PDA

View Full Version : Like Some Help With Subtitles

RipJacked
06-03-2010, 05:02 AM
Ok I know am new as heck here but I come asking for help because of a friend. I've got the all of the Macross Frontier but here's the thing. There all in Japanese and have no subs or dubs. I've know Japanese myself but my friend who is a anime junkie like myself does not and I was hoping someone could give me a idea on where to look for the subtitles or even a link to them. I will say this before hand I don't do Torrents since I find them hard to trust and like DD's over Torrents. If anyone can help me with this that would be great.

The New Guy No One Knows Yet
RipJacked

Edit:
For got to add Last time, this is the Macross Frontier 1920x1080 DVD set that was released in Japan. It had no subs or Dubs it was a Japanese only DVD set.

mr. nails
06-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Your best bet IS to use torrents for you will find getting a hold of stand alone srt's (sub-titles) for macross frontier (or any anime for this matter) is a pretty difficult feat on it's own.

Sure, you use sites like Youtube (www.youtube.com) to stream the shows, but MOST likely it's going to be very low quality.

mqPWORwCYbM

What exactly are you afraid of by using BT?

There is currently a BT tracker online supporting Macross Frontier in High Quality @ 720p by the name of THORA (which does excellent work and has a lot of trackers available for a lot of other anime) and does supply the sub-titles you demand. Just google, "Macross Frontier THORA" and you'll find the file you need.

RipJacked
06-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Your best bet IS to use torrents for you will find getting a hold of stand alone srt's (sub-titles) for macross frontier (or any anime for this matter) is a pretty difficult feat on it's own.

Sure, you use sites like Youtube (www.youtube.com) to stream the shows, but MOST likely it's going to be very low quality.

mqPWORwCYbM

What exactly are you afraid of by using BT?

There is currently a BT tracker online supporting Macross Frontier in High Quality @ 720p by the name of THORA (which does excellent work and has a lot of trackers available for a lot of other anime) and does supply the sub-titles you demand. Just google, "Macross Frontier THORA" and you'll find the file you need.

Well it's not the fact that I don't want to use torrents really it's more or less that I can't. I have a Internet Connection that's extremely new. In fact it's more like a test connection. You know where a company will offer free internet if you test there new Connection. It has many rules bound to it and if you break them you loose it. The contract I signed and agreed to states am forbidden to use torrents so you can understand why I don't use it. I like my free internet and with the Economy I would like to keep it. So it's not really a trusting bit with Torrents it's more like my provider dosn't like them and I can't use them. I used the wrong words to explain that last time.

The Youtube Vids I'll pass on but thanks for the info and suggestion.

The Thora thing I won't be able to get since it's through a torrent If I read that correctly and I can't do it. So unless you know of it not being a Torrent some where that be great but I won't ask you to put it in a DD. It would be rude of me to ask such a thing when am extremely and not being a hardcore leech and with the help you've given me.

Thanks Mr. Nails and am glad to be here and hope to be seen more often here. In a good way that is :happy:

Thanks again, It's appreciated

Bestfriend81
06-03-2010, 12:35 PM
may be here (http://subscene.com/)

RipJacked
06-04-2010, 10:23 AM
may be here (http://subscene.com/)

Looked it's a no go, It's in Arabic and I don't think that's the right Set of Subs for the DVD set I have. Since each Disk has a entire season

A
06-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Goto to http://Warez-bb.org and search for "Macross Frontier".There are THORA releases as well.

RipJacked
06-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Thanks AbyBeats, I've found them and am getting them now.

Thank you everyone for your help. It's made this a load easier and I'm getting them all now.

Regards
RipJacked