100 GB downloaded) is around 0.6,it shouldn't be that hard.
+1

Also check out sites like http://warez-bb.org , http://www.avaxhome.ws/ etc.

1000possibleclaws
05-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Don't use torrents if your upload speed is too slow, get Soulseek.

anon
05-29-2010, 04:31 PM
If your tastes are more or less mainstream, don't bother with music trackers - get your stuff from Warez-BB or music blogs.

If you still want to do so, What.cd is the best site available, in my opinion. Seeding is a hassle, yes, but if you have access to original CDs of albums that are already uploaded, you could rip them (which isn't that hard, trust me) and upload them to the site. There are a few seedboxers automatically snatching new uploads to help users. With enough time and material you can build a good buffer. :)

graywolf
05-29-2010, 04:34 PM
If your tastes are more or less mainstream, don't bother with music trackers - get your stuff from Warez-BB or music blogs.

If you still want to do so, What.cd is the best site available, in my opinion. Seeding is a hassle, yes, but if you have access to original CDs of albums that are already uploaded, you could rip them (which isn't that hard, trust me) and upload them to the site. There are a few seedboxers automatically snatching new uploads to help users. With enough time and material you can build a good buffer. :)

Anyone can upload? Besides, Do I need to have the music in flac format? From what I remember reading for the interview, they don't much support the mp3 ones.

ca_aok
05-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Yes anyone can upload, and MP3 is by far the most popular format on the site.

graywolf
05-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Yes anyone can upload, and MP3 is by far the most popular format on the site.

Thanks for the info. I thought that since it stresses so much on having loseless content and all, so they don't like mp3 content uploaded at all. :pinch:

anon
05-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Anyone can upload?

Yes, although uploading a transcode or bad rip may take your upload privileges away.

Besides, Do I need to have the music in flac format?

Not necessarily, you can upload in MP3 (320 CBR, V0 and V2) and OGG as well, although if you're uploading your own rips, FLAC may get you the most "bang for your buck".

Chief_Garbonzo
05-29-2010, 07:52 PM
VIPMusic would be a safe bet to check out. Like others have said, give slsk a shot too, I used that program for YEARSSS. Plus slsk is spyware & bloatware free too.

cinephilia
05-30-2010, 12:45 AM
rutracker.org

huge content, plenty of lossless files and even better speeds and more peers than what.cd and waffles on old torrents.

megabyteme
05-30-2010, 01:24 AM
Hey graywolf,

Decide between What and Waffle- I'll hook you up with the one you pick. :)

Just send me a PM and keep an eye on your ratio. Neither one is excessively difficult.

graywolf
05-30-2010, 04:10 AM
Wow.. thanks for the help, but are you sure you want to do that? :unsure:

I mean, from what I remember, What invites weren't allowed on giveaways.

And it won't affect your account at What? :unsure:

I would love to get an invite, but won't want your a/c banned.

And yea, as I recall, I read somewhere that my country is banned from the invite channel. So, invite from someone is the only way, but still consider your offer.

I don't want l33tn3ss, I just want a site, where I can get music and seed back.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions from above all, I will look into every site/client you all mentioned. :)

megabyteme
05-30-2010, 04:24 AM
I take good care of my accounts, graywolf. Let's talk via PM's.

lea88
05-30-2010, 04:56 AM
I would also suggest VIPmusic

cinephilia
05-30-2010, 02:12 PM
VIPMusic would be a safe bet to check out. Like others have said, give slsk a shot too, I used that program for YEARSSS. Plus slsk is spyware & bloatware free too.

I would also suggest VIPmusic
i personaly wouldn't. vip-music is scene-only and there are way too much shitty trance compilations to make it a good tracker.

theGeek
05-30-2010, 02:13 PM
vipmusic is a good one altho compared to the Ws it has less content. the staff there dont care if you have a low ratio as long as you seed your stuff back for at least 3 days (or a week depending on the size). they also have a good bonus system.

libble is also okay for indie, folk and old school music. and they have a pretty complicated ranking system, only problem is slow speed and retention is not that good. :)

cinephilia
05-30-2010, 02:17 PM
diversity is not what distinguish vipmusic from other music trackers if you ask me..

anon
05-30-2010, 04:22 PM
vipmusic is a good one altho compared to the Ws it has less content.

Yes, of course, since they only allow Scene releases. What.cd and Waffles let users upload their own rips, and that's what makes them the great sites they are content-wise.

kukushka
05-30-2010, 05:49 PM
vipmusic is a good one altho compared to the Ws it has less content.

Yes, of course, since they only allow Scene releases. What.cd and Waffles let users upload their own rips, and that's what makes them the great sites they are content-wise.
not exactly. releases confirming to scene standarts are okay too. and for some stuff like discogs vip can be the ultimate source

anon
05-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Yes, but a large chunk of what the Scene releases is trance/electronic stuff. They also rip on V2 only for those that consider this important.

graywolf
05-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Thank you all for the suggestions and special thanks to megabyteme for inviting me to what. :)

Night to all! :)

ninja666
05-30-2010, 07:25 PM
If your not happy with What, then try scenesound.org itīs a good one!

anon
05-30-2010, 07:30 PM
...which also offers Scene releases only. Nice site if you're into that however, although VIPMusic has more torrents.

Eargasm
05-31-2010, 10:18 PM
Indietorrents is good if you like independently released albums - they don't make a big deal about a bad ratio either.

elbuitre
05-31-2010, 10:48 PM
Indietorrents is good if you like independently released albums - they don't make a big deal about a bad ratio either.

it's so easy to seed there though. And yeah it's a great tracker, they have some truly awesome people uploading and people care more about sharing music than uploading for ratio and what not. They have also began a revitalization of the community, montly themes and uploading competitions that have already turned me on to some great music. Check it out, also invites are pretty much given away like pennies since mods are not assholes.

654654sdsgs
06-01-2010, 04:52 PM
I agree with using warezbb for music content also for apps.