PDA

View Full Version : Irony

Pages : [1] 2 3

IdolEyes787
06-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Lately I've become more and more disenchanted with the mentality/level of people on bt trackers so in an effort to stem the tide or at least maybe( probably not) make myself feel better I am willing to consider inviting people who apply here to a wide variety of trackers ( excluding HD , or FLAC specific as I don't belong to any.Also no non-English speaking places .edit and not BitMe for obvious reasons).

Again I am not promising to invite or apply for anyone anyplace but serious consideration will be given to anyone who puts out a good request( that probably not being that you simply want something faster or in packs or that you "heard" from a "friend" that the community was good - I suggest you get your "friend" to invite you then) and is capable of offering some proof that he/she is worth a fuck.

Rules :Willingness to post some public proof -which if I have any doubt about I will ask cabalo to check - which believe me if you are trying to pull a fast one you seriously don't want him to do.
Other than that some demonstration on your part that you are truly interested in the content of the site.So obviously in that regard priority will be given to people applying to niche/non 0day trackers(movie/TV/games).

One last note I'm very serious about being sick of the lack of depth/humour/caring that is the norm here (and at trackers ) now so consider this to be maybe your last and only chance for me to invite you any place before I totally give up on the whole process.

Oh yeah and anyone posting "good giveaway " ,"nice one" or other such insipid insincere garbage is instantly disqualified.

Also in cases that it is obvious to me that you are a liar I will send you a very profane PM so be forewarned( so at least I will get something out of this whole effort:))

Lastly if any staff are viewing this and have a problem with your site being included let me know and I won't ( include it).

karachidude
06-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Oh yeah and anyone posting "good giveaway " ,"nice one" or other such insipid insincere garbage is instantly disqualified.

good giveaway and also a nice one,please sent me a invitation to HDbits.org,and be quick..kthanks

megabyteme
06-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Great Giveaway!!! Can I get HDFLAC, plz?

Just getting that one out of the way early. Now nobody else needs to do it....:D

Tv Controls you
06-04-2010, 01:48 PM
I thought you only invite Canadians?

...Well that is if they are real Canadians lol

IdolEyes787
06-04-2010, 01:54 PM
I thought you only invite Canadians?

...Well that is if they are real Canadians lol

I hope at least someone saw that to be an attempt at humour.

@karachidude and megadoucheme send me your email addresses because I'm a huge fan of the obvious.

Although in MBM's case it might be the oblivious.

megabyteme
06-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Fake Canadians in our midst, eh? That's down right shameful! The depths some "people" will go...:snooty:

IdolEyes787
06-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Fake Canadians in our midst, eh? That's down right shameful! The depths some "people" will go...:snooty:

Umm btw what do you order when you stop at Dunkin' Donuts?

megabyteme
06-04-2010, 02:03 PM
I play basketball like everyone else, naturalment...

Tv Controls you
06-04-2010, 02:04 PM
I hope at least someone saw that to be an attempt at humour.

@karachidude and megadoucheme send me your email addresses because I'm a huge fan of the obvious.

Although in MBM's case it might be the oblivious.

Damn, I was just trying to lighten the intensity of this whole thread. :cry:

addon619
06-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Can u invite me to torrentleech mate...heard it got very good speeds and they release der own xclusive pc game clone dvds and fixes

tippertime
06-04-2010, 02:06 PM

a cheese danish and a regular glazed donut, and their coffee is the bomb dot com

I'll take a TTC invite please and thank you :whistling

P2PDog
06-04-2010, 02:18 PM

Haha.... nice trick question. A real Canadian knows that nobody actually stops at Dunkin' Donuts, it's just that place you pass on your way to Tim Horton's.

megabyteme
06-04-2010, 02:32 PM
My mistake...I meant to say, Cambodia. Simple typo, you see.

Cabalo
06-04-2010, 02:43 PM

a cheese danish and a regular glazed donut, and their coffee is the bomb dot com

My friend, if there's someone who deserves it, that's you.

megabyteme
06-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Agreed, cabalo.

IdolEyes787
06-04-2010, 04:07 PM

I can actually apply for you if you like.
You need to prove that you're at least as smart as MBM first though.
Wait you just did.

Can u invite me to torrentleech mate...heard it got very good speeds and they release der own xclusive pc game clone dvds and fixes

No. Besides not respecting anyone who only pops up here when it's time to ask for something I also don't appreciate the deceptive country of origin ( unless you've moved something besides the server) Maju.
Also if you bothered to ever read anything else I bother to write you would have noticed 1. I don't care if you are concerned about getting something a little faster :frusty:2. I don't especially appreciate people who use a site simply to get files to upload elsewhere (see directlinkspot.com) 3. You already have IPT which is basically the same thing .

My friend, if there's someone who deserves it, that's you.

Cinephillia :(
No wait they banned France.

QPD
06-04-2010, 04:37 PM
nice one good giveaway !!!
Can you invite me to 0dayFLAC.HD ???
I promise to be good and stop cheating!

graywolf
06-04-2010, 04:44 PM

Hey Idol! Weren't you disabled at TL and some staff explained it as you being staff of this site where trading is allowed, was the reason. I think I've read it in some thread or maybe it's my mind playing tricks. :unsure:

IdolEyes787
06-04-2010, 04:45 PM
nice one good giveaway !!!
Can you invite me to 0dayFLAC.HD ???
I promise to be good and stop cheating!

In regards that joke.

http://alteredobsession.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/feb-09-altered-atc-jenna-franklin-ship-has-sailed.jpg

Hey Idol! Weren't you disabled at TL and some staff explained it as you being staff of this site where trading is allowed, was the reason. I think I've read it in some thread or maybe it's my mind playing tricks. :unsure:

I was but being the sad puppy that I am the former sysop himself re-invited me.
Go figure.:idunno:

graywolf
06-04-2010, 04:50 PM
You already have IPT which is basically the same thing .

I was thinking for requesting TL, sometime in future. But, according to you, is it not much different in content, speeds and file retention? :huh:

IdolEyes787
06-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Btw FST isn't a trading site anymore than it is a British ,Canadian or Egyptian site .
There are people here of that persuasion that is all.What you choose to do or don't do is entirely up to the person him/her self.

graywolf
06-04-2010, 04:52 PM

wow.. you're one lucky person.. ;)

IdolEyes787
06-04-2010, 04:53 PM
I was thinking for requesting TL, sometime in future. But, according to you, is it not much different in content, speeds and file retention? :huh:

I think it's arguably better in retention than most other 0days but for my mind at least that's about it.If you are constantly looking for older scene stuff then TL is probably the way to go otherwise ( to me at least ) one 0day is pretty much as good as another.

[QUOTE=IdolEyes787;3465695]

wow.. you're one lucky person.. ;)

I like to think that honesty has some small reward.

cinephilia
06-04-2010, 05:10 PM
hi, i'd like an invite to any place you are member of, just for the privilege of being in your invite tree.

addon619
06-04-2010, 05:15 PM
ok no probs..
But deceptive country of origin ??? What u mean??

aly13
06-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Since we are both Canadians at least for now (because I changed my country flag) you can invite me to somewhere, but not to a love meeting...im so sorry but frankly you're not my type.:D

i feel some irony here...

IdolEyes787
06-04-2010, 05:24 PM
hi, i'd like an invite to any place you are member of, just for the privilege of being in your invite tree.

I don't trust you .You have a (David) lean and (stay) hungry look.
Also you think too much and someone warned me that such men are dangerous.

Btw that's why Martinator and I are friends I can trust him never to think.

...im so sorry but frankly you're not my type.:D

You mean conscious?

I'm beginning to feel like Diogenes maybe I should get a lamp or something.

aly13
06-04-2010, 06:05 PM
I have a copy of Aladin's Lamp...im rubbing it but damn its not working yet...

megabyteme
06-04-2010, 06:12 PM
I have a copy of Aladin's Lamp...im rubbing it but damn its not working yet...

The man's name may be Aladin, but if he is standing in front of you with a big grin on his face, that is not his lamp. :noes:

ca_aok
06-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Giveaways without specific sites always turn out so well :D

[/insipid insincere garbage]

QPD
06-04-2010, 07:21 PM
UN-Giveaways without specific sites always turn out so well :D

/fixed for you!

ca_aok
06-04-2010, 07:28 PM
http://www.jonco48.com/blog/irony_small.jpg

megabyteme
06-04-2010, 07:34 PM
http://www.jonco48.com/blog/irony_small.jpg

Presentations need to be tailored to fit the audience...

Burnsy
06-04-2010, 07:35 PM

Idol's last one didn't turn out too badly for me :)

ca_aok
06-04-2010, 07:38 PM
On FST we should probably be using flash cards and crayon colouring books then.

megabyteme
06-04-2010, 07:38 PM
There's nothing on the internets today, so I'm liking this theme...

http://i45.tinypic.com/1j85kk.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2jczjbt.jpg

On FST we should probably be using flash cards and crayon colouring books then.

Sock puppet theatre might work, too.

brightsid
06-04-2010, 08:08 PM
It's summertime world cup is coming so I hope an offtopic post is allowed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqo1jqyaW8k

Good luck everybody

Why MBM is changing his flag ?

ca_aok
06-04-2010, 08:41 PM
It's summertime world cup is coming so I hope an offtopic post is allowed
In these sorts of threads only offtopic posts are allowed. Better song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxGh6VGxuw0

Tv Controls you
06-04-2010, 08:48 PM
un-giveaway 3 or 4?

Quarterquack
06-04-2010, 08:52 PM

Quoting Shakespeare, yet again. Can't believe no one caught this one, this time around.

megabyteme
06-04-2010, 08:59 PM

It was just a typo before, I've been Cambadian all along. :)

brightsid
06-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Totally disagree ca_aok. Great song but wrong version

IdolEyes787
06-04-2010, 09:01 PM

Quoting Shakespeare, yet again. Can't believe no one caught this one, this time around.

Shakespeare who?:unsure:
Btw surprised no pithy comments on the cinematic references ?Of course most people here probably think David Lean is Jack Sprat's cousin and Stay Hungry is having a hotel room in Budapest.

You know ex-pat is just a polite way of saying traitor.

Go away and listen to some disconnected noise and call it Jazz or something, this is serious business.:yup:

brightsid
06-04-2010, 09:06 PM
I know David Lean but Who is Jack Sprat?

A13
06-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Don't meaning to rain down on the parade, but this offer of yours is pretty ineffective, too much trolling. Why does it have to be a public offer for?

But then somehow I have that slight feeling deep in my stomach that this is a joke. :huh:

IdolEyes787
06-04-2010, 09:09 PM
I know David Lean but Who is Jack Sprat?He was in School of Rock.

Don't meaning to rain down on the parade, but this offer of yours is pretty ineffective, too much trolling. Why does it have to be a public offer for?

But then somehow I have that slight feeling deep in my stomach that this is a joke. :huh:

Then you would be wrong in both thought and attitude.

As for being public I don't things hidden simple as that.Seriously any risk I'm pretty much assuming on myself anyway so I frankly don't see a need to complain.

A13
06-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Forgive me then, there's just too much trolling and useless posts for me to take it serious. Why does it have to be public? Why not offer to the fellas you know well, privately?

IdolEyes787
06-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Forgive me then, there's just too much trolling and useless posts for me to take it serious. Why does it have to be public? Why not offer to the fellas you know well, privately?

Because I have already done that to the any reasonable degree that I am able to already .Here I am only pointlessly hoping to maybe help someone out who might otherwise not be.

And please enough about the trolling .It's called joking around among friends and if it offends you then I would respectfully suggest that you are taking the whole bt/internet thing too seriously .

Burnsy
06-04-2010, 09:16 PM
there's just too much trolling and useless posts for me to take it serious

You've been here 3 months and you've just figured this out? :)

Welcome to FST :P

brightsid
06-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks heard about it but not my type

Maybe because he still believes there are a few interesting users around and wants to give them a chance A13. Nothing useless in knowing ca_aok taste or MBM nationality :P

IdolEyes787
06-04-2010, 09:20 PM

See that inane comment made my day far more than any number of posts about bitrate ,scene groups or the like could ever hope to.

Nothing useless in knowing ca_aok lack of taste or MBM sexuality :sick:

A13
06-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Our thoughts didn't match then, I've come to think that the e-connotation of trolling is joking around, especially in the bt world :happy:

Thanks for the welcome Burnsy, I look forward to productive and intimate conversations here with everyone :yup:

IdolEyes787
06-04-2010, 09:37 PM
As for the inspecificity I prefer people to say what they want instead constructing an argument to suit whatever it is I might be offering.
That and like I said I really don't know if I will invite anybody ,it is totally dpendant on who comes forward and what they have to say for themselves.
I will say that in the past I've invited people to just about any site ( given the constraints imposed on this thread) that people seem to think worthwhile.

Quarterquack
06-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Well since we're here, then, I might as well ask. Why do you put anymore faith in humanity's ability to come up with a coherent, respectable request in this thread, over wit and humor in the specific places you're willing to inject life to?

I can't see how anyone can lose respect/hope in the intelligence level of the current "BT Community" but lack the same measure when judging whether or not his giveaway can be fruitful.

IdolEyes787
06-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Well since we're here, then, I might as well ask. Why do you put anymore faith in humanity's ability to come up with a coherent, respectable request in this thread, over wit and humor in the specific places you're willing to inject life to?

I can't see how anyone can lose respect/hope in the intelligence level of the current "BT Community" but lack the same measure when judging whether or not his giveaway can be fruitful.

See thread title unless I'm misunderstanding what you are saying.

Quarterquack
06-04-2010, 09:53 PM

I figured as much, and no, you are not.

ca_aok
06-05-2010, 02:49 AM
I just assume anything he posts in such a thread is trash :lol:

Go away and listen to some disconnected noise and call it Jazz or something, this is serious business.:yup:
Go watch a Fellini movie with no plot or character development and call it film, this is serious business. :yup:

Maybe because he still believes there are a few interesting users around and wants to give them a chance A13. Nothing useless in knowing ca_aok taste or MBM nationality :P
I don't even listen to Sublime much, just happened to hear that song earlier today.

:fst:

dandraesley
06-05-2010, 03:43 AM
Looks like i'm gonna lurk around this thread again because I'm not having that kind of witty talk and joke. But isn't this kind of thread make new member of FST kinda confusing?.

You can ignore my post if you wish though.
/dandraesley runs away

megabyteme
06-05-2010, 05:54 AM
Looks like i'm gonna lurk around this thread again because I'm not having that kind of witty talk and joke. But isn't this kind of thread make new member of FST kinda confusing?.

You can ignore my post if you wish though.
/dandraesley runs away

Welcome, dandraesley!

You bring up some interesting, and important questions regarding this thread, BT, and the internet as a whole- maybe even real life... To boil it all down into a single question, let's call it, "Is this person/site full of promise, or shit?"

Like anywhere, we have to follow our instincts and do a bit of research before making an (hopefully) informed decision. I know I've been duped more than a few times by real world "friends", clicked on links that were supposed to give me valuable information, or pics of "models" :whistling . Eventually, we find that there are certain clues to the nature of these Sirens.

In the real world, much is based on money and profit. Much of the internet operates in a similar manner. Filesharing is unique in that no money needs change hands, and there are no shortages in supply. In fact, many of the "purist" members of the community frown on monetary involvement in any form.

One area of BT that is not exempt from real world shortcomings is EGO. Ego can take on many forms here. Some strive for exclusivity in their trackers, some "pride" themselves in uploading faster/more than others. Some people are simply pricks.

My (humble :shifty:) advice is to take your time and read as much about the community and its members as possible before buying into anyone's bullshit. However, some of us have A LOT of fun playing in that same muck!

sake
06-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Can i ask for FtN invite, but not for me. It`s for a friend of mine.

dandraesley
06-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Thanks for seeing my (humble) post too. No, I don't give serious sh*t about this thread. But sometimes we need to be more serious, sometimes just have fun.

Off course RL is much more important to me. That's why i rarely post, i'm just lurking around and watch some interesting posts from FST member.

IdolEyes787
06-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Can i ask for FtN invite, but not for me. It`s for a friend of mine.

I need you to provide proof that you actually have any friends.

No, I don't give serious sh*t about this thread.

:(

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0803/honesty-cartoon-honesty-tumor-cancer-funny-lol-demotivational-poster-1206471526.png

aly13
06-05-2010, 01:02 PM
So...when I get my invite? Im a very old person and not have so much time...:)like elektonik.So it's not rush but i need somme money to buy a hot dog...:D

sake
06-05-2010, 01:15 PM
What kind of proof do you want? :D

IdolEyes787
06-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Go watch a Fellini movie with no plot or character development and call it film, this is serious business. :yup:

I could go into a long treatise on how Fellini brought something new and utterly original to film audiences.How by using archetypal characters and elements of realism contrasting starkly with the surrealistic ( to the iconic extent that the process ,later used to such great effect by David Lynch,Tim Burton and Guillermo del Toro become known as "Felliniesque") he effused a sense of sublime drama into the mundane.
Or how he used celluloid the way a great painter uses a canvas to create a palette of emotion by simple , sometimes barely perceptible variance of colour but in the end I'd probably have to agree with you.:pinch:

Know where I can download some Global Village Orchestra?:(

megabyteme
06-05-2010, 01:41 PM
What kind of proof do you want? :D

I would say, evidence of a level 6+ dinner invitation (no french fries, or sodas), "friend picks up the tab", you leave generous tip. Photo(s) are taken by a non-paid third-party using either your, or your friend's camera. Following meal (of similar quality/value) occurs within 30 days of first gathering. Evidence of same parties involved must be provided. This time you pick up tab; "friend" pays tip. Again, photos are to be taken by third-party.

*Bonus points to be given if neither party is wearing same outfit.*

IdolEyes787
06-05-2010, 02:13 PM
So...when I get my invite? Im a very old person and not have so much time...:)like elektonik.So it's not rush but i need somme money to buy a hot dog...:D

Idol searches thread looking to find where aly13 actually requested anything.Comes up empty.Bangs head repeatedly against wall.

sake
06-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Hahha :) Mentally unstable people :D

Regards,

sake

:D

ca_aok
06-05-2010, 02:18 PM
I could go into a long treatise on how Fellini brought something new and utterly original to film audiences.How by using archetypal characters and elements of realism contrasting starkly with the surrealistic ( to the iconic extent that the process ,later used to such great effect by David Lynch,Tim Burton and Guillermo del Toro become known as "Felliniesque") he effused a sense of sublime drama into the mundane.
Or how he used celluloid the way a great painter uses a canvas to create a palette of emotion by simple , sometimes barely perceptible variance of colour but in the end I'd probably have to agree with you.:pinch:

Know where I can download some Global Village Orchestra?:(
I could also go on a rant about the complex time signatures, dissonant tones and improvisational prowess make jazz a prime example of free expression but I'll spare you (for now).

Re: the download, if you don't mind iTunes sourced AAC files yes, otherwise, no. PM me if interested.

aly13
06-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Idol searches thread looking to find where aly13 actually requested anything.Comes up empty.Bangs head repeatedly against wall.

I only tease you,:) and i really don't think you consider me as a potential invitee,that's why i don't have the balls to ask...

dandraesley
06-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Idol, I'm truly doesn't want any kind of invites from you. Not that I've hard feeling against you but I'm just have enough of them atm. I'm still enjoying my IPT account.

I just feel it's confusing for new people (except me because I'm already fed of enough with your thread some time ago) in FST when seeing this kind of giveaway thread.

But I'll let's you think as you wish about my true intention.

Regards, GL with your giveaway. :)

IdolEyes787
06-05-2010, 03:59 PM

I only tease you,:) and i really don't think you consider me as a potential invitee,that's why i don't have the balls to ask...

Fortes fortuna adiuvat*.

* non-literal translation, I only put this in to irritate dandraesley.

Idol, I'm truly doesn't want any kind of invites from you. Not that I've hard feeling against you but I'm just have enough of them atm. I'm still enjoying my IPT account.

I just feel it's confusing for new people (except me because I'm already fed of enough with your thread some time ago) in FST when seeing this kind of giveaway thread.

But I'll let's you think as you wish about my true intention.

Regards, GL with your giveaway. :)

Btw if it's any consolation I'm equally confused by a lot on here as well.:mellow:

06-05-2010, 04:40 PM
iTS is possible?

anon
06-05-2010, 04:49 PM
iTS is possible?

You are aware of how iTS's "invite" system works, right?

IdolEyes787
06-05-2010, 05:04 PM
iTS is possible?

Possible for what?:unsure:

aly13
06-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Fortes fortuna adiuvat*

Audentes fortuna iuvat
Audaces fortuna iuvat
Fortes fortuna iuvat
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

7th
06-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Fortes fortuna adiuvat*

Audentes fortuna iuvat
Audaces fortuna iuvat
Fortes fortuna iuvat
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

Fortune favours the bold... fortune favours the brave.

Uh, I wish I had an invite to ask you Idol but for a long time now, I'm very happy with the trackers I have. :pinch:

06-05-2010, 06:48 PM
yes i know its invite interview in irc
;)
but i thought idoleyes787 know other way ;)
he said :"I am willing to consider inviting people who apply here to a wide variety of trackers"

it was just a thought

IdolEyes787
06-05-2010, 07:24 PM
yes i know its invite interview in irc
;)
but i thought idoleyes787 know other way ;)
he said :"I am willing to consider inviting people who apply here to a wide variety of trackers"

it was just a thought

Again I am not promising to invite or apply for anyone anyplace but serious consideration will be given to anyone who puts out a good request and is capable of offering some proof that he/she is worth a fuck.

Other than that some demonstration on your part that you are truly interested in the content of the site.

So apply then.
Also as anon stated seeing that it's an application ( at iTS) and really not dependent on anything that I do ,you really have a better chance simply going through the regular irc process instead of implying that you are looking for some easy shortcut which frankly doesn't garner any respect.

That said if you are able /willing to make a strong enough case ( for me that would be a strong knowledge and demonstrated love for film) then it would be my pleasure to submit an application for you.

aly13
06-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Fortes fortuna adiuvat*.

So... you can shoot me whit an invite to F** ?:D

i feel some irony here

brightsid
06-05-2010, 08:03 PM

I'll subscribe this topic just in case you decide to talk about Claudia or Sofia in his work. Last weeked I watched Jullieta of the spirits. The magic of colors

IdolEyes787
06-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Fortes fortuna adiuvat*.

i feel some irony here

Is that F** or F**?

Also I know you aren't being serious but if you subscribe to the rules/intent of the thread you never know.
Btw in all seriousness I've invited people who have failed utterly places both big and small ( as have I on certain trackers/forums for various reasons ) so I doubt you could turn out worse than them (or me). So simple advice never sell yourself short and instead of thinking " why me" try approaching everything with the attitude of "why not?"

Btw I really totally wasting my time with this whole thread again aren't I?

A13
06-05-2010, 08:56 PM
-snip-

I think so yeah. I see a lot of sarcasm and jokes unfortunately. If you really are trying to find the right people to invite, I think that in itself is difficult. I'm surprised though. I would think all those users that FST has will come up to you by now asking for invites to trackers, but I guess not.

ca_aok
06-05-2010, 09:07 PM
I think so yeah. I see a lot of sarcasm and jokes unfortunately. If you really are trying to find the right people to invite, I think that in itself is difficult. I'm surprised though. I would think all those users that FST has will come up to you by now asking for invites to trackers, but I guess not.
The "regulars" here so to speak don't need invites, or if we do they certainly won't be obtained through this thread. It's quite a different atmosphere to other places where the regulars became regulars because they were desperate for invites to FTN/whatever. As for the rest of them, they're either traders that won't be considered or they're too lazy to write out more than a few words in a request.

I assumed you knew that when you created the thread given the quality of posts in this section lately :ermm:

elbuitre
06-05-2010, 09:27 PM
I'd like an invite to FTN, mostly because I've been a victim of hype and I'm curious. The problem is that is that it is very hard very hard to think of a good reason to make proper request for it. The content is scene so it's not unique, I have SCC so I have more packs available to me that I could ever download. I do not know what the community is like so I cannot say I want it for it. I can't say I'm a great user (as in REALLY active) at all sites I'm in, but I keep a good ratio always, and I follow rules (they're pretty reasonable most of the time anyway). I'm even a VIP on one small music tracker. I do not trade, I do not cheat, etc. A forum is always fun to me, I like reading them; I heard a lot of staff from other sites post there, so I'm interested in lurking that. But other than that I can't say I have a great reason but I would appreciate it.

aly13
06-05-2010, 09:36 PM

i feel some irony here

Is that F** or F**?

Also I know you aren't being serious but if you subscribe to the rules/intent of the thread you never know.
Btw in all seriousness I've invited people who have failed utterly places both big and small ( as have I on certain trackers/forums for various reasons ) so I doubt you could turn out worse than them (or me). So simple advice never sell yourself short and instead of thinking " why me" try approaching everything with the attitude of "why not?"

Ok now im serious if you really whant to consider me as a potential invite to F*N im waiting a pm from you and all your requirements are be shown.And how you said "Why not"

Tv Controls you
06-05-2010, 09:37 PM
I'd like an invite to FTN, mostly because I've been a victim of hype and I'm curious. The problem is that is that it is very hard very hard to think of a good reason to make proper request for it. The content is scene so it's not unique, I have SCC so I have more packs available to me that I could ever download. I do not know what the community is like so I cannot say I want it for it. I can't say I'm a great user (as in REALLY active) at all sites I'm in, but I keep a good ratio always, and I follow rules (they're pretty reasonable most of the time anyway). I'm even a VIP on one small music tracker. I do not trade, I do not cheat, etc. A forum is always fun to me, I like reading them; I heard a lot of staff from other sites post there, so I'm interested in lurking that. But other than that I can't say I have a great reason but I would appreciate it.

This may be the most truthful Ftn request I have ever encountered. All jokes aside

....good luck lol

Quarterquack
06-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Totally serious question. I have a friend that probably finds it demeaning to involve himself with this thread. He's a really nice person, and he's been reasonably active on FST. I don't know why he hasn't thrown his one request in around here recently, but I'm sure that he still wants it.

Advice on how I should proceed to convince him to join in on this fun?

P.S. No, the person is definitely not me.

IdolEyes787
06-05-2010, 10:16 PM
The "regulars" here so to speak don't need invites, or if we do they certainly won't be obtained through this thread. It's quite a different atmosphere to other places where the regulars became regulars because they were desperate for invites to FTN/whatever. As for the rest of them, they're either traders that won't be considered or they're too lazy to write out more than a few words in a request.

I assumed you knew that when you created the thread given the quality of posts in this section lately :ermm:

Like my previous thread I was sort of hoping (against hope ) that I might actually get a few people just asking for something innocuous because they had some interest in something or other and up to this point weren't so entrenched/ jaded/blase in/about the whole bt tracker scene that they would make a simple request and I could maybe help them out .

You know in all my time here I think the least "exotic" tracker anyone has ever asked me for was TL and considering you pretty much need to donate to guarantee obtaining invites there they aren't even the easiest invites to come by.

Actually I too really appreciate the refreshing honesty .

Is that F** or F**?

Ok now im serious if you really whant to consider me as a potential invite to F*N im waiting a pm from you and all your requirements are be shown.And how you said "Why not"

Both you and elbuitre are more than welcome to PM me any proof or anything else you might want to tell me.
I should let you know though that I don't have any invites at the moment or am I certain that I ever will again but for someone who will be an obvious asset to that site I might be able to swing one.
Umm I think you should talk to maybe MegaBitMe or Rart first though and ask them what they think.

Totally serious question. I have a friend that probably finds it demeaning to involve himself with this thread. He's a really nice person, and he's been reasonably active on FST. I don't know why he hasn't thrown his one request in around here recently, but I'm sure that he still wants it.

Advice on how I should proceed to convince him to join in on this fun?

P.S. No, the person is definitely not me.

Totally serious answer I find it a bit disconcerting that your friend finds this thread demeaning as it is far from my intent .I'm not asking anyone to beg here.I am only trying to elicit a few honest,sincere hopefully well-thought out requests which I may or may not be willing/able to fill . Appearances to the contrary I do take the responsibility very seriously though and will not think less of anyone for asking me for anything.I am only trying to help people here .
Simple as that end story.

That and I get sick of all the "high level " trading threads and I would find it personally satisfying to see someone "get" into someplace from less than nefarious means here.
Btw you notice HDbits( the member not the site) managed to get himself into HDbits ( the site not the member) and first thing he does is start trying to trade any invites the acquired account has.:dabs:
I'm no genius but my spidey sense is telling me someone bought himself an account.So much for "loving " and respecting the place.

anon
06-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Btw you notice HDbits( the member not the site) managed to get himself into HDbits ( the site not the member) and first thing he does is start trying to trade any invites the acquired account has.:dabs:

But he won't be able to do it... I mean, the invite system there remains closed, right?

ringhunter, does the person you're talking about have two stars here?

ca_aok
06-06-2010, 12:28 AM
By the way if anyone writes out a non-halfassed request to a FLAC tracker here (assuming you aren't a trader/cheater/etc and have at least some activity here) I'll see what I can do for you. The inevitable question of course will be "why aren't you satisfied with What/Waffles?".

megabyteme
06-06-2010, 01:48 AM
By the way if anyone writes out a non-halfassed request to a FLAC tracker here (assuming you aren't a trader/cheater/etc and have at least some activity here) I'll see what I can do for you. The inevitable question of course will be "why aren't you satisfied with What/Waffles?".

I think TVCY would be a good candidate for one of those FLAC sites. He loves music AND he's been banned on both What and Waffles. :D

All joking aside, if he were to ask for one, I think he has paid the price for his past and has learned from the experience. He's a good guy in my book. Hopefully someone can help him get back into some quality music site(s).

Thanks for considering it!

anonymous0711
06-06-2010, 01:58 AM

I think i know who you are both referring to and if i am correct on who it is i would like to say that imo they are one of the few ppl i would truly like to see get into the site we are referring to. While i know my opinion might not carry much weight to you idol i can say that personally i wouldnt hesitate to help this user in an way if i had the necessary means

anyways i hope if they complete the necessary application to your standards you will give serious thought to inviting this user and i also sincerely hope the rest of this giveaway provides you with some reason to at least retain some sort of respect for at least a small % of the bt world lol

IdolEyes787
06-06-2010, 02:06 AM
The inevitable question of course will be "why aren't you satisfied with What/Waffles?".

Because I already belong to them.:unsure:

Joking aside ca_aok if hypothetically speaking I've finally been shamed into uploading attempting to upload some CDs what would be the best program or at least the best for retarded people to rip them with?

Quarterquack
06-06-2010, 02:15 AM

It's like you know who I'm talking about without me even describing anything about him.

Do you mind if I'm the person who ends up throwing the request in? I'll make the request worth your while. I only have one gripe, and that is, I'd rather do it privately. If you want me to lay it out here, I'm fine with that, as well, I just told you my preference.

EDIT: For a few reasons. If you want I can explain my reasons prior to pm'ing you, and yes, they are relevant.

Joking aside ca_aok if hypothetically speaking I've finally been shamed into uploading attempting to upload some CDs what would be the best program or at least the best for retarded people to rip them with?

EAC, and if my memory serves right, it's freeleech at What.

IdolEyes787
06-06-2010, 02:15 AM

I think i know who you are both referring to and if i am correct on who it is i would like to say that imo they are one of the few ppl i would truly like to see get into the site we are referring to. While i know my opinion might not carry much weight to you idol i can say that personally i wouldnt hesitate to help this user in an way if i had the necessary means

anyways i hope if they complete the necessary application to your standards you will give serious thought to inviting this user and i also sincerely hope the rest of this giveaway provides you with some reason to at least retain some sort of respect for at least a small % of the bt world lol

I on the other hand don't have the slightest idea who either of you are referring to .
Btw anonymous0711 since you seem a decent sort your opinion carries as much weight with me as anyone . Seriously who does anyone of us really know here and in matters both large and small we have basically go with our gut and take everything said mostly on faith.

Cabalo
06-06-2010, 03:44 AM
So, who's the guy with 2 stars? :unsure:
I want to see this soap opera's final episode.

Quarterquack
06-06-2010, 03:49 AM

:lol: I'll let him know Idol's opinion, mine, and tell him to head over here if he wants to. It would suck for elbuitre and aly13 to have one more person in the draw. I'm sure Idol is willing to pull some strings/make some promises, but not go overboard.

EDIT: If he does decide to come forward, you'll know, but I'm not going to advertise someone else's request.

Cabalo
06-06-2010, 03:54 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XPWlh6urQq8/Si1mgLM9KeI/AAAAAAAAAVw/hzxb_LOBa9c/S660/garden+banner+v+4.jpg

ca_aok
06-06-2010, 03:56 AM

Some cryptic shit right here. I think I'm the only one who has no clue who we're talking about :pinch:

Because I already belong to them.:unsure:

To do it "properly" (i.e. make a perfect FLAC rip) use Exact Audio Copy on windows or X Lossless Decoder for macs. For ease of use... maybe dBpoweramp? You can grab a cracked version in several places, it's a pretty handy music converter and CD ripper. If you need any help just let me know.

Do you mind if I'm the person who ends up throwing the request in? I'll make the request worth your while. I only have one gripe, and that is, I'd rather do it privately. If you want me to lay it out here, I'm fine with that, as well, I just told you my preference.

EDIT: For a few reasons. If you want I can explain my reasons prior to pm'ing you, and yes, they are relevant.

EAC, and if my memory serves right, it's freeleech at What.
I'll hear you out via PM, no promises though! By the way, EAC is freeware :P

Quarterquack
06-06-2010, 03:57 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XPWlh6urQq8/Si1mgLM9KeI/AAAAAAAAAVw/hzxb_LOBa9c/S660/garden+banner+v+4.jpg

That's until the ending scene shows everyone dead, right?

ca_aok
06-06-2010, 04:02 AM
The calls were coming from inside the house.

aly13
06-06-2010, 06:46 AM

I am...:)

I really hate soap movies....

Both you and elbuitre are more than welcome to PM me any proof or anything else you might want to tell me.
I should let you know though that I don't have any invites at the moment or am I certain that I ever will again but for someone who will be an obvious asset to that site I might be able to swing one.
Umm I think you should talk to maybe MegaBitMe or Rart first though and ask them what they think.

So...im waiting MegaBitMe or Rart opinion before il pm you.

cinephilia
06-06-2010, 12:43 PM
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8858/yesu.gif

IdolEyes787
06-06-2010, 01:14 PM
EDIT: If he does decide to come forward, you'll know, but I'm not going to advertise someone else's request.

And you said that you knew how FST worked.

Burnsy
06-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Some cryptic shit right here. I think I'm the only one who has no clue who we're talking about :pinch:

Nope, I don't either, although I am pretty hungover atm so I might very well be missing the point entirely :lol:

IdolEyes787
06-06-2010, 02:53 PM
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8858/yesu.gif

Reminds me of Chow Yun Fat.
How From Paris with Love could instantly be made into a better movie.

mZ0Oq_fCsFs

anon
06-06-2010, 05:06 PM
It's like you know who I'm talking about without me even describing anything about him.

You said enough :yup: I can definitely vouch for him, too. Great guy.

Idol, if you want to get on ripping CDs to upload on What, read the EAC guide:
http://xunside.info/eac/

It's not as hard as some people make it look. I thought I'd never make it, yet an hour after reading that I was already making my own rips. I'd say the hardest part is looking for an original CD that's on the AccurateRip database :D

cinephilia
06-06-2010, 05:12 PM
who the hell are ya' all talking about.

anon
06-06-2010, 05:13 PM
It's a secret :P

IdolEyes787
06-06-2010, 05:18 PM
who the hell are ya' all talking about.

Chow Yun Fat.Asian guy .Starred in a lot of John Woo movies.

Or maybe Chow Yuen Fat the whole Chinese thing is very confusing to me.
I mean is it Zhang Ziyi or Ziyi Zhang? Somebody please tell these people to make up their minds.

Maybe I could hurry this whole process along if I just put HIGH LEVEL TRACKERS

ca_aok
06-06-2010, 05:31 PM
HIGH LEVEL TRACKERS
U*-* plz. I used to be a member but the site imploded or sumthin. I just assume they became a v3 that's more sekkrit.

Note: The above is a joke, don't link me to either of the forums please

IdolEyes787
06-06-2010, 05:31 PM

So...im waiting MegaBitMe or Rart opinion before il pm you.[/QUOTE]

Rart's seemingly lost the ability to post so you might be waiting a while.
Suggest maybe you should PM them ? I'm not 100% sure but I think that is how people communicate here.

HIGH LEVEL TRACKERS
U*-* plz. I used to be a member but the site imploded or sumthin. I just assume they became a v3 that's more sekkrit.

Sorry I don't like trust respect you will need more proof.

I'd be more than happy to invite you to any other fictitious website of your choice though.

QPD
06-06-2010, 05:53 PM
http://**************.com/2009/10/19/the-top-50-most-requested-tracker-invites-of-2009/

may can I have the first 10 of them please?
:shutup:

graywolf
06-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Hmm.. Sad.. I could have made use of this thread.. but don't feel like I want to have something at the moment.. :ermm:

How about you tell me what request you want in exchange for HIGH LEVEL TRACKERS ? :naughty:

aly13
06-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Suggest maybe you should PM them ? I'm not 100% sure but I think that is how people communicate here.

Maybe Megabyteme or Rart don't like to be disturbed,but im not sure yet how to approach him:)

IdolEyes787
06-06-2010, 06:29 PM
How about you tell me what request you want in exchange for HIGH LEVEL TRACKERS ? :naughty:

Non-serious question ,serious answer.

Probably in descending order honesty, true interest in the type of content requested tracker specializes in , intelligence, hopefully a bit of humility rooted in some understanding that while you should conform to any and all rules that you signed up to this is still not something to be taken too seriously or lorded over anyone else ( simply being on FTN or HDBits doesn't make you better than anyone on Demonoid and never will) --major gap..................................
pretty much everything else ( seedbox, being on other "elite" sites etc)that usually gets someone into such places .

Maybe Megabyteme or Rart don't like to be disturbed,but im not sure yet how to approach him:)

Rart it's his job so he really can't complain and MBM would probably rather talk than breathe so no worries there.
Actually the main problem with MBM is getting him to shut up so lots of luck with that.

respawn40
06-06-2010, 06:34 PM

Well one time I asked puckface for an invite to TTC and I sent him a PM that went like this...

i promise that i wil bee an good memeber. it is mah dream, en i herad that yall hav 12 invites, so i wud liek 2 has 1. itz awl i ask phoar + dream eveyr nite. pls.

Your mileage may vary.

ca_aok
06-06-2010, 06:35 PM

I'd be more than happy to invite you to any other fictitious website of your choice though.
Proof:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/ca_aok/ratio.png

As you can see, I have a 100GBit seedbox running 24/7.

Mango invite plz.

IdolEyes787
06-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Well one time I asked puckface for an invite to TTC ....

Did you get in?

Proof:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/ca_aok/ratio.png

As you can see, I have a 100GBit seedbox running 24/7.

Mango invite plz.

PM me yours email and promise not to cheat .

respawn40
06-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Did you get in?

Let's see, he told me to...

1) Not PM him without asking first
2) Speak in "fucking English" (which is odd considering I did)
3) Fuck off

I thought it was a solid enough request, to be honest.

IdolEyes787
06-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I would take that as a yes and keep PMing him until he came through with what he promised.

Also you might want to change your sig to" Leafs suck " I think that will help.

respawn40
06-06-2010, 06:57 PM

Or maybe something like "Canada is lame", or "American football is better than hockey". My chances would increase tenfold.

graywolf
06-06-2010, 06:58 PM

Or maybe something like "Canada is lame", or "American football is better than hockey". My chances would increase tenfold.

but not with Idol.. ;)

ca_aok
06-06-2010, 07:30 PM
What is cheat? No understand. Email ratiomaster [at] hotmail.com. Invite plz.

anon
06-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Email ratiomaster [at] hotmail.com.

GMail please.

QPD
06-06-2010, 07:36 PM
***@SBI.de

anon
06-06-2010, 07:38 PM
***@SBI.de

You know, as a staff member I'm supposed to have such an e-mail address, but I never asked how it works. :unsure:

IdolEyes787
06-06-2010, 07:43 PM
What is cheat? No understand.

Ask your wife/girlfriend.

Wait I went a little crazy there for a moment.
Look it up in the dictionary.

ca_aok
06-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Isn't that some sort of paper thing? I think you mean wikitionary. Where the truth is editable :)

Medooooo
06-06-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm looking for HDBits.org which i really need now but you said not HD trackers and that's sad , So i will go with requesting FTN . It's was my dream to join since i start using torrent to get there and feel the joy of maximum content , speed and packs in one tracker .
I will be layer if i said i desperately need to join FTN but it's a dream i thought i could make it true someday so i have to try . :)
I"m not a cheater/trader/collector and always active on forums .
I have a good proofs if it's okay i can PM them to you .
Thanks!

Tv Controls you
06-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Has anyone requested anything besides "high levels"

IdolEyes787
06-06-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm looking for HDBits.org which i really need now but you said not HD trackers and that's sad , So i will go with requesting FTN . It's was my dream to join since i start using torrent to get there and feel the joy of maximum content , speed and packs in one tracker .
I will be layer if i said i desperately need to join FTN but it's a dream i thought i could make it true someday so i have to try . :)
Thanks!

I've also recently purchased a fairly high-end LED HDTV and I don't feel any special "need" to join HDBits or any other HD tracker for that matter but maybe that's just me.I mean wouldn't it be kind of be foolish on my part if I spent several thousand dollars on something and the apparent full enjoyment of which was dependent on attaining something I don't and might never actually have.:unsure:

As for FTN maybe it's a language barrier but just a few posts ago I mentioned that I believe such things should not be taken too seriously and "dreaming" about FTN or any other site can't help but make me wonder you've got your priorities straight and for "maximum content , speed and packs in one tracker " simply not true .

Anyway I don't want to be unfair to anyone making a genuine request so if you wish to PM me any proof and especially ,since you mentioned it ,evidence of activity on forums I would be more than willing to have and look and maybe that will positively effect my opinion.

Btw I'm not staff at FTN so I can't really speak for them but I think the most important things that they are looking for in new members are a combination of willingness to seed far in excess of the average ( retention there isn't the best), a good connection and being active in the community probably in that order so any thing you send me should give clear evidence of all those.

No and nothing besides 0days to boot.:dabs:

Quarterquack
06-06-2010, 08:48 PM

No and nothing besides 0days to boot.:dabs:

Well, this thread isn't a total waste. :)

megabyteme
06-06-2010, 08:50 PM
there has been talk of my response to Aly, so I'll post it here:

Hi Megabyteme, first of all im sorry if i disturb you,i have applied in the IdolEyes787 thread for an invite to F*N and he told me to get an opinion from you im not sure how this is working.

Regards,
aly13

I just woke up after a long, indulgent nite, so I'll be kinda short...

Idol's main reason for not giving you an invite to FTN: He doesn't know you personally. Also, you haven't given any kind of reason why you would be a good member there (or anywhere, FTM)....

As for my perspective on F*N: It is a very nice site, that a lot of people truly enjoy and support. However, I don't find it to be a site I have had a great use for, since it's content is available elsewhere- without the difficulty of obtaining an invite.

:cc to thread

Quarterquack
06-06-2010, 09:05 PM
I just woke up after a long, indulgent nite, so I'll be kinda short...

In Canadian... never mind, you don't want to know what it means.

megabyteme
06-06-2010, 09:09 PM

Just like in the real world, NOBODY cares what it means to Canadians. :D

Quarterquack
06-06-2010, 09:14 PM

Just like in the real world, NOBODY cares what it means to Canadians. :D

To think that less than two days ago you were overflowing with joy pretending to be one of us. :(

ElitUser
06-06-2010, 09:20 PM
@ringhunter
Why dont you understand times change things change

Quarterquack
06-06-2010, 09:41 PM
@ringhunter
Why dont you understand times change things change

The universe has always been, and will always be a constant. Entropy is bull.

IdolEyes787
06-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Entropy isn't everything that it used to be.:(

Cabalo
06-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Lately I've become more and more disenchanted with the mentality/level of people on bt trackers so in an effort to stem the tide or at least maybe( probably not) make myself feel better I am willing to consider inviting people who apply here to a wide variety of trackers ( excluding HD , or FLAC specific as I don't belong to any.Also no non-English speaking places .edit and not BitMe for obvious reasons).
Thanks!

Hahahaha :lol:This one takes the prize! :hooray:
Couldn't even bother to read the first couple of sentences.

Medooooo
06-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Thanks!

Did you even read my post ?!

ca_aok
06-07-2010, 12:00 AM
Oh, the irony :lol:

megabyteme
06-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Oh, the irony :lol:

At least the thread title has been validated. :D

IdolEyes787
06-07-2010, 12:24 AM
You know if I'm not getting any more responses then I'm just going to have to start asking for stuff myself.

First request I'd like a tracker devoted exclusively to the films of Jean Claude Van Damme.
Thanks in advance.

Cabalo
06-07-2010, 12:39 AM
What, you expect us to believe you were not hinting the OP to invite you to HDBITS when he expressly said he isn't a member of any of those sites?

IdolEyes787
06-07-2010, 12:45 AM
It's was my dream to join since i start using torrent to get there and feel the joy of maximum content , speed and packs in one tracker .

I got your proofs Medooooo thanks but I'd like t ask you again about this statement.
As I've told you FTN clearly isn't the best place for content being exclusively a scene tracker and I'm also not sure what exactly you mean by "speed"? pretimes or how fast you can download something?
Either way I have to tell you ( as I've stated ad naseum) I don't really conscribe to the argument that beyond being semi-reasonable either is very important.
As for packs I guess FTN has some exclusive ones but then don't also most other places.:unsure:

What, you expect us to believe you were not hinting the OP to invite you to HDBITS when he expressly said he isn't a member of any of those sites?

I lied I actually own HDBits but I don't like to brag.
Actually that would also be a lie I do like to brag.

Medooooo
06-07-2010, 01:11 AM
I meant by 'speed' that you can download old files with good speed .You can get full speed in most of the trackers on new files but after a month or something it was almost dead .
SCT was the only tracker (i saw) that you can download the old files with good speed even if it was 1 year old ,and there packs still active after years .
And as i see people always compare between SCT and FTN and they talk about which tracker is better , so i thought FTN content will be more/less like SCT and thats a positve thing to make me try to join FTN .

IdolEyes787
06-07-2010, 01:38 AM
FTN has pretty bad retention being ratioless and most of the people downloading stuff being on seedboxes only trying ( this is just my opinion and might not be in fact true but it's funny how you see the same names regularly on all the big packs) to have the biggest upload possible( which requires get and regular dump) and get into the highest userclass.
I'd like to think they were doing it to benefit the speed of other members but I'm far to realistic jaded to believe that .
I think for truly good retention you either have go to a site that have some sort of tangible reward for seeding ( like FTWR did or kind of like FSC or BCG or iTS do) or have a site like TL where the initial seedboxes rape the bandwidth so much that people of lesser speed are then forced to hold the fort and seed for as long as possible to make up the difference in ratio .Either that of be on sites like KG or one of the better music trackers where people ( at least some of them ) honestly see value in what they are making available to others.I don't think as good intentioned as someone might be anyone could say that about Little Man or the latest Michael Bay flick.

Anyway enough pontificating I think if you were honestly concerned with getting into the closest approximation of ScT doesn't everyone pretty much conclude that to be SCC and not FTN now?

Quarterquack
06-07-2010, 02:02 AM
Anyway enough pontificating I think if you were honestly concerned with getting into the closest approximation of ScT doesn't everyone pretty much conclude that to be SCC and not FTN now?

Correct, but the relationship between FTN and ScT (towards the end of the latter's life, at least) was of being the "Two trackers at the top." The relationship between SCC and ScT was always a race for better pretimes, where each prebot respectively placed itself first, then the other announces came.

Most people tend to look for the "next best thing", instead of "that tracker that raced us and failed". That's how I see it, anyways.

I'm not a member of FTN so I can't tell how close it is to ScT/SCC but I know that the latter two could pass for twins (minus the extremely dedicated uploaders I grew to love at ScT, no offense, of course).

Rart
06-07-2010, 02:11 AM
Rart's seemingly lost the ability to post so you might be waiting a while.

Jesus, can't a man get a fucking break once in a while? :dabs: I was in the middle of wanking off to some nice, premium ass porn, I don't have the fucking time in the world to meddle with this shit. A man's got his needs...

The next 10 people to do this get an instant promotion to admin. Seriously. By tesco hisself.

@aly13

I could be like everyone else, and tell you that FTN is completely overrated. But you've must've already seen that, from the torrent forums, hearsay, and even our very own invites section, where nearly every FTN request is destroyed and torn down within a matter of hours: its overrated, the content isn't spectacular, its just another 0day, yadda yadda yadda. And in that respect, MBM is very correct: it has nothing special going for it. Its just another tracker, and the content can easily be found elsewhere.

But lets be honest here. When someone sets their mind on something, when they want it enough, they aren't going to listen to other peoples advice. They tune out what they don't want to hear, and only listen to the advice that supports and furthers their own viewpoint. You most likely won't ever be satisfied with a "don't bother, it's overrated" naysayer until you've seen it for yourself. I can nearly guarantee you that you will be thoroughly disappointd with what FTN has to offer, but the reality is (to no fault of your own) that you will never believe me, until you actually see the content and try it for yourself (And I will admit, that I have most definitely, to a certain extent, suffered from this as well).

So what is my advice to you? Be honest with yourself. No one really wants it for its amazing content, or its amazing pretimes, or packs or whatever the hell else a tracker is judged by these days. People want it for one reason - they've already caved in to the massive amount of hype that surrounds it. You want FTN - as with many others - truly just to satisfy a curiosity, and nothing more. Maybe that gives the connotation of being a collector, and mabye that's a bad thing - but it's better than a lie. Be honest with Idol - why you really want it, why you're really after such a site - even if it's a bad one - and he may at some point take pity on you.

ca_aok
06-07-2010, 02:47 AM
It's handy when you're not autodownloading 0-day from a site like SCC or when you want some scene stuff that you didn't autodownload. It's also handy if you'd like some fairly slack seeding rules, or if you have a genuinely poor connection and actually intend on leeching 0-day content there (of course in that case PTM works too).

Most of the descriptions of the site in this thread are quite accurate. People are indeed whoring ratio to get to that 10TB up userclass (not sure why, they don't seem to have many tangible user class benefits. Maybe you can view NFOs at some point? That's about it. The "legendary community" there isn't really my cup of tea either, the forums are for the most part full of spam like most sites of this kind and the IRC is usually fairly quiet.

Speeds on new stuff are decent, as are pretimes. Retention isn't great depending on the content in question but really on a 0-day tracker emphasis is generally placed on downloading new material, for older files generally niche movie/tv/music/games trackers will serve you better. I use it because I have it really, if I didn't I'd be fine with PTM or GFT.

elbuitre
06-07-2010, 05:08 AM
my request was sort of a serious joke, you seemed bummed out about not getting any request so "why not?", hope i didn't hurt your feelings :P... @ca_ok: Can I pm you a request? Or should I do it in public?

Medooooo
06-07-2010, 11:12 AM
I had an account there and it was great tracker but they disabled all my country accounts few months ago .:(

I wanna to thank Rat for the advice and tell you maybe FTN is disappointing for you but for some other people it's the ONE tracker that rule them all .:D
People compare between SCT and SCC and both are great even if SCT better in many ways , So i think FTN will be like them atleast it was the same for alot of people .

Any way the thread is going to be a discuss thread about how good is FTN and the deference between top trackers which in my opinion it's spaming the OP thread . :)

Quarterquack
06-07-2010, 11:23 AM
my request was sort of a serious joke, you seemed bummed out about not getting any request so "why not?", hope i didn't hurt your feelings :P... @ca_ok: Can I pm you a request? Or should I do it in public?

I'm glad you're not an idiot.

I had an account there and it was great tracker but they disabled all my country accounts few months ago .:(

I wanna to thank Rat for the advice and tell you maybe FTN is disappointing for you but for some other people it's the ONE tracker that rule them all .:D
People compare between SCT and SCC and both are great even if SCT better in many ways , So i think FTN will be like them atleast it was the same for alot of people .

Any way the thread is going to be a discuss thread about how good is FTN and the deference between top trackers which in my opinion it's spaming the OP thread . :)

You are. By the way; masry, mesh kedah?

ca_aok
06-07-2010, 12:19 PM
You should do it in public. And if it's for FTN I wouldn't hold your breath :whistling

IdolEyes787
06-07-2010, 12:25 PM
my request was sort of a serious joke, you seemed bummed out about not getting any request so "why not?", hope i didn't hurt your feelings :P...

Since I'm a clinical psychopath I would have to develop some first before you could actually hurt them.
That was me being humourously serious.At least I hope it was since my total lack of normal feeling means I just have to make a rough approximation on these things.:mellow:

Wait I do have some feelings ,Rart irritates me.

ca_aok
06-07-2010, 12:32 PM
You're mistaking feelings for an instinctive evolutionary response again.

IdolEyes787
06-07-2010, 12:38 PM
@DeNeDe17 if you wish to request anything please do so in public and not by PM.

I understand the reluctance on your part because you are opening yourself up for further abuse but as I have stated I am not much one for playing in the shadows.
If there are any repercussions to anyone(myself included) because of anything I have done here I would just as soon take public responsibility for my actions.

You're mistaking feelings for an instinctive evolutionary response again.

Like when a earthworm pulls back from searing heat? Thanks for clearing that up, I would feel better now if I could.

Disme
06-07-2010, 12:42 PM
@DeNeDe17 if you wish to request anything please do so in public and not by PM.

You rang mylord???

I've been reading the whole 16 pages just now and as a final bonus I get to see this post about one of my dearest friends here at FST :shifty:.

Fun times ahead if he actually decides to post here :happy:

IdolEyes787
06-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I've been reading the whole 16 pages just now :happy:

You're a glutton for punishment.It's my thread and I haven't even bothered to do that. even I struggle with it.

BABBY
06-07-2010, 01:09 PM
hi Idol great to see your thread again, now we will all have fun.

Disme
06-07-2010, 01:09 PM
I've been reading the whole 16 pages just now :happy:

You're a glutton for punishment.It's my thread and I haven't even bothered to do that. even I struggle with it.

You know I'm fond of you ... and a bit on S&M-side too ... that's why I decided to go through it.

I'm actually considering to apply for something, but I don't know what and why ...

I'd say speed ... but I don't really care for speed. Been using a certain tracker for quite some time now that has certainly not the fastest pré-times, nor the fastest leech-speeds and I don't seem to give a ratsass about that.

Packs ... hmmm ... I rarely download packs, because there's never been a pack that I saw that contained 100% content that I wanted or liked. So can't use that either.

Community ... that ship has sailed too I'm afraid ... you can meet some great people at trackers, but to like a whole community seems to be utopia (there's always the occasional shithead posting ) and IRC is not my thing (I mostly only visit IRC chans when I'm really drunk and can't remember the day after what it was I talked about) ... that's why I prefer forums (better retention ;)).

FLAC ... I've been willing to get into the whole FLAC-thing for ages now (you can ask Funkin), but as of yet I still have to get 'bitten' by the FLAC-'bug', so I can't even defy you if I wanted to and ask for a FLAC-related invite.

HD-content ... I've been a member of what is considered the best amongst them so asking for anything else HD-related would seem rather pointless too.

Same goes for TV-content, movie-content, general music content, e-learning content.

I do have one question: Is there any tracker forum that has had the balls to kick out all 'rate that ass' and the likes-threads and actually bans people for not thinking before they post (mind you, I'm not speaking about trackers banning people because they flame or are rude or so, some of the best and most reflected posts are actually flame-posts and the likes).

dandraesley
06-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Disme, that's the reason i like UG forum. They had karma vote for every single post and I've yet to see thread about tracker fanboys there. Try it then but they don't banned people because of childish posts.

Disme
06-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Disme, that's the reason i like UG forum. They had karma vote for every single post and I've yet to see thread about tracker fanboys there. Try it then but they don't banned people because of childish posts.

UG forum = United Giveaways Forum???

:unsure:

anon
06-07-2010, 01:40 PM

He means Underground-Gamer's forums if your post isn't a joke. :happy:

elbuitre
06-07-2010, 01:41 PM
I'll eventually put up a proper request for ca_ok when I have a bit of free time for writing a long ass post.

Disme
06-07-2010, 01:45 PM

He means Underground-Gamer's forums if your post isn't a joke. :happy:

Actually it wasn't ... I really didn't knew what UG forum stood for.

tippertime
06-07-2010, 01:50 PM
I'd like to apply for FSC because I hear the site is slow as hell...but its free-leech so that means its long term retention is going to be awesome :whistling...Its my dream to be in such a site that I can share these short comings with such an incredible community that I know absolutely nothing about but will pretend to for the sake of this request.

since my beginnings in the torrenting world I have set my sites on such a site (say that 5 times fast), pretty much only because so many people have told me its never going to happen, and I don't like being told I can't have something...

so consider me for an invite...

trying to pull the ol' reverse psychology...if he thinks I don't really want the invite with my witty sarcasm, I will get the invite for sure!

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/cga/lowres/cgan233l.jpg

Disme
06-07-2010, 01:55 PM
trying to pull the ol' reverse psychology...if he thinks I don't really want the invite with my witty sarcasm, I will get the invite for sure!

Might work on Idol :happy:

... but he'll prolly have to make an application for you and I seriously doubt your reverse psycho will work with FSC's staff :ermm:

ca_aok
06-07-2010, 02:15 PM

... but he'll prolly have to make an application for you and I seriously doubt your reverse psycho will work with FSC's staff :ermm:

I'd stick one of those "+1 :fst::fst::fst:" comments after the application, that'd make it sure to succeed ;)

tippertime
06-07-2010, 02:23 PM

you don't think they would like me calling their site slow? :P

dandraesley
06-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Can't we make a love a tracker/forum invites icon to become love a person's avatar, so it'll be more convinving for the inviter. :D :rolleyes:

aly13
06-07-2010, 02:35 PM
@aly13

I could be like everyone else, and tell you that FTN is completely overrated. But you've must've already seen that, from the torrent forums, hearsay, and even our very own invites section, where nearly every FTN request is destroyed and torn down within a matter of hours: its overrated, the content isn't spectacular, its just another 0day, yadda yadda yadda. And in that respect, MBM is very correct: it has nothing special going for it. Its just another tracker, and the content can easily be found elsewhere.

But lets be honest here. When someone sets their mind on something, when they want it enough, they aren't going to listen to other peoples advice. They tune out what they don't want to hear, and only listen to the advice that supports and furthers their own viewpoint. You most likely won't ever be satisfied with a "don't bother, it's overrated" naysayer until you've seen it for yourself. I can nearly guarantee you that you will be thoroughly disappointd with what FTN has to offer, but the reality is (to no fault of your own) that you will never believe me, until you actually see the content and try it for yourself (And I will admit, that I have most definitely, to a certain extent, suffered from this as well).

So what is my advice to you? Be honest with yourself. No one really wants it for its amazing content, or its amazing pretimes, or packs or whatever the hell else a tracker is judged by these days. People want it for one reason - they've already caved in to the massive amount of hype that surrounds it. You want FTN - as with many others - truly just to satisfy a curiosity, and nothing more. Maybe that gives the connotation of being a collector, and mabye that's a bad thing - but it's better than a lie. Be honest with Idol - why you really want it, why you're really after such a site - even if it's a bad one - and he may at some point take pity on you.

Hi Rart and IdolEyes787 this is my response to you;

The thing is like that im 28 years old im half hungarian and half romanian my both parents are hungarians but actualy i live in Romania...so i don't have acces to any good traker like scc and gft.
Im honest and like Rart said i don't really need Ftn and im not after Ftn for packs,community or other exclusive content i just want to have a good traker that I can rely on and without ratio problems(my upload speed its like shit).So in the end im don't kill myself if i don't get in(like others):D

dandraesley
06-07-2010, 02:44 PM
I think there is another ratioless tracker , PTM. It's a great too, aly13. I'm just want to inform you. :) But down atm. :(

IdolEyes787
06-07-2010, 03:15 PM

That is precisely why I stopped posting there.I never made a single silly or facetious post ( like here ) and still some people apparently got their thrills by randomly doling out bad karma .So in the end I just kept whatever positive surplus I had and said fuck it.

I'm smarter than that bananaguy and if want to keep thoughts of suicide out of my head I refuse to believe otherwise .

Hi Rart and IdolEyes787 this is my response to you;

The thing is like that im 28 years old im half hungarian and half romanian my both parents are hungarians but actualy i live in Romania...so i don't have acces to any good traker like scc and gft.
Im honest and like Rart said i don't really need Ftn and im not after Ftn for packs,community or other exclusive content i just want to have a good traker that I can rely on and without ratio problems(my upload speed its like shit).So in the end im don't kill myself if i don't get in(like others):D

A good enough answer and my only response would be that if I knew you better I would have no problem inviting you for the reasons you've given .
Personally I'd much rather invite someone someplace that had some logical reason as opposed to the fact they had a seedbox or were well known in the bt community of something like that.
If nothing else there is a better chance that you might actually use the tracker.

Anyway like I said right now I don't have any invites to FTN but maybe in the future if you stick around and we get better acquainted ( bad luck on your part) I might be able to help you out.
In the meantime maybe you should look into IPT or RevTT or TL( or Bitsoup or PTM etc) . All have plenty of content and all are reasonably easy to maintain a ratio at.

megabyteme
06-07-2010, 04:29 PM
blah, blah, blah...MBM is very correct. Blah, blah, blah...

Good post! :happy:

IdolEyes787
06-07-2010, 04:39 PM
blah, blah, blah...MBM is very correct. Blah, blah, blah...

Good post! :happy:

eUyLwXhqlWU

Disme
06-07-2010, 04:48 PM

you don't think they would like me calling their site slow? :P

I don't think they care what you think of their site/tracker ... unless you would happen to be a member :P

aly13
06-07-2010, 05:18 PM
A good enough answer and my only response would be that if I knew you better I would have no problem inviting you for the reasons you've given .
Personally I'd much rather invite someone someplace that had some logical reason as opposed to the fact they had a seedbox or were well known in the bt community of something like that.
If nothing else there is a better chance that you might actually use the tracker.

Anyway like I said right now I don't have any invites to FTN but maybe in the future if you stick around and we get better acquainted ( bad luck on your part) I might be able to help you out.
In the meantime maybe you should look into IPT or RevTT or TL( or Bitsoup or PTM etc) . All have plenty of content and all are reasonably easy to maintain a ratio at.

Ok man im satisfied whit your reply,and im not going anywhere at least not for now,i really appreciate you being honest.
That being said see you all around...

Cheers.

Medooooo
06-07-2010, 06:40 PM

Ok man im satisfied whit your reply,and im not going anywhere at least not for now,i really appreciate you being honest.
That being said see you all around...

Cheers.
+1 :yup:

IdolEyes787
06-07-2010, 08:19 PM
I wish polarbear would request a sense of humour ,he could really use one.
Not that I really have one to spare.:(

Oh well anyone up for a little rate that ass?

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/useravatar/avatar201667_1.gif

2/10
Inside joke but let me tell you I'm cracking me up.

Rart
06-07-2010, 08:20 PM
+1 :yup:

:smilie4:

Disme
06-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Oh well anyone up for a little rate that ass?

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/useravatar/avatar201667_1.gif

2/10
Inside joke but let me tell you I'm cracking me up.

One hell of a hotshot if you ask me :D

IdolEyes787
06-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Shhhhh.Keep quiet I already have enough enemies as it is .
Ashton Kutcher's been threatening to kick my ass ever since I gave him my honest opinion of Killers

ca_aok
06-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Shhhhh.Keep quiet I already have enough enemies as it is .
Ashton Kutcher's been threatening to kick my ass ever since I gave him my honest opinion of Killers
The last funny thing that man ever did was That '70s Show imo, and that had a really strong cast of other characters to play off of as well. His "film career" has been groanworthy :pinch:

deadalive1
06-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Out of his films I only liked The Butterfly Effect, all the others like you stated are groan worthy at best.

megabyteme
06-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Speaking of polar bears...thought I would post a pic of my son who happens to be wearing a pretty awesome polar bear outfit today. :happy:

http://i49.tinypic.com/aeb89f.jpg

IdolEyes787
06-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Ah he's so cute and sweet and isn't even requesting FTN.
I think I already like him better than I do anyone else here.

Rart
06-07-2010, 10:49 PM
The last funny thing that man ever did was That '70s Show imo, and that had a really strong cast of other characters to play off of as well. His "film career" has been groanworthy :pinch:

Funny you should mention that, just saw this the other day:

http://features.metacritic.com/features/2010/movies-starring-ashton-kutcher/?tag=topslot;title;1

If Killers indeed receives negative reviews, it will continue an unfortunate trend for the actor: not a single one of Kutcher’s movies has earned acclaim from critics. The former model, one-time Twitter superstar (Britney Spears recently surpassed his record for most followers), and current Nikon spokesperson has appeared in over a dozen feature films since landing his breakthrough role on Fox’s That ’70s Show, but 57% of his releases were panned by reviewers, and the others receiving mixed reviews at best.

And MBM, congratulations :). He looks great.

megabyteme
06-07-2010, 11:59 PM
hi,

this is mbm's son. i would like to request ftn because i hear it is ratio-free. since i am only 3 months old, i won't know what a ratio is for another 10+ years. i think it would be nice to not have to worry about them.

thanks in advance!

Preston

edit- btw, thanks, guys. my dad is really proud of me. :)

Tv Controls you
06-08-2010, 12:31 AM
hi,

this is mbm's son. i would like to request ftn because i hear it is ratio-free. since i am only 3 months old, i won't know what a ratio is for another 10+ years. i think it would be nice to not have to worry about them.

thanks in advance!

Preston

Trying to infringe copyright rules at 3 months old, how cute :pinch:

Megabyteme senior.... Don't you think your son is a tad bit too young for these types of communities?
I mean this kind of drama isn't introduced until late teenager years on Mtv and The N

megabyteme
06-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Trying to infringe copyright rules at 3 months old, how cute :pinch:

Megabyteme senior.... Don't you think your son is a tad bit too young for these types of communities?
I mean this kind of drama isn't introduced until late teenager years on Mtv and The N

The boy has pirate blood in his veins, what can a father do but unleash him? :D

Quarterquack
06-08-2010, 01:20 AM
hi,

thanks in advance!

Preston

Bahahaha, if piracy is genetic that makes it legal. I'm off to find more empirical proof!

ca_aok
06-08-2010, 01:43 AM
Bahahaha, if piracy is genetic that makes it legal. I'm off to find more empirical proof!
I swear officer, I was born that way! :cool:

dandraesley
06-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Can a 3 months old baby talk already?. :unsure:.

Maybe It's better if his daddy happen to be generous for the sake of the baby's future. So he can become young guru of private tracker. MBM's kid said : "Hei, don't mess around or I'll take back my dad's invite". :lol:.

Congrats for your new status, MBM. :D. I think your avatar need a little dog as addition.

karachidude
06-08-2010, 10:19 AM
cute little child :happy:

anon
06-08-2010, 12:07 PM
hi,

thanks in advance!

He can already type with near-perfect grammar! :O

ca_aok
06-08-2010, 12:23 PM
hi,

thanks in advance!

It's true, a three month old kid has a higher IQ than a large portion of FST :lol:

aly13
06-08-2010, 01:04 PM
It's true, a three month old kid has a higher IQ than a large portion of FST :lol:

Well said...:D

Cabalo
06-08-2010, 01:24 PM
It's true, a three month old kid has a higher IQ than a large portion of torrenters :lol:
Fixed it for you.

IdolEyes787
06-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Personally I don't think it's a coincidence that torrenter and tormentor are so close in spelling.

Btw I think I'm only going to leave this open for another day or two unless people appreciate the thread for it's spam-like qualities.

I don't know about you but this is what I would post if I ever wanted to fully express the true depths of my lameness.

Another one:

CtrlHD (4100kbps) vs iTunes
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/attachment.php?attachmentid=6396&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1275947316 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/attachment.php?attachmentid=6396&d=1275947316) http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/attachment.php?attachmentid=6397&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1275947316 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/attachment.php?attachmentid=6397&d=1275947316)

I mean I even feel silly that I go by pseudonyms on the internet.

Decide to just say fuck it and give out invites to random people at the park.
Figure the odds are the same as finding anyone who is honest , actually makes any sense and gives a fuck about anything as at FST.
Also by sitting on a bench they are already demonstrating as much initiative as I've seen here.

Totti
06-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Hi Idol just landed two days ago after a two month trip in Thailand :) it was amazing ! I went through the thread and I hope it's still going (as it mostly is spam :whistling) I would like to apply for FSC, mostly because of it being ratio free and me having a slow internet connection, yes this is very unoriginal and i've been told by members of the tracker that the forums aren't very different then the one's here but no bs I still want to see what it's all about. Yes I traded in the past and has my screw ups but I've been active here and have tried to help other members out when possible. If this request renders irrelevant then this should improve the post :)

http://notesfromthebartender.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/bar-refaeli-1.jpg

Bar Rafaeli Israel's number one import to the world

graywolf
06-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Okay, here I am, to make a request after considering this many times.

I've come to request TorrentLeech.

Now, before making this request, I asked myself "Do I really need this?"

Answer is probably "no". I have IPTorrents, which as you stated as being good enough. Now, you mentioned that file retention is better at TL, but I'm not going to use that excuse to worm out an invite from you (because it seems pathetic to me). Now, I also have Pretome and Demonoid. These 3 are the only 3 0-day trackers I have.

Demonoid has less security, less speeds, less file retention and Pretome don't have much older files. But all these reasons, still makes me think.. that no.. these are just excuses, not the real reason for gaining or deserving TL. Besides, the 3 0-day trackers, I have, are pretty easy for maintaining ratio, two of them even being ratioless and one relatively easier to seed on. There are times, of course when I can't find specific things on those, but this also doesn't guarantee that I will find them on TL. So, in the end, I can't justify myself in asking you for this invite, because it feels wrong to me.

So, I ask myself what is the reason? Is it l33tness? But, I never brag to anyone about what I have. I never have and don't feel the enjoyment in doing it in later as well. Sure, it sometimes feels good to brag about some in real world to my friends, but they don't know the difference between FTN and Demonoid, so I might as well brag about Demonoid and get the glory. ;)

So, in the end, what I came up with is that the reason I want to have it is : curiosity and desire to see a new place. Of course, I'm not meaning a community here. Just a new tracker where I can jump onto more things that I like. Maybe, I will find somethings which are not anywhere or better seeded than else, but maybe not. It could be the same as everywhere. In the end, I may have flowed into the hype surrounding it. Though, I have "always" wanted to see what's inside TL (I'm not talking about screenshots :lol: ). "Always" meaning literally 6-7 months. Now, it doesn't mean that I've tried getting into it for 6-7 months. This is the very first request I've ever made for TL. Of course, you may count one as the one I did for Permafrost. But, it was just one asking for what requirements do I need for his acceptance. But, now he has pulled back up his invite and waiting for an "interesting" request.

Now, you may know, but even if you don't, I have pretty low speeds. I don't own a seedbox as well, atleast at the moment.

If you think, I can't survive there, with my current low speeds, then tell me and I promise I won't look for it anywhere (inside and outside FST) until I get a better connection.

And I'm only asking you for an invite, if it's not a hassle. I'm not someone, worth donating and getting an invite for.

So, even though my reason and request feels incomplete to me, I put it forward to you for your consideration.

Hope, it wasn't boring reading it. ;)

Medooooo
06-08-2010, 06:01 PM
@graywolf if it's ok with IdolEyes787 PM your email and i will invite you to TL .

IdolEyes787
06-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Bar Rafaeli Israel's number one import to the world

I can't dispute that fact.As for FSC I have a bit of respect for you as you are one of the few people that by your posts at FST have shown both some thought and a variety of interests ( or in my case an interest in movies).
You do realize though that it's an application , which requires very specific information for any chance of approval ( one hopefully being absoluteness trustworthiness) which as much as I like you I'm not such that I know enough about you that I could swear to that fact .
Anyway I will give you some more info and talk to you in PM about it and if I feel satisfied in the result then I'll see what FSC has to say.

Okay, here I am, to make a request after considering this many times.

I've come to request TorrentLeech.

Now, before making this request, I asked myself "Do I really need this?"

Answer is probably "no". I have IPTorrents, which as you stated as being good enough. Now, you mentioned that file retention is better at TL, but I'm not going to use that excuse to worm out an invite from you (because it seems pathetic to me). Now, I also have Pretome and Demonoid. These 3 are the only 3 0-day trackers I have.

Demonoid has less security, less speeds, less file retention and Pretome don't have much older files. But all these reasons, still makes me think.. that no.. these are just excuses, not the real reason for gaining or deserving TL. Besides, the 3 0-day trackers, I have, are pretty easy for maintaining ratio, two of them even being ratioless and one relatively easier to seed on. There are times, of course when I can't find specific things on those, but this also doesn't guarantee that I will find them on TL. So, in the end, I can't justify myself in asking you for this invite, because it feels wrong to me.

So, I ask myself what is the reason? Is it l33tness? But, I never brag to anyone about what I have. I never have and don't feel the enjoyment in doing it in later as well. Sure, it sometimes feels good to brag about some in real world to my friends, but they don't know the difference between FTN and Demonoid, so I might as well brag about Demonoid and get the glory. ;)

So, in the end, what I came up with is that the reason I want to have it is : curiosity and desire to see a new place. Of course, I'm not meaning a community here. Just a new tracker where I can jump onto more things that I like. Maybe, I will find somethings which are not anywhere or better seeded than else, but maybe not. It could be the same as everywhere. In the end, I may have flowed into the hype surrounding it. Though, I have "always" wanted to see what's inside TL (I'm not talking about screenshots :lol: ). "Always" meaning literally 6-7 months. Now, it doesn't mean that I've tried getting into it for 6-7 months. This is the very first request I've ever made for TL. Of course, you may count one as the one I did for Permafrost. But, it was just one asking for what requirements do I need for his acceptance. But, now he has pulled back up his invite and waiting for an "interesting" request.

Now, you may know, but even if you don't, I have pretty low speeds. I don't own a seedbox as well, atleast at the moment.

If you think, I can't survive there, with my current low speeds, then tell me and I promise I won't look for it anywhere (inside and outside FST) until I get a better connection.

And I'm only asking you for an invite, if it's not a hassle. I'm not someone, worth donating and getting an invite for.

So, even though my reason and request feels incomplete to me, I put it forward to you for your consideration.

Hope, it wasn't boring reading it. ;)

@graywolf if it's ok with IdolEyes787 PM your email and i will invite you to TL .

Wow that's really nice of you Medoooo ,you are a goooodman and I appreciate it.:)

graywolf
06-08-2010, 06:27 PM
So, are you ok with it, Idol?

@ Medooooo

Firstly extremely thanks (if there exists such a phrase :lol: ) for the offer and sorry, if I'm insulting you by making you wait.

But Idol said that your offer's good and that you're a good person. But he didn't "okay" my request. Sorry, if I'm not understanding this, but I still need to confirm it.

And besides you said yourself "If it's ok with IdolEyes787" meaning, you're also waiting for his response.

and by the way, it's almost midnight here and I need to sleep. So, I hope you still will be willing to invite me, tomorrow (for me atleast). ;)

anon
06-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Btw I think I'm only going to leave this open for another day or two unless people appreciate the thread for it's spam-like qualities.

We need a thread like this after "miracles do happen" v1 and v2 were closed, and v3 died. :happy:

IdolEyes787
06-08-2010, 06:58 PM
No one needs my permission to do anything,I'm just some idiot on the internet with too much time on my hands.:unsure:

Just to make things clear though I would greatly appreciate it Medooo if you could be so kind as to invite graywolf to TL because I think he is a good ,honest person strongly "deserving" ( OK no one deserves or doesn't deserve invitations anywhere but you get my long-winded point) and sadly I don't have an invite to give him myself.

I hope that's straightens things out as brevity isn't my strong point.

We need a thread like this after "miracles do happen" v1 and v2 were closed, and v3 died. :happy:

I agree but as you know we are probably in the minority on that.

cinephilia
06-08-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm just some idiot on the internet with too much time on my hands.:unsure:
not just on the internet :noes:

IdolEyes787
06-08-2010, 07:22 PM
I have six pack abs so I'm not overly concerned by my own stupidity.

ca_aok
06-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Everyone has six-pack abs, in some cases they're just hidden under a fair amount of fat :D

IdolEyes787
06-08-2010, 07:34 PM
One day I'm going to take a photo of myself and you are all going to awe at my magnificence.
The only reason I haven't up until this point is that I don't want to make you all feel any more inferior than you already do.

QPD
06-08-2010, 07:45 PM
that hurt cinephilia ...

IdolEyes787
06-08-2010, 08:01 PM
that hurt cinephilia ...

Daydreaming about late night doesn't get you anywhere.

Quarterquack
06-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Daydreaming about late night doesn't get you anywhere.

Being humorous isn't going to cut you any slack for when you post your picture.

IdolEyes787
06-08-2010, 09:21 PM
You're only in a bad mood from trying unsuccessfully to read an e-book on a bus you unromantic cretin.

http://www.bkkbooks.com/image/Hemingway-Across-the-River.jpg

http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/ebook.jpg

dandraesley
06-09-2010, 03:34 AM
Idol, Why not considering posting some of your available invites so It'll attracted more people come and the whole thread in chaos. :P

Quarterquack
06-09-2010, 03:41 AM
Idol, Why not considering posting some of your available invites so It'll attracted more people come and the whole thread in chaos. :P

Because people then aren't going to ask for something they "want" and think Idol has, but instead will be asking for whatever has the most trading value on his list.

Also, if anyone wants any music trackers that do not happen to be lossless and do not start in W's, you can talk to me. Although, I won't be throwing invites away.

Cabalo
06-09-2010, 04:16 AM

Because people then aren't going to ask for something they "want" and think Idol has, but instead will be asking for whatever has the most trading value on his list.
Damn right. Every single thread of this kind will be filled with FTN, Hdbits and the kind. I'm yet to see someone requesting a PTM or revTT invite, you know, the genuine newbie starting on torrents, those that I also like to invite.

amirji
06-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Yet another thread with 23 pages of posts and no one invited yet? (Not sure, and surely not going through that many pages to check)

It seems every time one of these types of thread open up, it's truely to be able help the spammers (or your "active" users, call it want you want) up their post count.

Nice one son. Looking forward to the next thread. :-D

Ah. How did I miss the title of the thread...

karachidude
06-09-2010, 06:56 AM
but idol invited me to HDbits and flac trackers,this thread rocks :D

deadalive1
06-09-2010, 07:08 AM
.....and he invited me to TTC, thanks Idol, you rock. :lol:

Quarterquack
06-09-2010, 07:12 AM
Yet another thread with 23 pages of posts and no one invited yet? (Not sure, and surely not going through that many pages to check)

It seems every time one of these types of thread open up, it's truely to be able help the spammers (or your "active" users, call it want you want) up their post count.

I got my invite. Just not from Idol. :whistling

EDIT: And a few pages back Idol took a dude to the PMs for FSC, so it's not like this thread is a total waste. This is one of those "If one person stands to gain, it was a good deed" sort of things.

brightsid
06-09-2010, 07:31 AM

And I traded a photo, full dressed one, for an *** invite with Idol. Obviously this is the MostValuable Thread

Disme
06-09-2010, 07:45 AM

I actually like this initiative.
For some FST is merely a place to gather invites, I guess you (amerji) are one of those.

I actually started out here to get some invites, but sticked around, although I don't need anything anymore. It's just a place where I enjoy myself amongst some 'friends'.

If you noticed, there was actually one well-written request in this whole 23 pages (well done graywolf), so I don't think it's fair to put the blame on Idol. If you wish to be invited somewhere you should just make a request. But since you haven't requested anything yet I don't see why you have to take such a stance towards this thread.

And mind you ... other people but Idol are scouting these threads to find possible invitees :shifty:

nthpeter
06-09-2010, 07:52 AM

And whats your point? Ban this kind of ppl, ban this kind of threads, make rules to ensure that a poster is allowed to write only informative posts and forget the "chit-chat"? (why are you reading this thread anyway? :)).

Disme
06-09-2010, 08:00 AM
(why are you reading this thread anyway? :)).

Actualy he didn't :pinch:

DeadPoet
06-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Went through all pages.

This thread went pretty good in my opinion. Relatively less amount of spam and serious discussion instead. :>

Also, if anyone wants any music trackers that do not happen to be lossless and do not start in W's, you can talk to me. Although, I won't be throwing invites away.

There are any other worth trying music trackers (general - non-specific genre)?

graywolf
06-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Thanks to Medooooo for making such a generous offer. I won't disappoint you. :)

Thanks to Idol too, even though you couldn't give me invite but you made this possible. :)

I don't think so. See I don't know know how many got benefited by this thread, but I am one who did.

See, it's not just about ungiveaway giveaway threads.I agree with disme that there are other members than Idol who are also on their search to find potential invitees. This is the third time I've been invited by a third person, to whom I didn't make a direct request to. They search and if they find something they like in the request, they give the invite. There are many members here who have everything and just are in dark, waiting. So, this not at all "a complete waste of a thread".

As for your second part of post, it isn't "spamming" but sharing opinions, talking about their interests, daily life, giving information and this is done in the spirit of fun. I don't see how you can say that, this is done just to increase the post count. You come only here when you need an invite probably, that's because you're serious about this and have forgotten the fun factor of just being here.

I was like the person, who did hunt for invites when I came here. Then, I learnt a bit later that I can't get invites with the poor speed I have, so I went away. You can see that, I mean I joined at the same time as Anon, TV Controls You and I even joined before Ringhunter. But you see the difference in our posts! And they haven't all just spammed till now (not sure about Anon, though. :shifty:) I feel a bit ashamed that I let go of this site, just due to my own selfishness. I came back only few months back and you see participation did earn me many good invites, but for me, that phase has gone, when I wanted to participate to earn invites. It's just fun here. I'm hell lot'a sure that I couldn't have had this much informative and friendly talk with other international users in social networking sites.

If you noticed, there was actually one well-written request in this whole 23 pages (well done graywolf)

Thanks for the compliment Disme. :)

Quarterquack
06-09-2010, 10:35 AM
There are any other worth trying music trackers (general - non-specific genre)?

Nothing worth writing home about. Most just rip off from the scene, and the remaining (general that is) end up copying releases from the big W's.

I personally enjoy CE (laid back community, relaxed rules, staff actually putting effort but not obsessing), but if you have the two main generals you can surely survive without it.

DeadPoet
06-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Yea, just as I thought.

Not a member of the biggest W but don't see any need since I can find most of the stuff on the tasty W anyways + they have by far the best smilies on the net. And I don't want to member of any other BT tracker. Instead, I need to get rid of those I don't need use.

Thanks for the answer tho.

A
06-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Idoleyes,mother theresa of FST :angel_not (jk)

Nice thread

Rart
06-09-2010, 12:50 PM
:eyebrows:

Candidans can't be anything worthwhile. Sorry to break it to you.

IdolEyes787
06-09-2010, 12:57 PM

I already gave reason (see post #53 of this thread)

As for the inspecificity I prefer people to say what they want instead constructing an argument to suit whatever it is I might be offering.
That and like I said I really don't know if I will invite anybody ,it is totally dependent on who comes forward and what they have to say for themselves.

I will add to that last point that if I listed a bunch of invites that I had people would presume that they were all there to be given which would be misleading because as I've tried to say in this and a previous attempt ,this isn't so much a "giveaway" as an attempt to find people who for whatever reason merit something.

:eyebrows:

Candidans can't be anything worthwhile. Sorry to break it to you.

Mounties and hockey players aren't worthwhile? I beg to differ.

Probably the same way you missed the essential meaning of your own sig.:unsure:

aly13
06-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Probably the same way you missed the essential meaning of your own sig.:unsure:

Nice one...:)

IdolEyes787
06-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Damn right. Every single thread of this kind will be filled with FTN, Hdbits and the kind. I'm yet to see someone requesting a PTM or revTT invite, you know, the genuine newbie starting on torrents, those that I also like to invite.

That was the original intent or maybe more honestly to try and find a few people looking for a niche tracker ( after all , all 0days are the same.Anyone who wasn't a total nimrod could be just as happy on Leecherslair as on FTN yadda yadda yadda ) so I guess by this and a previous attempt I was also trying to prove or disprove something to myself about this site and the people who largely inhabit it.

Rart
06-09-2010, 01:13 PM
hockey players aren't worthwhile? I beg to differ.

Hah. Get beaten at their own game by us folk.

IdolEyes787
06-09-2010, 01:18 PM
And as for "giveaways" graywolf is quite right in all the time I've been here and for all my posts ( admittedly largely spam lately) I've ever only "gotten" one site directly from a giveaway and that was TVT and pretty recently .Anything else has come from either open sign up or someone simply deciding to invite me- although in Disme's case I did bug him a bit - sorry bud.:pinch:

hockey players aren't worthwhile? I beg to differ.

Hah. Get beaten at their own game by us folk.
You're a hockey player?

Also actual fact as strange as it may seem lacrosse is Canada's sort of official game and more people participate in soccer than hockey .
If it's any consolation as a nation at least on the male side we suck mightily at the soccer .
Less crime (relatively ) fresh air and (mostly ) genial people so I'd still consider it a win though.

Seriously I'd prefer last place every year to living in Philadelphia anyway.

Also apologies to amirji for my spam.

Quarterquack
06-09-2010, 01:31 PM
That was the original intent or maybe more honestly to try and find a few people looking for a niche tracker ( after all , all 0days are the same.Anyone who wasn't a total nimrod could be just as happy on Leecherslair as on FTN yadda yadda yadda ) so I guess by this and a previous attempt I was also trying to prove or disprove something to myself about this site and the people who largely inhabit it.

Let me put it this way:

Hype + Content that any given person wants = requests.

I am truly saddened by the general community that dwells on today's 0day trackers. There are still posts on some of the best scene trackers that I'm on asking questions like "Why are there dots?"; "How do I mass rename the dots?"; and "Can we unrar?" I don't believe for a second that those people joined the tracker for the content. That's like asking people on What.CD "Why mp3's?"

It's just hype, hype and more hype. Hyped content, hyped exclusivity, hyped member-base; and given man's compulsive need to learn/seek/explore more than his most proximate confines, you will only get requests for the "high level" 0days instead of anything else, even something the invitee might genuinely momentarily be in need of.

Then comes the question of what content is served on the source/tracker. Most (if not for some, all) of our downloads mainly stem from the scene or a scene derivative. It's the content anyone thinks they "need". Let me put it this way: If AoM were to market a legendary community, I don't think they'd be half as successful as if for example dH did it. One tracker caters to a niche group of people, while the other tracker's categorical description serves as the explanation for the demand that would ensue; "general".

ca_aok
06-09-2010, 01:54 PM
It's ironic though because rarer niche trackers are far easier to join (with a few notable exceptions) and are far more realistic requests assuming you can demonstrate some interest in the subject matter and an ability to type in basic English.

I think the idea with seeking "high level" 0-day sites stems from the fact that they all have the same content. Sure, dH has mostly the same torrents as FTN or FSC, but because of that they only differentiation between the sites is the exclusivity/packs/legendary community. So one figures "well, if they all have the same stuff why not try and go with the ones with the best packs/smallest community?". People tend to forget at times that small implies stagnant forums/IRC and fewer leechers (i.e worse swarm speed and far worse retention even neglecting their ratioless/pseudo-ratioless nature). The "community" these days is a bunch of newer members of the site spamming the forums to boost their post count because they figure regardless of post quality, the mere fact that they're posting so much contributes to the legendary nature of the community. New members see the boards dominated mostly by spam/repetitive topics so it's all they can really post in, and the cycle continues.

dandraesley
06-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Not at all, ca_aok. I've tried to join these two tracker (vault and occult) which interest me most because I've a newbie trader/merchant (in real life not BT) and I always like to see some mystical things in a shape of book (yes, I'm a ebooks lover).

I've tried via their official channel but both of them rejected me because of my upload speed and I can't contribute anything worthwhile to the tracker. Sorry for the rant in your thread, Idol. :(

Cabalo
06-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Not at all, ca_aok. I've tried to join these two tracker (vault and occult) which interest me most because I've a newbie trader/merchant (in real life not BT) and I always like to see some mystical things in a shape of book (yes, I'm a ebooks lover).

I've tried via their official channel but both of them rejected me because of my upload speed and I can't contribute anything worthwhile to the tracker. Sorry for the rant in your thread, Idol. :(
I've invites for both, but unfortunately both of them have a closed invite system, due to selling... If they ever reopen, PM me.

dandraesley
06-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the offer, Cabalo. Maybe I need to wait longer for them to open for invites. It's very unfortunate. :(

Looks like Idol didn't need to hand out his own invites anymore. :lol:

Disme
06-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Anything else has come from either open sign up or someone simply deciding to invite me- although in Disme's case I did bug him a bit - sorry bud.:pinch:

:unsure: For the love of the Almighty I can't remember you ever bugged me, but I guess that's due to my alcohol consumption :cheers:

ca_aok
06-09-2010, 03:33 PM
http://www.insidesocal.com/tv/the-simpsons-homer-to-alcohol.jpg

Disme
06-09-2010, 03:45 PM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/4/27/633764493556875340-rockbottom.jpg

aly13
06-09-2010, 04:10 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/znsp76.jpg

This is my baby...:lol:

IdolEyes787
06-09-2010, 04:11 PM