PDA

View Full Version : Megaupload.

nosal
06-03-2010, 08:26 PM
What exactly is the download limit for free users?.It just seems to work/not work randomly for me...

anon
06-03-2010, 08:56 PM
3 "automated" downloads per hour (after that, you have to type the captcha and wait 45 seconds until the next hour), and only one file at a time.

Burnsy
06-03-2010, 09:06 PM
iirc they only had a limited amount of free download slots too... so in theory, even if you met all anon's criteria but there were no slots available you couldn't download... it's been years since I used MU as a free user though

anon
06-03-2010, 09:09 PM
They have thankfully removed that, or so it appears. I haven't got the "all free slots for your country are used up" message for a long time. You could bypass that if you edited your User-Agent to make it look like the MU toolbar is installed, by the way.

Burnsy
06-03-2010, 09:16 PM
That's good to know... I very rarely use MU though. I usually get everything I'm after from one torrent site or another, but for a backup I have an RS premium account... 15 Euro every 3 months is hardly a bank breaker. My sister uses it more than I do :lol:

nosal
06-03-2010, 09:28 PM
I was thinking in terms of Gb per day/hour or whatever......cause sometimes I get a message along the lines of "you have to wait x minutes before you can download again".

KZEE
06-04-2010, 06:00 AM
That's good to know... I very rarely use MU though. I usually get everything I'm after from one torrent site or another, but for a backup I have an RS premium account... 15 Euro every 3 months is hardly a bank breaker. My sister uses it more than I do :lol:

RS is bad for backup cuz they will delete inactive files
Mu won't as long as ur premium

Burnsy
06-04-2010, 06:59 AM

RS is bad for backup cuz they will delete inactive files
Mu won't as long as ur premium

I don't upload anything via RS though so that's not really of any great concern... and there's always a warez site somewhere that will have what you're looking for... as long as it's not too obscure :)

Speedo
06-05-2010, 09:21 PM
There is a script on userscript that runs on greasemonkey called "megaupload catcha auto fill ++" or something that overruns that bullcrap.

anon
06-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Yes, that one uses the mgr_dl.php trick.

Quarterquack
06-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Google skipscreen.

BangComedy
06-13-2010, 03:34 PM
If you find that 15$ is cheap, you should look into MediaFire.com - Not only is is cheap, but you can share any size file with people without them having to wait for the download (For Pro Users). If you choose a free account, they have to wait very little time compared to RS, and the file size is still unlimited in size (up to 10 GB).

anon
06-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Mediafire's a blessing for free users. Simultaneous downloads at maximum speeds with near-zero waiting time, how cool is that?

FlacDon
06-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Mediafire's a blessing for free users. Simultaneous downloads at maximum speeds with near-zero waiting time, how cool is that?
I wasn`t know this. Thanks for info :01:

Duder1no
06-21-2010, 12:21 AM
I use jdownloader an excellent freeware download manager, it auto-captures download links from the clipboard when you copy them and automatically begins downloading files, if there's a wait it does so and reactivates the download once wait time is over, it even auto fills captchas: http://jdownloader.org/

Cabalo
06-21-2010, 12:41 AM
I use jdownloader an excellent freeware download manager, it auto-captures download links from the clipboard when you copy them and automatically begins downloading files, if there's a wait it does so and reactivates the download once wait time is over, it even auto fills captchas: http://jdownloader.org/
Same here. Works like a charm.

anon
06-21-2010, 04:56 PM
If you're on Windows: http://rdesc.com/ :yup:

TheKarateKitt
06-26-2010, 04:17 AM
Um, is it just me or does it seem MU only lets you d/l about 1 or 2 files (in my case ~ 200-400MB) before the download limit expires? For the past few days my d/l limit has been expiring too soon like a premature ejaculation.... lol

anon
06-26-2010, 04:28 PM
As far as I know, if you're a free user, you're allowed three downloads per hour. Click on this to know how many you have left at the moment:
http://megaupload.com/mgr_bdr.php

BerGoO
06-26-2010, 05:41 PM
your line's speed divided by 8 :)

TheKarateKitt
06-26-2010, 11:38 PM
Did I miss the memo or something? I vividly recall MU's limit being something variable from 2GB - 5GB (or, I dunno, 12-20 files?) til your period expired. Now it's down to 3???????!!! And speeds are c(r)apped now?

And, yes, obv am a free user...

TheKarateKitt
07-06-2010, 09:03 PM
^ BUMP. I'm using JDownloader to grab some MU files and notice speeds have been consistently capped at around 250KB/sec and I can't even finish a 200MB d/l before I get cut off for "exceeding" the download limit.... So, I ask again, did I miss the memo for MU changing their d/l policy to be worse than RapidSh!t?

mysoogals
07-13-2010, 09:56 PM

as a former paid user of mediafire pro, they provide a very slow download service sorry but they really are garbage, the only good thing about them is http seeding through utorrent etc :naughty: but too blows when users can only reach 120kbit/s

anon
07-13-2010, 11:12 PM
I can easily max my 3Mbit line out on Mediafire. Perhaps the routing to your location isn't very good.

miko_korima
07-19-2010, 07:24 AM
Little note, I dont use megaupload very well but you can change your adress IP for not have limit of download.
If that's can help someone :P

HongLeong
07-19-2010, 07:41 AM
i do that with rapidshare. restart modem when i want to have another download. waiting time really annoying.
i heard there are software to bypass waiting time, but i dont know what they are.
anyone know? can teach me?

anon
07-19-2010, 05:23 PM
i heard there are software to bypass waiting time, but i dont know what they are.

Look for a reconnect script for your connection/router/modem.

Funkin'
07-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Or he can use JDownloader. That app will do it for you as long as you have a dynamic ip.

stonecaper
07-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Same here. Works like a charm.

Really...JDownloader's The Best